Top 12: Sink or Swim

DeletedUser1048

Can a mod please move this out of the alliance and recruitment subforum :) I might do a top 12 later today.

DeletedUser7318

If you're doing a top 12 list, just a clarifying note is that Heroes of Rome and Heroes of Olympus are similarly named and pacted, but aren't the same alliance. Not that it really effects much, but it's good to know so they're not lumped together and judged as one.

DeletedUser271

If you're doing a top 12 list, just a clarifying note is that Heroes of Rome and Heroes of Olympus are similarly named and pacted, but aren't the same alliance. Not that it really effects much, but it's good to know so they're not lumped together and judged as one.

Uhm... Alliances that are similarly named and have a pact are one alliance in my popinion...

DeletedUser7318

Why do you already have a pact before BP ends...?

I don't know, I just joined them today.

Uhm... Alliances that are similarly named and have a pact are one alliance in my popinion...

You'd think so, but they were made separately apparently, and make explicit mention in the joint forums that it's a partnership, not a merger.

I'm not here to defend "my alliance" or anything, I joined today because I'd rather not be alliance-less come BP ending, just trying to be helpful for whoever is making a list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1048

Not much for me to judge alliances on right now, especially since I don't know most of these players. Anyway here is my short little top 12:

1)Heroes of Rome-Sink
2) Monster Inc.- Sink
3) Dank Memers- Float
4) Storm Dragons Reborn-Swim, probably one of the top alliances in this world. Played with a few of them in Beta.
5) Sinn Fein- Sink
6) Heroes of Olympus- Sink
7) United Cartel- Sink
8 ) Suicidal Simmers-Swim, I expect these guys to also be pretty good.
9) Mustache Riders- My alliance.
10) Brotherhood of Islands-Sink
11) READY 4 WAR-Sink
12) minions- Float

DeletedUser7318

Not much for me to judge alliances on right now, especially since I don't know most of these players. Anyway here is my short little top 12:

1)Heroes of Rome-Sink
2) Monster Inc.- Sink
3) Dank Memers- Float
4) Storm Dragons Reborn-Swim, probably one of the top alliances in this world. Played with a few of them in Beta.
5) Sinn Fein- Sink
6) Heroes of Olympus- Sink
7) United Cartel- Sink
8 ) Suicidal Simmers-Swim, I expect these guys to also be pretty good.
9) Mustache Riders- My alliance.
10) Brotherhood of Islands-Sink
11) READY 4 WAR-Sink
12) minions- Float

Out of curiosity, is your main rating basis on whether you know the players in the alliances? I'm pretty confident you're right about Storm Dragons Reborn, and I'm a bit disappointed I didn't spawn in their ocean to apply. However, I'm curious about your other floats/swim ratings, considering Suicidal Swimmers seems pretty weak-- They have a DECENTLY growing player, but overall seem pretty inactive for when they registered.

I'd be hard-pressed to give a swim or float to any alliance other than Storm Dragons at this point, before we see past the first week/before some more premade alliances join in.

DeletedUser1048

Well usually it would be based on their bp, core, growth in points and cities, who they are fighting, etc. Being that we are in protection though I was just looking at average points and at names. Suicidal Swimmers does have a low average but who is in 44 to stop them? I don't see anyone there that they should have a tough time with imo The two floats were also because of lack of competition where they are. They could still sink without competition though but it is just less likely I think. Of course my predictions will be wrong somewhere but it wouldn't be fun if we always guessed right.

I agree with you though, Storm Dragon Reborn is better than the rest right now.

DeletedUser

Oh why not...Please note that this is strictly my opinion and not necessarily those of SDR's

1) Heroes of Rome
Has some good players but no real core and are really spread out. But O45 looks pretty weak so there's no telling if this will be fixed. Swim

2) Monsters Inc. Also has a few decent players, but are incredibly spread out. They do appear to have one core island but the rest is just easy pickings. I've also fought some of their guys before and they left me pretty underwhelmed. Sink

3) Dank Memers I honestly thought this alliance might have something going, and hey it still might. But they did lose a lot of their top players last night and it doesn't look like they're coming back. These guys do still have a core island but are spread out over the rest of O55. This would normally be a death sentence but nobody else is really in O55 outside of United Cartel, who i'm not sure will just rush to the kill. Float

4) Storm Dragons Reborn My alliance, no comment.

