Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser4586

It will be interesting to see the shakeout of the top alliances with a newer, faster world opening, I have met a few who said they are just spending time until a "better" world opens, could make some big differences.

And those people are fools. World Pi .... is the ultimate expression of Grepolis.
Speed 1. Unit Speed 1. Basic as it comes, and hard as nails.
This is the most challenging, amazing world to open in .usGrep

And few realize how wonderful it is.
Many will go to something ...fast. And howl their speedy victories in the forums.

Which leaves Pi to those who know the best game.
And know the game... best.

Alliance ratings will change rapidly in the next few weeks.
Expect this thread, the ratings, to change with happy abandon.

Edit, because I may be wrong:
Although, with luck, I am completely wrong... and peeps will understand the unique nature of Pi.
I hope many many thousands stay here, and this thread is the mainstay of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And those people are fools. World Pi .... is the ultimate expression of Grepolis.
Speed 1. Unit Speed 1. Basic as it comes, and hard as nails.
This is the most challenging, amazing world to open in .usGrep

And few realize how wonderful it is.
Many will go to something ...fast. And howl their speedy victories in the forums.

Which leaves Pi to those who know the best game.
And know the game... best.

Alliance ratings will change rapidly in the next few weeks.
Expect this thread, the ratings, to change with happy abandon.

Edit, because I may be wrong:
Although, with luck, I am completely wrong... and peeps will understand the unique nature of Pi.
I hope many many thousands stay here, and this thread is the mainstay of this forum.

Picking on people just because they have different preferences for world settings? Nice going.
Some prefer 1x, others 2x and others still 3x. Doesn't make anyone more pro than the other based on what settings they choose alone.

I, personally, prefer 2x worlds - a bit faster than 1x but not as speedy as 3x. But I don't bash anyone's choice of staying on a 1x/3x world or claim that I know the game best because I have chosen a different world than theirs. :)

"The ultimate expression of Grepolis" is a very loose term and it means different things to different players. You can call Pi that, sure, and I can call Rho or Omicron the same thing. And we can both be wrong. Mainly because you can't define how good a server is based on settings alone - they are just a small part; you have alliances, players, leaders, wars, PnPs and other things to consider before calling a server "ultimate" in any way. :)

DeletedUser4586

hehehe... Of course you are completely correct. (+1 rep for calling me out!)
I just hate seeing people run to the 'next big thing'.

It's always frustrating watching alliances collapse (I'm trying to watch which ones are suffering from this in-game right now and how it pertains to this thread), and also, the number of players taking a significant tumble over the course of a week upon the arrival of a new world. Don't get me wrong though, .usGrep needs the worlds to accommodate the popularity of the game. Which is very cool.

I do think a Speed 1, Unit Speed 1 world is the ultimate expression, the purest form, simply because, well, it's that number '1' that says it all. It's the base number. All the rest are sped up to make the game faster, not the other way around. (Just look at the original games on the .enServer, which I played. The game is based on speed 1.)

But, thanks for the response! It will be interesting to see how this thread changes in the next few weeks.

DeletedUser

You're right Speed 1 is the way the game was made. But as the game progresses through the years different settings are made to make sure that it's not always the same thing over and over again.
Neither of us is wrong in this argument - it's just opinion like I said. I'm not completely against playing x1 either.

Thanks for the rep, you got some back. ;)

I'll stop spamming the alliance discussion thread for Pi now.

DeletedUser

I think speed 1 is the greatest world to play. Simply because there is more espionage and tactical game play. You can't send an attack and destroy their forces before they even know that it happened.

DeletedUser

I love 1x. Let's go Rebels. :) PLAGA AND DEXTERA ARE GOING DOWN. Mwahahahahahahaha.

DeletedUser4586

I think speed 1 is the greatest world to play. Simply because there is more espionage and tactical game play. You can't send an attack and destroy their forces before they even know that it happened.

