Top 12 - Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'US 80 - Taras' started by Rip Hunter, Jun 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM.

1. Rip Hunter

Rip Hunter Philosopher

Looking forward for all your Top 12's once BP is ending :D

2. iAmK1NG

iAmK1NG Citizen

Hey can we get some Top 12 predictions before Bp ends. I like reading peoples's initial thoughts based on just rosters and location before the battling begins and then seeing how accurate they are after the fighting starts...just like with sport commentators/analysts.

3. SlayerBaam

SlayerBaam Newcomer

lol i thought the point of the grepo fantasy draft was to prevent hugging? seems that didnt last long

Lord Corny likes this.
  4. iAmK1NG

iAmK1NG Citizen

Who's hugging? BP hasn't even ended for there to be hugging.

5. SlayerBaam

SlayerBaam Newcomer

last i heard about the grepo draft alliances you werent supposed to have any brother and sister alliances naps or pacts but yet memento already has a brother alliance posted on their page:rolleyes:

6. iAmK1NG

iAmK1NG Citizen

I'd have to find the original proposal but yes 2 of the draft alliances and most likely soon a third have established sister alliances. The last team may end up doing the same when they drop but we shall see. MM is the only team so far with a full sister, the others are much, much smaller atm but we will see how everything turns out after BP ends.

7. SlayerBaam

SlayerBaam Newcomer

By now most of you have gotten messages about the idea in game, heard it on here, or in the mods case saw it in the tickets (sorry if you felt flooded).

We urge Inno to open a high speed conquest so that we can bring the league to it for what hopefully would be the first of many worlds. Our world are in desperate need of competition and activity. We are promoting that by spreading the top players among several alliances and stopping hugging. There will be no pacts, or brother, sister, cousin alliances. Basically...fight hard or die trying.

Now perhaps you don't know just how many others in our community support the idea like you do. Below is the list of people who signed up for the idea. If you don't see your name on the list, and you support the Grepolis Fantasy Draft League, feel free to comment so I can add it in.

this is what i last read in forums about the draft but it doesnt matter let the hugging commence :D

8. TheFightingMuktuk

TheFightingMuktuk Messenger

Slayer. If you had followed the draft and the process in discord prior to the world opening you would know what happened.

There was more people in the available pool than spaces on 4 teams. So players were going to get left out. Each team was going to have some overflow and require them to take in more than 40 if all players were drafted.

Unfortunately One of the four founders pulled out of the draft halfway between selecting players. So the draft wasn’t finished. Leaving a lot of players without teams and the remaining teams with far too many players to be selected. It was unfortunate but things happen. That’s life. It’s a little unfair to tell every new player or somebody less known that wants to get better at the game that they have no place in a team.

A true draft concept would be nice. As we found out we can’t force people to play with others or commit time and resources to teammates the don’t know or don’t like. Whatever the reason. It didn’t work out this time. It may never work out. Who knows

9. Master Yaya

Master Yaya Newcomer

10. XxCharlie1998xX

XxCharlie1998xX Newcomer

1. Melting Snowflakes - O54 Based alliance, has a strong group of players in its upper tier. Any alliance with Capable in it is probably going to do well early on. Looks like a lot of deadweight in the alliance though, meaning the top players are going to be dragged down carrying the weight of the worse (You are only as good as your weakest link in this game). They have no immediate worries as far as wars go unless Memento go head to head with them off of BP. For now, they will swim due to their MRA status (They have already opened a second alliance). In the future, once another group gains position, it may change. SWIM

2. Kiss My Arsenal - Fun fact, if this was EN, I would probably be banned for typing this name out. O45 Based alliance, they are in no imminent danger. Again, another MRA who has a second alliance before BP even drops, it looks like they will play for numbers to stay upright. Out of the top few alliances, I would say they have the most action, even though "the most" still really is not a lot. VOC looks like the biggest threat currently in terms of shared location, with a few other alliances sprinkled on their islands. Time will tell who tries moving into 45 or if the ocean is just left. Float

3. Memento Mori - O55 Based, I think? Most spread out of the alliances so far. This will be the current biggest alliance to fall apart the fastest. AGAIN already has a sister alliance, and is the current biggest MRA of the world. I will give it maybe 2 weeks out of BP before they fall apart, only again due to the large player count inside. Sink.

4. Dogs of War - This group is based in O44 maybe? Spread out in all 4 oceans, not too sure what to expect from them. Nothing jumps out at me as impressive about them. This alliance will likely fall apart right out of the gate. Sink.

5. Memento - Mori - See #3, this is just an MRA sister alliance.

6. Hicks With Sticks - I had to actually do a double check on this one. It looks like their recruitment strategy was "Maximum 1 player per island". They are spread out between every ocean, and don't have any form of a core built. It looks like recruitment was just left on Open and people flocked in to get the quest complete. This is a Sink.