5) Sinn Fein This group has a couple of good players at the top but a lot of filler, they have the lowest average of the top 5 and aren't really cored but yet surprisingly the second best cored of the top 5. They are situated in O54 and overlap some cities with Storm Dragons but for the most part have a gap between the two. Float then Sink

6) Heroes of Olympus This sounds sister alliancey to me and they are pacted with Heroes of Rome. They do have some coring in mid O45 and really aren't that spread out. However activity looks to be an issue. But once again, O45 is fairly uncontested water. Swim

7) United Cartel Spread through out O55, looks like a slightly new comer alliance. So they have a chance to core up. But i'm not sure of them pulling it off. Sink but will move up to float if you give me some cocaine

8 ) Suicidal Simmers More of them keep popping up as O44 fills and they have a good core in mid O44. O44 should be largely up for grabs for them. Swim

9) Mustache Riders This group either got here today or yesterday. I recognize some of their players and they're pretty decent. Probably the best cored in the world and located in mid O45. Should be able to secure their area and give Heroes a push. But I fear the wait to join penalized them and will be a challenge for them to overcome.

Nobody left in the top 12 is really of relevance yet beyond this point however there is one special mention.

TGIF- Located in north O55 these guys host several top 12 players and are growing quickly. This could be a small and elite team and poses a challenge to the world.

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
9) Mustache Riders This group either got here today or yesterday. I recognize some of their players and they're pretty decent. Probably the best cored in the world and located in mid O45. Should be able to secure their area and give Heroes a push. But I fear the wait to join penalized them and will be a challenge for them to overcome.

we joined today at noon, catching up wont be a problem. We have been online for a mere amount of hours and have already almost caught up with the MRA alliance averages that sit in our ocean. Should not be a big deal.

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
Heroes of Rome
Core: Their core is almost non-existent at the moment. They have two islands in eastern 45 with a few members as well as another island in west 55 with a few members. The rest of the alliance is scattered, ranging from 1-3 members per island all over in 44, 45, and 55.
Location: There was no key location i presume, if so it was not executed. They are very spread out for a speed 2 world.
Overview: Majority of their players are only growing by few points if at all. Almost a non-existent core and a lack of activity and plausibly a lack of organization leads to me conclude that Heroes of Rome will SINK

Monsters Inc.
Core: They have one notable island in the 45/55 border, however, their players are scattered around the origin of the map. It seems to me the players were mass recruited during the beginning of the world. Relatively poor core.
Location: They are located in the origin of the world, fairly squished between all alliances. Somewhat a good thing for ABP but they will be a target for everyone. If they cannot coordinate and snipe well it won't end well.
Overview: Monsters Inc. have a few solid players that I recognize who mainly focus defensively from what I can recall. Just like Heroes of Rome they are fairly spread out and seem to have a lack of coordination or they were mass recruited players. Their activity levels are very spotty. They will SINK as well.

Dank Memers

Core: Again another alliance with a spotty core. One or two main islands in the northern part of 55. However relatively spread out within ocean 55 and around the origin spreading into 44 and 55.
Location: The ocean 55 and 54 border seems to be the most contested area so in return their survival will be based on communication and strategically taking cities. Seem to be right next to the core of the next alliance, Storm Dragons Reborn.
Overview: Due to their location with a spotty core in a heavily contested area they will survive for a while, as they have a few solid players but in the long run they are likely to SINK

Storm Dragons Reborn

Core: SDR has a very tight core on the border of 55 and 54 close to Dank Members' core. For the exception of a few players scattered near the origin of 44 it is a very solid start.
Location: As stated above they are in a very contested spot on the map, close to Sinn Fein as well as Dank Memers. This area will be very interesting to watch progress after BP ends.
Overview: SDR is full of a lot of players who I've seen consistently talked about as solid, aggressive, and experienced. Overall they will have a decent task to overcome between Dank Members and Sinn Fein. However, due to their experience and core they will prevail. SWIM

Sinn Fein

Core: A fairly respectable core, they are located just north and east of the 55/54 border farther away from the origin than Dank Members and SDR. They have a few stragglers but they are relatively central to a few islands.
Location: Again much of the same between SDR and DM, it will be heavily contested.
Overview: They have a few notable players with spotty activity, their player average is not up to par to the other 3 alliances above, however, I believe SDR and DM will battle it out first. Therefore if Sinn Fein can stay active and build up as necessary they will FLOAT

Heroes of Olympus
Core: They have one solid island in western 45 however just like their partner alliance Heroes of Rome they are very spread out. Ranging all over the map.
Location: Along with their partner alliance they are fairly spread out in 45 which so far doesn't seem to be too big of a problem since there is relatively no one but HoR in their area.
Overview: Due to the lack of activity they will either merge with HoR and fall with them or they will break off and fend for themselves. However due to poor activity and virtually no core besides one island I find them floating then eventually falling out. SINK

United Cartel
Core: Really have no core whatsoever other than they are located in the eastern and southernmost part of 55. Not much to say about that.
Location: They are in the heavily contested ocean 55 but they are not as close to the origin as the others. They will put a fight where they are but will be overrun eventually due to them being dispersed.
Overview: They seem to be fairly slow at growth. They do not have a core whatsoever, mainly just a sense of direction. I don't recognize really anyone I could vouch for as a great player. Therefore SINK