I love 1x. Let's go Rebels. :) PLAGA AND DEXTERA ARE GOING DOWN. Mwahahahahahahaha.

Thanks folks!

Yep, 'speed 1' is the best for many players. And 'unit speed 1' makes it even more pure.
And deeply painful and difficult for those with short attention spans.
When the game was designed, much was taken into consideration. One factor was that players need Real Life.
Faster (and faster) worlds corrode this Real Life factor, favoring those that have none. (heh!)

And to bring this discussion back on topic...
When people begin to feel the fatigue of speed 1, that awful, slow, painful commitment, they will leave.

Much of this thread will change, but being it 'is' speed 1.....
It will change very slowly. *wide grin*
Love this stuff!

DeletedUser

And to clear up the air on the whole MRA topic, sure, you can consider us one of those. . . but we've trimmed the fat HARDCORE and we're consistently on the rise. We cut those who don't partake in fun, who don't stay active in the forums, and I'm pretty sure we're going to become even smaller after eliminating Plaga Mortis and Dextera Mortis (which has almost occurred.) But, somehow, someway, the build-up of our alliances have turned out for the best as we have acquired some of the strongest players in this world. We have become number 1 since like three weeks ago and we've been excelling at a prestigious rate in a speed 1 world. What I'm trying to say is. . . don't just categorize us as an MRA. We are very strong, very united. And we definitely have solid foundation and credentials to meet in order to join. We just became the most popular alliance in the world. Hahahahaha. Who doesn't want to be a rebel?

DeletedUser

And to clear up the air on the whole MRA topic, sure, you can consider us one of those. . . but we've trimmed the fat HARDCORE and we're consistently on the rise. We cut those who don't partake in fun, who don't stay active in the forums, and I'm pretty sure we're going to become even smaller after eliminating Plaga Mortis and Dextera Mortis (which has almost occurred.) But, somehow, someway, the build-up of our alliances have turned out for the best as we have acquired some of the strongest players in this world. We have become number 1 since like three weeks ago and we've been excelling at a prestigious rate in a speed 1 world. What I'm trying to say is. . . don't just categorize us as an MRA. We are very strong, very united. And we definitely have solid foundation and credentials to meet in order to join. We just became the most popular alliance in the world. Hahahahaha. Who doesn't want to be a rebel?

I sure don't. Saw your horrific attacks in MU. You had how many people attack me and I was alone without outside support, they were just horrible attacks, you all never took a single village, I sniped over 8 CS you propelled me to #3 in defense points in that world (at that time) and I took 3 of your villages at that time. lol

What I find funny is that you now added no trash talking to us or our players as a reason for war!! lol I have to assume that is because thats why you attacked me. I belitted your alliance so much and you guy got so upset about it then.

But to the MRA. Mass recruiting is mass recruiting, even if you cut out the inactive players you still mass recruited. I would say your alliance is a mixed one. You had several players come over together and then mass recruited from there. How many sub alliances do you have? 1 or 2? If that is not Mass recruiting good grief what is?

As far as declaring dominance, it is still too early. Many groups of players fall apart or splinter over internal problems. Your pacts may all turn on you, the whole world may attack you. Not sure why any group would be pacted with you, not like there is a merge change, I would have to assume all those "training" alliances would be added first.

DeletedUser

Eh

I sure don't. Saw your horrific attacks in MU. You had how many people attack me and I was alone without outside support, they were just horrible attacks, you all never took a single village, I sniped over 8 CS you propelled me to #3 in defense points in that world (at that time) and I took 3 of your villages at that time. lol

What I find funny is that you now added no trash talking to us or our players as a reason for war!! lol I have to assume that is because thats why you attacked me. I belitted your alliance so much and you guy got so upset about it then.

But to the MRA. Mass recruiting is mass recruiting, even if you cut out the inactive players you still mass recruited. I would say your alliance is a mixed one. You had several players come over together and then mass recruited from there. How many sub alliances do you have? 1 or 2? If that is not Mass recruiting good grief what is?

