Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser2039

I agree to an extent. Many new players are great. Alliances should never be searching for experience only, but the desire to learn.

The other thing many overlook is common sense. I think this is pretty self-explanatory, but it's looked over way too often.

DeletedUser4586

I notice that people in this game don't seem to acknowledge the fact that beginner players can be valuable too. All players are valuable, I would take 5 rookies and 5 experienced players over 5 experienced players any day.

Honestly, I must agree. But of course that is 10 vs 5. *wink*
However, I would also take 5 extremely active rookies over 5 inactive experts, any day.
(in a world that just started)

This game isn't complex. But takes a lot of time to 'get'. It's why it's such a good game.
Five inexperienced but reasonably intelligent players, playing five to eight hours a day, sharing advice, looking in the Grep-wiki, discussing the externals, experimenting with mock attacks/supports against each other to discover the intricacies of timing, in a few days would be at least seasoned. Certainly ready for the end of BP and prepared to wreck those mortally inactive 'experts'.

And to bring this back to the thread content... it is why I often groan a bit at how people rank these alliances. Also why I hold off joining anyone that I wasn't pre-made, with. <---(oh my mother would hate that sentence!)
Seriously active, but relatively inexperienced players are all over Pi. And there are great older players all over too. In a Speed 1 world these 'newbies' have the time, and teachers to learn a LOT.
It's all about personal activity; on the players part to learn, and the leaders willingness to teach.
This could turn out to be an extremely absorbing world.

DeletedUser2063

I agree. In Mu, in my alliance, there was a guy who was new to the game, but he was extremely active. He would ask me questions, about what to build, who to attack, stuff like that. Now, he is even bigger than me, and just as good, if not better (but ill never admit that). Keep in mind that Mu is only a couple months old, and I've been playing for almost 2 years now. Give rookies a chance. Take them under your wing, and they very well may surprise you.

DeletedUser

Heh, next world I join I plan on being a founder of an alliance. Recruitment standards will require education level and or current education. There are many other requirements, but those are to be kept secret. <3

DeletedUser

Haha, I agree so many ppl trying to make elite alliances act like rookies are the plague... I'm a good teacher so I love being the one to be able to break them in and teaching them to play my way. And for that reason I like them a lil more than experienced players spending gold to rush a conquest bare bones right after BP picking 3K targets they dont even have troops for and are willing to waste all their alliance members troops to get it. I see this and think to myself "Experienced?" I believe it's possible to gain the wrong kind of experience, and it's even harder trying to break bad habits out of an experienced player than it is to train a noob, like I said, my way... ;)

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
I agree. In Mu, in my alliance, there was a guy who was new to the game, but he was extremely active. He would ask me questions, about what to build, who to attack, stuff like that. Now, he is even bigger than me, and just as good, if not better (but ill never admit that). Keep in mind that Mu is only a couple months old, and I've been playing for almost 2 years now. Give rookies a chance. Take them under your wing, and they very well may surprise you.
Happened to me twice in Alpha (Zephyr421 and Syph-1) :) And that's actually how I learnt, the guy was from en. and taught me, I can now confirm that I am like a kajillion times better than him now :-D

DeletedUser

I'm amazed at the amount of players that want to Join TR... Their academy is pretty much full and are second. >_<

DeletedUser

When i was watching alliance bp rankings and bp rankings i realized that i have more BP (1926) than Point (1774)! xD

DeletedUser

I would like to see another top 12 thing soon. A lot has changed since the last one :)

DeletedUser5088

This early is the world I would also like to see some alliances in the top 25. You never know what things can change.

DeletedUser4586

Well, here we go. Always enjoy writing these things. And after a few weeks, it seems I should begin.
These ranks, of course, are always changing so new in a game. So take them with a grain of salt.

1 The Rebellion... -Points: 171524 -Players: 86 -Average: 1994 -Dual alliance: Rebellion Rising
Most surely have come bolting away to the lead in the last few days. Crashing into those that share their islands, their ABP has soared and is 25% higher than the closest competitor. Securely holding the western edge of the center core, they are supremely placed for future expansion. Speaking of 'supreme', they have SupremedigXradio within the ranks. Leading the individual points score by a wide margin, he is pounding his numbers skyward. This alliance has come from what their profile says, a defeat on other worlds. But oft-times that is a good thing, if the leaders can hold to what has been learned. It appears they have.
Score: 9 of 10 They will do well, for a long time to come.
Alliance Profile score: 2 of 10 (c'mon folks, you gotta spell correctly in your profile! That profile is what we SEE!)

2 The Sea Raiders -Points: 146736 -Members: 84 -Average: 1747 -Dual Alliance: Raiders Rising
This alliance is spread out over four oceans. This is allowing many members free rein to blast up in points, reflected in the rankings.
However they remain solid in ABP, head-to-head in second place. Much of this appears to be from quests, but some players are doing well and have hit some decent clearing, led by one of their leaders. Their name is appropriate, being so spread out will require much sea travel! But great distance means high fragility if under duress.
Score: 7 of 10 Positioning is a minus, but this can change rapidly with decent leadership.
Alliance Profile Score: 4 of 10 (Hard to read and understand. Nice picture.)

