Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser9285

At least there is a little fight/controversy on these forums. I don't have much to contribute other than to those who say this is the "worst server ever" or "least competitive server" to those I say join somewhere (preferably North East O45) and make it "competitive" otherwise troll a different server.

For my own part, I will admit the Hammered/Wookie coalition is bordering on disgustingly big and I disapprove of MRA's as much as the next guy. But to say the top of us can't fight is just plain silly and Mr. Irontoast and his 175th ABP ranking can make his way out of the rim and into the thick of things before declaring every alliance on the server a sink.

DeletedUser15357

At least there is a little fight/controversy on these forums. I don't have much to contribute other than to those who say this is the "worst server ever" or "least competitive server" to those I say join somewhere (preferably North East O45) and make it "competitive" otherwise troll a different server.

For my own part, I will admit the Hammered/Wookie coalition is bordering on disgustingly big and I disapprove of MRA's as much as the next guy. But to say the top of us can't fight is just plain silly and Mr. Irontoast and his 175th ABP ranking can make his way out of the rim and into the thick of things before declaring every alliance on the server a sink.

I'm in that part of the ocean lol

Count Davryll

Messenger
1.Hammered Wookies. - SWIM
Sporting its new name, the spark has left the alliance. Its about to lose its top spot. They need to get that urge back and get more players involved in attacking. Renewal of inactive players may instil a new surge after the Easter Event, but we shall see. The alliance on the whole is still strong, but lacks the focus that it had to take cities. Still the clear leader in ABP compared to the rest, but they still need to mop up their islands and begin to secure o55.

2.Hammered.. Wookies.. - SWIM
If anyone was in any doubt, 'Fear the Wookies' has also renamed and become a strong sister alliance to the old alliance Hammerdown. Their focus is strong and will lead them to take the number one spot, unless Hammered Wookies regains their focus. Taking a phenomenal 50+ cities this last week alone and I suspect this is just the start, this will pay dividends in the future. Some really great players in this alliance, well organised.

3.The Brew Crew - SINK (Float if merges)
The Brew Crew are winning BP. Mostly defensive BP! I'll be surprised if The Brew Crew doesn't reorganise and merge with others, if it fails to do so, its only a matter of time before it falters. The question is will the HWs concentrate on the Ancients or TBC? I suspect they may be given a small reprieve, until Hammered Wookies begins tighter Ops. If it doesn't reorganise after the Easter Event, I'm positive they will sink, if they merge with another two alliances, they have a chance to float for awhile, but internal takes are affecting them.

4.Virus - SWIM (for now)
Some good players with plenty of Gold! Doing rather well with a decent CQ account, but only because they're picking on the crestfallen Ancients. Its a race to massacre the Ancients alliance, but as they do so, they get closer to HWs. This may be their undoing in the long term.

5.The Ancients - Sink
This No.1 alliance has imploded. Internal wranglings? Players abandoning the alliance has led to its demise, The Ancients are getting old. I doubt that they will recover and may only float for awhile if they can run a deal with a local alliance, but as most are hitting them, the smell of blood has led to a frenzy to take their cities.

6.Fear the Ewok - SWIM
An increase in recent membership, may lead to a new resurgence in this alliance. It has new food to the South and is on par with Virus, but with more members, should climb into a better position, unless they begin to merge over the coming weeks, otherwise left alone, they have enough food for the next few months.

7.Jackals - SINK
Five players are truly propping this alliance up! With maybe 4 more that are useful. If they could send some real attacks rather than dummy ones, they could almost float. Their only saving grace is that they haven't been properly targeted at the moment, but the time is coming when they will have to face an onslaught and I cant see them surviving. As more HWs come into range, the hardship will begin to show on the Jackals.

8.Insanely Clever - SINK
Needs to start grouping closer together. Their failure to do this, will be their ultimate downfall. Will float until they try to spread out, then they're going to go "ouch!"

9.The Brew Crew Too - SINK
If they don't merge as one and concentrate their efforts, they will ultimately fail.

