Time for The Daily Rewards to be Upgraded

Aurabolt

Citizen
By Upgraded, I mean actually happen more than once a day and actually be useful across the board.

Here's how it is now:
1619403000193.png

I would like to see it tweaked so Resources and favor gained is applied to ALL cities and Gods. At this point, it might as well. If you pick both Resource and Favor, you will also get a12-hour buff for both Resource and Favor that can stack.

I would also up the maximum days from 7 to 21. Every 3 days, you will be able to choose 2 rewards instead of one.

To incentivize picking the goblet, I would add the chances of getting the following type of perks or Tokens:

• Double Dip: Get Two Tokens from Island Quests instead of one. Applies to all cities. Lasts 12 hours.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Luck Token**: No matter how many times the city is attacked, it will not fall. Lasts 24 hours.
  • Divine Bulwark Token*: The Gods look out for their own. Blocks Temple Looting and the effects of Earthquake, Plague and Narcissism on one city. Lasts 24 hours.
  • Advisors' Ledgers*: An Advisor has decided to aid you for 7 days! Gains or extends the services of an Advisor of your choice for 7 days. Has a small chance of gaining or extending the services of all Advisors for 7 days.
  • Advisors' Contract**: An Advisor has decided to aid you for 14 days! Gains or extends the services of an Advisor of your choice for 14 days. Has a small chance of gaining or extending the services of all Advisors for 14 days.
  • Golden Tribute*: Your people offer Gold to you as Tribute! Randomly gain 50,100, 250, 500 or 1000 Gold.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Resources I/II/III Token: Increases Production of Wood, Stone and SIlver for 1/2/3 Week(s).
  • Cultural Level Increase*: Increases Cultural Level by one.
  • 10 Cultural Points: Gain 10 Cultural Points.
  • 25 Cultural Points**: Gain 25 Cultural Points.
  • Architect's Ledger: Reduces Resource Costs and Times of for Building Construction by 50% for 8 hours.
  • Academy Scholar: Reduces Resource Costs and Times for Academy Research by 50% for 8 hours.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Conquest Token*: Reduces Conquest Time by 50%. Applies to all cities. Lasts 24 hours.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Revolt Token*: Reduces Red Revolt Time by 50%. Applies to all cities. Lasts 24 hours.
  • Smooth Takeover**: Allows Ghost Towns on Conquest Worlds to change hands with just a Colony Ship. In addition, there is no Conquest Timer. Permanent, applies to one city.

* This perk can only be gained once every 24 hours.
** This perk can only be gained once every 7 days.

Oh and the window should pop twice a day: Once at Midnight and again at Noon. This would be extremely helpful and add some random competativeness as well. All of these would give folks a good reason to want to log in every day to say the least!

Last edited:

Brajanz0r

Artisan
I use 99% of the time 280 favor because the rest of the rewards suck. I can get those resources from villages or by transfer any time of the day. I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat... We do need quick favor, but personally if I would get a chance to have any of your proposed rewards, I'd aim for that one rather than favor. Lets face it, we can get favor on various ways but if these rewards would be more exciting I think the majority of players would go for it.
Excellent proposal! @InnoGames at least think about it.

Vindication

Senior Citizen
I'm not inherently opposed to an expansion of 'Daily' rewards, however, I do have a few critiques.
  • Double Dip: *Democritus essentially does this already*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Luck Token*: *Not a fan of essentially a 24 hour attack block / peacetime*
  • Divine Bulwark Token*: *Interesting concept to favor farm-proof a city, but possibly shorten timespan*
  • Advisors' : *Possibly 1-2 day extensions, since it's rolled daily*
  • Golden Tribute*: *100 does seem quite low comparatively, but I'd cap at 250/500 gold. Again, it would be rolled daily across-worlds*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Resources I/II/III Token: *This could quite possibly already exist* (Edit: It does through quests)
  • Cultural Level Increase*: *I feel like it would de-incentivize fighting, as it takes 300-1k CP at higher levels*
  • 10 Cultural Points: *Proposes the argument, that daily rolls > fighting for bp's & building troops*
  • 25 Cultural Points*: *Overstepping a bit, as this would be awarding quite a substantial amount of CP*
  • Architect's Ledger: *Seems quite overpowered, and 50% already exists as a 1/8 drop chance*
  • Academy Scholar: *Could be a nice subtle addition*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Conquest Token*: *Sounds insanely overpowered to me. Helena already does this essentially*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Revolt Token*: *See above*
  • Smooth Takeover*: *Would take away a huge aspect to BP farming early stages of Beginner's prot., as ghost cities are prime BP targets*

I think a nice adjustment would be substituting 'Trojan Defense', which is almost a deterrent for selecting 'tokens' on CQ maps. Potentially expanding favor is also an area that could be tweaked, but I like the idea of 5-10x buffs instead of direct favor. Resources given, I think is perfect as-is. However, I'd like to see defense tokens adjusted, or at least balanced w/ the addition of offense tokens.

It's a fine line to walk on, as it's a serious factor in game-economy. I think that paired w/ an event, the daily perks can already get a bit excessive. However, a great tweak would be to simply remove 'Trojan Defense', and add an attack buff. Currently, as it stands, there's a 25% chance to roll a defensive token & a 0% chance to roll offensive tokens. However, this could be intentional to give the underdogs a better chance defending. 'Trojan Defense' might be used more frequently on 'Revolt' maps, but to me is an underperformer.

Last edited:

Aurabolt

Citizen
I use 99% of the time 280 favor because the rest of the rewards suck. I can get those resources from villages or by transfer any time of the day. I'm sure everyone else is in the same boat... We do need quick favor, but personally if I would get a chance to have any of your proposed rewards, I'd aim for that one rather than favor. Lets face it, we can get favor on various ways but if these rewards would be more exciting I think the majority of players would go for it.
Excellent proposal! @InnoGames at least think about it.

Yeah, that was my thinking with most of these. Once you get going on a new server, there's no reason or need to use get Resources from the Daily Rewards. Everyone always needs favor and a free 280 favor for the God of your choice is hard to ignore.

Mixing things up will add a bit more strategy to say the least. More so at midpoints and down the stretch.

I'm not inherently opposed to an expansion of 'Daily' rewards, however, I do have a few critiques.
  • Double Dip: *Democritus essentially does this already*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Luck Token*: *Not a fan of essentially a 24 hour attack block / peacetime*
  • Divine Bulwark Token*: *Interesting concept to favor farm-proof a city, but possibly shorten timespan*
  • Advisors' : *Possibly 1-2 day extensions, since it's rolled daily*
  • Golden Tribute*: *100 does seem quite low comparatively, but I'd cap at 250/500 gold. Again, it would be rolled daily across-worlds*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Resources I/II/III Token: *This could quite possibly already exist* (Edit: It does through quests)
  • Cultural Level Increase*: *I feel like it would de-incentivize fighting, as it takes 300-1k CP at higher levels*
  • 10 Cultural Points: *Proposes the argument, that daily rolls > fighting for bp's & building troops*
  • 25 Cultural Points*: *Overstepping a bit, as this would be awarding quite a substantial amount of CP*
  • Architect's Ledger: *Seems quite overpowered, and 50% already exists as a 1/8 drop chance*
  • Academy Scholar: *Could be a nice subtle addition*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Conquest Token*: *Sounds insanely overpowered to me. Helena already does this essentially*
  • Tyche's Blessing of Revolt Token*: *See above*
  • Smooth Takeover*: *Would take away a huge aspect to BP farming early stages of Beginner's prot., as ghost cities are prime BP targets*

I think a nice adjustment would be substituting 'Trojan Defense', which is almost a deterrent for selecting 'tokens' on CQ maps. Potentially expanding favor is also an area that could be tweaked, but I like the idea of 5-10x buffs instead of direct favor. Resources given, I think is perfect as-is. However, I'd like to see defense tokens adjusted, or at least balanced w/ the addition of offense tokens.

It's a fine line to walk on, as it's a serious factor in game-economy. I think that paired w/ an event, the daily perks can already get a bit excessive. However, a great tweak would be to simply remove 'Trojan Defense', and add an attack buff. Currently, as it stands, there's a 25% chance to roll a defensive token & a 0% chance to roll offensive tokens. However, this could be intentional to give the underdogs a better chance defending. 'Trojan Defense' might be used more frequently on 'Revolt' maps, but to me is an underperformer.

I want to preface my response by first saying I welcome constructive criticism which is what you provided ^_^

Also, I tweaked my OP a little just before posting this in response to your feedback. I can see where some are either too generous or just plain brokenly powerful. As a reminder, there is a random chance each of the perks have a chance of being gained in addition to any of the existing ones.

In order:
  • Double Dip: Yes, but it caps at a certain percentage and specifically applies to buffs. I tweaked my idea in my OP to only apply to Tokens gained from Island quests as well.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Luck: Olynthus already has this as a core mechanic and it's permanent there. You can apply the effect to one city with a 7-day cooldown if you switch it to another city. It doesn't block atacks, just blocks it from being taken while the effect is active. That's the difference. Same as Olynthus only the Token lasts for 24 hours instead of being permanent.
  • Divine Bulwark: I actually think there may be a God or Hero released with this as passive effect at some point in the future.
  • Advisors: It's this generous because it's what we all spend Gold on basically. Knowing you might get an advisor or all for a week or two means you're less inclined to spend Gold on Advisors so it's win-win.
  • Golden Tribute: Naturally, the amount from the pool amount is random. You could get 50 Gold or you could get 1000 Gold. It's random each time so Inno shouldn't have to worry about people not buying Gold with this. Its purpose is to level things for those who don't buy large amounts of Gold.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Resources: The week+ long ones you can only get from events actually. The current ones last for like 6 hours if you randomly get 'em from Island Quests.
  • Cultural Level Increase: Already a reward from some events actually.
  • 10 Cultural Points: Can help people starting mid or late server or new players at the beginning get a leg up.
  • 25 Cultural Points: Same as above.
  • Architect's Ledger: I forgot to put a time limit. it would last for 8 hours per use.
  • Academy Scholar: Same as above.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Conquest: Yes and that's the point. When used effectively or with certain other buffs, a player can turn a bad situation around. It makes taking over Internals and Ghosts faster as well. Alternatively, one good player you could also devastate an Alliance or catch a rival off guard and do HEAVY damage.
  • Tyche's Blessing of Revolt: Same as above.
  • Smooth Takeover: This one's Op on purpose. I'm factoring someone starting mid-server or late with this. They could use it to get a developed ghost town as their second city so they can at least have a shot at being competative.

Oh and I do agree the Favor Cap should be increased by this point. I would up the cap to 800 which would allow someone to use high-cost spells 2 or 3 times. It would also allow folks to build more Myth Units at once and reduce the current dependancy on Myth Tokens from events.

Your feedback is appreciated =)