As far as declaring dominance, it is still too early. Many groups of players fall apart or splinter over internal problems. Your pacts may all turn on you, the whole world may attack you. Not sure why any group would be pacted with you, not like there is a merge change, I would have to assume all those "training" alliances would be added first.

Well, first off, I was never part of The Rebellion of Mu. In fact, Mu failed. As well as Nu. I was never a leader or a founder in Mu so that's irrelevant (for the most part, because we still use the name). We've headed in a way different direction in Pi.

And, trash-talking, eh, it's whatever. It's a war-game. Trash-talking is part of the fun. :) IF! You keep it at a respectable manner. But, you're right, it's very early, and I can only claim dominance over the alliances we've gotten to disassemble - - such as Plaga, Dextera, and Horsemen. :) And we didn't mass-recruit for the MOST part, a lot of these members came to us after we already assembled our alliance within our main core. We just kinda spread out and a lot more members wanted to join. We ended up with so many people wanting to join that we had to create an academy. So, mass-recruiting is different than being popular. I've got lots to learn, but we've only been climbing - - and climbing is a good sign. I've seen alliances crumble within their first months that were way ahead of everyone else, but you're right, it's a very long season ahead of us. But, this is a different world with different leaders. And we're doing damn well and staying number 1.

DeletedUser

And, on a quick note, MRAs invite every single person around them and keep spreading out. We did our studying. I messaged every individual player who I invited (like you should). So, I definitely don't consider it mass-recruiting. We just ended up really lucky with the people we did invite into the alliance. And when they come to you and wish to join, it's definitely not considered mass-recruiting. If you ask most of the people within our alliance, they were originally doing solid and I wanted them in our alliance (WITH STUDYING using grepostats) or they asked to join and we gave them guidelines.

DeletedUser

Kinda arguing with yourself there.

In the one message you say you guys mass recruited, now your trying to say you did not. Does it matter?

Still so early in the world....

Does anyone know how to see how much internal eating they are doing? What about other alliances? once the easy prey is gone how will the world shake out?

DeletedUser

No, it doesn't really matter. Because it all worked out in the end. I only argued with "myself" because I feel like it was a form of mass-recruiting, but kinda not at the same time. It was early in the game and you invite any close, strong members to join your alliance (unless you're premaid.) Call it what you wish. :) We'll just have to wait and see how everything pans out, right?

DeletedUser

New Breakdown:

1. The Rebellion - Still in first, which is not impressive points can be shuffled from their other alliance. however they are #1 in attacking which is impressive and the battle scores tell more then points

2. Warriors of Greece - steadily moved up and up in all rankings, score, attack, defense, fighter. Looks like they also reduced membership, Looking good.

3. Legions of Sparta - Not sure where they came from but moved up and are in 6th in attack points. Interesting to say the least.

4. Hell Hounds - Solid fourth and #4 in attacking.

5. The Sea Raiders - Not sure what to think, they have not done much in points or ranking, but are a solid #2 as attackers and fighters. Their feeders alliance seems to be gone, are they losing a war? At least they are putting up a fight if they are!

6. Empyric - another newer alliance I think, never saw them before but do not look to often. Ranked #9 as attackers and # 13 as fighters in the realm. Maybe they are just getting some traction.

7. Wrath Of Hades - These guys have been sitting steady, not sure if that is good or bad, but at least it is consistent.

8. Rebellion Rising - Not sure what to say, are they feeding the good players to the #1 alliance constantly or is this just a sister alliance, I would have to assume they are moving people up since they call this their academy alliance. If they run out is that trouble for both these alliances? Still so early....

9. Resurrection - Moved up but sitting steady at being someones punching bag. #15 as attackers, but at #3 defenders, overall fighters ranked #12. Are they using the "rope-a-dope" method on someone, or just simply taking a beating?

