Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser10390

Umm did Xpert leave, get kicked out of Warlords or what?

Warlords? What is a Warlord?
smiley_emoticons_daumendreh2.gif

They are done and gone Xpert is likely doing the ancient Japan thing "falling on his sword"

DeletedUser

I think Xpert is starting from scratch again. I've heard some stories about what happened with them though. Lol

DeletedUser3317

There are a lot of great players in this world. Many with years of experience. But there lies the problem. Many of these players that join this world spend money or come from long drawn out worlds. the players from other worlds suffer "battle fatigue". They never took a break and played in multiple worlds. Some guys can play this game 24-7 and will spend money to keep playing. But for those that have a life, usually dont last in the second world after accomplishing WW. they dont want to start over after playing for a year and dont want to spend money or start over. It takes a very determined person to keep playing this game after finishing a previous world. And that person usually will play multiple world after finishing a previous world. The four horsman, warlords etc etc is only the beginning. You will notice the top alliances will fall because they get burned out or they get frustrated from high expectations and quit.

this game is pretty straight forward. you start out with 40k players. you finish with around 300-400. if you fall below 300 the world gets killed by innogames. Most US world do not make it to WW anymore :-(

DeletedUser9287

uh what u talking about every world has made it to ww so far that i know of

DeletedUser10390

this game is pretty straight forward. you start out with 40k players. you finish with around 300-400. if you fall below 300 the world gets killed by innogames. Most US world do not make it to WW anymore

The 300 player limit is a thing of the past they have removed it. Good leadership and engaged player base via good ole fashioned wars is what keeps a server popping.

Early on in a server life it is very fragile. You start out with 400+ alliances and you KNOW that month out more than half = R.I.P. 2 months in that will be under 50 worth noting. By month 4 you'll have 30 or less and only the 10 or 15 will be of consequence.

What happen to Warlords? All of us on here know the Acts of War. You cant continuously "solicit and steal" top players form most of the other alliances on the server without putting a BIG bulls-eye on your Alliances backside. That was X number 1.

X number 2 was attacking without thought or regard to who is who and what is going on. Hit everyone and anyone eventually you'll end up with too many enemies and will find yourself fighting on all fronts. No matter how good no alliance can survive a war on all fronts Vs everyone.

X number 3 YOUR OUT! Poor Diplomacy. This is one of the things that requires good Leadership with experience on how crucial Diplomacy is for long term success. For the record on the Warlord alliance profile as they got bigger they got "hot doggier" and at one point near the end the profile had in it
"Diplomacy ...whats that?"

DeletedUser2630

The 300 player limit is a thing of the past they have removed it. Good leadership and engaged player base via good ole fashioned wars is what keeps a server popping.

Early on in a server life it is very fragile. You start out with 400+ alliances and you KNOW that month out more than half = R.I.P. 2 months in that will be under 50 worth noting. By month 4 you'll have 30 or less and only the 10 or 15 will be of consequence.

What happen to Warlords? All of us on here know the Acts of War. You cant continuously "solicit and steal" top players form most of the other alliances on the server without putting a BIG bulls-eye on your Alliances backside. That was X number 1.

X number 2 was attacking without thought or regard to who is who and what is going on. Hit everyone and anyone eventually you'll end up with too many enemies and will find yourself fighting on all fronts. No matter how good no alliance can survive a war on all fronts Vs everyone.

X number 3 YOUR OUT! Poor Diplomacy. This is one of the things that requires good Leadership with experience on how crucial Diplomacy is for long term success. For the record on the Warlord alliance profile as they got bigger they got "hot doggier" and at one point near the end the profile had in it

well said Tiger!

DeletedUser3317

Oh, i did not know that.... However this is what is posted in this forum and what is posted on the Grepo homepage and listed at the reason why they shut down the last world. The rules are posted also on the Wiki page for Grepolis. Its that "w" in the upper right hand corner. That will take you to the rules. Here is what i found tiger:

Dear Players and Forum Goers,

There have been a lot of discussions and concerns voiced in the forum about when (and why) a world in Grepolis should close. This topic was discussed by InnoGames internally as well, and we have come to a conclusion.

The core factors that will determine if a world will continue to be open are: activity, and the number of players in the world. We performed a statistical analysis to determine at which point it no longer makes sense to host a world for our players. We also took into account that a stagnant and inactive world is boring for all players involved. The number which we decided on was a minimum of 300 active players. An active player in this case is a player who logs into his/her world-account at least once a month.

If the number of active players falls below 300, a countdown will be initiated which lasts one month. At the end of the countdown the world will close and the players may begin a new adventure on a different world. Please note that maintenance and update times may also become extremely long if we do not start to close the worlds at some point.

Our goals are to ensure that all worlds provide an active and entertaining environment, to close inactive worlds, and to optimize server performance. We sincerely hope that this solution is satisfactory for the community.

The Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

Top 12 sink or swim - what a joke

1 Infamous
2 Antimatter
3 Dire Wolves
4 Gods of Sparta
5 Dire Wolves II
6 Polar Vortex
7 Saints Matter
8 Solar Vortex
9 The Wheel
10 DarkMatter
11 serial killers
12 Macedonian Empire

Antimatter/Darkmatter/Saintsmatter is allied to Polar Vortex/Solar Vortex/Lunar Vortex (26) as well as to Gods of Sparta/-Gods of Sparta- (23)/*Gods of Sparta* (21).
Since the Matters and Dire wolves share the same enemy and aren't loosing cities to one another there's a big chance they are allied or have agreements as well. I know there are agreements between Gos and the Dire Wolves.

So in fact the number 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 together with a few lower ranked alliances are playing as one front.

