Top 12 Sink or swim

• Thread starter total annihilation
  • Start date

DeletedUser3317

TBD made a few mistakes in how we did things in this world, for one, we should never have let up on KOD in the north. We started focusing on the alliances in the south which gave KOD a lot of breathing room to regroup and come after us in the north.

However, the biggest mistake we made was trusting KT. In my eyes, the only reason KT is in the position they are in is because they had all the time in the world to prep their cities for WW without many outside threats because TBD was keeping all of their enemies focus elsewhere.

This is just my opinion and not necessarily based on facts, but I'm sure you won't find many people that would disagree with my assessment.

Actually many people do disagree. Please read previous posts in this forum. Unless you talk to mazda. But his stories change daily. that you will also find throughout this particular forum. It is actually funny re-reading previous posts in this thread. You can tell when mazda took his meds... and when he didnt. :-D

DeletedUser3317

I am curious to see how the peace time break this week might play a factor in the race... I dont know if it will, but it is possible. Should be interesting to see.

DeletedUser6798

maybe you guys should do less typing and more farming and you would have less excuses.

Action speak louder then words, and by the look of both of you there isnt much action, where is your coalition to save you guys this time

Actually I think we are keeping up with your 3 alliances pretty well. 180 members vs 95.. and we are leading certain wonders. Yep.. pretty happy thus far.. But its ok Mazda.. we all lie to ourselves to help justify our actions. :D

I'm also a higher fighter than about 3/4's of your lovely group.. so you should stop bashing them. I mean I can say my stats are awful. Just like most of your group... but you shouldnt

TBD made a few mistakes in how we did things in this world, for one, we should never have let up on KOD in the north. We started focusing on the alliances in the south which gave KOD a lot of breathing room to regroup and come after us in the north.

However, the biggest mistake we made was trusting KT. In my eyes, the only reason KT is in the position they are in is because they had all the time in the world to prep their cities for WW without many outside threats because TBD was keeping all of their enemies focus elsewhere.

This is just my opinion and not necessarily based on facts, but I'm sure you won't find many people that would disagree with my assessment.

Im sorry.. when did you come out of VM? Thats right... you probably think this way because you were hiding in VM until wonders popped. I makes sense to me now!

TBD's biggest mistake was definitely trying to get 3 of the top 4 alliances to hit KOD.. Mazda says we have a coalition.. but they never fought anyone alone after the first month of the world.. Koopa is the main reason this wonder stage is even competitive.. look at JG.. they trusted TBD and stayed by their side. Kudos to them. Honestly. But look at where it got them. What does TBD do... merge with Apoc and leave jossy in the dust. Yea you guys are the commendable bunch alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. biggest mistake you made Was creating a 5 alliance coalition creating a target on your back.
2. second biggest was letting king and mazda on forums insulting everyone adding substance to that target.
3. third mistake was attacking rational when you already had two enemies with others drooling at the chance to hit you.
4. fourth was ignoring kt because you are to scared to attack anyone one on one.

and i bet you many would agree with my assessment before yours.

dan10000

Senior Citizen
..look at JG.. they trusted TBD and stayed by their side. Kudos to them. Honestly. But look at where it got them. What does TBD do... merge with Apoc and leave jossy in the dust. Yea you guys are the commendable bunch alright.

You were not party to any of the discussions so don't know anything on this subject. I know lack of info doesn't usually stop you from pontificating but here's hoping...

DeletedUser6798

You were not party to any of the discussions so don't know anything on this subject. I know lack of info doesn't usually stop you from pontificating but here's hoping...

dan... not sure if we have even spoken before.. so lets start with the lack of weight/credibility to your statement..

So hi. I'm Oliver. Lets go from there.

First thing you should know about me is that I dont just say things on externals. They are based on things I either can back by fact, experienced first hand, or want other people to think I know or dont know.

Everything I put on here is calculated and considered. I didnt say that by accident or mistake of fact. In reality it was just my nice way of hinting at the fact that JG and TBD couldnt come to an agreement as to how to proceed with wonders. However there is an agreement in place. It was just my way of pointing out TBA and APOC were able to come to an agreement aside from JG. Why else would a TBA wonder be in 45? JG certainly isnt going to hit it. But now you just look like the 3rd wheel.

DeletedUser

Wow, this has become View attachment 2583 . correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't rotating the norm. what was the last alliance that won WW without rotating? I truly would like to know.

I know Dynamis Mafia didnt rotate in us 11 and we won. It's sort of funny to read all these posts...

Tbd did nothing but pact with the whole world, the whole time, why would they do anything different?

DeletedUser

I know Dynamis Mafia didnt rotate in us 11 and we won. It's sort of funny to read all these posts...

Tbd did nothing but pact with the whole world, the whole time, why would they do anything different?

Hey Mflip234 its r2zibit from The Ancients/Ascension/d12 in US1 can't remember my player name, I have you on skype tho still, you playing again?

DeletedUser723

At least the Baris forum is popcorn-worthy again. :D

Hey r2zibit, I remember you!

dan10000

Senior Citizen
dan... not sure if we have even spoken before.. so lets start with the lack of weight/credibility to your statement..

So hi. I'm Oliver. Lets go from there.

First thing you should know about me is that I dont just say things on externals. They are based on things I either can back by fact, experienced first hand, or want other people to think I know or dont know.

Everything I put on here is calculated and considered. I didnt say that by accident or mistake of fact. In reality it was just my nice way of hinting at the fact that JG and TBD couldnt come to an agreement as to how to proceed with wonders. However there is an agreement in place. It was just my way of pointing out TBA and APOC were able to come to an agreement aside from JG. Why else would a TBA wonder be in 45? JG certainly isnt going to hit it. But now you just look like the 3rd wheel.
It's fine you've just shown again that you don't understand our reasoning and so were posting based on supposition. Your prerogative but nothing other than speculation. So actually you do just say things on externals. And from when I make my rare forays here it seems like you say a lot.