10. Outcasts - I know nothing about these guys, but I gotta say I like them, they only have 47 members, the lowest in the top 12, but what I do not like is I do not see them anywhere in the top 15 in any of the fighting ranks, well #13 in defense... Maybe they are warming up, or just simming points. Would like to see this alliance do something, I like the smaller guys!!

11. Warriors of the Lion - Steadily falling in ranking, but #3 in the fighters.... What is the story here I wonder?

12. Phoenixs Revenge - Just in the top 12 is this one, I know nothing again about their back story, but they are ranked #8 in fightering, that always looks good when that rank is higher then your ranking here

Rank Name Points Players Average points
1 The Rebellion...... 954055 77 12390
2 Warriors of Greece 655320 54 12136
3 Legions of Sparta 614009 76 8079
4 Hell Hounds ........538388 80 6730
5 The Sea Raiders...514798 54 9533
6 Empyric............. 476627 74 6441
7 Wrath Of Hades.. 441006 85 5188
8 Rebellion Rising... 427653 76 5627
9 Resurrection....... 419461 80 5243
10 Outcasts........... 417030 47 8873
11 Warriors of the Lion 392484 69 5688
12 Phoenixs Revenge .386942 84 4606

Alliance fighter points
Rank Name Points
1 The Rebellion... 307404
2 The Sea Raiders 159267
3 Warriors of the Lion 149448
4 Warriors of Greece 142747
5 Plaga Mortis 142689
6 Hell Hounds 134374
7 Legions of Sparta 121341
8 Phoenixs Revenge 111898
9 Rebellion Rising 111372
10 Hell Hounds II 111301
11 Wrath Of Hades 109145
12 Resurrection 105386

DeletedUser

I will try to make this a Sunday thing, Any who enjoy please show your appreciation:

1. The Rebellion - Still #1 but their academy (was ranked #8 now is #14)is shrinking so pretty sure they moving some players around. Rumor has they are facing a large coalition of alliances. both sides are aware but figures very on the numbers involved according to my little birds. Up to 30 alliances possibly, but like always, how many of those are worth anything, This will show The Rebellions abilities and if their strategy was the correct one or I guess it could show their attackers suck. I imagine rank #11 is in this war(see that note) but I do not know.

2. Warriors of Greece - Seem to be growing and keeping the numbers up, moving up in fighter points.

3. Legions of Sparta - Still growing and gaining power. Continuing their push to get power base set.

4. The Sea Raiders - They seem to be growing still, went up a rank. I have heard they are involved in a war of their own and are facing mounting pressure, grepostats show some lost cities...

5. Hellhounds - Dropped a small rank here, but have grown some. Still being consistent I would say.

6. Wrath of Hades - Moved up some ranks, nothing other then just growth it seems. Still consistent.

7. empyric - Nothing to report here that I know of that is exciting

8. Resurrection- Moved up some ranks taking advantage of some chances offered it seems.

9. Warriors of the lion - Moved up, seems they have worked out whatever was causing them to lose rank.

10. Phoenixs revenge- Alos have moved up. taking advantage of situations that have arisen

11. Guardians of Pi- New to the list, I would not count on them staying to long. Typical alliance with visions of inflated honor. Quote from their profile

"We will defend all those that come to us asking either asylum or aid, and will not permit those that wish to dominate this server to intimidate the weaker organizations. Simply put, we are the line in the sand and we will declare to those that violate the weak "this far and no further." "

All I have to say is I hope your team is real strong to defend all the "weaker" alliances being attacked, most alliances start wars with weaker ones. So I guess their mission is to squash war out of a war game?

