Top 12 alliances...

DeletedUser39

You must have an endless supply of money if you cut EVERYTHING 7 times using gold. Personally, I don't cut buildings more than once and that is at the very beginning stage of the world. I buy my gold in the beginning and it lasts me the whole entire server.

Your example of a 3 hour timber camp would be somewhere around level 20 (not sure exactly). A level 40 timber camp on a speed 3 world is approximately 7 hours which means on a speed 2 world it is somewhere around 10 hours. I can't give the exact figures because I can't find it in the wiki. that's a 3 hour difference for just one building for one particular level in one city alone. imagine having more than 50 cities. 100 cities. You may not care about it and everyone else on this server may not, but I would rather spend my time fighting than building up my cities.

Again, Unless it's the very beginning stage of the server, I am not using gold to cut down build times. Even then, I will not cut each thing 7 times.

I was talking about DA, not about you as a person. Then again, cutting the construction time once or twice is more than enough already to diminish the difference the servers have. If you piously build up your cities without spending a dime, sure, I'll hand it to you, a speed 3 world is faster than a speed 2 world. But we're not fooling ourselves here, we spend as much gold as we deem necessary. If you cut it once, that's your cup of tea. If your alliance members cut it thrice, that's their cup of tea. Bottom line is, the only time you're actually building cities because you need to get them up to strength, is the first 1~2 months of the server. After that, all cities are built up for you already - unless you go after all the tiny 2k players (hey, no morale on Olympia, hooza!) because they can't fight back, you'll be conquering 10k+ cities within 3 months time. Sure, you'll have to conquer a smaller city due to sheer strategical position. But if you have 10 cities to funnel resources there, 10 cities up to full power with their armies built, I think you wouldn't give a damn about the fact it takes 2 weeks to build up the city - you build up the farm (with a little gold) to 40 (45 in this case) within 2 days, maybe another 1 or 2 days for your barracks, phew, all the time you lost by doing that. A whopping 4 days before you could push out your armies - the rest of the city is mere convenience, it doesn't matter wether you build it in a week, a month, or sit back and take 2 to finish it: it can build the max ammount of units, that's all that counts.

I'm still not entirely sure why it's such a disgrace to admit you quit this world because it didn't go the way you guys intended to. I've read a post on the DA forum (PM'd to me by external source, Ascension does not spy on its own) that quite clearly states the core of DA left because of a failed OP and rebuttal from the provoked alliances.

Terri16 said:
Hot on the heels of that fiasco, four alliances, four big alliances ran an op on us. Out of 108 players, only 23 sent support. I may have been wrong to call people out on that but I tend to call them like I see them. In this game, those are the actions of a losing team. When the call went out to send support, the need and the expectation was that 100% of the alliances member would scramble to send whatever they could, even if it was only 10 swords. If that is all you had then that is what you should have sent. Instead what happened was 23 players tried to cover all 17 revolts. Wake up people it doesn't work that way. You can not keep cities playing like that.

As a result, just about all of those core members are already gone, because that is not how we play the game. There are still a bunch of good active players, you might have a chance if you rally around those few and work as a team, but if you don’t have participation, you don't really have an alliance.

Now, I'm not the best reader out there, but it's quite apparant from this post that the majority of DA left due to a failed OP and the retribution of several alliances, not because a speed 3 world opened up that was so much better, faster, interesting - whatever way you want to call it. Sure, it might've been convenient that it opened up just around the time the majority of DA left, but I'm quite positive there still would've been quite some DA left on Naxos if your OP had went alright.

Cheers,

Acu

DeletedUser4615

You guys keep harping on the same issues. "No morale is reason why you are leaving", we did the no morale thing and won in knossos(en). Check it out if you don't believe me.

The fact is that the new server opened up and players had already started in Olympia BEFORE the op was executed. They defended half heartedly and lost yes. I will give you that aspect of the argument. But even if they successfully defended, you would still be talking about they cowardly walked away.

You see what you want to see and not the whole story which is your opinion.