10.VENDETTA - FLOAT
Originally, i thought they may swim, but had to revise my thoughts, due to how well spread out they are. Limited in direction they can go, they're going to find it hard going to push further North. Will float only if they can gain new focused members.

11.MACO Defenders - SINK
Thats all folks!

12.Retirement Plan - Swim for now!
What an active little alliance! It may ultimately drop out of the top 12 due to its lack of members. It deserves to be in the top 5. It may pick upside failing alliances, but unsure if that would be a good thing for them!

I think a couple of alliances will drop out of the top 12, in the near future, replaced by new focused alliances.

DeletedUser15572

12.Retirement Plan - Swim for now!
What an active little alliance! It may ultimately drop out of the top 12 due to its lack of members. It deserves to be in the top 5. It may pick upside failing alliances, but unsure if that would be a good thing for them!

I think a couple of alliances will drop out of the top 12, in the near future, replaced by new focused alliances.

Applications for us must contain details of your range of slipperwear and dressing gowns. Lack of knowledge on use of rocking chairs and pipes will count against you. In all seriousness we're not looking to recruit even if we were there are very few players in our vicinity who would come close to meeting our standards.

DeletedUser12251

Lol why so much hate? Maybe I'm just bad at the whole trash talk thing. ANYWAY, I've found success in each world I've been in. Except for my 1st world, where I had NO idea what I was doing for the 1st half of the server, I've never started so far out. That being said, regardless of where I start, I tend to always end up in o55 causing problems. Got a looooooooot of world left for that to happen, so let's see how things go :)

DeletedUser9287

well i had fun reading up on all the trash talk and banter of the server so what else is new?

DeletedUser15572

What's new well the "good" players in brew crew have been leaving to join Wookiee while the remenants have merged into one alliance to keep up the appearance of being relevant

DeletedUser15337

Decided to make a Top 12 now. Hope it's interesting.

1. Hammered(...) Wookies(..)- I put these two alliances together. Definitely have solid players, and their (...Wookies..) are doing very well with taking Ancients, Brew Crew, Jackals, etc.. Only losses I saw were from Jackals. The rest are internals or trades among their four alliances. Obviously, everyone is going to (p00p) on their "MRA" status, and hopefully they have come to realize that their strategy for having that many players to look after will be their largest downfall. They have already dropped their five sister alliances down to four, which is progress, but still A LOT of room for improvement. It does not help that they are both keeping their smaller inactive players, and taking in better players from alliances they are crushing. By the start of summer, if they get their numbers down to two alliances, they will be formidable and a threat to the rest of the server. SWIM

2. The Brew Crew- So much (p00p) against these guys in all of the externals. It's unfortunate that they are surrounded by the Wookie/Hammered coalition. Only recent growth takes that I have seen from the intel sites are "out-of-core" players in various alliances that may have spawned earlier in the world in Brew's own core. I say unfortunate because this alliance had great players before the bulk of them moved over to Wookies or Ancients to save themselves from the slaughter. If this alliance wants to stay together and retaliate against Wookies in the future, their best bet is to find a rim, found there, save their slots, and use those slots to form a strong core, and be patient as the world moves on. But they have no shot at survival in their current area due to the myriad of enemies surrounding them. SINK

3. Virus-
I am VERY suprised by this alliance. Right on the border with Wookies, and haven't lost a city to them... yet, but have taken one or two. Their core also looks pretty dense, so much easier for snipes and holding sieges/killing sieges quickly. However, there is a rim alliance (Delusion) moving fast on their backside and could prove problematic for them if they have to fight on two fronts. Hope they don't get burnt out. FLOAT

4. Fear the Ewok-
Read my post on Hammered/Wookies. If the coalition drops their numbers to two alliances, they will be the biggest problem for the rest of the server, and WWs. SWIM

