Top 12 players

• Thread starter DeletedUser9651
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Well I thought it was excellent - just astounding - I knew the use of gold by some would frankly stagger me when I saw I was ranked 600+ every day on the event even though I sometimes bought an additional bunch of arrows.......

I have used Orpheus - you can only use him in one city so it doesn't discredit the figures Athan has produced - I think it is a creditable indication. It is up to the individual is they think it is worth spending that amount.... although secretly I will think they must be billionaires or bonkers ;)

If this was a piece of anti TBD propaganda it would have just had their players - this has come after the bp per player detail which also included the mix of players/alliances which I also found interesting and clearly also thought provoking for others :)

DeletedUser6798

Athan I like the effort, but what does this in for me is the fact that you assumed that the difference between slots they should have and actually have were achieved only by gold. All you did was multiple the culture point difference by 50 gold. That completely ignores the city festivals aspect despite your acknowledgment of it at the top of your post. So therefore, your "Gold used" statistic completely ignores CP achieved by any other means.

For example, docscott may not be as big of a golder as everyone thinks. CJ pointed out that he has half the BP as he does. Thats a huge discrepancy. So then we must ask, what is docscott actually doing if he is clearly not attacking. If you account for maxed warehouses and avid farming, he could easily be running 2 city festivals per city per day. At 80 cities, thats 160 culture points in a day. Docscott clearly isnt attacking or defending much so he isnt burning resources on troops. However we do claim that docscott is an avid golder because his ability to take small cities and max them out in short times.

So you really see your analysis is severely flawed. I just took what is likely one of the top 5 biggest spenders on the server and threw in serious doubt into how much gold he is really spending just on city slots. Same can be said about the other players on this list. Achilles and Myrmidons ranks the 108th player in DBP. So therefore he isnt defending. Assuming his cities are at max pop, he is likely running a good bit of city festivals as well.

However what you did show is that the top players have a large discrepancy between how many slots they've gotten from BP, and how many they have gotten from other means. However, you cant make the argument it is strictly from gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

@Oliver
First, my post does not say "Gold Used" it says "Gold Value". As in, IF those slots were bought with gold, that is how much gold it would take. I clearly stated at the top of the first post, that some of those slots do come from other sources, which you repeated in your post. I've told 2 other people this after I posted that, but for some reason you must have missed those posts AND the top of the my original post.....

Second, for you to call my post a "Flawed Analysis" is actually a "Flawed Analysis" on you part. I actually didn't analyze anything, I merely stated some stats and left it up to everyone else to analyze them for themselves. Those numbers were 100% accurate (at the time) and the only the only part of that post that you can actually argue against would be the part where I said "My Opinion/Hypothesis". I welcome you to agree or disagree with that sentence, but arguing with factual statistics that are 100% accurate is very pointless...

@Everyone Else
I post statistics like this to get people thinking more broadly about the game and how it is played. I enjoy hearing the feedback afterwards but please, don't try to argue with the numbers. You won't win. You can, however, discuss your own opinion of what those stats mean to everyone. Again, the numbers are not biased in any way. Tell me what they mean to you. Did those players really spend that much gold on slots? Did they spend half of that and the other half came from additional sources?

DeletedUser6798

Athan.. Number crunching to create a statistic that is supposed to reveal a conclusion IS an analysis.

So, to not repeat myself.. you calling it "Gold Value" is implying that all that these players used that much gold to get these slots. You let others draw the connection without you coming right out in saying it. That was the purpose of you crunching these numbers.. to show that other players use just as much gold as docscott.. You even thanked them for supplying the cash to Inno..

So, because of all you subtle suggestions, I merely was pointing out that if these players ran a single city festival, it changes how much gold they actually used. Therefore calling it a "Gold Value" is flawed. As I said before, all you did was show how many Culture Points these players achieved by means other than BP. That includes gold, Festivals, and Orpheus.

So, if your whole point was to show that others supply just as much gold as others, then your conclusion is insufficient because of too many unknown factors. Your "Gold Value" Stat is an assumption that excludes festivals and orpheus, so therefore any claim you are attempting to make is insufficient due to lack of facts.

Just because you acknowledge something is missing from your analysis, doesnt mean that it is still a valid analysis

Edit: This is your conclusion.. You posted these numbers and assumed the majority is from gold. Which due to the amount of wildly unknowns throws fault into this claim:

But, I'm sure a majority of them came from cold hard GOLD. With Docscott1 carrying the torch, it's clear that we have many other Wallet Warriors funding Inno's payroll for us. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for the donations you made to keep this wonderful game operational and enjoyable for the rest of us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

Again Oliver, the statistics themselves were un-Biased... They are JUST statistics.

