Top 12~Sink or Swim?

DeletedUser6798

aww i remember them.. maybe trying to fix the debacle from sigma

DeletedUser

They did very well. If only their founder would've not disbanned them...

DeletedUser

I think Infection will be a very good alliance
smiley_emoticons_nicken.gif

But... i'm the first guy on their hit list hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All alliances once fall until the world ends. Then they group together and call themselves "[World Name] forever" or something like that. Never seen an alliances that made it to the end from the start. And the ones that are here now are not that good.

This is wrong, although it is most common, it isn't right every single time. Plenty examples to be given.

DeletedUser

All right, 99,9% of the time.
Anyway, lets get on-topic again. I don't have the time to make a top 12 now, but will post one today.

DeletedUser7813

1 Dark Elite 88203 60 1470 Swim
Aside from a few cities they have good positioning. Their average score is fair. No word yet on what their leadership is like, or if they are a premade or not. History tends to find #1 alliances with maxed out member capacity in an unfavorable light.

2 The Nightmare 86631 60 1444 Float
Word is they're unorganized. Average score is fair. The map shows them spread out greatly across O44, and their membership is at capacity.

3 Hell Hounds 77955 53 1471 Float
They share an ocean with Nightmare and look to be just as sparsely spread out. Average score is fair, and on par with Nightmare. Flip a coin on which one of these alliances pulls ahead in that ocean.

4 Vae Victis 77299 52 1487 Sink
They have cities in all 4 oceans, but are predominantly in O54. Their average score is fair. Word is they're heavy on leadership. Possibly due to being a group of players that already know each other, and therefore trust each other with leadership. They're in a tough spot on the map, though.

5 White Tiger Emporium 75426 59 1278 Float
I keep hearing "We're not an MRA", but if this goose quacks like a duck I'm going to call it a duck. They're spread all over the map. Their average score is low, and their membership is near capacity.

6 Mercenaries 66002 55 1200 Sink
The first obvious MRA. They span the entirety of O55, and this ocean contains pockets of tightly packed competition. I do not forsee this alliance being here three weeks from now.

7 Soulcatchers 62149 37 1680 Swim
Cannot make judgements, so will only state facts. High average score and low member count. A premade from Psi and Corinth. Shares an ocean with Infection and Vae Victus.

8 Archers Of Corruption 58946 50 1179 Float
With the exception of a few cities, they're tightly compacted in an area far enough from the core to allow themselves time to grow. They could especially prosper if they pick off some Mercenaries. But let's be real... their average score is low. If I was a betting man, I'd say this is an impromptu alliance. Reminds me of another alliance on Psi that popped up in the same general area. They floated until the big dogs turned their attention on them.

9 Crimson Tide 58130 47 1237 Sink
They seem to occupy the same general area as White Tiger Emporium. Average score is low, and comparable to WTE. I'm willing to bet that WTE has more experienced members. If they're the kind that stick around, I give them the upper hand against Crimson. Otherwise, it's a coin flip.

10 The Persian Empire 55570 47 1182 Sink
Equivalent of Nightmare and Hellhounds, but with a lower score. They'll probably get swallowed up first among the three.

11 THE CONFEDERATE STATES 46664 47 993 Sink
Another bad MRA. Liken them to Mercenaries. Maybe they'll pact?

12 Serpentine 44155 44 1004 Sink
The MRA of O54. They seem to have just popped up in the last 24 hours, I believe. Basically comprise of players not strong enough to get into Infection or Soulcatchers, or too far away. Toast.

DeletedUser6486

1 Dark Elite 127204 59 2156 Sink:
MRA, they have nearly a full alliance and for their size, terrible abp

2 Hell Hounds 125471 60 2091 Sink:

MRA also, they're full and seem to just be simming although they have a better abp rank than DE

3 The Nightmare 111959 55 2036 Float:
Slightly better than HH because of abp and will probably beat them out for o44 but then fall to a smaller alliance

4 Vae Victis 110130 54 2039 Sink:
Very spread out with an okay average and awful abp for their size

5 Mercenaries 105813 58 1824 Sink:
Most obvious MRA and they are spread out across all of O55 and have no real core, however their abp is mediocre

6 White Tiger Emporium 104229 60 1737 Sink:
low average and they said they aren't an MRA, so they're an MRA

7 Soulcatchers 97119 39 2490 Swim
Best or 2nd best alliace on this server, leading all the important categories

8 Crimson Warriors 95222 53 1797 Float/Sink
I don't know much about them

9 Archers Of Corruption 89732 57 1574 Float
Have an all right core, but will on;y last until someone notices them

10 -Vendetta- 82925 46 1803 Sink
If they're anything like Knossos SINK

11 Dark Legion 77326 58 1333
Low average and terrible abp

12 THE CONFEDERATE STATES 73189 56 1307
Another MRA

Notable Alliances outside the top 12

23 Infection 52931 15 3529
One of the top alliances on this server with a fantastic average and great abp

49 Merciless Companions 22750 11 2068
Small, but they got some quality players, could see a little more abp though

50 The Dirty Dozen 20564 10 2056
Similar as MC, but they got much better abp

52 Forsaken Oblivion 19671 13 1513
My alliance, small with a lower average, but not bad abp for their size though

DeletedUser

I find it fascinating that all your judgments are based on aggregate ABP, as though throwing troops around for no apparent reason except to (hopefully) collect BP is a mark that your alliance knows what they're doing...

DeletedUser

Because throwing troops around and collecting BP does nothing in this game. It doesn't even give you new city slots or cripple your enemy's ability to take cities. Nope, that doesn't happen at all :s

DeletedUser7813

Because throwing troops around and collecting BP does nothing in this game. It doesn't even give you new city slots or cripple your enemy's ability to take cities. Nope, that doesn't happen at all :s

LOL win :)

DeletedUser

I guarantee, of all the DBP I've collected so far on this server, it hasn't given any attacker new city slots. One attack resulted in ZERO BP (I got over 100) for the attacker, another resulted in a total of about 30, where the attacker handed me 65.

My attacks are similarly efficient. Last attack I launched, defender got 41, I got 383. That's winning. That (apologies to Charlie Sheen) is Tiger blood.

DeletedUser

everyone says mercenaries are going to sink but mercenaries are the only ones who keep attacking me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ....none the less this was a good read. i really enjoyed reading everyones oppinion

DeletedUser

i should make my own alliance and see if it makes the list i will call it "the michelle alliance" (my name is michelle if you havent figured that out already).................and oui i know xgoomyx is a horrendous ugly name off the record.................i made the name up when i was 6 or 7???? started gaming online when i was 12??? im in my late 20s now so the name just kinda stuck.... ok way off topic...

keep up the good work alliances! and keep this thread going! my favorite one in the whole forum by far....

DeletedUser

Well if you collect BP you will gain city slots so not that sure what you mean. I have seen how throwing troops around to collect BP can be a disruptive tactic but I also concede that often the ABP you get is far less than the DBP you give to your enemy.