5. The Ancients-
I feel worse for this alliance than Brew Crew's situation. Hammered/Wookies seem like they are eating them up without a fight. Definitely unfortunate they are in the largest coalition's core, which will probably be a WW area. Only advice for these guys if they wanna stay together, is join up with Brew Crew, find a Rim, and grow until they can be more formidable to the server. SINK

6. Jackals-
So, obviously these guys are doing fairly well against the Wookiee coaltion, both taking a few of their cities, and not losing as many as Ancients and Brew Crew. Only main problem I see... their players are not well rounded at all. They only have 5 players over 10 cities, and the remaining of their 45 players are averaging 5 cities... which can't be that useful. Main advice for this group is to keep a solid front line, and make sure the rest of their alliance is growing steadily with the top players. FLOAT

7. Ashes to Ashes-
Wasn't this group called "Vendetta"? Anyway... this group has recently gotten a taste of the might of Wookies. And it probably won't taste good for a while. Main problem with this alliance is their lack of a dense core, or any core for that matter. From the map, they made a crescent moon on the bottom quarter of this server's oceans, stretching two oceans, and "just-the-tipping" four others. Unless you have over 1000 cities, this is a very bold move cotton. Their TTs to snipe or send support for sieges are probably not that tight. Main advice- stick to one ocean, solidify and dense up a core, and prepare for Wookie Hammer. FLOAT

8. M.A.C.O Defenders-
I'm getting kind of bored from typing, but quick recap for these guys without any need for intel searching. These guys are not good. MRA proving unsuccessful. They don't answer alarms, barely active, don't really attempt to kill sieges from experience. Also right next to Wookies, and just north of the smaller pirnaha-like alliances desperately looking for food. Main advice, keep your slots, and move with Brew Crew and Ancients if they decide to heed my advice. SINK

9. Delusion-
These guys are growing very fast, especially from so far out on the rim. They're main food looks like it will be Virus. Until then, solidify their core, and hope that their top players golding like mad don't get burnt out. SWIM

10. Retirement Plan-
Dense core, haven't lost a city to their neighboring alliances, Brew Crew, Wookies, Ancients, etc... So far proving formidable. But their main problem is the same as Jackals - dramatic city separation from their other members. From intel, I do see that they are handing-over cities to the smaller players to grow. Another problem - unless they just wanna be a thorn in the side for a certain alliance, they will need to look for players to take in from other alliances arolund them. Fifteen players will not do much later on in the server. FLOAT

11. Band of Brothers- My favorite alliance this server. I don't know what it is, but these guys are handsome, beautiful, well trimmed all over the body, and are great players to go out to the bars with. Super chill alliance looking to play casual in this world, and maybe make a fuss if they get bored. Their core is tight, like a body builder's. Their strength reaches no bounds. Even for their chiseled appearances, crowns worn proudly on their heads, and proven might, they care for one another, constantly handing-over cities to their weaker links to make them just as strong as their most dashing and handsome, Fearless Leader. These guys have proven again and again, that size, does not matter... only experience. SWIM WITH GRACE

12. Banshees-
If I make one for these guys, it'll just ruin the above post.

DeletedUser15566

10. Retirement Plan- Dense core, haven't lost a city to their neighboring alliances, Brew Crew, Wookies, Ancients, etc... So far proving formidable. But their main problem is the same as Jackals - dramatic city separation from their other members. From intel, I do see that they are handing-over cities to the smaller players to grow. Another problem - unless they just wanna be a thorn in the side for a certain alliance, they will need to look for players to take in from other alliances arolund them. Fifteen players will not do much later on in the server. FLOAT

I like your top 12....

I am in no 10, i have inside information - they are mostly insane tinged with a touch crazy and generally dont give a hoot. I doubt we will float but we will have a great time dealing with the people around us

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15519

10. Retirement Plan-
dramatic city separation from their other members. From intel, I do see that they are handing-over cities to the smaller players to grow. FLOAT

Check join dates and remember that this is a morale world. Perhaps the city separation is strategic. But what do I know..

