Top 12 alliances...

DeletedUser

I agree, and for that I apologize. I do not allow anything that would call into question the integrity of my team. I can assure you I will handle this swiftly and in the harshest manner possible.

DeletedUser

Wow, talk about a major derail. Went from talking about top alliances to raking people over the coals.

The group being picked on now, (Knock Knock) the crown winners of Nu...they only have a handful of those NU players here in Nax. They did have competition from US Army and their allies. I was with them til my computer crashed. While the player base and skill levels here in the US servers is smaller than the EN servers it is getting better. People leaving speed 1 and 2 worlds to play a speed 3 world isn't anything new. It's a very noticeable change.

Might as well delete this whole thread and start over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, talk about a major derail. Went from talking about top alliances to raking people over the coals.

The group being picked on now, (Knock Knock) the crown winners of Nu...they only have a handful of those NU players here in Nax. They did have competition from US Army and their allies. I was with them til my computer crashed. While the player base and skill levels here in the US servers is smaller than the EN servers it is getting better. People leaving speed 1 and 2 worlds to play a speed 3 world isn't anything new. It's a very noticeable change.

I'm not sure what happened that got everyone upset but 5 of the big alliances jumping on 1 for a personal vendetta doesn't seem like something to brag about to me. Could the outcome be anything different? It's a game people!

Might as well delete this whole thread and start over.

Last I checked it was 30-40 crown winners in DA when we started the op on them... That is a few more then a handful. Plus you forget it was DA, PP, Dimensions, and other allies vs Asc, Sea Wolves, and Evis... So 3-3. It isnt our fault that PP crumbled too fast.

DeletedUser

First you say:
People leaving speed 1 and 2 worlds to play a speed 3 world isn't anything new. It's a very noticeable change.
then it changes to
I'm not sure what happened that got everyone upset but 5 of the big alliances jumping on 1 for a personal vendetta doesn't seem like something to brag about to me
So which is it they left because 5 alliances teamed up on them or they left for a speed 3 world.
Also you make it sound like a coalition was formed to get them down. 16 cities taken isn't a coalition creating a top priority to eliminate an alliance

DeletedUser7749

I find this funny... in a war game you get attacked. You may lose a city. THE QUESTION IS..... are you gonna cry and quit? This is a team game, I have lost cities for the greater good before..... why let PRIDE get in the way..... I have very little respect for any who run to a server, to vm... etc,,,,

DeletedUser7600

I was following the intel on this the entire time and they def. were trying to save those cities and the fact that they were being hit on multiple fronts by multiple enemies in no way implies that there was any kind of "coalition" From what I saw there were 2 alliances that were pact' and they were running tandem strikes but the remaining alliances were running mainly on there own.

By the way, where the he11 is our free popcorn.....:)

DeletedUser

I took back the comment on the big 5 because I don't know the details. All I know is this is a game and if a new player sees the way people get treated when they lose...why would they want to put themselves through that? The most important part of this game is the people who play it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I've had my butt handed to me several times when I first started. It happens. But I didn't get crushed on the externals when it happened. I don't know if they left because of the rimming or the speed world. I'm not trying to single anyone out. This game counts on word of mouth to grow somewhat. While I agree with freedom of speech the harsh treatment of people reflects on all of us.

DeletedUser

Wait the way new players get treated when they loose? as in the cities taken were from new players?? :D lol thought they were so wonderfully good after winning a crown :p

DeletedUser

Joshua: You knew what he meant

Zennor: WOW you sound like a noob. Question, have you ever looked at the externals before? Between here and the en server, I would guess that there's been a very large quantity of posts about alliances losing. I can't say that number for sure obviously, but very, very easily 5k-30k (broad range since I don't feel like counting that many posts lol), maybe more.

People LOVE to insult the alliance they just beat-up on. The only time it doesn't happen is when neither side of a war uses the externals. Otherwise, there's always some trash talking.

DeletedUser

I took back the comment on the big 5 because I don't know the details. All I know is this is a game and if a new player sees the way people get treated when they lose...why would they want to put themselves through that? The most important part of this game is the people who play it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I've had my butt handed to me several times when I first started. It happens. But I didn't get crushed on the externals when it happened. I don't know if they left because of the rimming or the speed world. I'm not trying to single anyone out. This game counts on word of mouth to grow somewhat. While I agree with freedom of speech the harsh treatment of people reflects on all of us.

