Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser15519

I'm not sure you guys get how this works. I'm pretty sure the whole point of it is to listen to differing opinions with the occasional light (and sometimes aggressive) trash talking mixed in. It's called banter. While I'm sure candy appreciates the supportive comments, it doesn't do much to spur conversation if you simple say, "I think you're wrong but I still love you" without substantive opinions expressed.

DeletedUser15357

I'm not sure you guys get how this works. I'm pretty sure the whole point of it is to listen to differing opinions with the occasional light (and sometimes aggressive) trash talking mixed in. It's called banter. While I'm sure candy appreciates the supportive comments, it doesn't do much to spur conversation if you simple say, "I think you're wrong but I still love you" without substantive opinions expressed.

Forgive the noobs my friend

DeletedUser12251

Too bad. I'm too nice of a guy to talk trash. Good job everyone who made a Top 12. You are the 1%.

DeletedUser15572

It's like being at little league. People ask to write a top 12 then they don't contribute anything. Makes the externals completely pointless. The entire point of an external forum is to allow for the engagement of players with different views to exchange viewpoints etc and try and foster some sort of community.

Comments like I disagree with this but not giving an explanation stops any prospect of debate or back and forth. Irontoast is like a soccer mom handing out participation trophies. Oh well done for posting thank you so much for visiting, no I have no opinions of my own as I might offend someone. Pathetic.

DeletedUser12251

It's like being at little league. People ask to write a top 12 then they don't contribute anything. Makes the externals completely pointless. The entire point of an external forum is to allow for the engagement of players with different views to exchange viewpoints etc and try and foster some sort of community.

Comments like I disagree with this but not giving an explanation stops any prospect of debate or back and forth. Irontoast is like a soccer mom handing out participation trophies. Oh well done for posting thank you so much for visiting, no I have no opinions of my own as I might offend someone. Pathetic.
Lol my list is simple. Everyone sinks since they're weaker.

DeletedUser15519

As far as I can see only 1 alliance in the top 12 is yet to lose a single city. Hint: it's not yours.

Hows that for "less stable" and "less coordinated" and "less organized" and "more loose ends" and "less active" and "less efficient" and "stuff like that."

DeletedUser12251

As far as I can see only 1 alliance in the top 12 is yet to lose a single city. Hint: it's not yours.

Hows that for "less stable" and "less coordinated" and "less organized" and "more loose ends" and "less active" and "less efficient" and "stuff like that."
Not impressive still lol. Hammerdown are a bunch of fools who do little besides feed opponents. They have no idea that the people who are most likely their best fighters are being wasted. Brew...last time my alliance fought Thorr, he ghosted in the middle of the night after I attacked him. Not impressed. Ancients, naaahhhh. FTW has too many loose ends. Retirement plan is probably the best of the rest, but I know people in your alliance, and they do not worry me assuming they stick with you. God, I might as well make my own Top 12 :/

But really, this is looking like the weakest world I've been in so far.

DeletedUser15564

Not impressive still lol. Hammerdown are a bunch of fools who do little besides feed opponents. They have no idea that the people who are most likely their best fighters are being wasted. Brew...last time my alliance fought Thorr, he ghosted in the middle of the night after I attacked him. Not impressed. Ancients, naaahhhh. FTW has too many loose ends. Retirement plan is probably the best of the rest, but I know people in your alliance, and they do not worry me assuming they stick with you. God, I might as well make my own Top 12 :/

Can you tell us what we need to do to impress you ?

DeletedUser12251

Can you tell us what we need to do to impress you ?
Lol, dominate a world stronger than this one I guess. These "top" alliances, especially Hammerdown, would have been ended quickly if they had been in the last couple of worlds I was in. And some others I've looked at. BrewCrew leadership did fall fairly quickly in Idalium. But hey, let's focus on Hammerdown and how they send unguided TS at cities. How their players in the Top 20 are attacking with Pegasus. And how they kicked their smarter players and now have internal unrest because of it. THAT is this world's #1 ranked alliance atm. While that will change, they never should have gotten this far.

DeletedUser12251

You're funny, I like you, please do a Top 12 on the weakest world ever
lol thank you. Let me go back, do some extra research on this world and find out what's going on in these Top 12 alliances. Then I'll give you my Top 12 sink list with deets.

DeletedUser15566

lol thank you. Let me go back, do some extra research on this world and find out what's going on in these Top 12 alliances. Then I'll give you my Top 12 sink list with deets.

Cant wait, should be super awesome

DeletedUser15625

Lol, dominate a world stronger than this one I guess. These "top" alliances, especially Hammerdown, would have been ended quickly if they had been in the last couple of worlds I was in. And some others I've looked at. BrewCrew leadership did fall fairly quickly in Idalium. But hey, let's focus on Hammerdown and how they send unguided TS at cities. How their players in the Top 20 are attacking with Pegasus. And how they kicked their smarter players and now have internal unrest because of it. THAT is this world's #1 ranked alliance atm. While that will change, they never should have gotten this far.

Had never even bothered with forums in the past until I saw you on here. You're talking of a world that holds no connection with this one and comparing. While I can understand that, it really doesn't make sense to put players/alliances of an entire different world against the ones of this one. Also, you go on and belittle each alliance yet show no proof besides telling us of what you've seen happen supposedly. Doesn't really help your cause much.

