Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser12539
  • Start date

DeletedUser11833

Still way too early to do any, Ill make one a week out of BP

DeletedUser12539

Still way too early to do any, Ill make one a week out of BP
I just made the thread for it......and personally I like to see people do them sometimes before BP ends, its interesting to see who was spot on and who was dead wrong and there praise or lack there of for an alliance.

DeletedUser7318

Rank 1: We Came To Party

EDIT: Now that I've left, I'll analyze this alliance.

-Relatively decent starting position, with several islands under strong control-- there are a few stragglers, which is to be expected in a 100 person alliance cap server, but for the most part they will have an easy time building up a core on the 45/55 border. There are quite a few solid ranked members, though a bit unsurprising given they have the top member count on the server pre-BP at the time of making this top 9(Eviction notice overtook them in that regard in the last few hours).

With Eviction Notice being pretty far north of them, they probably don't have much to worry about unless The Wicked Few and LIGHTNING DEATH team up against them. Float for first few weeks, then swim

Rank 2: Eviction Notice

-While still in the early part of BP, there are several very rapidly growing players(making them the highest average points per member alliance, for what it's worth), assumably gold spenders because otherwise these point totals would be impossible. Active gold spenders + some recognizable names(both good and bad, some VERY bad) equals this alliance has potential. They also have a pretty solid potential for a good core, but overall I'm going to label it Swim then sink due to good players abandoning ship

Rank 3: LIGHTNING DEATH

-They have a lot of members, and are extremely close to We Came To Party on the map-- their main cores are just a few islands away from each other. They do seem really spread out in 45, as well as extending into 55s border. While it's possible to overcome this, I'm going to say float then sink

Rank 4: Alpha and Omega

-These guys are spread out in 44, with a few crossing into the 54 border next to Eviction notice. They also don't seem to have very many super active or great players(though a few are recognizable and respectable). If these groups fight, Eviction notice will very likely win, due to better top players as well as a better core. Sink

Rank 5: Fluff and Stuff

- Other than a few stragglers, these guys seems to have a pretty solid core in north-east 54, with heavy potential for solidifying that. They have several very impressive names/players, though they don't seem to be taking this server seriously, as their best player TheGrepKraken seems to be just inactive. If some of their impressive players(There are quite a lot of them, actually) start trying on this server, they'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with, and you'd be very likely to see a lot of players from this alliance and Eviction Notice merge into a better ocean 54 alliance by cutting the weak/inactive players. If this happens, this group + Eviction Notice could have a very threatening presence on the server. Float early, swim if they last a month or two

Rank 6: The Wicked Few
Edit: This alliance has changed quite a bit through a merger, and is now my alliance, thus I rescind judgment.

Rank 7: MOUNTAIN WARRIORS

-A recognizable alliance name, with some good players in it, however I doubt they're making a move in this server. They don't seem to be trying to grow very steadily, probably just making a showing while they play their other servers. However, they have a very tight core, even though some members are spread out in 55-- if they do take the server seriously, there is potential for them to be an annoyance, but probably not much more than that. Float then sink

Rank 8: ARMY OF DEAD

Small, inactive, spread out, no real question that this alliance WILL SINK

Rank 9: The Art of War

Very spread out as well in 44. They don't really have a lot of direct threats, but I don't see them doing very well even so. Float until further notice, sink if they don't fortify before any good alliance looks at 44

There aren't any other alliances even worth mentioning(the last 2 shouldn't have even made the cut tbh), so I'm just gonna cut it off here. These predictions likely don't mean anything, because they're made with very little information pre-BP, but might as well get the ball rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12539

Rank 1: We Came To Party

-My alliance, no comment.

Rank 2: Eviction Notice

-While still in the early part of BP, there are several very rapidly growing players(making them the highest average points per member alliance, for what it's worth), assumably gold spenders because otherwise these point totals would be impossible. Active gold spenders + some recognizable names(both good and bad, some VERY bad) equals this alliance has potential. They also have a pretty solid potential for a good core, but overall I'm going to label it Swim then sink due to good players abandoning ship

Rank 3: LIGHTNING DEATH

-They have a lot of members, and are extremely close to We Came To Party on the map-- their main cores are just a few islands away from each other. They do seem really spread out in 45, as well as extending into 55s border. While it's possible to overcome this, I'm going to say float then sink

Rank 4: Alpha and Omega

-These guys are spread out in 44, with a few crossing into the 54 border next to Eviction notice. They also don't seem to have very many super active or great players(though a few are recognizable and respectable). If these groups fight, Eviction notice will very likely win, due to better top players as well as a better core. Sink

Rank 5: Fluff and Stuff

- Other than a few stragglers, these guys seems to have a pretty solid core in north-east 54, with heavy potential for solidifying that. They have several very impressive names/players, though they don't seem to be taking this server seriously, as their best player TheGrepKraken seems to be just inactive. If some of their impressive players(There are quite a lot of them, actually) start trying on this server, they'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with, and you'd be very likely to see a lot of players from this alliance and Eviction Notice merge into a better ocean 54 alliance by cutting the weak/inactive players. If this happens, this group + Eviction Notice could have a very threatening presence on the server. Float early, swim if they last a month or two

