DeletedUser

are your pants too tight? do your feet hurt?

whats with the hostility? Its just a game bro

-Jack

Really Its just a game... Why is noxnox using an ip tracker then? Seems like helghast likes to take things much more seriously then just a game. Get rid of the garbage and lets go battle it out... We dont use ip trackers or any of that garbage.

Btw want to be a real alliance. Take a city from me. I am ready to tango anytime u guys want to

DeletedUser

The stats change everyday, it's just too close right now.
Sounds like some craziness is about to go down this weekend though.
It really all boils down to whichever large alliance absorbs the smaller alliances core players. Then you kick your inactives and your points will skyrocket. The key is to take the oceans one at a time, not just spread out (that'll be the strategy to use in the new sim world!)

DeletedUser723

Since everyone has SOOO much experience I thought I would state the obvious which a lot of you are clearly overlooking..
Success can be measured many different ways. You can say I'm not a great player all you want but what it comes down to is this.....
(I'll try to keep it simple for you)

You can gain 2 CP per city per day by running a festival every 12 hours. 1 click every 12 hours. done and done.
or...
You can(maybe) gain 1 CP per city per day by building 300+ units and killing 300+ units (at my level morale makes this difficult to do, its more like 600 units per 300 ABP) Also, in this option you have to consider the effort it takes to plan trip times, coordinate with LS clearing waves, and even choosing which units to build in each cities barracks. This is also only available with your offensive cities. (Defense cities we can exclude since the BP gain is subjective)

Now we all do need to attack to gain cities so of course this is were the ABP part has to come into play. The question here is, which is better?
Total ABP (most damage done)
or
ABP per city gained (most effective damage with the proof showing in the results)

Honestly you can talk bad about my ABP all you want, which again is #6 on the server (only 1 Hg member above me). But what this all means is I am a more effective player statistically and strategically than anyone that does not surpass me in ABP per city gained. And guess what? There aren't many players on the server with a better ABP/city than me. Which might be why I hold the number 1 spot? Then again I could be wrong, since you have sooo much experience.

As Zen said. I appreciate good battles, and I have had a few. Props to those DLF and TC members (you know who you are). This is why I am on a warpath straight for Helghast. Since that is where the "good" players are. Time will tell, friends.

DeletedUser

Zemina, great spam wall, filled with lots of useless defensiveness.

A few key points and thats all

1 - Lets define what I mean mean by effective, I'm sure most would agree. This is a WAR game so battle points would be the best indicatior of effectiveness. If we were playing sims by all means you have outbuilt us, there has been no denying the building points you have. But for every point we have, we kill more. You even showed us that stat yourself. So how is it your twice as effective as us on the player level again? We're looking for stats here, showing that your points are more effective in combat than ours. If you can show that, sure I'll admit your better.. not until then, your just buying your success and we all know it.

2 - You admitted to having a NAP/PACT with the top 4 alliances.. now we're fighting the top 2 plus others. You say we're fighting 11,12,whatever? Well yes we're fighting everybody (well most everybody) glad you picked up on that. Your alliance, 15 mil. Our alliance, 5 mil. So you've got 10 mil on us. Our secondary enemies nearly add up to the same size as us, and not a single one do we have a 10 mil advantage on. You can't even begin to try and say you have anywhere near as hard as a battle as we're fighting and enjoying, so may want to try and use another angle as this one will fail every time.

3 - About your city, sure - effort is great but city ownership and teammates that can time is better. However, I'll drop this one as you gave respect for the takeover. I will not reply to a nice complement by being mean, at least not now. Thanks for the respect, I'll pass that on to Ron... always fun to have some positives in the propoganda we spew out here :)

4 - As far as trading EN usernames, do your homework and find them out yourself. We already know who you are and where your from. Now you go out and do your homework like my original post requested if you want the same info from us. If not, thats fine too it really doesn't matter, right? This is the only world that matters now. I was just trying to give you something to look into that would have interesting results should you try and succeed. May make it sweater for some of you, maybe not.

5 - As far as who will win, thats a good question. It could be TA, it could be some random alliance that doesn't even exist currently, or any other number of the Top 10 that work diplomacy to their advantage. Because, after all, winning grepolis after we moved into the 2.0 version became who can sim the best, not fight the best. The title "winner" really is up for grabs. We're just going for "most effective", "most annoying", or "one hell of a fight". Winner would be ok also, but not our primary concern as we want to fight.. and thats what we're doing and will keep doing until we kill you or you kill us. And if we kill you, Flippy over there can be next.. I actually hear he has some skills in leadership and combat, but have yet to directly interact with him at all except for this random side comment.

