Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser11556

We`ve been playing Sparta for 7/8 months and Upisilon keeps cropping up.. nice to see such affection and remonisciences being carried head high..... he!he!he!

DeletedUser3317

There are a lot of players from Gods of Sparta in vacation mode in O56. It is getting ridiculous. I counted 8-9 players from Gods in O56 in Vacation Mode right now. If you include Roiel the great who went in VM just yesterday.

DeletedUser

There are a lot of players from Gods of Sparta in vacation mode in O56. It is getting ridiculous. I counted 8-9 players from Gods in O56 in Vacation Mode right now. If you include Roiel the great who went in VM just yesterday.

Nothing compared with 54. three of the top 6 in VM along with the 13th ranked player

Thats about 1.5m of vm in 54 alone, over 100 cities.

They got bored.

Fixed that for ya.

DeletedUser2630

They got scared.

definitely I'm in fear. somedays I'm too scared to even get out of bed and I put the sheets over my head trembling in anticipation of huge attacks on me.

I agree that too much talk about US21. Nobody here talks much about US8 LOL
I think there's so much talk about US21 because Oliver will not go away and stop me looking so bad. Every time he posts I am so humbled and feel so bad about myself. That and the constant fear factor had me go into VM.

Let's try and stick to US42 and enjoy the game here. I liked your top 12 LA but the server isn't over yet :)

DeletedUser12321

I am aware I'm a noob and am sure I will be told I suck yada yada, but with all the personal smack talk on this server I will find it interesting to see the next server and see who joins with who for the next round. If you have talked trash (personal trash, you can talk game trash all day) and then want to team up with the people you have said are pathetic and suck, that will speak volumes.

If i did a top 12 it would be based on my personal interactions with different alliances, for instance. Nightmare Visions would not make my top 12 sink or swim, but give them credit, they defend better than many alliances.

DeletedUser3317

you have to realize that most of the players for GOS joined them out of fear because of there size. They did not realize it is mostly a simmers alliance. Most have turtled up. If they have not most have gone into vacation mode. They have over 100 cities right now in O56 in VM. This is where there size will hurt them. You cannot just recruit anyone and expect not to have quality player issues. But then again, i am also sure that they have a lot of simmers that dont even know what is going on right now. 1 of the 3 largest players for GOS in O56 even told me that he does not really care about winning. He just wants to keep growing. He does not even check the GOS forums. He just did not want to get eaten up by the wheel and infamous, so he joined GOS. That is not what you look for in from one of your largest players in O56.

Besides with all the VM of GOS in O56 it is time to start focusing on O57. I will focus on O56 when those players come out of VM. Meantime, it is time to start focusing on other oceans.

DeletedUser

No, it was definitely fear.

Well of the players in 54, which is what "I" was talking about

Top ranked player - Arete,dont think that was fear
2nd Ranked player - Myself, that wasnt fear
6th ranked player - eskwasit, dont think that was fear
13th? ranked player - Cello, wasnt fear
Add in Brew who was top ten, wasnt fear

Most have turtled up. If they have not most have gone into vacation mode.

I would be careful how you generalise. Dont assume that players who have gone into VM have gone their out of some sense of fear or to turtle.

Of course, there are simmers in all large alliances, and maintaining activity levels in any alliance is a struggle, certainly once you pass that 50-60 mark it starts becoming an issue. . Personally, given a choice I like to play in alliances of 30-50 people tops. Certainly from a leadership point of view, that allows you over the course of a world to get to know every player really well, understand their strengths and weaknesses as well as get to know them personally, which also in turn promotes greater teamwork and dedication from the players.

Trouble is, its a catch 22, as one alliance grows, other alliances feel forced to grow. Some will say gods merging with vortex forced the hand and so infamous merged in matter and some of dire etc etc, but that doesnt take away from the fact many alliances came to the world with multiple branches. All no doubt had good intentions to reduce gradually to one branch, but that never seems to happen. In the end you have to increase to compete, especially with wonders on the horizon, if one alliance group has 180 players, you need 220, or 250, or 500.

