Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser14420

So what all has changed? Insert Clever Name is now Death Star because they are all dead. Hammerdown has taken spot as number one. Anything else new?

DeletedUser14420

Sink or Swim

1. HAMMERDOWN- Swim

Though The Ancients seem to have more ABP, HAMMERDOWN still comes in close with overall BP due to have more DBP. They have the strongest members, have the most members, and have done well expanding in the South East. I think they will keep this trend up until they smash with the Ancients, which will hopefully happen.

2. The Ancients- Swim

With some very aggressive and active members, The Ancients have taken control over much of the North West region of the map. Not only are their members active, but they know what they are doing as seen through various encounters with them. I think letting go of some of the dead weight and having the whole alliance active would allow this alliance to take first and keep it. Keep up the good work.

3. The Brew Crew- Sink

Even though they have expanded upon alliance 5150, they have just been food for HAMMERDOWN. I don’t see this ending at any point in time, and therefore see them sinking. Otherwise, they would have a decent base to work from out of O54. They might also run into problem once the Ancients decide to start concentrating on expansion in that area.

4. Fear The Wookiee- Swim

Besides being fairly spread out, they have a small core in 045. Though Screaming Banshees also holds that ocean for their core, I don’t think there will be a problem using them for food. They have shown some great gains in ABP and have been expanding well. I do not see this stopping.

5. Screaming Banshees- Sink

Having taken on the two highest ranked alliances have truly taken a toll on this alliance. I was hopeful as this alliance came forward showing high activity and aggressive behavior, but they have fallen into a losing pattern as of late. 2-5 HAMMERDOWN and 1-5 The Ancients. At this point, it might be a good idea for them to merge with another active alliance.

6. The Brew Crew Too- Sink

Great job expanding on 5150 but HAMMERDOWN is still eating them up. There is no way of stopping this for them and will probably continue at its current pace.

7. The Inglorious Walkers- Float

With some trouble getting started and some weak targets to expand upon, this alliance has yet to show what they have. With a core in 044, they might be the wild card in time to come. If they could get more active members through merges, and slim down on the dead weight, I think this alliance could swim. If no changes are made, they will sink.

8. Jackals- Float

Losing cities from both HAMMERDOWN and Fear The Wookiee is not a good start for this alliance. They may sink due to that but they have a chance to make me wrong. I don’t think we have really been able to see what they can bring to the table just yet.

9. BURNIE- Sink

Coming from the West side of the world, we have a decent alliance. They are a bit spread out, but have been able to expand on the Tiny Turtle Squad. Showing no true marking of high activity or good strategy in core building, I do not think they will last long, though I have been wrong before.

10. VIRUS- Swim

With a low member count and some good looking averages, I see VIRUS as a force to be messed with. This is an alliance full of truly active members, and I think if there was an alliance to take down the big dogs, it will be this one. Coming down from the North, we will see how they do against The Ancients.

11. DEATH STAR- Sink

This alliance is already being eaten up. If I am correct, this alliance used to be named Insert Clever Name Here. They are doing horrid against The Ancients (0-15) and have even had cities taken from them by VIRUS and The Inglorious Walkers.

12. The Brew Crew 3- Sink

As the end of the Brew Crew triad, this alliance has done the best in avoiding being used for food. They even have some expansions on Death Dealers. We will see how they do, but my final prediction is that they will merge into one final Brew Crew alliance and then they will sink even further.

-Information is limited so I could be very wrong, just my two cents anyway-

DeletedUser9287

very nicely done although for brew crew i can see them trimming down at some point an making a come back

DeletedUser15560

I really do like that last Sink or Swim believe it is pretty accurate.

DeletedUser9287

i like rating sink or swims but i can never make one cuz im terrible at judging alliances whenever i make a prediction the opposite happens so i just learn to observe an comment

DeletedUser15560

i like rating sink or swims but i can never make one cuz im terrible at judging alliances whenever i make a prediction the opposite happens so i just learn to observe an comment

Go for it anyway nothing back can happen with you being wrong

DeletedUser9287

except the total collapse of the top 5 or so alliances and complete chaos on the server XD

DeletedUser14420

thank you. I do think you are right. They may be able to trim down and merge the three into one for a comeback of all of their active players, but they have not been impressive thus far.

DeletedUser9287

thank you. I do think you are right. They may be able to trim down and merge the three into one for a comeback of all of their active players, but they have not been impressive thus far.

ive found with bigger alliances sometimes small problems get alot of focus and big ones can be overlooked

IE a city gets HCed and ends up with alot of support but the guy 2 islands over with an incoming CS gets little to no support due to clutter on forums and miscommunication

DeletedUser13622

Is there an updated list?

It looks like the Brew is improving, while The Ancients are losing cities.

DeletedUser12251

Feel free to make one! I would, but it would be universally disliked haha

DeletedUser15572

Well here we go:

885df113f62f4002bcbac2ff3592019e.png

Ally attackers:

884d5f89b7344fd09be914deeabdefa8.png

Ally defenders:

829ff3abb78b40b7ac27de226d06f887.png

Ally fighters:

fd719bdbee9140619d166ad408e56fc5.png

1. Hammerdown -Swim owning ocean 55 but some words of caution for them if you're losing cities to Brew Crew then long term you're likely to have issues once all the small players have been forced out of the world. But at the moment the biggest ally and topping two of the three BP stats hard to see them going anywhere in the next 2 months

2. Fear the wookiee - Swim the main ally in 45 and not giving up cities easily (barely at all) probably the best ally on the server at the moment where they choose to expand to will have an big impact on which other allies succeed.

