Top 12 Sink or Swim

A good point was made by TSF about FU annoying. Compton if you wanted to keep to your area S66 75 76 etc. Why move east without establishing good fighters there. Anarchy your right was a tasty treat but you had too realize any movement up thru 56 N66 65 would catch the 2 best fighting alliances on the server MV and TGS. I know you had Game Error, Richi, zeta and Vero but to cover that ground you need more then just 4 fighters.

Now that Game is gone you guys are simming and defending now I realize your other fronts are doing well but def bit off more than you can chew. Richi is a hell of player and any time he csed it was almost all him or vero . You guys need to work more as a team.

Also Reddmon screwed you guys diplomatically, I wish I had the terms he gave our brother alliance. Almost fell out of my chair.

I have a group of players that have been together from previous servers and besides myself I play bc of those guys and gals def made friends. But my goal is the crown and too win.

SIDE NOTE GREPO NEEDS A BETTER END GAME SCENERIO (WONDERS ARE VERY VERY BORING) MAYBE MORE OF A WAR TYPE SCENERIO FOR THE END..

DeletedUser4951

What's funny is this was really similar to my plan just without the fighting TGS part. Yeah Richi and Vero were/are a joy to work with. For awhile in Troy Vero was holding a front down with just two other players was insane to watch.

Reddemon i'm actually not annoyed with. To be honest, if anyone had a right to bail without investing much time into things, it was people I didn't know and fought against no loyalty owed there. Its funny that I made friends with a lot of the RC players since then. Red might be over the edge crazy but he does play with a passion. I was more annoyed that a guy who constantly kept trying to get me to take gift accounts in Omicron and put me on his leadership team when I did join in finally was the first to jump off the ship and claim they wanted to attack us. Think they also made a pact with AC and broke it when it was fitting for them. Kinda reminds me of Oceans Veterans on EN servers.

Actually I have an idea for WW. Keep it, but when the era comes the unit speed skyrockets so WW can be touched.

DeletedUser12313

Dan, you always did have theories on everything. Many of which were in line and reasonable. It was the weekly change of theory that had our heads spinning. Just because you didn't hear us doesn't mean we weren't trying to make it clear that we had issues. That's on you. Past that, anyone on the outside can look at a snapshot of the map and judge like they know what is going on and why. But you don't. You quit like you always do.

Al, I do agree with you. As I said earlier, many of us are wary of spreading too far, too fast. We have been quick to jump into new oceans before finishing other plans. Those decisions were not my own to be made but we are holding our own, I think. As far as the other fronts go, it only seems like a decent tactical decision. If we want to own 76 and 66, then we will and we do. The Greeks would've pushed deeper into 76 if we hadn't focused on that front so I stand by that choice.

DeletedUser4951

Literally nobody spoke up directly or approached me in private. Things changed because the server changed as you found out. In case you didn't notice we had AC backstab us, Grim get involved, Grim decide to merge, and multiple areas to address. Even reached out to Zeta about a week before hand and asked if things were okay and she said they were. Bro wanted to create core islands and I said lets do it and asked his opinion on where they should go. Think one island got pointed out and before anything could be done he lost it and bailed.

Now I will admit, the system wasn't set up as well as it should have been. That's on me for sure. However jumping off a cliff over it was excessive. Especially when the person you ended up knifing stuck by many a bad decision or lack of action just months prior even when I felt like I was brought in just to be a pretty face at times. Didn't run off to the other side over it.

DeletedUser12294

Indeed, many of us are sensitive to spreading thin and having a different front every week. That is what caused our failure in the previous world we were in. We came here for a fresh start and to prevent those issues. Once we saw that our leaders here couldn't help but jump into 5 different oceans in the first month, we had to do what was best. We definitely considered all the options and the crown is not the primary motivation. It was th fact that we wanted to fight together. Not oceans apart like in Omicron. That is very inefficient.

