Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser11750

Every time I see someone from that sever mention it, they seem to believe it was absolutely the perfect place to play. It must have come with free "oral service" or something.

DeletedUser

Dimspace I dont know what to tell you. You were on the outside looking in while most of these discussions were going on. To say Gods were on our side is exactly what they wanted everyone (including us) to think. Lets be clear.. as I said before, Gods tried to betray AM in Upsilon.. and they were the ones that eventually broke the pact with AM and declared war. So to say that Gods only have good things to say about matter or that they were always on our side was a fallacy. That Gods leadership was portraying to the rest of the world while they schemed to eventually betray matters. I will give them credit because it was done on their terms and they held the edge from the start, but it was because the majority of matters wanted to believe in a faithful Gods alliance, and proceeded with diplomacy and actions relying on that fact.

You are wrong, like i say, ive no idea where you got this inferiority complex from.

Actually, probably the only member of Gods leadership that was anti-matter (boom boom), was me, after our first contact with matter in this world was Matter trying to rim my little 10 man alliance AG ;)

Gods didnt break anything merging with Vortex, they were already pacted and working together, that was no secret and merging was a natural progression. And as for Vortex having it in for matter, as said before, the vortex section of VG was actually the ones who seemed to back off from attacking matter in any way.

Mozz got his knickers in a knot about Vortex and Gods merging, and then promptly went into Vacation mode like the excellent leader that he is having started a war that neither Gods, nor by the sounds of it Matter particularly wanted or needed.

as i say, inferiority complex's.

DeletedUser6798

You just proved my point Dim.. you had your own little alliance that eventually merged into GOS.. you were not a part of the prior discussions and agreements before your arrival. That is the definition of outside looking in. So how can you call me wrong when im commenting on a situation in which you were not involved? Oh did they fill you in perhaps? Yea because that wouldnt be a one sided story.

I never said GOS broke anything by merging with Vortex.. we were still allied with them for a while. They then broke the pact.

It is also funny you talk about mozz heading to VM after starting a war.. mozz had his time away planned almost before the server started. Likewise, he didnt start anything. It was VG that broke the pact and declared war because after their massive merge they needed someone to hit.

If anything, players in Matter have too large of an ego.. calling it an inferiority complex downplays how good we know we are 8)

Every time I see someone from that sever mention it, they seem to believe it was absolutely the perfect place to play. It must have come with free "oral service" or something.

can't help it.. a large portion of players that started this server were from Upsilon. The world was won right as this opened, so players coming here from there is only logical. And yes, some definitely received an oral "service" but it may not be the same in which you are referring ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You just proved my point Dim.. you had your own little alliance that eventually merged into GOS.. you were not a part of the prior discussions and agreements before your arrival. That is the definition of outside looking in. So how can you call me wrong when im commenting on a situation in which you were not involved? Oh did they fill you in perhaps? Yea because that wouldnt be a one sided story.

I never said GOS broke anything by merging with Vortex.. we were still allied with them for a while. They then broke the pact.

It is also funny you talk about mozz heading to VM after starting a war.. mozz had his time away planned almost before the server started. Likewise, he didnt start anything. It was VG that broke the pact and declared war because after their massive merge they needed someone to hit.

If anything, players in Matter have too large of an ego.. calling it an inferiority complex downplays how good we know we are 8)

Vortex Gods broke the pact, sounds like you were not a part of the discussions and agreements ;)

I was outside looking in for about, ooh, ten days.

As for ego v inferiority complex? I was using it in the more British perception of the phrase, ie, that the whole world is against you (rather than the typical interpretation) similar to persecution complex, should have probably used that as it would have been grammatically correct as opposed to colloquially correct.

Its perfectly possible to think everyone is against you while having an Ego, in fact, often overestimations of ones own worth go hand in hand with thinking everyone is against you.