DeletedUser9851

At least the Baris forum is popcorn-worthy again. :D

Hey r2zibit, I remember you!

max.jpg

DeletedUser

Hey Mflip234 its r2zibit from The Ancients/Ascension/d12 in US1 can't remember my player name, I have you on skype tho still, you playing again?

Absolutely, We are prepping for wonders in zakros :)

Anyway I am curious to see who wins Baris... My money is probably on Jossys/kod. But we will see...

DeletedUser9287

well top 12 is irrelvent now that were in WW if people wanna make a wonder chart of who is in first to last and predictions (preferably non biased) on who u think will win that would be nice

DeletedUser12518

Great job to all alliances for make this an interesting WW to say the least.. This will be a great battle for the win. Best of luck to all of you and Happy New year!

My predictions for the first Alliances to get a level 10 build. First name is my first choice but where listed, it could turn the other way:

Hanging Gardens = TBA, or KoD

Colossus = KOD

Pyramids = KoD

Zeus = TBA, or Koopa

Tomb = Rational

Lighthouse = IA

Temple = Koopa

DeletedUser6798

Yea peacetime really through a wrench into all of this...

Not sure I am happy with how Inno chose to limit wonders but not much we can do now..

Achilles the predictions are pretty spot on considering that if you dont have a wonder at level 7 heading into peacetime you have at minimum a 41.5 hour lead.. Only way to overcome that would be to make that wonder your sole priority, which would make it hard ti keep a lead you may have in other wonders.

What it does show is that 5 alliances are in the position to complete a wonder. That really is nuts. Should be an interesting and long world, and I would like to see how it goes once wonders are built.

As for dan, dont think you were forgotten.. just disregarded.. Its very easy to say things after the fact. The truth of the matter is that Jossy doesnt look to be in the running for any wonder. The strength of your allies aside, you are building wonders solo, whether by choice or circumstance. TBD isnt building wonders alone, and they chose their other ally to do it with. Make of that as you will.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13074

My New Years wish is that Oliver would stop lying and admit that he wanted to take over the rim before breaking his pact with TBD.

And truthfully, does anyone think KOD is not going to get a crown before this is all over? It's what they do. I'm more interested to see which alliance can grab victors first, in my mind, that is the real winner.

Like Evil Eyes in Phi. They were real winners, and Acension in Alpha, which of course, was won because Athan broke his word and threw a fit cause they didn't give him founders rights. Why they didn't, I don't know, was dumb move, but he showed his true colors there.

DeletedUser6798

Well you shouldn't have told everyone your wish. Now it won't come true! 8)

All that aside.. I do agree Victor is the award that counts. Especially in a competitive world. Should be fun. Hopefully we see more fighting and less side deals being made.

DeletedUser2630

Great job to all alliances for make this an interesting WW to say the least.. This will be a great battle for the win. Best of luck to all of you and Happy New year!

My predictions for the first Alliances to get a level 10 build. First name is my first choice but where listed, it could turn the other way:

Hanging Gardens = TBA, or KoD

Colossus = KOD

Pyramids = KoD

Zeus = TBA, or Koopa

Tomb = Rational

Lighthouse = IA

Temple = Koopa

Indeed, all alliances building Wonders are to be commended on their play in a very active fighting world which is the way most of us like it. If these predictions hold there will be no early win and should be some good fights ahead. Looking forward to the upcoming fun :)

Good luck to all

DeletedUser723

My New Years wish is that Oliver would stop lying and admit that he wanted to take over the rim before breaking his pact with TBD.

And truthfully, does anyone think KOD is not going to get a crown before this is all over? It's what they do. I'm more interested to see which alliance can grab victors first, in my mind, that is the real winner.

Like Evil Eyes in Phi. They were real winners, and Acension in Alpha, which of course, was won because Athan broke his word and threw a fit cause they didn't give him founders rights. Why they didn't, I don't know, was dumb move, but he showed his true colors there.

What!? lol!!! That is too funny!

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that Alpha was won by The Ancients, and Ascension was our academy. When the server got stale because we dominated it too heavily, and many of my closest grepo-friends started to quit from boredom, I took 20 of our members and founded The Rebel Alliance and went to war with most of the server just to shake things up and keep it interesting. Purely in the name of keeping the server competitive, we joined Helghast though, my loyal members and I always planned to return to The Ancients for wonders. I can honestly say that we did remain loyal to Helghast (temporarily renamed Phoenix) and fought against The Ancients (Temporarily renamed Ascension) taking and losing cities from each other in an all out war. We were not on wonder islands, nor did we leave them at a critical time that would hinder their own chances at winning. I was a leader in Helghast all the same. I don't recall if I had founders rights or not but for those that play with me, you know that I don't need a rank to be a leader. I lead by example and by helping others grow into strong, successful players.

In simple terms, we were running out of enemies in our 9 ocean dominance so we made the call to fight each other temporarily to keep the server alive and kicking. Not everyone agrees with this method. Not everyone understands this method. But, the alternative was to stay in The Ancients and lose more of my friends to boredom from a lack of action. Consider a 9 ocean core on a speed 1 server where the only enemies you have chose to turtle up. 24hr+ CS's launched at turtled cities with low morale can be a very draining experience, despite the fact that we were still successful.

So, Smudger, if you're going to bash me for what happened on Alpha, that's fine, you're opinion is your's to have. But, The Ancients didn't win because of me going to war with them and then returning. In fact, my crew brought a bit of life back into our real enemies and gave them more of a chance to win.