3. The Brew Crew - Sink, fast. Out of the top four alliances they're the ones struggling to stamp their authority on their own ocean (54) the most. Struggling along with their sister ally to fight either hammerdown or retirement plan. Their best long term plan is a hast exit towards the rim picking up cities off the smaller allies like pheonix if they want a long term future

4. The Ancients - Doggy Paddle - my personal opinion is their BP stats are masking a problem. A lot of that BP I expect is from sieges being broken lost a decent number of cities for a top alliance with an ocean (44) to call their own. Maybe they're coming down with a virus this could potentially be a serious problem for them. The CQ stats for the last week don't make pretty reading.

5. Virus - Swim (I think) - next month is make or break for this plucky little group. Focused on keeping themselves compact they've had a few exchanges with the OAPS next to them but nothing worthy of calling a war as of yet. Squished between the retirement plan and the ancients. Easy cities to take with brew crew nearby will see where they go.

6. Jackals - Sink - only a handful of players who know what they're doing expect the cream to jump ship in the next few months. They're just bleeding cities right now.

7. Brew Crew Too - Academy nobody cares.

8. Vendetta - Float - Not sure whats going on here they have a ridiculous spread of cities positioned in a way that suggests everyone could have a go at them but as yet not suffering major losses. Maybe some excellent diplomacy work to keep them in the mix or I'd expect to see them drop away soon.

9. Insanely Clever - Sink - Do they like it? No they don't. Getting cleared out of 44 and having to head north to the rim to survive.

10. Retirement Plan - Swim - The underdogs in 54 but keeping it nice and compact and just picking off brew crew for the moment. The attempted strikeback from Brew crew ended in abject failure and since then it's been one way traffic for the OAPS with time on their hands

11. Cold Steel Vengeance - Sink - no focus, no conquers bye bye.

12. The phoenix Syndicate - Sink - the most impressive thing about them is they're this bad and they have an academy anyway my mind is blown

DeletedUser12251

Well here we go:

885df113f62f4002bcbac2ff3592019e.png

Ally attackers:

884d5f89b7344fd09be914deeabdefa8.png

Ally defenders:

829ff3abb78b40b7ac27de226d06f887.png

Ally fighters:

fd719bdbee9140619d166ad408e56fc5.png

1. Hammerdown -Swim owning ocean 55 but some words of caution for them if you're losing cities to Brew Crew then long term you're likely to have issues once all the small players have been forced out of the world. But at the moment the biggest ally and topping two of the three BP stats hard to see them going anywhere in the next 2 months

2. Fear the wookiee - Swim the main ally in 45 and not giving up cities easily (barely at all) probably the best ally on the server at the moment where they choose to expand to will have an big impact on which other allies succeed.

3. The Brew Crew - Sink, fast. Out of the top four alliances they're the ones struggling to stamp their authority on their own ocean (54) the most. Struggling along with their sister ally to fight either hammerdown or retirement plan. Their best long term plan is a hast exit towards the rim picking up cities off the smaller allies like pheonix if they want a long term future

4. The Ancients - Doggy Paddle - my personal opinion is their BP stats are masking a problem. A lot of that BP I expect is from sieges being broken lost a decent number of cities for a top alliance with an ocean (44) to call their own. Maybe they're coming down with a virus this could potentially be a serious problem for them. The CQ stats for the last week don't make pretty reading.

5. Virus - Swim (I think) - next month is make or break for this plucky little group. Focused on keeping themselves compact they've had a few exchanges with the OAPS next to them but nothing worthy of calling a war as of yet. Squished between the retirement plan and the ancients. Easy cities to take with brew crew nearby will see where they go.

6. Jackals - Sink - only a handful of players who know what they're doing expect the cream to jump ship in the next few months. They're just bleeding cities right now.

7. Brew Crew Too - Academy nobody cares.

8. Vendetta - Float - Not sure whats going on here they have a ridiculous spread of cities positioned in a way that suggests everyone could have a go at them but as yet not suffering major losses. Maybe some excellent diplomacy work to keep them in the mix or I'd expect to see them drop away soon.

9. Insanely Clever - Sink - Do they like it? No they don't. Getting cleared out of 44 and having to head north to the rim to survive.

10. Retirement Plan - Swim - The underdogs in 54 but keeping it nice and compact and just picking off brew crew for the moment. The attempted strikeback from Brew crew ended in abject failure and since then it's been one way traffic for the OAPS with time on their hands

11. Cold Steel Vengeance - Sink - no focus, no conquers bye bye.

12. The phoenix Syndicate - Sink - the most impressive thing about them is they're this bad and they have an academy anyway my mind is blown

Awesome list! +1

DeletedUser9287

very nice list i have a couple disagreements but a very good list none the less

DeletedUser12251

Nothing sparks debate like a statement saying you disagree with some of it but not saying which bits
lol, I disagree with all of your swims, but still, awesome list! I love hearing other points of views.