12. Last kings - Another new one to the list. See what happens

1 The Rebellion... 1216324 80 15204
2 Warriors of Greece 824954 62 13306
3 Legions of Sparta 678775 76 8931
4 The Sea Raiders 606355 59 10277
5 Hell Hounds 587155 80 7339
6 Wrath Of Hades 552563 89 6209
7 Empyric 530013 73 7260
8 Resurrection 499908 84 5951
9 Warriors of the Lion 429950 65 6615
10 Phoenixs Revenge 421255 83 5075
11 Guardians of Pi 419715 60 6995
12 Last Kings 414749 67 6190

Combined Fighting ranks:

1 The Rebellion... 360747
2 Warriors of Greece 176384
3 The Sea Raiders 169908
4 Warriors of the Lion 161581
5 Legions of Sparta 148401
6 Hell Hounds 145618
7 Plaga Mortis 144311
8 Phoenixs Revenge 130260
9 Wrath Of Hades 128601
10 Resurrection 127221
11 Empyric 124177
12 Rebellion Rising 123234

So the next couple weeks should be exciting for a speed 1 world with a few wars breaking out. I would think that many of these players have no experience in battle and some of the "experienced" players will have to attack actual players and not inactives and inside alliance takeovers. Point whores have the most to lose at this stage.

DeletedUser6892

Wrath Of Hades

I will try to make this a Sunday thing, Any who enjoy please show your appreciation:

1. The Rebellion - Still #1 but their academy (was ranked #8 now is #14)is shrinking so pretty sure they moving some players around. Rumor has they are facing a large coalition of alliances. both sides are aware but figures very on the numbers involved according to my little birds. Up to 30 alliances possibly, but like always, how many of those are worth anything, This will show The Rebellions abilities and if their strategy was the correct one or I guess it could show their attackers suck. I imagine rank #11 is in this war(see that note) but I do not know.

2. Warriors of Greece - Seem to be growing and keeping the numbers up, moving up in fighter points.

3. Legions of Sparta - Still growing and gaining power. Continuing their push to get power base set.

4. The Sea Raiders - They seem to be growing still, went up a rank. I have heard they are involved in a war of their own and are facing mounting pressure, grepostats show some lost cities...

5. Hellhounds - Dropped a small rank here, but have grown some. Still being consistent I would say.

6. Wrath of Hades - Moved up some ranks, nothing other then just growth it seems. Still consistent.

7. empyric - Nothing to report here that I know of that is exciting

8. Resurrection- Moved up some ranks taking advantage of some chances offered it seems.

9. Warriors of the lion - Moved up, seems they have worked out whatever was causing them to lose rank.

10. Phoenixs revenge- Alos have moved up. taking advantage of situations that have arisen

11. Guardians of Pi- New to the list, I would not count on them staying to long. Typical alliance with visions of inflated honor. Quote from their profile

"We will defend all those that come to us asking either asylum or aid, and will not permit those that wish to dominate this server to intimidate the weaker organizations. Simply put, we are the line in the sand and we will declare to those that violate the weak "this far and no further." "

All I have to say is I hope your team is real strong to defend all the "weaker" alliances being attacked, most alliances start wars with weaker ones. So I guess their mission is to squash war out of a war game?

12. Last kings - Another new one to the list. See what happens

1 The Rebellion... 1216324 80 15204
2 Warriors of Greece 824954 62 13306
3 Legions of Sparta 678775 76 8931
4 The Sea Raiders 606355 59 10277
5 Hell Hounds 587155 80 7339
6 Wrath Of Hades 552563 89 6209
7 Empyric 530013 73 7260
8 Resurrection 499908 84 5951
9 Warriors of the Lion 429950 65 6615
10 Phoenixs Revenge 421255 83 5075
11 Guardians of Pi 419715 60 6995
12 Last Kings 414749 67 6190

Combined Fighting ranks:

1 The Rebellion... 360747
2 Warriors of Greece 176384
3 The Sea Raiders 169908
4 Warriors of the Lion 161581
5 Legions of Sparta 148401
6 Hell Hounds 145618
7 Plaga Mortis 144311
8 Phoenixs Revenge 130260
9 Wrath Of Hades 128601
10 Resurrection 127221
11 Empyric 124177
12 Rebellion Rising 123234

So the next couple weeks should be exciting for a speed 1 world with a few wars breaking out. I would think that many of these players have no experience in battle and some of the "experienced" players will have to attack actual players and not inactives and inside alliance takeovers. Point whores have the most to lose at this stage.