I wasnt ripping them too bad. I was more sad that they didnt put up more of a fight... THats what was sad. In order to be the best you have to beat the best, and I was under the impression that Knock Knock was one of the very best in any server :)

DeletedUser39

The argument that DA 'left for a faster world', seems like a rather shallow one to me. First of all, the unit speed is the same, which means everything moves just as fast as it does on Naxos: if you're in trouble, you'd have just as much time to react here in Naxos as over there on Olympia.

Well, secondly, indeed, Olympia is a speed 3 world, Naxos a speed 2 world. This means everything is SO much faster. Like, 1.5 times. Wow. Your timber camp takes 2 hours instead of 3!

Now, as I payed a little attention to the growth pattern of most DA players, I think it's safe to state (some of) you use gold in large quantities. I use gold myself as well, so I know damn well how to use it: to cut down the construction time of buildings, units, etc.

So, let's hold up here for a second. That timber camp that took us 3 hours here on Naxos; I don't feel like waiting that long, let me cut it 7 times. Would build in roughly 1 minute and 24 seconds - not too shabby

Now, on the much faster Olympia, it would only take 2 hours. But still, that's so damn slow, I'll chop it in half 7 times. Damn, I'm amazed, the difference is astounding: 56 seconds instead of 1 minute and 24 seconds! Those 28 seconds you saved by hopping to the next server... Damn right that's worth it!

Now, for real, if you guys are telling yourself this, that's rubbish. You know how to play with gold, you're not shy to use it either. 'waiting time' is a mere concept that's subject to change, as much as you feel like spending on having it changed. And don't get me started on producing 1.5 times more resources: a few months into the server you're sitting on so much resources you'd rather cut down a few building levels to slow your production, because your warehouse overflows otherwise. You chose to forfeit after the dead weight you had tied to your feet dragged you down. You tried to teach a couple new players the ropes, tried to help them get somewhere and they didn't bat an eye. You got your ass handed to you, but rather than admitting it, saying you got screwed by a couple of members, you come up with excuses, excuses and more excuses - and the best of it all, is the fact that the guy defending DA's ass here didn't even play the server.

Like mflip stated, to be the best, you have to beat the best. You got beaten, that's fact, not fiction. Maybe in future encounters, you'll hand our ass to us. And I hope we'll bow our head and salute you, rather than throwing crap at your faces for 'not having your facts right'.

Cheers,

Acu

DeletedUser8562

Joshua: You knew what he meant

Zennor: WOW you sound like a noob. Question, have you ever looked at the externals before? Between here and the en server, I would guess that there's been a very large quantity of posts about alliances losing. I can't say that number for sure obviously, but very, very easily 5k-30k (broad range since I don't feel like counting that many posts lol), maybe more.

People LOVE to insult the alliance they just beat-up on. The only time it doesn't happen is when neither side of a war uses the externals. Otherwise, there's always some trash talking.

he only has 3 posts give him a break

DeletedUser4615

You must have an endless supply of money if you cut EVERYTHING 7 times using gold. Personally, I don't cut buildings more than once and that is at the very beginning stage of the world. I buy my gold in the beginning and it lasts me the whole entire server.

Your example of a 3 hour timber camp would be somewhere around level 20 (not sure exactly). A level 40 timber camp on a speed 3 world is approximately 7 hours which means on a speed 2 world it is somewhere around 10 hours. I can't give the exact figures because I can't find it in the wiki. that's a 3 hour difference for just one building for one particular level in one city alone. imagine having more than 50 cities. 100 cities. You may not care about it and everyone else on this server may not, but I would rather spend my time fighting than building up my cities.

Again, Unless it's the very beginning stage of the server, I am not using gold to cut down build times. Even then, I will not cut each thing 7 times.

The argument that DA 'left for a faster world', seems like a rather shallow one to me. First of all, the unit speed is the same, which means everything moves just as fast as it does on Naxos: if you're in trouble, you'd have just as much time to react here in Naxos as over there on Olympia.

Well, secondly, indeed, Olympia is a speed 3 world, Naxos a speed 2 world. This means everything is SO much faster. Like, 1.5 times. Wow. Your timber camp takes 2 hours instead of 3!