7. -VOC- - O45 Based, and with one of the tightest "cores" in terms of islands. They are a clear premade who dropped at the same time to secure a few islands for themselves. Not a bad middle of the pack kind of group, so I would say they probably float around for a while. If they take on the #2 alliance then we will see who comes out on top for that ocean. Probably the most interesting early war to watch from my perspective. Float

8. Legendary Heroes - Can I pass on this one? No leaders, no structure, no core, alliance left on Join since day 1. I am amazed anyone above 2k points is still in this alliance truthfully. My guess is this looks like the US version of a gold trading alliance. Sink.

9. Canadian Alliance - Again, I don't know where they are based. I think O45? I like the small feel of this alliance (Only 13), so I will quietly root for them. However they have no real grouping that would make me feel good about them right out of BP. I would like to see them consolidate and try to make a run in O45 to make it a 3 way fight, but I see this alliance as one who will end up merging with either VOC or KMA after they lose a few cities/players. Sink.

10. Crocodile Tears - See #1. This is another sister alliance.

11. Quest Alliance - Their name says it all. Nothing to really see here, gold traders or new players with no alliance. Sink.

12. Abusement Park - They will live by their name. They will be abused then disbanded. No positioning and surrounded by people they cant fight. Sink to round it off.

C
    JFL

WingedHussar, datepalm, Aeo22 and 3 others like this.
  11. Rip Hunter

Rip Hunter Philosopher

Alright, I usually prefer reading Top 12 but as I opened the Thread, I'll do my best to put up a decent one now.

TOP 12 (Pre BP-end)

1. Melting Snowflakes: Until now they have the heaviest Gold Users on the server and a strong team. One of the Fantasy Draft Teams, already closing up a core at the northside of world's center. SWIM

2. Kiss my Arsenal: The Team I'm with, Already looking decent on core island(s) in the o45 corner, growth isn't quiet as fast as Melting Snowflakes. Looks like a solid team with good potential. Also on of the Fantasy Draft Teams SWIM

3. Memento Mori: Looks like they already got a completely filled up sister alliance, which gives them a lot of substance to work with but also a lot of people on a yet rather small room, so coring up farther should be a really fast and easy thing to do if they don't argue about who takes what city. Also a Draft Team with good Leadership though, so I don't think that they'll have a problem at this early stage. SWIM

4. Dogs of War: Their actual core seems to be a rock in 44, are spread out a bit beside of that and will have to deal with Melting Snowflakes in the beginning for sure, doesn't look like a bright future for them. They have to make up a good strategy to get around MS, maybe they can do that in time. I'll be nice and let them FLOAT (for now)

5. Memento-Mori: See 3

6. Hicks with Sticks: The name sounds fun, but they are spread all over the place, didn't find a core. SINK

7. -VOC-: The foreign team, coming all the way from the lovely Netherlands, seem to be an active bunch and working on a. good core in 45, will face probably have to face Kiss My Arsenal soon, we'll have to see how that pans out. FLOAT

8. Legendary Heroes: MRA that even failed to recruit many players, half of those are inactive already, easy SINK.

9. Candian Heroes: In 45, basically in between of KMA and VOC won't have it easy, maybe they'll make their way out to easier waters in time, same chances as DoW against MS. FLOAT

10. Crocodile Tears: See 1

11. Quest Alliance: Name says it all, could name themselves Free Food as well... SINK

12. Abusement Park: Funny name, far spread, mainly in 44 with MS waiting, maybe they'll team up with DoW, they'll have to work fast and get something they can call a core though, FLOAT then SINK

Alright then, let's hear your comments on the first Top 12 for Taras, a day before BP ended
    edit, Charlie beat me to it, it's the second now...

12. Al the Conqueror

Al the Conqueror Taxiarch

Wait a week and i will give a Top 12, RIP well done some things can happen either way but when doing these things be un biased... Fun Fact almost all my team is in 55 or border 45 55 so not sure about the first TOP 12 done LOL.
    Any way good luck to all and Happy Hunting

Rip Hunter likes this.
  13. Paul119

Paul119 Newcomer

- VOC - COLONIZE
    Only here for a few days and already everyone is orange

WingedHussar likes this.
  14. SlayerBaam

SlayerBaam Newcomer

i decided not to try to hard to get in on it cause i figure something like the hugging would end up happening anyway. players dont change and dont want change but they sure complain about it on forums and do the same thing every world still. The draft wasnt supposed to be fair it was to make 4 teams of good and active fighters. Is the football draft always fair? nah if u dont make the cut for a team u dont make the cut. if they didnt like the team they were on they shouldnt sign up for a draft. :rolleyes:

15. WingedHussar

WingedHussar Newcomer

Hi, one of the dutchies speaking.
    Heared you guys have some juicy S P I C E over here so we came over.
    The world has amazing settings and most of our guys play on nl67 right now which is basicly played out.
    When we saw no morale on this world we immediately agreed we should start here.

Can´t wait to play!

SgtSeeker, Furst and Rip Hunter like this.