Unless you're actually a part of each alliance and SEE what's going on inside, why spout out some irrelevant comments? You talk about a player from this world that ghosted on a completely different world but who's to say he's going to do that here? You don't know. You're just assuming. You call out FTW and say they have too many loose ends but you only tell what you've seen, not what you know.

Lol, you talk big but show no legitimate proof besides comparing worlds and putting a bunch of words together and labeling alliances as fools or saying you're unimpressed. Honestly can't understand why anyone would take you seriously.

Please, if you're going to comment and talk about which alliance will sink or which will swim, or even throw out comments like the ones you've thrown out above, at least back it up.

Corwin36

Artisan
I don't post here much. But I do believe my alliance will be fighting long after a couple of those above us are gone. As for the skill levels of this world, there is a LOT of teaching that needs to be done by all the alliances. Wookies are in the strongest position at the moment but if Bob gives them a front on the other side all bets are off. It's shaping up to be a fun world. See you'all on the battlefields.

DeletedUser12251

Had never even bothered with forums in the past until I saw you on here. You're talking of a world that holds no connection with this one and comparing. While I can understand that, it really doesn't make sense to put players/alliances of an entire different world against the ones of this one. Also, you go on and belittle each alliance yet show no proof besides telling us of what you've seen happen supposedly. Doesn't really help your cause much.

Unless you're actually a part of each alliance and SEE what's going on inside, why spout out some irrelevant comments? You talk about a player from this world that ghosted on a completely different world but who's to say he's going to do that here? You don't know. You're just assuming. You call out FTW and say they have too many loose ends but you only tell what you've seen, not what you know.

Lol, you talk big but show no legitimate proof besides comparing worlds and putting a bunch of words together and labeling alliances as fools or saying you're unimpressed. Honestly can't understand why anyone would take you seriously.

Please, if you're going to comment and talk about which alliance will sink or which will swim, or even throw out comments like the ones you've thrown out above, at least back it up.
Well one player of two that I've said will quit just did recently. The other had double my cities a few weeks ago. We have the same number now, sooooo I would assume I'm right about him too. As for labeling alliances, I've been in different types with very different strategies. I've been a leader, and I've been a pawn/noob (for a lack of a better term). What these top alliances are doing/just did can lead to collapse if the right enemy comes along. When top alliances merge, it usually shows a lack of faith in their ability to fight. If you're here to sim, then it's a great strategy. Aaaaaaaanyway, I apologize for not having a Top 12 posted yet. My move has taken up a lot of my Grep time lol

DeletedUser12251

TOP 12:

Hammered: Sink

Seen too many coalitions form early and collapse in a world. And judging by their struggles to take isolated cities in their own core, I would say they have little hope in terms of fighting. They bleed BP to enemies and have a hard time taking a city from an online player. Also, they kicked some of their more able fighters early on and word is may end up kicking more. I'm assuming they dont know much about their own members as they would not let these people leave if they did. Basically they're an overgrown MRA who joined another MRA. To me, this shows a lack of faith in their fighting ability as these merges, as lame as they are, make more sense closer to WW.

Brew: Sink
The players I know in this group are active, but far from top level talent. They will struggle with any alliances with deep talent, which is very few here, but here nevertheless.

The Ancients: Sink
Some super nice people here, but none that make me worry. Several struggle with alerts and others are just not great fighters. Simple as that.

Virus: Sink
They may be the only "top" alliance that I do not have a contact with, so it's hard for me to judge them. Why sink? Because they are close to us, and I believe my crew can beat them and anyone else here.

Jackals: Sink
Best fighters so far on my list. They're playing heavy defense though it looks like, but I know some people in here that have been in similar situations and thrived. I do believe the pressure will cause them to collapse and/or merge though.

Vendetta: Sink
I saw some of these guys back in Actium. They collapsed quickly while at war with alliances my own team defeated fairly easily. Until they show they can survive against a mediocre alliance, I believe they will sink.

Insanely Clever: Sink...maybe float
Judging by the world map, it looks like they're running for safer waters. That screams sink, but if they're determined enough, I guess they can technically survive a few oceans away from any real action. But hey, I could have this all wrong.

Cold Steel Vengeance: Sink
The players I have experience against in here are not players I would want to be in an alliance with. They'll need all the luck they can get.

Retirement Plan: Float
My first true floating alliance lol. I like their approach to this world, and the players I know in there are solid players. However, those same players, if our fronts meet, are not able enough to hold up against us. But due to them being superior to the alliances around them, IMO, and the space between us, I would say they float.

MACO: Sink
I'd rather not waste my time explaining why.

Banshees: Sink
It seems like they've been collapsing since I joined this world.

BoB: Swim
I've fought these guys and fought alongside them, and each player is a game changer. Anyone currently in this alliance could be ranked #1 or dead last within the alliance any given world. They've given good players from good alliances a lot of trouble and ended some others. I've learned not to doubt this group regardless of who they are up against as they have beaten alliances/players in multiple past worlds that many thought were at the top talent wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15519

According to conquests, this alliance:
Hammered: Sink
....they have little hope in terms of fighting. They bleed BP to enemies and have a hard time taking a city from an online player.

Is beating this alliance:
BoB: Swim
each player is a game changer. Anyone currently in this alliance could be ranked #1 or dead last within the alliance any given world.

If the former is so bad, the later so vastly superior to everyone on this "terrible server", then why are you losing to them?