Those numbers were not meant in any way to suggest anything, Oliver. No matter how many times or ways you say they do. If you feel like they are, maybe your subconscious has concluded something that your mouth hasn't figured out yet. Perhaps you would like to elaborate on your opinions of these players statistics instead of "trying" to argue irrelevant points about mine...

DISCLAIMER:
I generated the stats tables before creating my opinions about them. The stats are just stats, and you can interpret them however you wish.

DeletedUser

I noticed that Tone The Great was not even considered in this entire thread?? Was this an intentional biased omission?

DeletedUser6798

They are just stats.. and they are valid. Just saying the conclusions your are drawing, or attempting to get others to draw, are flawed.

It is like me saying I have a jet plane parked in my personal hanger. I can show you a picture. And the picture reveals an actual jet plane parked in an actual hanger (facts) but unless I provide other substantial information theres no way you'd believe it was mine (conclusion)

That being said.. i only like to do top 12 alliances.. doing top 12 players gets to personal

DeletedUser723

They are just stats.. and they are valid. Just saying the conclusions your are drawing, or attempting to get others to draw, are flawed.

It is like me saying I have a jet plane parked in my personal hanger. I can show you a picture. And the picture reveals an actual jet plane parked in an actual hanger (facts) but unless I provide other substantial information theres no way you'd believe it was mine (conclusion)

That being said.. i only like to do top 12 alliances.. doing top 12 players gets to personal

Fair enough. Perhaps my opinions are too well known and it's difficult for players to separate my statistic reports from them. That being said, we all know how I feel about the tables. How do you feel about them?

DeletedUser6798

At the very least I find it impressive and a very clear pattern that the top players all have received 20 slots or more (in most cases) from means other than BP. For a game that is based on war and fighting, its funny to see how vital other means of growing are to ones success in terms of player rank.

DeletedUser9607

Top player and # of cities is only relevant if you view having more cities as the object of the game. Many view BP - some only care about having fun taking cities no matter the cost. Sometimes attacking contested cities is very expensive troop wise often hitting bir walls. The best players at times rank in the middle of BP because of these loses. Here, Chris takes cities, works the opps and takes his losses making him a top fighter regardless of BP stats. There are many others mid ranked fighters who have the respect of their alliance mates everywhere who never top the charts. One of the best fighters in the game Ive played with in my opinion is Celtic57 (Delta, Athens, now Calydon w/The Fallen Sons) He plays with a total disregard to losses but consistently goes for the impossible or difficult cities.

Some view the ability to fight, defend your cities and those of alliance mates from takeover while taking enemy cities as the object of the game. Ive never viewed obtaining the most cities as a goal. Having more cities does however allow you more opportunity for building more Ships and troops & BP, thus is a very important aspect of the game.

In conclusion who really cares. What matters is when you help a mate take a city or drop some bir a few seconds before a CS lands in their city. That's what most remember.

DeletedUser

Top player and # of cities is only relevant if you view having more cities as the object of the game. Many view BP - some only care about having fun taking cities no matter the cost. Sometimes attacking contested cities is very expensive troop wise often hitting bir walls. The best players at times rank in the middle of BP because of these loses. Here, Chris takes cities, works the opps and takes his losses making him a top fighter regardless of BP stats. There are many others mid ranked fighters who have the respect of their alliance mates everywhere who never top the charts. One of the best fighters in the game Ive played with in my opinion is Celtic57 (Delta, Athens, now Calydon w/The Fallen Sons) He plays with a total disregard to losses but consistently goes for the impossible or difficult cities.

Some view the ability to fight, defend your cities and those of alliance mates from takeover while taking enemy cities as the object of the game. Ive never viewed obtaining the most cities as a goal. Having more cities does however allow you more opportunity for building more Ships and troops & BP, thus is a very important aspect of the game.

In conclusion who really cares. What matters is when you help a mate take a city or drop some bir a few seconds before a CS lands in their city. That's what most remember.

Well said.

As for Chris being able to run three festivals per city every day..... knowing him I would agree :D

Still like Athan's post - provoked a lot of interest.

I guess I am still looking for the method to be number 1 in a world without using gold and getting 12 hours sleep a day :\

DeletedUser12275

I noticed that Tone The Great was not even considered in this entire thread?? Was this an intentional biased omission?

929859744a1f578666677464c48f013d47477ece2eb09129c61e566a55235534.jpg

DeletedUser4082

Well said.

As for Chris being able to run three festivals per city every day..... knowing him I would agree :D

Still like Athan's post - provoked a lot of interest.

I guess I am still looking for the method to be number 1 in a world without using gold and getting 12 hours sleep a day :\
lol when you figure this out lemme know

DeletedUser

I know a bunch of you guys/gals in this world. I have fought with and against most of you. This will be a good world to watch. Shout out to my boys Chris John and Mazda6 and ipfreely.