Many of our fighters have their own source of food near their bulk of cities. Easy targets in 75 just waiting to be picked. Hard to want to move. I'm sure many others feel the same way. Why uproot and move fronts when we have easy targets. Seems like a decent decision to me. Although I'm sure we will run out eventually. Also trying to overcome the issues that all tim alliances have by strengthening our core. Unbelievable how fast this world is cruising by so I'm assuming time is of the essence.
Well, seems someone has to represent TGT here. All FU has been doing is picking off our inactives and whats left of Righteous Vengence in 75/76, not really much to be proud of. Granted they have a few good fighters like Compton for sure, but they hardly do anything. I have every city in 75/76 tripped and I get maybe 2 reports a day maybe from FU attacks, kinda sad really. I cant even remember the last time they got more than 3 people together to support a siege

DeletedUser12313

I agree, jaelys, we have been targeting the weaknesses for sure. I guess it is the easiest way to get a foothold. Pick off the easy cities. Gain island control. Then go for the more active experienced players. At least that's how I do it. We have definitely been pretty quiet up there lately. Apologies for the boredom. Haha. As far as support goes... If nobody fights for the cities, no need to have a dozen people support. I figure the average 4-6k biremes and 2k fts will hold just fine. let the others help somewhere else. :)

DeletedUser12294

Cant really argue with a word of that. Oh and no apology necessary, we've been busy taking control of 85 from your feline friends :D

DeletedUser

It is true, Jae. You will see that from most experienced players. You just can't fight a battle against a populated and dense alliance without a proper foothold. Those footholds include getting onto enemy core islands, snuggling up closer and closer to enemy lines, and stacking enough support into an inactive who won't post a CQ-report and seeing if the enemy will take the bait and kill off their offense. Just proper warefare, lol. (Also, I am VERY guilty of that inactive thing :p)
But back to the topic at hand. It's almost the end of April, and apparently there are five months until WWs start, and there are very new changes to the world of Pella.
Top 12 Sink or Swim
1. Mors Venit-Has been, and probably will be number one for a long time. New leadership, new players, new diplomacy. Players leaving for good has been a huge issue for this alliance-maybe the new leadership will be able to prevent that. Swimmin'
For WWs, they will definitely be getting three WWs right off the bat, but I do not believe they will win WWs, due to how many alliances they have ticked off, and how many alliances will prevent them from winning this world.
2. Fighting Unicorns/Too-Very unfortunate the number 1 player and fighter left the world, but these guys are still strong. Big internal strife, but they are still coming back and taking out their alliance jumpers mercilessly. Their problem will be cleaning their core(s) in time for WWs. . Swimmin'
As for WWs, they will need to focus on at least one or two, since their core is not as nicely consolidated as MVs
3. TGS and company-TGS has been strong against FU, even acting as a catalyst for GameError's leaving. But now, MV is on their tail, which will be one hellofa fight. With their southern front with FU and now eastern front again with MV, they will have a tough time working for WWs. Might be up to TGT to work on them. And speaking of TGT, inactives and players constantly leaving just absolutely blows. I'm biased for TGT, but I hope they can pull through. Swim.
4. Deus Mortis-goons of MV, former pandas, former FU jumpers. Personally hope FU takes them out while TGS works on MV.
Sink
WWs, MV will only take a select few for WWs
5. Celtic Clan-Utmost respect for their leadership and players. They have been rocking Deus Vult's world! DV has lost a lot of players since Celtics came into the mix. Coincidence because they all had RL issues? Or did big bad Celtics ruin their egos? Swimmin
WWs-They will definitely be contending the most with MV. But I am very unsure about how they will set up their core for WWs.
6. Horsemen-TBH, I don't know much about them, except they are in a massive pact with Last and Black Knights. Possible Celtic strategy of having 3 alliances? If so, they will do well for WWs. Swim
7. Deus Vult-Still respect some players, but these guys have just gone down-hill. I don't have the time or interest to pay attention to their conquers, but DV is only taking cities from inactive BTE members. Don't know how much longer they will last, unless their coalition partners(MV) will actually help them out.
Sink that ship baby.
WWs-LOL, back to my original statement of MV does not give two stones about DV. Coalition for now, indifference during WWs.
8. Black/Last Knights-refer to horsemen
9. Jokers-Don't know enough. Sink
10. Stormbringer Coalition-Don't know enough. Sink
11. Checkmate AKA-They have 5 players that seem to be doing something. Seems like their only purpose is to hinder the Celts. They will not win a WW. Swim, but only gain lots of BP
12. The alliance with many names-AKA mine-So much bias going into this one. But mine is the remaining alliance actually doing something in this world. Fellow partners helping TGT.
WWs Status, we will definitely not win on our own. (Sorry 12 doesn't count, kinda just got bored :p)

Mine was a little half-baked, so I would love to see another post

DeletedUser12313

Seems like a pretty accurate top 12. Some great powerhouse alliances but it seems like we all have our own hurdles to get over.