As for your comment about 15 players not doing much later on in the server, I guess that depends on what you consider "much." Win a world? Highly doubtful. Crowns are for simmers though. We will continue take cities while you are all building a building or seven. And it's a slight contradiction when you claim that our size is a hindrance. You say that you've "proven time and time again that size does not matter" yet use a size-based assessment as a neg five lines above. If it's been proven to not matter, then why does it matter? Also, I could use less italics.

Other than that good top 12 and thanks for contributing to the conversation.

DeletedUser13622

Nice Comments. LOL

I'm waiting until they open 2 more worlds before I put my 2 cents in. From there we'll see how many bail because they can't handle this world......

DeletedUser12192

the hammerdown wookie coalition tends to get sensitive over ones own opinion

so sad that players that are afraid to fight ally together, what a worthless coalition

DeletedUser15519

Sure. I'll be brief:

1. Fallen Sons conglomerate: sink
This is all you really need to know:
9osAPDO.jpg

Because obviously the "best players" should show how "good they are" by pacting with as many alliances as possible. Despite all their brother/sister/cousin/uncle alliances and pacts/NAPs, they are still losing cities. Speaks for itself. Pathetic lvl 100

2. "High Command" - sink

New name, same old blow crew. Losing cities to literally everyone. Do you guys even conquer anything? Or do you just sit there building dogs waiting for people to CQ you? Presumably setting up for a merge with the other dream team alliance "the ancients." Because everyone knows that one bad alliance + one bad alliance + new name = great alliance. I think everyone knows that. Does everyone know that? Math isn't my strong suit.

3. VIRUS - swim
Decent alliance but gotta question the longevity of an alliance that is losing cities to Delusion. I suspect their main issue here is a language barrier which makes communication and proper vetting of players difficult.

4. Delusion - float
Rim alliance picking off some of the weak ones of core alliances. Seems to have a handful of decent players but a lot of dead weight. Only a matter of time until VIRUS shifts a few of their better players to this front which will be bad news for the majority of the players in this alliance.

5. Jackals - who facking knows

I suspect this alliance primarily exists to serve as an annoyance. They literally make no sense. Spread all over the map, losing cities everywhere. Seems as though they are just here for the sake of being here. They have a few decent players, but other than that they are just an MRA keen on hugging it out with the fallen sons brigade.

6. MACO Defenders - sink
Not worth writing a paragraph about.

7. Ashes to Ashes - float as long as whip doesnt reach her credit limit
An alliance whose main strategy is to make sure Whip spends as much gold as possible in events.

8. Band of Brothers - swim
A few pages back there was a conversation where this alliance was basically called out for beating their chests about taking cities from weak competition. Since then, they have taken cities from such might alliances as "Push Notifications", the MACO alliance that isnt even worth mentioning, and the mighty "Yolo." Listen, you might be good players. It's possible. But you aren't going to turn any heads by taking on weak players from rim alliances. You have a whole coalition of simmers and noobs in front of you heading to the core, put on your big boy pants and make yourself worthy of having a conversation about.

9. Retirement Plan
My alliance. All I'll say is:
1636c4d939f94f6697b7de0defa418ff.png

That's it. Hate away

Edit: Apparently I forgot about Death Squad

should've been 5 but i fooked it up. Death Squad - float
At least they had the sense to break off from the hammered/sons circle jerk. Don't really think they are good enough players to manage as an alliance that size in a world full of enemies, which is probably why they are searching for friends. But they have plenty of food in front of them to last for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15649

Yeah, fair enough :p I know we're not worth writing a paragraph about, but I would still love to hear some more thoughts on MACO.

DeletedUser15649

Also, was friends with MCBOB back in the day, excited to see where your alliance goes with him hanging around. Guy is a devil and a half man.

DeletedUser10406

Not going to trash talk as that gets you nowhere. One thing i do know is there are alot of VERY good veterans here. A great alliance adapts and changes as needed. I have been in and against many great alliances who folded within a day from internal disputes. I myself am banking on loyalty over ego.