So sink or swim all you like, but my vote goes to the number one. Congratulations Infamous, you deserve our respect.
The wheel (9), serial killers (11) and the Macedonian Empire (12) deserve to be mentioned in this list too.

And that's how you kill a world.

DeletedUser

So sink or swim all you like, but my vote goes to the number one. Congratulations Infamous, you deserve our respect.

So the fact that infamous are cuddling up to dire wolves and doing city swaps with them has totally escaped you :D

I count at least six "trades" in the last few days..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3317

uh what u talking about every world has made it to ww so far that i know of

As of right now about 35% of US worlds will finish the WW stage and have a winner declared. this is the posted message about why worlds are closed.

Dear Players and Forum Goers,

There have been a lot of discussions and concerns voiced in the forum about when (and why) a world in Grepolis should close. This topic was discussed by InnoGames internally as well, and we have come to a conclusion.

The core factors that will determine if a world will continue to be open are: activity, and the number of players in the world. We performed a statistical analysis to determine at which point it no longer makes sense to host a world for our players. We also took into account that a stagnant and inactive world is boring for all players involved. The number which we decided on was a minimum of 300 active players. An active player in this case is a player who logs into his/her world-account at least once a month.

If the number of active players falls below 300, a countdown will be initiated which lasts one month. At the end of the countdown the world will close and the players may begin a new adventure on a different world. Please note that maintenance and update times may also become extremely long if we do not start to close the worlds at some point.

Our goals are to ensure that all worlds provide an active and entertaining environment, to close inactive worlds, and to optimize server performance. We sincerely hope that this solution is satisfactory for the community.

The Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

Yay Gods of Sparta + Family and The Vortex group have decided to attack my alliances for no reason. woohoo

DeletedUser10246

Yay Gods of Sparta + Family and The Vortex group have decided to attack my alliances for no reason. woohoo

Wait wait wait, take a deep breath. Ok now you mean to tell me theres attacking in a war game? The nerve of some people! What you should do is, not play a war game?

DeletedUser3317

The game in general is starting to get this way. Top alliances basically work together to solidify there corners of the world. Teaming up and steam rolling over everyone. It use to be back in the day there were not so many NAPs and pacts. But this happens now since so many players now know each other from other worlds. This creates a problem though for players/alliances not in the top 10. It discourages new players and alliances.

You factor this in with the fact what time of year it is and spring about 4 months down the road, ghosting skyrockets. This is one of the reasons why they are creating faster worlds now. They realized and have posted that the slower worlds have a low success rate to reaching WW. But they also realize that faster worlds are more for people that live on there computer. The app helps players that work, have family, are active outside,etc etc. but this game is quickly for the person that lives on the computer. Which is good for innogames because that is where there money comes from ((the malware they put on your computer (unless you turn if off) to monitor the sites you visit while playing the game and the money you spend for gold). They monitor for marketing purposes as stipulated in your terms when you log on. But they are hoping the speed will help with getting more worlds to WW.

Another words, we are getting to a point where games are not making it to WW because of too many alliances buddying up, time of season, world speeds and the fact this game can get expensive if you play it too much. LOL, and not that i mentioned the malware people agree to have installed on there computer when they agreed to play this game will upset people because they dont like having there IP address and the sites they visit on there computer recorded and sold to companies. But those people should also realize that nothing in life is free. This game is free if you dont have your info recorded, dont spend time playing it (time is money) and dont spend money for basic features needed when you start getting more then 5 cities.

I mean seriously, who can run 50+ cities without the admin?

:)

DeletedUser3317

Wait wait wait, take a deep breath. Ok now you mean to tell me theres attacking in a war game? The nerve of some people! What you should do is, not play a war game?

Hello darth,

I played against you in I thing it was Ithica. I was in 13th legion. You are a very good players. Why did you leave that world? It is a mess now. It is looking like the world is in trouble. The whole world has ghosted. It looks nothing like when you left. 13th legion fell apart as did every top 10 alliances in that world. Anyway....

He is talking about how the top 10 alliances are not attacking each other. I think he understands it is a war game, its just stinks that they buddied up and are teaming up on the alliances that are not in the top 10.

I think that is what has him frustrated. I have to admit too, it is odd to see this. If you remember the last world we were in, the top 10 alliances were at each others throats for months. It was a BP dream. But boy was it stressfull with all the constant attacking and counter-attacking :-D

DeletedUser10246

He is talking about how the top 10 alliances are not attacking each other. I think he understands it is a war game, its just stinks that they buddied up and are teaming up on the alliances that are not in the top 10.

Eventually someone will **** off someone else and they will start. Or when its only the top alliances left sparta will be a very boring place.

DeletedUser3317

Eventually someone will **** off someone else and they will start. Or when its only the top alliances left sparta will be a very boring place.

Very true. Two alliances will be going for the same city or a player will jump to another alliance etc etc. Something will happen. But the problem is, when you have the big dogs fighting nice, they get use to it. Then when they have 10+ cities and start going to war with each other, the players dont know how to handle the stress and/or losing cities and just quit. Because they like the eating of cities and growing (simming). They dont like the work.... the hunt/killing/support needed to grow an alliance and eventually quit out of frustration.

DeletedUser

Well, heres the thing, now im no diplomat, but...

Are you pacted with Gods of Sparta or Vortex.. No..
Has there been any discussion prior to, lets say in since the server started about a pact? No?

So youre not pacted, nor has there been any chance of pact.

So what are you if you arent an ally?

If you arent an ally then you are a potential target.. and there my friend, is the reason.

Quite whining, man up, its a wargame. and moaning on externals wont sort it. your diplomat talking to gods and vortex diplomat will sort it. or not.