DeletedUser

NJ Gorsh, I also agree with most of your top 12 post...except for, "5. Celtic Clan-Utmost respect for their leadership and players. They have been rocking Deus Vult's world! DV has lost a lot of players since Celtics came into the mix. Coincidence because they all had RL issues? Or did big bad Celtics ruin their egos?"

Conquers show us last 90 days:
DV vs CK 23-9
DV vs CW 24-3
Totals: 47 cities taken by DV......Celtics took a measly 9...
***The last date CK and team took "one" city from DV was on April 10th...I don't think they are "rocking" :)

DeletedUser

NJ Gorsh, I also agree with most of your top 12 post...except for, "5. Celtic Clan-Utmost respect for their leadership and players. They have been rocking Deus Vult's world! DV has lost a lot of players since Celtics came into the mix. Coincidence because they all had RL issues? Or did big bad Celtics ruin their egos?"

Conquers show us last 90 days:
DV vs CK 23-9
DV vs CW 24-3
Totals: 47 cities taken by DV......Celtics took a measly 9...
***The last date CK and team took "one" city from DV was on April 10th...I don't think they are "rocking" :)

DV really isn't a alliance so that doesn't count

DeletedUser12294

whats kinda funny is that if the celtkillers merged with the celts theyd probably have a pretty decent chance of winning and a very, very nice core... not to give anyone ideas

Well yes Jaelys but CK are another arm of of MV, though my opinion is they would do just fine without being allied with them. Talented small group, would have been interesting if they started here sooner.

Probably would have been a force on the rim or more.

DeletedUser

So you're saying Al...that Celtics bowed down to MV and are now working together? Nap? Pact?

DeletedUser8461

whats kinda funny is that if the celtkillers merged with the celts theyd probably have a pretty decent chance of winning and a very, very nice core... not to give anyone ideas

Hell stands a better chance of freezing over.

Well yes Jaelys but CK are another arm of of MV

This is also completely off base.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies Imalrist but heard and received info to the contrary. You guys if came earlier would be an alliance to watch maybe one of the Rim Alliances that actually takes advantage of all the fighting in the center.

DeletedUser8461

Apologies Imalrist but heard and received info to the contrary. You guys if came earlier would be an alliance to watch maybe one of the Rim Alliances that actually takes advantage of all the fighting in the center.

We came to this world as a break from our previous world, which was hyper-competitive. It's a shame the Celts really don't give any challenge in return since we are really only interested in fighting and nothing to do with end-game.

DeletedUser1943

We came to this world as a break from our previous world, which was hyper-competitive. It's a shame the Celts really don't give any challenge in return since we are really only interested in fighting and nothing to do with end-game.

Don't forget to mention that we won that hyper-competitive world
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

DeletedUser1943

Gotta love when someone beats their chest about taking inactives.. Take active players cities and I will give you credit or maybe not, i have alot of trouble giving props to an alliance filled with bot users.. So enjoy our sloppy seconds and all your empty accomplishments.

I know this is old, but I had not checked in a while and I find it difficult not to respond.

1.) I love how you are the #1 player in points yet only have 100k more BP than me and shrinking. You are a glorified simmer.
2.) While it is true we have taken some cities from your inactive players (we wiped some players out before you guys even jumped on their inactivity) we have taken many active cities as well. For instance, right now, I am taking a city from one of your active players. We have had no trouble taking cities from who we have wanted to. You guys have put together several OPs on us and failed to take a single city from us. Sounds like you are the one beating your chest full of empty accomplishments.
3.) Another player threatening that we are bot users. I will take that as a compliment. Apparently you think we are so good that we can't possibly be human. Thank you
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif
. Never used a bot, never will.

Now go back to your simming and internal takeovers. It is all you guys do.