The situation here isnt nearly as bad as on EN servers where everyone seems to have jumped on the cuddle strategy. I quit en81 after the alliance I found myself in had 17, yes SEVENTEEN pacts.:D

The current endgame has an awful lot to answer for. Id love to see them block changing alliances once wonders start, and block shared forums, but they wont, so we have to play with the hands we are dealt.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Id love to see them block changing alliances once wonders start, and block shared forums, but they wont, so we have to play with the hands we are dealt.

I wouldn't mind seeing that as well. People who want the crown and join an "academy" alliance of the biggest alliance would no longer get the chance of obtaining a crown without moving to the main alliance prior to WW, therefor they wouldn't be so quick to hide behind a bigger alliance for an easy win. It would help prevent alliances like GOS who had like 7 alliances at one point and still has 5.

Well of the players in 54, which is what "I" was talking about

Top ranked player - Arete,dont think that was fear
2nd Ranked player - Myself, that wasnt fear
6th ranked player - eskwasit, dont think that was fear
13th? ranked player - Cello, wasnt fear
Add in Brew who was top ten, wasnt fear

I just know that out of the 5 you've listed, 3 are gone. They were having no problems before The Wheel and Infamous were in the picture but once war broke out between ya'll they up and disappeared.

DeletedUser3317

reply to displaces last comment.

LOL! yes, but didnt you do the mass recruit process so you could devour them internally while at the same time have safety in numbers? I am confident that those who have been in vacation mode for over 12-14 days are more then likely not going to be coming back (in most cases). But those that have been gone 2 or more weeks.... 99% will not be coming back. the list of inactives for GOS is really really long right now.

As for the pact comment i dont really see too much of a difference between an alliance that goes out and takes in everyone creating 7,8,9 alliances under the same umbrella while having pacts with other alliances. So, to leave a world because they did the same thing you are doing here (basically) is very odd.

I just find it odd you quit a world that you said everyone holds hands, but are in an alliance that took in everyone to hold hands, because there is safety in numbers. I am only pointing out what it looks like. GOS only grows through recruiting. It really has not accomplished much else.

Also, How is the strong right hand of GOS (Stone Cold Killers) doing? no one has really explained why they disbanded. I know a couple of the top players went into vacation mode and did not return, but what else happened that forced it join back with GOS?

DeletedUser

Also, How is the strong right hand of GOS (Stone Cold Killers) doing? no one has really explained why they disbanded. I know a couple of the top players went into vacation mode and did not return, but what else happened that forced it join back with GOS?

They met their Doom ;)

Just kidding. They were definitely having some sort of issues, I took 4 cities from them in one day (4/20, the day after they disbanded). I had a 4/5 CS success rate. For that last week we were taking cities from them almost at will. They had to have had some communication issues or something.

DeletedUser

I just know that out of the 5 you've listed, 3 are gone. They were having no problems before The Wheel and Infamous were in the picture but once war broke out between ya'll they up and disappeared.

Well theres four, Arete, Eks, Myself and Cello
2 have gone for sure, 1 about a month ago, Eks, well guess he had no home post merge.
But I can 100% confirm that neither myself or Cello are in VM are out fear :)

reply to displaces last comment.

LOL! yes, but didnt you do the mass recruit process so you could devour them internally while at the same time have safety in numbers? I am confident that those who have been in vacation mode for over 12-14 days are more then likely not going to be coming back (in most cases). But those that have been gone 2 or more weeks.... 99% will not be coming back. the list of inactives for GOS is really really long right now.

As for the pact comment i dont really see too much of a difference between an alliance that goes out and takes in everyone creating 7,8,9 alliances under the same umbrella while having pacts with other alliances. So, to leave a world because they did the same thing you are doing here (basically) is very odd.