As far as your most recent post, I think you need to stop trying to win with math lol its not working.
I'm not even the highest ABP in my alliance and lets compare our "ABP per city"
Your cities: 50. ABP: 134245. Per city: 2864.9
My Cities: 21. ABP: 88929. Per City: 4234.7

So did you just admit that I'm better than you (and more HG players are higher than this) because:
"But what this all means is I am a more effective player statistically and strategically than anyone that does not surpass me in ABP per city gained"

I mean damn what side are you arguing for? :)

OH and finally, flippy I can promise you noxnox is not using an IP tracker. Get your facts right.

DeletedUser423

Really Its just a game... Why is noxnox using an ip tracker then? Seems like helghast likes to take things much more seriously then just a game. Get rid of the garbage and lets go battle it out... We dont use ip trackers or any of that garbage.

Btw want to be a real alliance. Take a city from me. I am ready to tango anytime u guys want to

What is IP tracker?!?!?
Also,you report me several times?:eek:So much about *YOUR WAY OF FIGHT*thisisgrepolis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser723

As far as your most recent post, I think you need to stop trying to win with math lol its not working.
I'm not even the highest ABP in my alliance and lets compare our "ABP per city"
Your cities: 50. ABP: 134245. Per city: 2864.9
My Cities: 21. ABP: 88929. Per City: 4234.7

So did you just admit that I'm better than you (and more HG players are higher than this) because:
"But what this all means is I am a more effective player statistically and strategically than anyone that does not surpass me in ABP per city gained"

I mean damn what side are you arguing for? :)

As I said before success can be measured in different ways. What I was trying to simplify for you is the fact that I take my cities on the first try so I don't have all that ABP from failed attempts like you do. what you have shown here is that you have spent more resources per city than me building units that have, in the end, only taken less than half of the cities that I have.

Lets get this in the open.
Yes I use gold for premiums(your're welcome inno). I also use it to replace any cp I spend fixing broken academy trees(only if absolutely needed). Other than that I have used effective trading and resource management to continuously run festivals in most of my cities. I assure you my alliance members would 100% agree with this as I have discussed my resource and trading management with them in our forums. (Yeah I would be great at playing the sims or farmville).

However, if you think this makes me weak militarily, I say, ask my former enemies. Ask anyone I have taken a city from. Ask your own members who I have taken cities from or attacked. See if they think so. If you still want to consider me a non-threatening player offensively then that is your mistake. One which you will realize soon enough.

BP is great, but in the end it takes a combination of many skills to win a grepo server. For example:
Strategy, economics, politics, the ability to maintain a functioning alliance composed of members who also possess these skills along with choosing the right friends and knowing when, where, and how to effectively involve yourselves in "wars".

DeletedUser912

ok. is that all it takes to be a real alliance? sweet! I didn't realize how important you were! I want your approval so bad.. I may just have to take you up on that offer!

lol

and what gives you the idea that noxnox is using an IP tracker? what ever that is?

..I may be stopping by for a beer later, so stock the fridge would ya? I'm partial to Coors Banquet beer...

I may bring some friends, so don't hesitate to buy extra beer.

-Jack

DeletedUser

I am forced to respond to this as a statistician. First of all, abp/city is an awful measurement of an alliance. An alliance's abp is only measured as the abp players accumulate while in that alliance. If a player with a lot of cities joins an alliance, the alliance's number of cities goes up, but its abp does not. If a player leaves an alliance, that alliance's number of cities drop, but its abp does not. I'm not saying this make either person's case any better, but it's a too flawed of a measurement.

Secondly, why the hell would you measure how good a player is by abp or abp per city anyway? I can build nukes and attack people all day and get abp. If it doesn't help me progress in the game or gain cities, what's the point. You're usually giving the other player more dbp than you are gaining in abp. Besides, if you are impressed by abp, Ascension blows Helghast out the water by moving to #2 in only 8 weeks. It took 4 months for Helghast to get all their abp.

DeletedUser912

I am forced to respond to this as a statistician. First of all, abp/city is an awful measurement of an alliance. An alliance's abp is only measured as the abp players accumulate while in that alliance. If a player with a lot of cities joins an alliance, the alliance's number of cities goes up, but its abp does not. If a player leaves an alliance, that alliance's number of cities drop, but its abp does not. I'm not saying this make either person's case any better, but it's a too flawed of a measurement.

