Top 12, Obligatory Thread

DeletedUser16015

This is a placeholder for the top 12 sink or swim.
I suppose I can say it would be fun in the start here to do them. Though this being a Speed 1 world it will be some time till we see the landscape properly arranged.

So for now we can have fun listing and commentating on the Top 12 of this world.

DeletedUser11833

Bones and Skulls hit the alliance cap in under 24 hours. SINK

Update: 2 full groups in about 36 hours, and a 3rd alliance was just created

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15585

come on now players, you know that alliances do the second alliance thing to put together a list of the players that are going to play and release the rest. just like employers hire a bunch - keep the best and cut the rest

DeletedUser11833

Still kinda early to do this since BP still hasn't ended for anyone, but here it is! Only the top 8 are really significant enough to warrant being on the list in my opinion.

1: Praetorian Guard (SWIM) - I'm biased, being the founder and all...

2 & 3: Bones and Skulls (SINK) - An MRA with no leadership, and most of the more experienced players have realized this already and moved on. Good food for the more experienced groups.

4 & 11: Scary Name Here (SINK) - The JV MRA compared to Bones and Skulls, they should meet the same fate relatively fast.

5: MANBEARPIGS (SWIM) - A solid group of very experienced players, they should be a major late game force.

6: Supernova (SWIM) - Starting off with a great core that is kinda out of the way because they joined late, and they have some great players in their ranks.

7: Gladius Magnus (FLOAT) - I don't recognize many of them, but seems like a decent group of guys. May do well if they can hold on to the outer edge of O44

8: Blood Brothers (FLOAT) - A good group with a good, but they are wedged between Praetorian Guard and MANBEARPIGS so I think their future is a but uncertain.

DeletedUser11833

Yay! Our first super pact!

Scary Name Here / Another Scary Name / Blood Brothers / Blood / Supernova

AKA Sink / Sink / Sink / Sink / Sink

DeletedUser11833

UPDATE: MANBEARPIGS is in on the pacts too, as well as Dream of Dragons for some reason.
Lets play everyone vs. Praetorian Guard!
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

DeletedUser14792

UPDATE: MANBEARPIGS is in on the pacts too, as well as Dream of Dragons for some reason.
Lets play everyone vs. Praetorian Guard!
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif

That's not correct. MANBEARPIGS has a pact with 2 of the above named alliances and is at war with one of the above named alliances (in addition to being at war with Praetorian Guard).

As far as the list of those alliances that are pacted/at war with Praetorian Guard, how many have you guys provoked by attacking them? I suspect the answer is 'all of them'. My impression is that you guys came out swinging at everyone; from my experience, the normal response is that everyone pacts against the aggressor alliance in a world. I'm surprised you'd even bother posting this; you're an experienced player...

DeletedUser11833

That's not correct. MANBEARPIGS has a pact with 2 of the above named alliances and is at war with one of the above named alliances (in addition to being at war with Praetorian Guard).

As far as the list of those alliances that are pacted/at war with Praetorian Guard, how many have you guys provoked by attacking them? I suspect the answer is 'all of them'. My impression is that you guys came out swinging at everyone; from my experience, the normal response is that everyone pacts against the aggressor alliance in a world. I'm surprised you'd even bother posting this; you're an experienced player...

Just the fact that you guys are actually engaged in any pacts is the sad part, congrats on being at war with an alliance other than PG though! Yes, we came into the world with the policy of "If it aint blue, its red". Yes, we came out swinging at anyone and everyone, that is how you win a war game, after all!

Anyways, see ya on the battlefield! And congrats on the take this morning, you guys earned it! That was probably the most contested city to date in this world.

DeletedUser11093

Not sure you will need a top 12 here in a few weeks.

Maybe a top 5.

Such a niche market now on US servers, even more niche when running 1 speed ratios.

Anyway, if the best two alliances run a pact they could probably set themselves up to win in the next few weeks.

Good luck and thanks for the gold!

DeletedUser14792

Just the fact that you guys are actually engaged in any pacts is the sad part, congrats on being at war with an alliance other than PG though! Yes, we came into the world with the policy of "If it aint blue, its red". Yes, we came out swinging at anyone and everyone, that is how you win a war game, after all!

Anyways, see ya on the battlefield! And congrats on the take this morning, you guys earned it! That was probably the most contested city to date in this world.

It's early in this world; way too early to declare victory. Time will tell if your alliance's strategy will succeed. My bet is that your alliance will stay in the top spot for a few months and then sink, as so many other alliances have done who have used that 'kill em all' strategy. Then as your alliance disintegrates, there will be complaints that the rest of the alliances conspired against you. No, that is not how an alliance wins Grepolis.

DeletedUser11833

Weird, ive won worlds with alliances who played like this day one to the end, so...

DeletedUser16015

Someone mentioned Dream Of Dragons above. Why? LOL they are a non factor. Their leadership is now over 1 week inactive and most of the remainder of players are working on a few days inactive each. Their ideal was to friend all alliances and live peacefully in the world. LOL sorry cant help laughing (wipes smile, tries to be serious). Their remaining players who are strong enough would be wise to start attempting to join alliances who are in the right mode of thinking. Probably top 5 or so.
The once who stay behind will sim long enough to be BP farms for others till they ghost. Sad it is, they were organized for a few days.

DeletedUser7613

Gotta give a huge tip of the hat to Gold'in Beach Bums. If they are in it to win it, evidence shows they have a good shot.

DeletedUser11560

well looky looky everyone is killing for top spot meanwhile im gonna sit here an take over my island
^This guy isnt even taking the world seriously

Also, alliance rankjng in this world are top heavy

Only MBP, PG, Blood will last