I was talking about DA, not about you as a person. Then again, cutting the construction time once or twice is more than enough already to diminish the difference the servers have. If you piously build up your cities without spending a dime, sure, I'll hand it to you, a speed 3 world is faster than a speed 2 world. But we're not fooling ourselves here, we spend as much gold as we deem necessary. If you cut it once, that's your cup of tea. If your alliance members cut it thrice, that's their cup of tea. Bottom line is, the only time you're actually building cities because you need to get them up to strength, is the first 1~2 months of the server. After that, all cities are built up for you already - unless you go after all the tiny 2k players (hey, no morale on Olympia, hooza!) because they can't fight back, you'll be conquering 10k+ cities within 3 months time. Sure, you'll have to conquer a smaller city due to sheer strategical position. But if you have 10 cities to funnel resources there, 10 cities up to full power with their armies built, I think you wouldn't give a damn about the fact it takes 2 weeks to build up the city - you build up the farm (with a little gold) to 40 (45 in this case) within 2 days, maybe another 1 or 2 days for your barracks, phew, all the time you lost by doing that. A whopping 4 days before you could push out your armies - the rest of the city is mere convenience, it doesn't matter wether you build it in a week, a month, or sit back and take 2 to finish it: it can build the max ammount of units, that's all that counts.

I'm still not entirely sure why it's such a disgrace to admit you quit this world because it didn't go the way you guys intended to. I've read a post on the DA forum (PM'd to me by external source, Ascension does not spy on its own) that quite clearly states the core of DA left because of a failed OP and rebuttal from the provoked alliances.

Now, I'm not the best reader out there, but it's quite apparant from this post that the majority of DA left due to a failed OP and the retribution of several alliances, not because a speed 3 world opened up that was so much better, faster, interesting - whatever way you want to call it. Sure, it might've been convenient that it opened up just around the time the majority of DA left, but I'm quite positive there still would've been quite some DA left on Naxos if your OP had went alright.

Cheers,

Acu

DeletedUser39

You guys keep harping on the same issues. "No morale is reason why you are leaving", we did the no morale thing and won in knossos(en). Check it out if you don't believe me.

The fact is that the new server opened up and players had already started in Olympia BEFORE the op was executed. They defended half heartedly and lost yes. I will give you that aspect of the argument. But even if they successfully defended, you would still be talking about they cowardly walked away.

You see what you want to see and not the whole story which is your opinion.

Wether you left because it's no morale or not is not something I care about, it just happens to be so that it's no morale. I gave an example of one of the few reasons you'd be conquering a 2k city.

Furthermore, I stated I believe there still would be a decent playerbase from DA left on Naxos if your OP had went okay - there'd be no calling them out on 'running away', because they'd still be around. However, those are 'what if' cases.

DeletedUser

That is not a contradiction:

Building speeds are different. If it isnt that much of a difference to you, then try playing a speed 1 world and tell me if isn't a big difference than speed 2 in the long run. Investing less than month to switch to a much faster server is worth it in my opinion.
A much faster server? The only thing faster is building cities, not fighting. Now you have to go through the entire build phase of a month instead of waiting for a longer time on building. If all you have to do is wait for the building time to end, you must not be spending enough time on fighting.

DeletedUser

A much faster server? The only thing faster is building cities, not fighting. Now you have to go through the entire build phase of a month instead of waiting for a longer time on building. If all you have to do is wait for the building time to end, you must not be spending enough time on fighting.

No they will fight they just want no moral so they can act all big and bad when they gold and whoop up on small players the whole server. I've played no morale and its so stupidly easy it isn't even funny. Morale is where the people who like a challenge go because nothing is harder than taking a stacked city with low morale! lol

DeletedUser4615

You apparently don't know how to read because I have answered that question 3 times.

No they will fight they just want no moral so they can act all big and bad when they gold and whoop up on small players the whole server. I've played no morale and its so stupidly easy it isn't even funny. Morale is where the people who like a challenge go because nothing is harder than taking a stacked city with low morale! lol

DeletedUser7749

What I don't understand is ...... THEN WHY EVEN START ON THE NAXOS SERVER? I may have an answer. Was it to build us nice cities to take?

DeletedUser

What I don't understand is ...... THEN WHY EVEN START ON THE NAXOS SERVER? I may have an answer. Was it to build us nice cities to take?

Maybe they liked to play with Legos a lot when they were younger.

DeletedUser7260

Maybe they liked to play with Legos a lot when they were younger.

*Nods Heads* Who didn't like playing with legos? Or the lesser expensive Jenga blocks. :'(
I would stack those into buildings and pretend I was godzilla. rawr!

DeletedUser

You apparently don't know how to read because I have answered that question 3 times.

LMAO Well apparently you're the one who cant read because...

A) I was replying to Joshua hence my quote referring to something he said not you.
B) Didn't even ask you a question bro.

All you have done is go through here and throw a fit and make excuses all of us have moved on from it I suggest you do the same! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3784

Honestly, the odds that any alliance around now will be around, or have the same name, by the end is highly unlikely in my experience. So instead I'll just make fun of all the alliances in the top 10.