As for Gods started the war because they wanted something to hit, actually, most of us wanted to press west into 44 and start hitting others. And I recall first I knew pact was cancelled when we got the ingame message "Anti Matter has cancelled the pact with Vortex Gods"

As for how good you all are, limited knowledge to form an opinion, but what ive seen so far, solid if unspectactular, very heavy gold users, seriously one player took four walls from 0-25 in a matter of minutes, but not nearly as good as you think you are. Saints Matter were by far the best branch, those guys are good and caused us serious problems, past that, i think Kittens are probably the strongest group on the server just let down by their lack of size. Saints and Kittens could handle EN servers, Mozz's crew, wouldnt last long :p

Funny thing is, matter reckoned that GOS only had a handful of Good players, yet the battered Anti.. weird..

DeletedUser7985

FYI Oliver. You are wrong, seems to be your theme of late. DIM was part of leadership well before AM decided to push the Gods away as friends. AM is the one that dissolved the pact, seems as if that ego of AM's got them into trouble, since they no longer exist. AM also fired the first shots.

mm

DeletedUser6798

Lol I dont know who you are trying to fool with that story. But as I said before, you are the one that needs to save face here.. not me.

What do I have to gain from lying? This world doesnt matter to me.. Everyone knows VG declared on matters.. thats all over now.. to deny the fact just makes you look silly. I mean word got out you planned to break the pact over a week before you did..

And Dim.. you AGAIN proved my point.. you didnt know what was going on until you got a message stating something... I imagine that this in game message came from VG leadership? Yea, once again:

Oh did they fill you in perhaps? Yea because that wouldnt be a one sided story.

clb.. im really shocked you arent boasting about taking down the matters.. I figured you would be all about taking credit for making the moves that cause the alliance's demise.. but i guess if those moves werent ones of high morale character.. then :s

One last comment and we should really let this all go.. but lots of people call me wrong on the forums.. I used to pull stats to back my opinions, and they said I was manipulative. The amazing thing is what they admit behind the scenes..maybe when the war is over, or we are on the same team.. or maybe not until the world is over. Thats what makes me
smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif
over it all. So say what you want.. you obviously have your reasons.. but go ask ximikos or foos.. you can say it until you are blue in the face, it doesnt change what everone already knows.

DeletedUser

And Dim.. you AGAIN proved my point.. you didnt know what was going on until you got a message stating something... I imagine that this in game message came from VG leadership? Yea, once again:

No, in game message as in as alliance founder you get a message saying "Alliance x has cancelled the pact with alliance y" - if i could be bothered i could even go back in skype and find the message where i posted "matter have just cancelled pact with us"

Matter cancelled the pact with certainly mine and clb's branch and as far as i know the other branches too as most of us got the ingame message on the same morning.

And Matter also attacked first, most of us just sat around waiting to see if Mozz was serious or not.

Mozz got his knickers in a knot, matter cancelled the pacts ingame, and matter turned us red BEFORE we turned them red (we didnt turn you red till you guys attacked)

And no, i dont get ingame messages from leadership, if they need to tell me something they tell me in council numpty nuts. Maybe you should put your clothes back on and start going to school. home schooling clearly not working out for ya. ;)

DeletedUser

lol wow... lots of anger on here. lets get back on topic with my first ever top list :p

I am only doing the ones that look interesting to me, someone needs to do a real list soon

Infamous/Almost Famous- havent had much contact with these guys, but they have been at the top for a pretty long time, I see them staying there for a while longer SWIM

The Wheel/Third Wheel- Surprised this alliance survived this long, they have made a nice comeback, but I dont like their placement, stuck between Infamous and GoS FLOAT

Stone Cold God Killers of the Vortex, etc.- Not sure what to say about these guys. Had some strategic merging a while back, but I think as time goes by they will split up more and more, and though they have good players, they are right in the middle of the map, and have made many enemies. I think if they can keep together they have a good shot, but I dont envy their leadership MEH

Saints-Some good players, but they seem too scattered, not cored well enough to survive to the end. SINK

Dynasty Empire- My alliance 8)

Dont know enough about HoS or Doom, and havent really followed the Vortex/GoS drama all that closely, I'm sure I missed some stuff... Curious to hear what people think, and would like to see someone else's top list

DeletedUser11556

buma76. Nice post man. Cant disagree except your assessment of The Wheels, my own alliance. All lot of people have dismissed us. We improve every day. SWIM.