Siging in a W.O.H. leader and founder.... We are moving fairly steady..... I am the original co founder of this group that began on servers Epsilon, Theta, Zeta and Iota.... Many of you that monitor these forums knew or still know a player by the name of Deckardus.... He trained me and got me started on this game... I originally went by the name of ChaoticWrath... over time changing my name and styles of playing.... I have returned with no intent of founding a group but one thing led to another and after one month playing we sit where we are now.... You can label us as a MRA as I have recruited all around me and have been training our men how we used to play.... Though this is my first domain at this speed I say we have done fairly well at this point.... We on the other hand are at constant wars with small timers to ensure we clean out our ocean and any of the ones we cross into... Maybe in the future you may see us in some major conflicts as I sense ones are about to break out from what I hear amongst the top ten groups.... Good to meet you all and happy hunting...

DragonHeart11

DeletedUser6911

Keep it going

Well I recieved a private warning about double posting in this forum. The posts are updates, with the changes that have occured in the world.

I will no longer waste my time writing up stuff for people to see about this world, The forum mods can do it since they do not want it done.

Freaking ridiculous. So much for a weekly update of this world by me.

NOOOO please continue. someone should do it, and you showed initiative. the forum mods are a bit trigger happy, they will come around

DeletedUser

I am not allowed to by the rules to rewrite posts and I do not want to edit past ones. those are the rules of this forum. I read that as posting the same thing over and over, not a weekly update, I was wrong!

My goal had been to write a weekly update on sunday when I had time, people would have been able to back read and compare what was happening to what had been happening weeks or even months before, by editing previous posts I do not feel it would be worth my time. So I guess you all can now again wait months between updates, if ever any are posted that are not PR garbage of "the rebelllion.................."

I find it interesting how things change over the course of a year in games like this, but i must be in the minority.

DeletedUser4586

Mate, do your thing.

I'm running the Milestones and face the same challenge of multiple posts..
So.... if you want some advice; make a new thread, and continuously update first post by editing.
You can edit your first post to your hearts content. Over and over and over.
Write an obvious date each edit, so people know when you last updated.

If you do it well, without personal bias, and keep it active month after month...
People will always know you have 'some' bias, but you need not answer them.
And if you keep trying hard to be fair, equitable, and FUN....
You can produce one of the most important, intriguing, humorous and heavily-read threads in the game.

And who cares if you edit. People don't want to know what was 'last week'. They look for the 'now'.
Heck, I'll be looking at it for sure, just to have an idea on what's going on. :D

DeletedUser

Keep it up!

Mate, do your thing.

I'm running the Milestones and face the same challenge of multiple posts..
So.... if you want some advice; make a new thread, and continuously update first post by editing.
You can edit your first post to your hearts content. Over and over and over.
Write an obvious date each edit, so people know when you last updated.

If you do it well, without personal bias, and keep it active month after month...
People will always know you have 'some' bias, but you need not answer them.
And if you keep trying hard to be fair, equitable, and FUN....
You can produce one of the most important, intriguing, humorous and heavily-read threads in the game.

And who cares if you edit. People don't want to know what was 'last week'. They look for the 'now'.
Heck, I'll be looking at it for sure, just to have an idea on what's going on. :D

Keep at it man! I actually enjoy reading your updates. I like to see how my alliance fairs to others from the fingertips of an observer. With you keep reporting like this, I feel like I'm watching the ESPN of Grepolis - - which, mates, I will admit, I wake up and fall asleep with ESPN on my TV. LOL. Now that Grepolis consumes my life, it's like I have ESPN2 now! :D! Keep up the great work!