I just find it odd you quit a world that you said everyone holds hands, but are in an alliance that took in everyone to hold hands, because there is safety in numbers. I am only pointing out what it looks like. GOS only grows through recruiting. It really has not accomplished much else.

ok, bit by bit. Mass recruiting to devour internally. I would disagree with that. If someone is food it really doesnt make any odds whether they are red, brown or green, and turning them green doesnt make them any easier to eat if you are a good enough player. So I think, and hope that alliances recruit for numbers, not just for internalising.

On the quitting a world, being in an alliance with 17 pacts was the final straw, the fact they didnt know what they were doing (which is kinda obvious when you see they have 17 pacts) was the bonus, and US at the time was way too much fun.

Killers :D

Ok. Most of the players at Killers are really strong attackers, and really fun to play with. Have found (most of) them great to work with on ops when they were still at GOS, really supportive, well co-ordinated, fun to play with which is all you can ask.

However, their de-facto leader after Arete (Very good player) and Brew (Good player) went in VM, in my mind is nothing but a BP Whore and a simmer who is only willing to attack something if its inactive, Ive had lengthy arguments with him and he is fully aware of my opinion of him, its really no secret. Talked a good game, but never took a city from Matter while at Gos, and pretty much lived on internals, even when he left GOS he was repeatedly setting off trips in my inactive players cities despite being in pact (to the point where he was even caught stacking our inactives with D while cities in his alliance were being lost through lack of defence - work that one out). Its a shame, because Ive got a lot of time for the bulk of the guys on killers, and wanted to see them succeed against Doom, but I wasnt sad to see him fail. Ive not got much time for someone who spends the entire server avoiding a fight while claiming they are the best player around. If you going to talk the talk, be prepared to walk the walk.

DeletedUser

Well Arete, Brewmaker, and Eks never were very good at attacking. They would throw everything they had at one city that was stacking with well over 3k birs, sinking all of their land nukes in the harbor. It was often an easy BP fest if the player they were attacking was online soon enough to get support in there. They were your largest players and didn't show a very good display of skill, especially considering their size advantage of most players.

DeletedUser2630

you guys love talking about players who leave the game huh? and Skrew you usually get things screwed up it's not worth arguing with you. some peeps just love the attention.

DeletedUser3317

LOL! i remember Bayou from the slowest world in grepo (eta). The first world i ever played in. You were such an alliance hopper and always turtled up. But you had a great way of only going after inactives. You were really funny. But that world was such a bad experience i almost left grepo all together. It was full of people that did not know how to play and you just sat there like a turlte jumping alliances to ruin them internally. It was very humorous. Did you ever get back with the union? granted no one really cared about that world after 18-20 months. did it ever get to WW? LOL!

I would not pay much attention to bayou. She is a turtle that will jump an alliance pretty quickly. Once she is done going after internals, she will jump your alliance. Then jump again when WW starts. Bayou always cracked everyone up. You never knew what alliance she was going to hop too. How many alliances did you jump to in Eta? I remember you being in the double digits. x-)

OMG! Bayou, i looked at your stats, just to see if your game has changed any... did you know that 19 of your last 24 city takeovers were internals? And 3 others were against players that were not in any alliance? The other city you took over was a academy player from almost famous.

I think this means the GOS likes recruiting for internals, or maybe that is just how bayou rolls. She jumps alliances to go where the internals are. You ate a lot of internals when you were with infamous too.

Dimspace, dont take offense to the question about stone cold killers (sorry about the typo earlier with the word killers, LOL!). It was just odd to see that alliance break up so quickly and top players leave not coming back from VM. I was curious, just wanted to know what happened with them.

But as for everything else, i have to disagree with you. :-D

DeletedUser5088

Good to see activity and some nice discussion coming from this forum :)

Reminder to everyone to please use the edit feature to edit in new content to your post instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Kind Regards,
Charl

DeletedUser3317

The reason why i did that was because i was replying to different people.