Secondly, why the hell would you measure how good a player is by abp or abp per city anyway? I can build nukes and attack people all day and get abp. If it doesn't help me progress in the game or gain cities, what's the point. You're usually giving the other player more dbp than you are gaining in abp. Besides, if you are impressed by abp, Ascension blows Helghast out the water by moving to #2 in only 8 weeks. It took 4 months for Helghast to get all their abp.

yep, you are awesome!

simply awesome!

you are my hero!

did I mention how awesome you are?

well.. since I'm kinda forgetful...

I'll say it now just in case folks didn't get what you were saying..

You are pretty sure you are AWESOME! and I AGREE!! its useless for anyone that isn't you to even play this game.

cause you are so awesome.

I bow to your awesomeness. and am making plans to quit right now.

-Jack

DeletedUser723

On a side note, I just noticed the tags for this thread.....

DeletedUser

I Agree. It wasn't me who brought that stat up, read again. I was simply replying that the argument made using that data did not make sense. But on the good note look how much forum activity we've had in the last two days... :)

....I take my cities on the first try....

Zenema lost his first try :)

And When we're fighting players 100 times smaller than us we take it first try also. Don't make me post the attacks you just sent against us man, stop while your ahead.. those attacks were too big to be fakes and too small to have a point... maybe they were a bp gift?

DeletedUser

So, we aren't supposed to say one alliance is better than another in a thread entitled "Top 12 Alliances!!!"? In that case, let's put all 224 alliances in the top 12. Or should we at least leave out the ones with no cities? There are 216 Alliances in the top 12, and they are equally awesome!

DeletedUser

We are. But we're supposed to make sense when we do it. And when we go off track talking about players instead of entire alliances mods are supposed to remind us to stay on track. But hey, at least we've got some activity right?

DeletedUser723

And When we're fighting players 100 times smaller than us we take it first try also. Don't make me post the attacks you just sent against us man, stop while your ahead.. those attacks were too big to be fakes and too small to have a point... maybe they were a bp gift?

Consider them a test. Just dipping my toes in the water to see how you guys respond. There were more ready to follow those but I had more pressing issues that needed my real attacks.

Grats on zen's city btw. I still feel guilty for showing up so late to that party....

DeletedUser

ah, very true. must have found a low resistance target to divert your troops to instead of attacking the main threat. Got it. :)
And damn with short messages its hard to find **** to harass each other about.. much easier with text walls.

DeletedUser

ah, very true. must have found a low resistance target to divert your troops to instead of attacking the main threat. Got it. :)
And damn with short messages its hard to find **** to harass each other about.. much easier with text walls.

I hate it but... I have to admit TKH finally found a way to slow us down. Just leave all there cities empty for conquest. I look forward to seeing cities stacked with troops and working to figure out how to take them. :) I am always up for a good challenge. I also love the activity on here. Gotta give it to you guys, you are making this game a whole lot of fun...

DeletedUser723

<On Track>

1. The Ancients - still the largest power on the server, with Ascension sharing their dominance it will be a long time before this group falters.

2. Ascension - Basically TA#2, though seemingly they have more motivation than their partners in crime. This alliance has quickly become well known in all areas of success.

3. Lords of Titus - Steadily spreading across the southern regions this alliance has basically remained unopposed in their area. There has yet to be any sign of aggression with their northern neighbors TA and ASC. There has yet to be any reason for that as well.

4. In Andronici Memorandum - Basically LoT#2, definitely another power house. No reason to take these guys lightly as they have joined LoT in all fighting down south. Also unopposed and gaining more experience every day.

5. Helghast - With a few very experienced and coordinated players in their front lines, this alliance has posed the only resistance to the TA/ASC combo. Their expansion is slow yet steady. They have also openly called out TA and the war here seems to have no end.

6. The Knight Hospitaller - With the falling of multiple alliances in their area, TKH has scooped up many players into their ranks for an incredible point boost recently. However, being at war with TA/ASC and LoT/IAM, this alliance has started to lose ground. Time will tell as to whether this alliance has what it takes to survive. If they do..... We all better beware.

7. nEver - The sleeping giant. This alliance has been growing alarmingly large on the outskirts of the world. We have not seen any major combat from them yet. The worst enemy is the one you never see coming. I wonder how things will play out when these guys jump into the action.