Suicidal Swimmers
Core: Located in northwestern 44. Just like SDR they have a solid core with a few random stragglers ranging all oceans around the origin.
Location: Relatively no competition in their area so I see them striving in the current state of the world.
Overview: They are fairly active with a few notable players I recognize, again they have a strong core with plenty of food to eat. I see them doing well in ocean 44. SWIM

Mustache Riders
Core: A two island core with no stragglers. Relatively perfect with just enough food for out of the BP to lay over until taking a few cities.
Location: Outermost part of 45 currently until more and more players join, relatively no competition.
Overview: Of course I have a bias since I am part of the alliance, we started at noon on Saturday, two days after the majority of other alliances and we are gaining fast. Of course no other than SWIM

Brotherhood of Islands
Core: BoI has one solid island in the mid range of 55, though they do have quite a few stragglers.
Location: Again another alliance in the heavily contested ocean 55, will be interesting to see them survive.
Overview: They do not seem to very active, growing little so far. They may give the other alliances a run for their money if they can keep out of the main conflict for now. SINK

READY 4 WAR
Core: No core at all. Very spread out among ocean 44
Location: They seem to be food or possibly a merger into Suicidal Simmers.
Overview: Really nothing impressive about this bunch unless I am missing something. They are a definite SINK

minions
Core: Another alliance in the 55/54 border with a great tight core.
Location: Along with SDR, DM, Sinn Fein, and BoI they are in the most contested area on the map by far!
Overview: They are very similar to Brotherhood of Islands just with a stronger core, they seem to be a toss up alliance along with BoI again, FLOAT

Another alliance that is notable is TGIF. They are currently ranked 13.

TGIF
Core: They have a tight core along the 55 and 54 border
Location: Again they seem to be smack dab in the middle of the ocean 55 and 54 border dispute. It will be a good contest to see!
Overview: They are one of the most active alliances in the game with a few heavy gold users. They will be a solid alliance if they can cooperate and plan out their conquests well. They will either merge into another alliance or dominate. Eat or be eaten kind of situation! Though I believe they will SWIM

This took quite a bit of time so +rep would be appreciated! Just to reiterate that these are my opinions and are not a reflection of my alliances perspective as a whole! This list will drastically change a week or two after BP! thisisgrepolis

Last edited:

DeletedUser

we are going to join on Monday, this top 12 will be very different in a couple of weeks. all of u guys are scrubs and will get destroyed pretty easily. storm dragons or whatever their scrubby name will be first to be destroyed by us just to let u know we are business......

DeletedUser1048

Nice top 12 Sgt Seeker. Good luck with that Modz, I don't think I have ever seen their alliance get beaten before but there can always be a first.

Oh why not...Please note that this is strictly my opinion and not necessarily those of SDR's

1) Heroes of Rome
Has some good players but no real core and are really spread out. But O45 looks pretty weak so there's no telling if this will be fixed. Swim

2) Monsters Inc. Also has a few decent players, but are incredibly spread out. They do appear to have one core island but the rest is just easy pickings. I've also fought some of their guys before and they left me pretty underwhelmed. Sink

3) Dank Memers I honestly thought this alliance might have something going, and hey it still might. But they did lose a lot of their top players last night and it doesn't look like they're coming back. These guys do still have a core island but are spread out over the rest of O55. This would normally be a death sentence but nobody else is really in O55 outside of United Cartel, who i'm not sure will just rush to the kill. Float

4) Storm Dragons Reborn My alliance, no comment.

5) Sinn Fein This group has a couple of good players at the top but a lot of filler, they have the lowest average of the top 5 and aren't really cored but yet surprisingly the second best cored of the top 5. They are situated in O54 and overlap some cities with Storm Dragons but for the most part have a gap between the two. Float then Sink

6) Heroes of Olympus This sounds sister alliancey to me and they are pacted with Heroes of Rome. They do have some coring in mid O45 and really aren't that spread out. However activity looks to be an issue. But once again, O45 is fairly uncontested water. Swim

7) United Cartel Spread through out O55, looks like a slightly new comer alliance. So they have a chance to core up. But i'm not sure of them pulling it off. Sink but will move up to float if you give me some cocaine

8 ) Suicidal Simmers More of them keep popping up as O44 fills and they have a good core in mid O44. O44 should be largely up for grabs for them. Swim

Nobody left in the top 12 is really of relevance yet beyond this point however there is one special mention.

TGIF- Located in north O55 these guys host several top 12 players and are growing quickly. This could be a small and elite team and poses a challenge to the world.

Nice top 12, and yeah we joined at noon. Don't really think joining on Day 3 will be much of a big deal, the players in our area are about our size and most of them were there when we got here.