Top 12 Sink or Swim

DeletedUser14420

What data sites are you going to be using for the top 12?

DeletedUser15532

Insider info tells me that the NEW ORDER has already made SCREAMING BANSHEES red on the 2nd day of bp. Nothing like starting off on the right foot.

I wonder if NEW ORDER knows who or what the BANSHEES are...

It will be interesting to see who takes the lead when the bp bubbles break.

DeletedUser

Sweet, surrounded by both alliances so whoever loses can expect me to come in for the scraps.

DeletedUser9287

Insider info tells me that the NEW ORDER has already made SCREAMING BANSHEES red on the 2nd day of bp. Nothing like starting off on the right foot.

who are the banshees?

DeletedUser14420

They are looking at facing both New Order and their sister alliance. They would have to be some active grepo geeks to come off on top of this one.

DeletedUser

I dunno, could still go either way. Depends on the level of communication between the sister alliances and the activity/aggression of the players. Still, today should be a good indication of how things should play out.

DeletedUser4601

We are 2 experienced players---not looking for more than a few "active" players to join us.

TASSY MOUNTAINEERS

DeletedUser15519

Don't get butthurt if I think your alliance sucks, it's not personal.

1. The Ancients - swim for now
abp average: 1,557

Stats skewed slightly by the heaviest gold spending on the server. Spread out across every core ocean. They look decent at this point but it's too early to determine if thats due to skill or credit cards.

2. The Brew Crew / too - sink
abp average: 1,035

Don't see a reason for a "sister" alliance in a 60 cap but everyone likes to hug now so par for the course. Tighter core than The Ancients but still spread out all over the core. Have MRA'ed hard to start the server and are undoubtedly filled with below average players.

3. HAMMERDOWNs - sink
abp average: 990

Just a worse version of The Brew Crew.

4. New Order / II - sink
abp average: 719

Will be interesting to see if they actually fight The Ancients for control of 44/45 (can't see yet as conquests haven't populated in stats). Again, 2 alliances on a 60 cap just smells of an MRA. Lowest abp average of any of the "top" alliances. Not necessarily indicative of poor players at this point but certainly shows a degree of indifference / inactivity given you can obtain their average with barely any effort via bandit villages.

5. Screaming Banshees - swim
abp average: 1,057

IMO the best of the top 12. Good core in o45 and a decent ABP average. Seem to be a fully active group with very little holes in it. Their quality will be determined based on how they handle New Order / II and The Ancients in their home ocean of 45.

DeletedUser7318

Don't get butthurt if I think your alliance sucks, it's not personal.

1. The Ancients - swim for now
abp average: 1,557

Stats skewed slightly by the heaviest gold spending on the server. Spread out across every core ocean. They look decent at this point but it's too early to determine if thats due to skill or credit cards.

2. The Brew Crew / too - sink
abp average: 1,035

Don't see a reason for a "sister" alliance in a 60 cap but everyone likes to hug now so par for the course. Tighter core than The Ancients but still spread out all over the core. Have MRA'ed hard to start the server and are undoubtedly filled with below average players.

3. HAMMERDOWNs - sink
abp average: 990

Just a worse version of The Brew Crew.

4. New Order / II - sink
abp average: 719

Will be interesting to see if they actually fight The Ancients for control of 44/45 (can't see yet as conquests haven't populated in stats). Again, 2 alliances on a 60 cap just smells of an MRA. Lowest abp average of any of the "top" alliances. Not necessarily indicative of poor players at this point but certainly shows a degree of indifference / inactivity given you can obtain their average with barely any effort via bandit villages.

5. Screaming Banshees - swim
abp average: 1,057

IMO the best of the top 12. Good core in o45 and a decent ABP average. Seem to be a fully active group with very little holes in it. Their quality will be determined based on how they handle New Order / II and The Ancients in their home ocean of 45.

As a note, you can consider New Order the same thing as The Ancients, as they pacted a few days before BP ended, and leadership told members to "Treat them like they were alliance members"

Who knows how long that pact will last, but for now that's the case.

Edit: With that said, I would say that if you consider the Brew Crew to be sink, Ancients should sink as well unless they suddenly unpact. Brew Crew has a bunch of solid memorable players, same as Ancients, but both have too many members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7318

How boring

Exactly, I left immediately after that pact was made. New Order is nothing but a bunch of food, and it's disgusting that leadership of an otherwise strong alliance took 120 targets off the table instead of letting their membership get those mostly free cities. They talked a lot about how a small alliance of good players could dominate a large alliance of poor players constantly in the forums, then they go and pact with one of those weak large alliances... Really turned me off. It's a shame when really good groups of players are ruined by bad leaders.

DeletedUser10406

Only the first day... We shall see.
smiley_emoticons_cyclops.gif

DeletedUser9287

you do relize u painted a really big bullseye on a really small target right?

DeletedUser7318

you do relize u painted a really big bullseye on a really small target right?

I'm fine with that. I'm only playing this world out for gold and action at this point assuming a suitable alliance doesn't come along in my area of the world-- and it's nonsense to imply that other alliances are going to target me for being a thorn in Ancient's sides.

They already had the reports themselves, so there's really no reason not to use them to poke fun at them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14548

watch it palistus, you know what we spoke about on PM

DeletedUser14548

As a note, you can consider New Order the same thing as The Ancients, as they pacted a few days before BP ended, and leadership told members to "Treat them like they were alliance members"

Who knows how long that pact will last, but for now that's the case.

Edit: With that said, I would say that if you consider the Brew Crew to be sink, Ancients should sink as well unless they suddenly unpact. Brew Crew has a bunch of solid memorable players, same as Ancients, but both have too many members.
We won't fall with banshees at our sides :p

DeletedUser14586

Now now children. Do you really need to be boasting only a few days out of bp? Give yourselves a week before starting to boast of your own successes. Lord knows I'll have few to boast of. :/

DeletedUser15482

Apparently the BANSHEES.