3 Warriors of the Lion -Points: 141090 -Members: 90 -Average: 1568
Primarily based out in Ocean 65 this is one of those 'inner rim' alliances that could surprise. No totally inactive members are present, which shows forceful leadership in an inner rim alliance: where it is all-to-easy to over-invite! Their leader is doing well in ABP for being so far out of the core, and the rest are trying. Looking good.
Score: 7 of 10 Not bad at all, could be one of those alliances that sneak up from behind.
Alliance Profile Score: 9 of 10 Very nice profile. Easy to read, and inviting. (which is critical to get good players)

4 Rebellion Rising -Points: 137138 -Members: 88 -Average: 1558 -Dual Alliance: The Rebellion...
Like all 'academies' this alliance will need to step up when called upon. 'Spill-over' alliances are very important, both as a place to prove the dedication of it's members, keep alliance member caps intact, and to flesh out geographic opportunities. A dangerous leader in Kittens meow, they should do well.
Score: 7 of 10 It is challenging to rate 'academies'. They need to do, what is needed to do. This one could do it.
Alliance Profile Score: 10 of 10 What can I say? So simple it's brilliant. A true Academy profile. No picture.

5 Plaga Mortis -Points: 134766 -Members: 73 -Average: 1846 -Dual Alliance: Dextera Mortis
This alliance has just come out of removing another 'many-world' alliance from the game by guile, external forum baiting, and a few sharp attacks. Holding a good ABP and competing for second place in this rank, they will need to quickly find a new (and decently sized) target for the mass of their members to maintain their edge. Experienced leadership always remains important, and this team has it. Their leaders must hold the alliance together however. And past worlds shows this as being tremulous. Holding a commanding position to the east of the center core they, like The Rebellion... to the west of the core, have a critical position that is excelled for expansion. They must be watched.
Score: 9 of 10 Watch out. You can feel them gearing up. The leaders must hold it together.
Alliance Profile Score: 6 of 10 Nasty and short. Not entirely my style, but does what it is supposed to convey.

6 Hell Hounds -Points: 134603 -Members: 83 -Average: 1622 -Dual Alliance: Hell Hounds II
A group based in Ocean 56, these folks, according to their alliance profile, invite anyone. But their ABP is in the high mix (#5) for a middling team, and Ocean 56 is close enough to the core to have major impact. A few of their top players are doing quite well. Joining late, they, and their 'academy' could be considered an MRA, but could be promising if they grind hard and dump the excess.
Score: 6 of 10 Not bad positioning, their leaders must make the right choices.
Alliance Profile Score 5 of 10 Basic, a bit bland, but workable.

7 EVOLUTION OF D3TH -Points: 120842 -Members: 89 -Average: 1358 Dual Alliance: Eaters of the Dead
A classic inner rim alliance, these folks are based in Ocean 34 through Ocean 45. They and their dual alliance will do well in their area, if the leaders can pound hard, and expel the excess baggage along the way. They look to be doing this, and are maintaining a decent average. Once they control their zone, they have a chance at looking towards the core.
Score: 6 of 10 Could annihilate anyone near, and a thorn in the side of the core.
Alliance Profile Score: 8 of 10 Clean and precise. Short and inviting. Good profile.

8 Hell Hounds II Points: 97909 Members: 73 Average: 1341 Dual Alliance: Hell Hounds
An academy of an alliance close in numbers/points to each other. What happens to one, will most likely happen to the other. Can these dual alliances do what is called for? Time will tell.

9 Warriors of Greece -Points 93156 -Members 61 -Average 1527
Growing, gathering, seeking members. Based in Ocean 66. Top members are grinding hard.

From here on, the situation is changing every few hours.

Will give a glancing summation of other alliances soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3937

1. The Rebellion... : Know very little about them, aside from their ranking, and their Pact with Plaga.

2. The Sea Raiders : Know very little about them, aside from their ranking, and their NAP with Plaga.

3. Warriors of the Lion : Know very little about them, aside from their rank.

4. Rebellion Rising : Know very little about them, aside from their ranking, and their Pact with Plaga.

5. Hell Hounds : Know very little about them, aside from their rank.

6. Plaga Mortis + Dextera Mortis : Founders Alexander Rydan and Nestle are a potent mix, more at home threatening their members and NAP/Pacting with every alliance on the board, than actually doing anything to lead their alliance's to success. With those two in power, its only a matter of time before they kill Plaga as they did Widow on Kappa.

One does not inspire activity with threats, but with good leadership, which Alex and Nestle fail to posses. ;)

The rest of the top 12: Don't know much about them, aside from their respective ranks.

Cheers,
Onitake
Plaga Mortis, probably ex-plaga when Alex or Nestle see this. lol

DeletedUser5088

These are my thoughts on the top 3:

The Rebellion/Rebellion Rising: Located in Southeast 44/Northwest 55. Strong alliance since they clump in groups on islands which is good for this world speed. Respectful Leadership. I think they are at war with The Horsemen. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sea Raiders: A little spread out. Could be hard to support some of their members far off. Around western 65. Duel Alliance: Raiders Raising and The Raiders?. No wars that I know of. Pact with The Rebellion... but that will not do much help where they are.

Warriors of the Lion: I agree with Apologia, This alliance is slowing sneaking up in the shadows. They have a strong grip of Ocean 65 which is good for support. Good recruitment standards. This alliance is going to be hard to take down.

DeletedUser

Rebellion and Horsemen are at war. A few of their "leaders" have gone inactive, so its probably more of a straight beat down.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Back on topic please! Instead of asking, just do it!

Kind regards,

Josh.

DeletedUser

It will be interesting to see the shakeout of the top alliances with a newer, faster world opening, I have met a few who said they are just spending time until a "better" world opens, could make some big differences.