Rank 6: The Wicked Few
-Very spread out in 45, with a few members in 44 and 55. No core to speak of, and not that impressive of an alliance overall. There are a few names that could deserve shoutouts for being decent, but overall this alliance will almost surely sink

Rank 7: MOUNTAIN WARRIORS

-A recognizable alliance name, with some good players in it, however I doubt they're making a move in this server. They don't seem to be trying to grow very steadily, probably just making a showing while they play their other servers. However, they have a very tight core, even though some members are spread out in 55-- if they do take the server seriously, there is potential for them to be an annoyance, but probably not much more than that. Float then sink

Rank 8: ARMY OF DEAD

Small, inactive, spread out, no real question that this alliance WILL SINK

Rank 9: The Art of War

Very spread out as well in 44. They don't really have a lot of direct threats, but I don't see them doing very well even so. Float until further notice, sink if they don't fortify before any good alliance looks at 44

There aren't any other alliances even worth mentioning(the last 2 shouldn't have even made the cut tbh), so I'm just gonna cut it off here. These predictions likely don't mean anything, because they're made with very little information pre-BP, but might as well get the ball rolling.
hmmm list is kind of crap just saying lol your reasoning for alliance failing are there to spread out? Well at this point in the game (pre BP) most alliance are spread out (unless there premades suchs as WCTP, MW etc...) Secondly you claim MW has a and I quote "have a very tight core" so having 1 1/2 island is a tight core? Cool good to know! You claim don't recognize none of the the players in TWF or there half way decent get real buddy! Who are you again?

DeletedUser11833

hmmm list is kind of crap just saying lol your reasoning for alliance failing are there to spread out? Well at this point in the game (pre BP) most alliance are spread out (unless there premades suchs as WCTP, MW etc...) Secondly you claim MW has a and I quote "have a very tight core" so having 1 1/2 island is a tight core? Cool good to know! You claim don't recognize none of the the players in TWF or there half way decent get real buddy! Who are you again?

Give him some credit for having an intellectual thought :D

DeletedUser7318

*Shrug* I apologize if I trampled on some toes by saying your alliance will sink, I don't claim to be an expert. Maybe if you don't want people giving their opinions, you shouldn't make a pre-BP sink or swim thread. My reasoning is based on playing every single early game since and including Gela, along with a few past servers such as Delos and Upsilon.

And yes, if a small alliance is extremely compressed inside 2 islands, they will have a better time than a small alliance that is spread out. If you don't understand that, learn the basics.

Also, before talking trash to others, try actually going by the same name that you play as.

DeletedUser12711

Rank 1: Eviction Notice - N/A

I'm a member and have no comment.

Rank 2: We Came To Party - Swim

Probably the strongest group in the world, the only way I see them sinking is due to IA of too many players being apart of other worlds or losing interest. Or getting teamed up on from LD and Wicked Few. (I think the first is more likely :p)

Rank 3: LIGHTNING DEATH - Float

They are all over 45 and 55, which isnt a bad thing. I think if they can take on The Wicked Few or some other small alliances they may be able to stand up to WCTP.

Rank 4: Fluff and Stuff - Swim (LOVE THE NAME <3)

They are mainly in northern 54 with some caught in between Eviction Notice, I think this is another solid group of players and lets see if they make a splunk or a splash.

Rank 5: Alpha and Omega - Sink

They are in 44 mainly and are around MRA Killers, which is a bad thing. Let's see if they can hold their ground to MRA Killers or just become dead meat.

Rank 6: The Wicked Few - Swim

They are a similar boat with LD but their stats surprise me, with a good AVG and alliance ABP, I think this group can hold their own, I think the key here will be if they can pick off players and cities to hold up to WCTP or LD.

Rank 7: THE ARMY OF DEAD - Swim

They are based out of north 55 and don't really have any competition, maybe Mountain warriors?? Overall I think they have good positioning and a decent core, but they do have a poor alliance ABP.

Rank 8: MRA Killers - Swim

Currently in 44 and they are probably going to tear through Alpha and Omega, they have a superb average and some shout outs, they also have good alliance ABP, lets see how they do.

EDIT: This is my first Top 12/8 for any world, just felt like sharing my thoughts. I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings or more importantly boost anyone's confidence too much ;) ;)

DeletedUser12137

It is always a nice thing to see a new top 8, top 10. Thanks for doing it.

Greetings From Memento Mori guys, We will be in the Top 12 soon enough. I know a bunch of players in this world from previous,

Happy Hunting......

DeletedUser

have fun here? Maybe searching a new sense of my life, and its a GS one, so you know, I will have the time to speak about the sense of my place in this world