1) Ascension. Sure they are good attackers, but I was once invited to skype with them and quickly had to shut everything down when I saw they were all wearing bras on their heads and trying to create a girl that looked like Kelly LeBrock with one of the Administrator features. I'm afraid to go back to that chat room.

2) Evisceration. Rumor is that half their alliance is on death row in prison. They seem to get an awful lot of "internet time" there on death row. I'm sure none of it is pr0n either.

3) Sea Wolves. Outside of the girls in this group, most of the rest of them are wussies. Don't mess with the girls though, they are real "sea <redacted>".

4) Honey Badgers. All LSU fans, and that's about the worst thing I can say about anyone. Roll Tide.

5) The Plague. Their first thought was to name themselves after the most worthless spell in the game. Dealing with them will only suck up about 50% of your resources and they'll be spent in 3 hours. On the plus side they are countered by Happiness.

6) The Faction. They hide out in O56 supposedly. No one is quite sure where that is. They are like the uni-bomber. Don't open mail from any of their members.

7) Ghost Pirates. Wait wasn't that a Disney movie? Yeah right, there were pirates that became ghosts and everyone laughed when one of their eyeballs fell out of its socket and rolled around on the deck of the ship. Yep, that's them to a tee.

8 ) Reboot Naxos. Their members thought this team name would act like SQL injection on the Innogames servers and give them a fresh start. Fingers are still crossed for the failed hackers.

9) Vulcan. Home of the Star Trek nerds on this server apparently. Because nothing fits ancient Greece like a futuristic planet of aliens named after the Roman god of fire.

10) Numbers And Figures. Your leader was named after the toilet company right? I've been to Lowe's. <Insert your own bathroom humor here>

Is everyone offended yet? I must try harder next time.

DeletedUser

LOL Pretty funny Para. Yes I plan on being offended as soon as I get done laughing. Might be a few minutes so please stand by.

DeletedUser3109

Pretty Hilarious, You should try Sit-Down Comedy more often.

DeletedUser

7) Ghost Pirates. Wait wasn't that a Disney movie? Yeah right, there were pirates that became ghosts and everyone laughed when one of their eyeballs fell out of its socket and rolled around on the deck of the ship. Yep, that's them to a tee.
smiley_emoticons_pirat5.gif
smiley_emoticons_pirate3_biggrin.gif

DeletedUser

6) The Faction. They hide out in O56 supposedly. No one is quite sure where that is. They are like the uni-bomber. Don't open mail from any of their members.

I love this. I too will be offended once I stop laughing.

No I won't, actually, that's probably not bad advice :p

DeletedUser

Call it what you will my friend. I am saying that if DA was trying to defend, you would not have gotten one city. Again, you are more than welcome to bring your clan to Olympia and prove me wrong. I am guessing that you won't and fight amongst second tier people here.

09-11-2014, 02:16 AM #62
Citizen
Name Changers first to win war - Havoc is disbanded now after one weekend of attacks.

DeletedUser3784

Welcome North Vikings to the top 10. Apparently they don't want to be confused with the South Vikings, also known as "Sicilians".

DeletedUser3109

My Top 12- Authentic From the Rim- Brought to you by Portopolis and Authentic Rum.
1.Evisceration- They control 53/54 and and a large stake in 55. They are destroying North Vikings in 64/63 taking 16 cities from their leader and formerly largest player ralldritsva who just suffered a defeat from the same ocean in Lamia ( Mamluks took over 64). Going somewhere definitely.

2.Honey Badgers-located in every core ocean besides 54. Just like Evis several players I have heard of before but this time from Phi. These guys control mostly 45 and 55 with a little in 34 and 44. At war with The Ritchie Boys.

3.Sea Wolves- Going Great and located in 45/44 controlling 2 core oceans. They seem to be beating up on Inner Circle.

4.The Faction 55/57/56 entering 66 through destroying Nexus. Another Group of guys from Phi.

5.Ghost Pirates- 45/46 and large amounts n 55/47/35 and 36. Growing slowly and not sure who they are at war with. Lowest top 5 average.

6.TRB- Don't know anything about them

7. Ascension- ??? I still don't understand fully

8.Vikigndom- A merge in where a smaller alliance took in a bigger alliance to merge into now controlling 65/75 with a large portion in 64 and 55.

9.Faction.- See Faction

10. Numbers and Figures-Based in 35/45 with a little in 34. Growing slowly but this can be attributed to an increase in point by thier academy.

11.Eviscerate- See Evisceration

12. North Vikings- control 64 and 63. They are getting hit hard by the alliance Evisceration. Depending on what Vikingdom do this might change the war into a good or bad effect for NV. Their leader came from a crushing defeat in Lamia.

Last edited by a moderator: