Top 10 Alliances(NEW)

DeletedUser9662

Since the other top 12 is mostly spam I will make this one for the forum goers of Marathon. Please note these are my opinions and nobody else's. At the end I will put a few alliances that are worth noting. If you do not agree with what I say either PM me or write it down below thanks!

1. Rage Rising This alliance is an MRA. We all know that. There members are far away from each other. They seem to be in clusters. There are just better alliances in Ocean 54 that can and will beat them. That being said they are #1 in Abp, Dbp, and total bp. Maybe they can last another month or two? Final Prediction: Sinking

2. Sails Of Death This is that alliance everyone wants to be in isn't it? They have the experience to back them up, very good leadership and a cool looking alliance profile image. This alliance sees itself mostly in Ocean 55. They are #2 in abp, #3 in dbp, and #2 in total bp. I believe this alliance and The Brotherhood will be in a fight unless they have made diplomatic relations with each other. Final Prediction: Swimming

3. Lotus Eaters. Sorry Feca, but you guys and gals are an MRA. They are spread out through Ocean 53. They have the worst point average in the top 3 at 2011. They need to cut some of the dead weight that is there if they don't want to be a target for a massive farming run. I see this alliance fighting with The Spartan Kings in time. I believe both alliances will then merge into 1, maybe become better? They are #4 in abp and total bp and are 3rd in Dbp. Final Prediction: Sink

4. The Brotherhood This alliance is so close together, experienced, and are one of the best alliances around on the world. Although not the best point average, I believe they will go up in time. This alliance is #3 in abp and total bp and #2 in dbp. This alliance will probably go to war against Sails Of Death in the future and have a chance at beating them, if they stick together. Final Prediction: Swimming

5. Bigs Cats And Bears This alliance is garbage. Not only are they an MRA, they also have some of the worst leadership I have seen, and are only 7th in abp and total bp! They are also 5th in dbp. There name is just stupid, it really is, please change it! They are spread out across Oceans 63,64,73 and 74. The leadership is terrible. I have an issue I need to resolve with them myself. They join every world, get conquered, cry about it, then join the next world and start it over. How do these people follow Breez? Sounds fishy to me >_<. Final Prediction: SINK AND SINK SOME MORE

6. Unity Just another average MRA, they are 5th in abp and total bp and 9th in dbp. Nothing really to say besides there just average. They will probably merge. I do know from an anonymous source though that there leader is an idiot. Wants nobody to merge into them, but a few days ago they wanted my alliance to merge with them... and were on the other side of the map, -_-. Final Prediction: Sink

7. Ghosts MRA, that's all I have to say about this one. Final Prediction: Sink

8. The Spartan Kings MRA, worst bp averages, spread out. There bad. I don't expect them to go far. Like I said I think they will fight Lotus Eaters in time, but nothing special. Final Prediction: Sink

9. Numbers And Figures Thought they dissolved? Guess there making a comeback right now. Best point average in the top 15, but they have some bad bp numbers such as 16th in dbp. They are near Sails Of Death and The Brotherhood. Maybe a 3 alliance war? Final Prediction: Float

10. wardens of marathon They are an MEA right in the core oceans. Ba average, bad bp ranks. I see them being eaten up in a few weeks time, but I could be wrong, maybe they can prove themselves, but for now... Final Prediction: Sink

2 alliances worth mentioning

Pyrocalstic Yasuo- Good leadership experience, decent average. I expect them to go for a few months

Haven- Needed a filler :p

Thanks for reading guys and gals I hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

haha nice, but just out of my curiosity and really nothing more.. before calling a lot of these alliances MRAs did you look up there leaders and see what kind of players they are o_O and the alliances you named as sink or notable were the leaders people you know or did you look them up? more or less asking because i see this in a few worlds.. an mra being called an mra but actually has insanely experienced leaders or something crazy..
nice detail tho looks legit.. not like some of the others just naming an alliance and saying sink

~whitey

DeletedUser10179

Well even an alliance with good leaders can be a MRA. MRA's are just alliances with an over amount of numbers and mostly care about numbers, The alliances he is calling "MRA's" he is exactly right. Wether or not the leaders are experienced or to that would be a different story.

DeletedUser9662

haha nice, but just out of my curiosity and really nothing more.. before calling a lot of these alliances MRAs did you look up there leaders and see what kind of players they are o_O and the alliances you named as sink or notable were the leaders people you know or did you look them up? more or less asking because i see this in a few worlds.. an mra being called an mra but actually has insanely experienced leaders or something crazy..
nice detail tho looks legit.. not like some of the others just naming an alliance and saying sink

~whitey

I did my research on almost all the leaders that were leading the mra's and most were inexperience. The Ghosts leader Juulna has some experience, but still look at the map and stats of the alliance, it says it all. Honestly it was kind of funny looking the info up and seeing how poorly the leadership was in these alliances. So to answer your question yes I did look up the leaders and I looked at the stats, previous worlds etc..

DeletedUser10119

Juulna is a good leader, I met her in Athens and she was in my alliance for a period of time. She just isn't an aggressive attacker, but she is a quality player overall.
I don't actually play this world, but just skimming through.

DeletedUser9662

Juulna is a good leader, I met her in Athens and she was in my alliance for a period of time. She just isn't an aggressive attacker, but she is a quality player overall.

Well she better straighten out her recruitment on this world

DeletedUser10119

I have no clue about recruiting though, she wasn't in charge of that.

DeletedUser

6. Unity Just another average MRA, they are 5th in abp and total bp and 9th in dbp. Nothing really to say besides there just average. They will probably merge. I do know from an anonymous source though that there leader is an idiot. Wants nobody to merge into them, but a few days ago they wanted my alliance to merge with them... and were on the other side of the map, -_-. Final Prediction: Sink

I'm the leader, joejoe is the founder. Joejoe asked pretty much everyone to merge until I came along and changed the alliance (I've kicked out around 30 players lol) and has stopped with the merging from what I've been told. If you're referring to me, I contacted Paedur, founder of The League of Warriors for a "merger," but that's it. And by merger, I mean I tried to recruit Paedur and a couple other guys, offered Paedur a council position since he does have some experience, and called it a merge when all it really was was a recruitment pitch. Joejoe has kind of sort of taken a back seat now. He does some recruitment, but I lead. King Dr.Acula was kind enough to join us and help with the forums, he's made some major improvements to help the new players, and we're currently at "war" with Big Cats and Bears.

Little insight to our supposed war, once Dracula joined I had the support from another experienced player so we as an alliance could convince joejoe to allow us to delete all the pacts he had created we didn't need. When we deleted the one with Big Cats, we tried to explain to them that this wasn't us trying to start a fight, simply reconstructing and assessing our options. I even tried to help Breez and bear666, and explained to them that they needed to drop a lot of players and why. Bear didn't like my saying that, and declared war. Since then, bear has failed a conquest attempt on us, with no clearing attacks before it lol. The "war" is going to be over by Thursday though, their mistake.

And just for the record, yes, joejoe is a new founder and we're trying to help him become a better one, but he's a good guy and a decent player. I like the dude, and he's been smart enough to let me do a lot of the leading and sit back a little, and I appreciate that. The forums were reconstructed, a defense template added, the pacts deleted, and some good players added, and not going to lie, he did recruit a few of them. And once Big Cats falls apart, we'll be sitting even better.

DeletedUser9662

I'm the leader, joejoe is the founder. Joejoe asked pretty much everyone to merge until I came along and changed the alliance (I've kicked out around 30 players lol) and has stopped with the merging from what I've been told. If you're referring to me, I contacted Paedur, founder of The League of Warriors for a "merger," but that's it. And by merger, I mean I tried to recruit Paedur and a couple other guys, offered Paedur a council position since he does have some experience, and called it a merge when all it really was was a recruitment pitch. Joejoe has kind of sort of taken a back seat now. He does some recruitment, but I lead. King Dr.Acula was kind enough to join us and help with the forums, he's made some major improvements to help the new players, and we're currently at "war" with Big Cats and Bears.

Little insight to our supposed war, once Dracula joined I had the support from another experienced player so we as an alliance could convince joejoe to allow us to delete all the pacts he had created we didn't need. When we deleted the one with Big Cats, we tried to explain to them that this wasn't us trying to start a fight, simply reconstructing and assessing our options. I even tried to help Breez and bear666, and explained to them that they needed to drop a lot of players and why. Bear didn't like my saying that, and declared war. Since then, bear has failed a conquest attempt on us, with no clearing attacks before it lol. The "war" is going to be over by Thursday though, their mistake.

And just for the record, yes, joejoe is a new founder and we're trying to help him become a better one, but he's a good guy and a decent player. I like the dude, and he's been smart enough to let me do the leading and sit back, and I appreciate that. The forums were reconstructed, a defense template added, the pacts deleted, and some good players added. And once Big Cats falls apart, we'll be sitting even better.

All I have to say is whoop The cat clowns, I have issues with there founders and I would love seeing them fall for the 3rd time :D

DeletedUser4951

Black Sails has my good friend Chimp, so i'm biased towards them. :)

DeletedUser

Sails of Death? They're a good alliance, came over from Epsilon, I actually played on a world with some of them and glennthehen and InVaDeRs, but can't remember what world and only for a short time. If I had to pick an alliance to win the world today, I would pick SoD over my own. Not because I don't believe in my guys, because they've obviously established themselves more than we have, at least at this time. Good leadership, strong members, aggressive, I don't think anyone is really itching to go up against them right now.

DeletedUser

Can you possibly do an update to this every week or 2 if you get the chance? Always awesome to read this
On a side note: Sails of Death does look like to be the alliance to win this world.

DeletedUser

Black Sails has my good friend Chimp, so i'm biased towards them. :)
They are good alliance but I'm still optimistic about unity , they remind me of an alliance called Band of Misfits that surprised everyone .

DeletedUser

You wound me, Cwill! ;)

But hey, sure, I'll say aye to the MRA. Eh, that doesn't last and everyone knows it. We're still trucking along, going with the flow, enjoying ourselves. I came with friends, many of which who know what they're doing, and I'll take that any day.

Been enjoying reading the assessments though. Been fun in Marathon so far.

DeletedUser723

120 alliance cap... 99% of the alliances here are MRA's by definition. Maybe some have higher standards than others but nonetheless... an MRA is an MRA and an MRA with a good leader can still win a server.

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't been on this server long enough to do a proper top 10 or 12 (whichever this one is, lol) but I enjoy the creativity in some of those posted here. Make sure you +rep them for their effort (sarcasm)

Now all we need is a PnP thread and a best/worst attacks thread...
Edit: and a weekly newspaper!!