Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser

The game in general is starting to get this way. Top alliances basically work together to solidify there corners of the world. Teaming up and steam rolling over everyone. It use to be back in the day there were not so many NAPs and pacts. But this happens now since so many players now know each other from other worlds. This creates a problem though for players/alliances not in the top 10. It discourages new players and alliances.

well we all blame eviction notice for this. Their method of having about 7 alliances under their banner has forced other alliances to start doing the same thing.

This world, Wolves who have anything up to about 6 alliances at the moment whether they admit it or not, vortex 3, gods 3, matter 3, i guess the answer is bring back 250+ cap servers, but then, there will still be alliances that manage to have "sister alliances".

DeletedUser6798

This thread has completely gone off topic.. but to shed some light on the discussion i will offer my opinion...

There have been some good points made about a pattern that has formed in this game. Alliances are now trying to buff themselves up with members and allies early on in order to allow them to grow safely. Limit challenges, pick your fights, and focus on a single front. It isnt bad strategy, but the players that are more battle hungry will always disagree with it.

There are two types of players in this game. Well really there are more, but lets say that there are two successful types of players in this game. The first are the true warriors. They want to fight. They like small circles of trusted players and they either spend enough gold or are experienced enough to take down larger alliances. However as we saw with warlords, this is hard to do in the core. These alliances typically can make lots of enemies and with early success become the focus of many other groups. This is out of fear, respect, and even anger due to the way these war groups typically conduct themselves. These types of alliances can be successful on the "rim" as long as they have 1 solid ally. That way they can focus on offense, pushing in a single direction while their threats are limited.

The other type of player is one that is in the game for the long run. While the aggressive style players usually either run out of gold or interest, their life span on a server is usually not long term. All alliances suffer from attrition and bad luck. They lose players, and small groups are not typically recruiting enough to stand along for the length of the server. As US players become more experienced, the ones that want to play for the crown begin to plan for the long term. You expect attrition and you make choices that are opposed to stunting growth. That doesnt mean these players are of low quality. You can still be towards the top in BP but still think for long term success.

And thats what you have here in Sparta. Several alliances are trying to plan for the long term. Now also consider this point. Sparta literally opened 2 days after the crown was won in upsilon. Many of those players came here as groups. For wonders, in order to be successful you need a large group of active players. In upsilon the alliance limit was 100. GOS, Wheel, and Matters all brought large groups over from upsilon. Some have turned out to do more mass recruiting while they got here, but others exceeded the 65 player limit just from coming to this world from upsilon.

What you have are different players that define success in their own way. Some think Warlords were a success. They were the top in BP .. but their time has passed. Some define success as being able to get the crown. Others look at it somewhere in between. There are many good players on this server that wont even make it to WW time. That doesnt mean they arent any good. it just means they choose to play the game differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2630

Well said Oliver. I'm the first type of player (fighter) but have lots of stamina and will also be here for the long term absent something crazy happening in RL.
Looking forward to a fun server which to me means lots of fighting :)

DeletedUser3317

Well said Oliver. I'm the first type of player (fighter) but have lots of stamina and will also be here for the long term absent something crazy happening in RL.
Looking forward to a fun server which to me means lots of fighting :)

Ok, bayoubrit. If you are the person i remember from world Eta little over 2 yrs ago, you were the worlds turtle. LOL! You had not one Offensive city and that was because you kept getting kicked out of your alliance in the first year. You somehow found a way to get every single person in that world to not like you. And that was one very very boring world, because it was filled with first time players.

A lot of people (including myself) left that world, (i believe it was tyler that started the Union)... the alliance you are in with right now. how many times did you leave that alliance and come back? how many times did leadership change in the union? I just looked up you and the union in grepointel. You had only 10k ABP (yes, i said 10k! over the course of the last 2 months! yes, i said the last 2 Months! You have over 100 cities. And the union only has 14 out of 49 players that have even logged in over the last 7 days. And that is the #1 Alliance. Come on man! That world was a drag. It killed a lot of young first time grepo players with bordem. Heck, even i almost quit grepo all together because of how slow and inexperienced that world was.

I just had to post this, because i remember brit. She would go around PM all the noobs to attack her because all she did was defense. Then when she got a slot, would go find a small 500-1000pt city and build it up. I never saw you attack. LOL! If you attack now, i am going to assume is because you have so many cities and the world is very very small and all you can do is attack ghost towns now.