8. The Districts Ascending - These ex District members came together to form a top 10 alliance. With many of their previous team members in TA and ASC, they have lived without fear in a wide spread area. Now they are showing a large growth rate and have been successfully taking on multiple alliances in multiple oceans. Definitely deserving of the rank they are in.

9. Legion of Honor - They came out of nowhere! This MRA recently appeared on the radar screen and though they haven't posed much of a threat yet, they should not be underestimated.

10. New World - Some of the strangest tactics I have seen. This alliance has lost much ground all over the map, yet somehow keeps gaining it back like a fist full of sand. If their tactics improve, their ability to continuously grow will pose a major threat down the road.

11&12. Terra nova & OTT - From what I hear, both peaceful alliances. Though I have seen expansion even into Helghast land, these guys are still green and too far from me to make a decent estimate of military strength and capability.

DeletedUser912

<On Track>

1. The Ancients - still the largest power on the server, with Ascension sharing their dominance it will be a long time before this group falters.

2. Ascension - Basically TA#2, though seemingly they have more motivation than their partners in crime. This alliance has quickly become well known in all areas of success.

3. Lords of Titus - Steadily spreading across the southern regions this alliance has basically remained unopposed in their area. There has yet to be any sign of aggression with their northern neighbors TA and ASC. There has yet to be any reason for that as well.

4. In Andronici Memorandum - Basically LoT#2, definitely another power house. No reason to take these guys lightly as they have joined LoT in all fighting down south. Also unopposed and gaining more experience every day.

5. Helghast - With a few very experienced and coordinated players in their front lines, this alliance has posed the only resistance to the TA/ASC combo. Their expansion is slow yet steady. They have also openly called out TA and the war here seems to have no end.

6. The Knight Hospitaller - With the falling of multiple alliances in their area, TKH has scooped up many players into their ranks for an incredible point boost recently. However, being at war with TA/ASC and LoT/IAM, this alliance has started to lose ground. Time will tell as to whether this alliance has what it takes to survive. If they do..... We all better beware.

7. nEver - The sleeping giant. This alliance has been growing alarmingly large on the outskirts of the world. We have not seen any major combat from them yet. The worst enemy is the one you never see coming. I wonder how things will play out when these guys jump into the action.

8. The Districts Ascending - These ex District members came together to form a top 10 alliance. With many of their previous team members in TA and ASC, they have lived without fear in a wide spread area. Now they are showing a large growth rate and have been successfully taking on multiple alliances in multiple oceans. Definitely deserving of the rank they are in.

9. Legion of Honor - They came out of nowhere! This MRA recently appeared on the radar screen and though they haven't posed much of a threat yet, they should not be underestimated.

10. New World - Some of the strangest tactics I have seen. This alliance has lost much ground all over the map, yet somehow keeps gaining it back like a fist full of sand. If their tactics improve, their ability to continuously grow will pose a major threat down the road.

11&12. Terra nova & OTT - From what I hear, both peaceful alliances. Though I have seen expansion even into Helghast land, these guys are still green and too far from me to make a decent estimate of military strength and capability.

finally! back on topic!

I hereby grant you permission to post, here-forward.... lol

you should take this newly granted permission seriously..

cause I r DA BOSS! serious I M!

ok, kidding aside, I think you are placing too much emphasis on points.

fighters win worlds.. not sim-city players. Its really that simple.

-Jack

DeletedUser723

finally! back on topic!

I hereby grant you permission to post, here-forward.... lol

you should take this newly granted permission seriously..

cause I r DA BOSS! serious I M!

ok, kidding aside, I think you are placing too much emphasis on points.

fighters win worlds.. not sim-city players. Its really that simple.

-Jack

As we previously discussed, it is a combination of all things that win worlds. Fight to expand, expand to fight more. Therefor, expansion is a result of being a good fighter.

DeletedUser912

As we previously discussed, it is a combination of all things that win worlds. Fight to expand, expand to fight more. Therefor, expansion is a result of being a good fighter.

and yet.. expansion also can be the result of sim...

the best measure of good fighting is good fighting. always has been, always will be.

which is why I rank alliances more heavily on battle points... not so much on city points.

I'm really enjoying our little tussel in game.. you fellas don't just attack the unattended cities, or we wouldn't have any DBP at all.

I'm happy to report that you are happy enough to try to take cities from people that are playing also!

evidence stands as previously mentioned.

#1 defense didn't happen by simming.. lol

:)