Now, as I payed a little attention to the growth pattern of most DA players, I think it's safe to state (some of) you use gold in large quantities. I use gold myself as well, so I know damn well how to use it: to cut down the construction time of buildings, units, etc.

So, let's hold up here for a second. That timber camp that took us 3 hours here on Naxos; I don't feel like waiting that long, let me cut it 7 times. Would build in roughly 1 minute and 24 seconds - not too shabby

Now, on the much faster Olympia, it would only take 2 hours. But still, that's so damn slow, I'll chop it in half 7 times. Damn, I'm amazed, the difference is astounding: 56 seconds instead of 1 minute and 24 seconds! Those 28 seconds you saved by hopping to the next server... Damn right that's worth it!

Now, for real, if you guys are telling yourself this, that's rubbish. You know how to play with gold, you're not shy to use it either. 'waiting time' is a mere concept that's subject to change, as much as you feel like spending on having it changed. And don't get me started on producing 1.5 times more resources: a few months into the server you're sitting on so much resources you'd rather cut down a few building levels to slow your production, because your warehouse overflows otherwise. You chose to forfeit after the dead weight you had tied to your feet dragged you down. You tried to teach a couple new players the ropes, tried to help them get somewhere and they didn't bat an eye. You got your ass handed to you, but rather than admitting it, saying you got screwed by a couple of members, you come up with excuses, excuses and more excuses - and the best of it all, is the fact that the guy defending DA's ass here didn't even play the server.

Like mflip stated, to be the best, you have to beat the best. You got beaten, that's fact, not fiction. Maybe in future encounters, you'll hand our ass to us. And I hope we'll bow our head and salute you, rather than throwing crap at your faces for 'not having your facts right'.

Cheers,

Acu

DeletedUser

long before you get to 50 citys you should be taking citys that dont need so much attention, your excuses are rediculous, you should be more worried about building troops with 50 citys and getting things done then the 2 or 3 buildings a city that need attention here and there that are easily remedied while tending to other citys and troops. sound more like your worried about simming and the time that takes then fighting,which is probably wwhy you guys are running for the next server.

DeletedUser

You may not care about it and everyone else on this server may not, but I would rather spend my time fighting than building up my cities.
You say you would rather spend your time fighting than building up cities. If that's true why would you restart on an entirely new world (that will require the beginning build up phase again) that has the EXACT same unit speed? The only different thing about this new world is the building speed. Kind of contradicts your entire statement.

DeletedUser4615

Most of the time I do take cities that don't need much attention. But, in order to be thorough, you have to take cities that are not already built up completely. For example, if you want to completely own a whole island there needs to be someone who can take that 3k city and build it up, or even found a city.

By the way, 2 million in abps is someone is who is more concerned about fighting than simming. Or in your case, 500k in abps is someone who is more worried about simming. If you say that you were more defensive than I say back that your dbps are only 300k.

I just looked up your numbers from Kappa
You conquered 71 cities in total during the whole duration of the server. 10 were ghost, 10 were players not in an alliance, and 26 were internals (same alliance). That leaves 25 conquers from different alliances and I would bet that at least half of those are friendly. That sounds like a simmer to me than a fighter.

Check out my numbers and tell me if you think I am a simmer. I will even tell you what not to count: anything from alliance Whos there and LOD.

long before you get to 50 citys you should be taking citys that dont need so much attention, your excuses are rediculous, you should be more worried about building troops with 50 citys and getting things done then the 2 or 3 buildings a city that need attention here and there that are easily remedied while tending to other citys and troops. sound more like your worried about simming and the time that takes then fighting,which is probably wwhy you guys are running for the next server.

DeletedUser4615

That is not a contradiction:

Building speeds are different. If it isnt that much of a difference to you, then try playing a speed 1 world and tell me if isn't a big difference than speed 2 in the long run. Investing less than month to switch to a much faster server is worth it in my opinion.

You say you would rather spend your time fighting than building up cities. If that's true why would you restart on an entirely new world (that will require the beginning build up phase again) that has the EXACT same unit speed? The only different thing about this new world is the building speed. Kind of contradicts your entire statement.

DeletedUser

You rant on and on about stats and being fighters if this is the case why were you unable to cap my one city. There were 12 of you against just little ole me. Feel free to check my stats which admittedly are probably the most pathetic in the history of the game. It was your island from day one yet you let a red remain there and feed off you hefty farms (you did level up the farms quite nicely and for that I thank you)