You didnt mention GoS. A definite float.

DeletedUser

buma76. Nice post man. Cant disagree except your assessment of The Wheels, my own alliance. All lot of people have dismissed us. We improve every day. SWIM.

You didnt mention GoS. A definite float.

I agree about the Wheel. At the beginning of the world I thought for sure ya'll were going to sink, and you almost did, but somehow ya'll came back and are at #2 with a sister alliance around #5.

As far as GoS, they're going to sink. They'll float a little bit longer but they won't be around when WW comes.

DeletedUser6798

Maybe you should put your clothes back on and start going to school. home schooling clearly not working out for ya. ;)

Not enough schooling is clearly not my problem... and everyone already knows I only play grepo in the nude.

And nice sink/swim buma. Hopefully the name changes stop long enough were you can make another one and we will still know who is who. :D

DeletedUser

I agree about the Wheel. At the beginning of the world I thought for sure ya'll were going to sink, and you almost did, but somehow ya'll came back and are at #2 with a sister alliance around #5.

I think everyone saw ZP go to the wheel and just assumed the entire alliance would crash, burn and quit the server like he usually does.

Kudos to Doom as well. Kittens got left to live far to long in 54 before being booted out, and then when they were on the run people didnt learn from their mistakes and didnt finish them off and as a result theyve regrouped. Ya'll can blame DW for that one.

Infamous/wheel biggest problem in the south west will be lack of enemies, and nothing for them to do for 3-4 months till wonders. Their main job will be trying to keep people interested and active.

DeletedUser11556

No enemies??? There are plenty of targets if you dont sit still. And all in the right direction..... under temp ownership! :D. I dont think well be simming at ay time... take that as guaranteed!

DeletedUser12236

I think everyone should get together and write a book outlining the political and social differences surrounding the complexities of the Matter/GoS/Teg/Vortex/Genesis/Exodus/Liviticus/ relationships, and its socioeconomic impact on the gold spending and subsequent problems arising from home life, i.e. who was evicted because he built too many lightships etc...

Also, another good topic is why after its been clearly laid out that wheel and infamous are firmly allied, why are people who are insignificant (in alliance and in capabilities) keep rating alliances, (Looking at you buma676)
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

DeletedUser

Also, another good topic is why after its been clearly laid out that wheel and infamous are firmly allied, why are people who are insignificant (in alliance and in capabilities) keep rating alliances, (Looking at you buma676)
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif
or we could stay on this topic, that would be cool too :p

Never said I knew much about what was going on, I just put my opinions out there, and really just wanted to see what other people thought, since noone ever actually posts a top 12 in this thread... and I do know about that relationship actually, but there can only be one winner of this world, and if/when that relationship goes sour, you are stuck between arguably the two strongest alliances. That relationship is the reason you got a Float instead of a Sink

If you dont agree with mine, by all means post your own, I'm curious to see what your views are

DeletedUser11583

I should really have played on Upsilon. Sounds like many solid friendships were built there lol.

DeletedUser12236

Dynasty Empire is the biggest (and growing threat) to ghosts across the server, with visions a close second, followed by saints. I would guess that as long as they pull support before the cs lands, they can continue to take ghosts with out losing a city in the exchange. The only way to halt this agressive (and secretive) takeover of sparta, is to support all ghosts against aggression. Is that Agreeable to most?

DeletedUser

New Top 12 now that everything has settled down with the dispersal of DW and Matter?