Oh my goodness that world was so bogus. LOL! I bet i could win a lawsuit against innogames for putting me (at the time) in that world. I feel like i am suffering from Post traumatic Stress syndrome.... Thanks Bayoubrit, you posting just made me suffer from a flashback that has just given me an aneurysm... thank you bayoubrit. Thank you... you just killed me! Why you had to post anything on this site blows my mind. OMG! Eta was such a noob world. Great, i am dead now. That world was so bad i now feel like there is nothing left to live for. Thanks Bayoubrit.

;-)

Just trying to be funny. But that world really did suck. It was also the world that introduced me to how many simcity players play this game. Hiding in alliances and not playing this game for what it is.

DeletedUser11708

What you have are different players that define success in their own way. Some think Warlords were a success. They were the top in BP .. but their time has passed. Some define success as being able to get the crown. Others look at it somewhere in between. There are many good players on this server that wont even make it to WW time. That doesnt mean they arent any good. it just means they choose to play the game differently.

Oli, you make some great points, and from what I have seen, I wish that more people were aggressive because it seems like it would be a more interesting world, but hey, maybe building up your cities and attacking small alliances' is fun. Well, I will see in the Next world. :p

DeletedUser11116

Skrewball...I am curious when you left ETA? The server was slow no doubt, and its share of simmers but there was plenty of action for most that went looking for it. One thing that did suck is that in the end it really was just 3 big alliances battling it out (The Union, Night Warrios, and SoldiersByChoice). I can't speak about BayouBritt in the early stages of the world but when things got hot late (close to WW beginning) she was pretty active offensively. You can't judge anything about ETA from the last 2 months, the crown was won and players were dropping out....hell its 8 days away from closing down now.

But as someone has stated we are all way off topic. The reality though is that our top 12 here is probably closer to a top 5. Things will change. At some point when you align/pact with too many people those that don't have the 3,4,5 sister/brother alliances will decide its time to push back. I would expect that after the New Year you'll see Infamous and a couple other alliances take on DWs, or the Matter alliances and things will start to get interesting.

DeletedUser3317

Ya, its been years since i was on that server. I just looked at Bayou stats and realized how little activity for a person with over 100 cities. That world was so slow and so inactive. Way to many simmers. Heck, after 2-3 years that server is still not to WW tells you a lot about how bad it was in that world.

DeletedUser3317

think of it like this. Most of the time these forums die because no one is ever on them. So, even though we are not on topic, we are at leave being active.

I would rather have people talking in the forums then not talking at all.

I guess, i am a glass half full kind of guy :D

DeletedUser3109

I agree look at Lamia, Every alliance there is fighting another major alliance or 2 and everyone is to busy killing each other to post on the forum.

DeletedUser2630

Ya, its been years since i was on that server. I just looked at Bayou stats and realized how little activity for a person with over 100 cities. That world was so slow and so inactive. Way to many simmers. Heck, after 2-3 years that server is still not to WW tells you a lot about how bad it was in that world.

@screwball, are you even a player on this server?
I think I remember you as a brief flame out in ETA.
Your stats are from your posterior........I was 5th as an attacker and 7th overall as a fighter overall in BP. To say everyone on ETA hates me is a bold statement by someone who did nothing there except troll the forums and it looks like you're doing it here too. Not sure if you play this game anywhere or just get your kicks from posting inane and unsupported comments.

I also played on US21 (another WW win) and, although I joined that server later too managed to do just fine in BP. My ABP always outscores my DBP so to say I'm a defensive minded simmer is not only inaccurate it's likely the opposite of what I do. Not sure what you do.....a search of GrepoIntel reveals no player in any world under your name. I guess anyone can say what they want on here but, as in RL, it is wise to know the credentials of the one talking. Your credentials are what? Seems to me you're just a big mouth without any class.

I'd suggest you actually get a player account and get on this world. I'll see you here and would like you to see first hand whether I am active and a fighter. As for you, I'm not sure what you are......either put up or shut up but like most big mouths you'll whine more on here about how unfair it is that someone players and alliances are better than you. Face it dude, everyone is better than you.

As for ETA, it was a fun server with some very good players. For an idiot to come on here bashing an entire server....well that's too silly for words. Enough said. Either play the game or go away and die.

DeletedUser2630

I suppose we all should be thanking Screwball for his sharing of these Grepo secrets. We are all so amazingly lucky to have such a wise sage telling us all how things are........sarcasm intended.

DeletedUser

think of it like this. Most of the time these forums die because no one is ever on them. So, even though we are not on topic, we are at leave being active.

I would rather have people talking in the forums then not talking at all.

I guess, i am a glass half full kind of guy :D

Put it in the proper post, or are you too much of a screw ball to understand this? What is your IGN?

DeletedUser2630

so back to the credibility point - you have no idea what you're talking about dude. ETA has gone through WW stage months ago and is closing in a few days. talking out of your posterior as usual

DeletedUser

My first top 10 prediction, please be kind

1. Infamous- Float- Infamous has lost 9 cities to the matter alliances and gained 2 from the Antimatter and Dark Matter. But they have also gained 7 from The Wheel and only lost 1. They will continue to float for a while.

2. Antimatter- swim- Antimatter and sister alliances have taken 9 cities from Infamous, 4 from serial killers, and 9 from The Wheel in the last 30 days. They might not just swim, but rise as they appear to be pacted with Vortex, Dire wolves, and Gods of Sparta since there has not been any conquests by these alliances.

3. Direwolves- Float- not a lot of action here but has been picking off the wheel and serial killers.

4. Gods of Sparta- Sink- not much action here at all. a couple conquests in the last 30 days agianst the top 10 but nothing noteworthy.

5. Polar Vortex- sink- Picked off a couple wheel in the last 30 days, not much here

6. Saints Matter- see Antimatter

7. serial killers- sink- will the bleeding stop? They are getting picked apart by the top alliances.

8. Dark Matter- see Antimatter

9. Solar Vortex- See Polar Vortex

10. The Wheel- sink- Another punching bag for the top 10 alliances. They may float if the cut and run toward the rim.

Thank you for reading my first and potentially last top 10. These are based on conquers not BP as conquest is a measure of the alliance effectiveness.thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser11551

ok my top couple as most of the top ten are sisters or pacted it will be a quick one

1.infamous -swim! by far the best group of players in the game no pacts no sisters 99% very experienced players battle tested and battle hardened we shy from no fight

2.The anti matter MRA (yes i said MRA) sink . yes they took a few cities form us but those were cities of players who were moving to our core and were not heavily defended too far away to be viable they can pact all the top alliances to try and win in the end it will come down to us and them.

3.DW and co sink another basically MRA three sisters tons of pacts or naps they will not last another month if they do i will be very surprised

4.GOS sink pacted to stay alive usless

5.the vortex MRA sink

at this point you clearly see my disdain for MRAs and naps and pacts the whole world can gang up on one alliance but when it comes down to it all these pacts and naps can not last as there will have to be war between them at some point it is just a matter of when and who will strike first if infamous were a member of a mega pact like i see here not only would i be sickened (which is why we aren't ) but i would be very nervous and watch my back closely

oh and for the anti MRA keep tryin to get a spy in my alliance to scared to fight fair huh well if i was an mra i would be too i guess

DeletedUser

I think I will stick with infamous floating. Good core group of guys, honorable fighters but they have had 27 internals since the 8th of December and at least one inactive to still take in 35. Also has 1 in VM. Could that be a sign of internal turmoil and players quitting? The players gaining the cities will become stronger but will over all slow the growth of the alliance if more internals pop up. They could just be swapping cities also. Of course I can only see stats on grep and could be completely wrong. :\

DeletedUser10777

Major, you hit the nail on the head.... Reds just mad and planting a seed so he can say later down the road when we take them over that he suggested that we were going to gang up on them..... Nice excuse red..... But it gets you no where duck......

DeletedUser11551

Major, you hit the nail on the head.... Reds just mad and planting a seed so he can say later down the road when we take them over that he suggested that we were going to gang up on them..... Nice excuse red..... But it gets you no where duck......

haha that is funny what you dont understand is it was my plan from day one to fight all of you that is why i never pacted any of you mra's every single alliance in the game came to me at one point or another including youre and i told them all the same thing kick rocks we dont pact especially MRA's and mega pacts we came to fight unlike you bunch of simmers so bring it on please my question is what are you gonna do when DW turns on you though i do think it more likely that you turn on them