Time For a Vote (For the next world)

• Thread starter DeletedUser15947
  • Start date

What World Do You Want Next?

• Speed 3 Unit speed 3, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Speed 4 Unit speed 4, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Speed 6 Unit speed 6, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Speed 6 Unit speed 3, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Speed 2 Unit speed 2, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Speed 1 Unit speed 1, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser13931

smiley_emoticons_kleeblatt2.gif

DeletedUser1048

If you are one of the 130 people who hasn't voted yet, get to it!
smiley_emoticons_cyclops.gif

Also I just want to acknowledge that yes there are no revolt options for this poll. If you are a revolt player who is interested in the idea, you should still vote for one of the above options. It's important to remember that for this to get to a future revolt world it needs to work fairly well the first go around, which will be on CQ. We all got to push this first attempt forward, don't know if another opportunity will present itself down the road.

So yeah...Vote! Vote! Vote!
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
The original post for the specs of the Fantasy League was deleted. I'm reposting for those who'd like more information.

Preface: Creating an actually competitive Grep world, since that’s all we’ve been complaining about for years now.

This is what we all want, so let’s do it right. The goal of this is to create a competitive US Server for ALL of us, and give newer players the opportunity to actually learn. We ALL want a good server, we are ALL tired of sister alliances and 5 alliance Pacts/Naps, we are ALL tired of lop sided no fun worlds that play out the exact same way EVERY world. It is our hope that this method will target and eliminate all known and currently foreseeable issues that plague Grepo, and improve gameplay for veterans and newbies alike.

How To Start:

A thread will be posted in the externals for the next "Good" speed world that opens. This thread will give you access to the Discord Server that will be used for coordinating the next “Good” speed world. In this thread, you will need to post your Discord name (so that a direct invite can be sent) and/or follow the link provided. Once in the server please change your “Nickname” to the in game name (IGN) you intend to use in this world, so that we can accurately keep track of the players and number of players actively participating in this world.

Numbers:

If the world reaches at least 100-200 players, we will move forward by splitting into teams. The goal is to have a minimum of 4 – 6 teams (This number may be more, pending the alliance cap). If you, or someone you know does not plan to use discord, but plans to be an active participant in this world, you may post or have someone post on your behalf that you intend to play in this word. (Please keep in mind that any players not using discord will be added to the polls and drafts last, as all coordinating will be through discord).

Players Are In:

After 100-200 players are actively interested, those who wish to be founders, may submit their names (in discord) to be voted as an alliance founder. ALL alliance founders will be voted for by all of the players of the world. When 8-10 players (again this number depends on the number of alliances possible) have submitted their names to be considered as a founder, all players in discord (or voting by proxy in discord) will vote on the top 4-5 players (again, numbers pending alliance cap) they would like to see as founder. These players will be the founders of the alliances in this world.

Leader Drafts:

Once founders are chosen each founder will get to pick 2 leaders to start the world with. If a player is picked by more than one founder to join an alliance as a leader, then, the Discord Admins will randomly assign that leader to one of those alliances.

*Note: The roles of founders and leaders may change/grow once the world starts. , Nothing here is to prohibit how an alliance works, or is run; however these conditions are here to start everyone on a somewhat even playing field.

Team Drafts:

Once the Founders and leaders are chosen, the Discord Admins we will create “roles” in Discord so that the Alliance Founders/Leaders may start drafting players to their team. Players will be drafted in rounds, each founder getting to draft one player each round. The founder who received the LEAST amount of votes (to become founder) gets first pick each round, and so on, so that the founder with the MOST amount of votes gets last pick each round. Rounds continue until ALL players are picked.

Trades:

After ALL alliances are founded, and all players have been chosen, or assigned to an alliance, the Founders/Leaders will have the opportunity to trade up to 5-10 players (exact numbers pending player and alliance count) with other founders. Founders/Leaders may elect to trade for any number of reasons, strategy, friendships, or competition.

Direction:

Once the alliances are established (all trades are complete) Founders will choose an ocean/direction to start. This gives all alliances a chance to establish a core, and have a fair start.

Founder Chat:

All founders/leaders will be added to a private chat in the Discord. This is where ALL team leadership can discuss what is working, what isn’t working, problems, logistical questions, kinks etc. This will help admin streamline this process for future worlds (if it works) and take care of problems as they arise. Also will keep ALL teams on the same page.

Please keep in mind that this is new, and there are going to be some bumps.

Finalization:

Once leadership has chosen their ocean, and all the teams are finalized, the “Grepo Ally Building” server will be transitioned into the World’s Chat. Players will be listed in that chat by alliance.

*Note: Anyone joining late can stay in the ocean they pop up in, and will be assigned a geographically appropriate alliance by Discord Admin.

Summary:
This experiment is designed to spread out all the “Golders” evenly. Every alliance should have good founders, leaders and players evenly distributed amongst them.

If an alliance falls due to inactivity, their core has been lost, or players go on a permanent vacation, any active players left in the alliance will need to dissolve the alliance, before joining a new alliance.

With this, founders, leaders and players are expected to work on the "honor system". It is expected that players will elect founders (who will choose leaders) that actually want to create a competitive world, and that they elect founders who won’t undermine this process for a crown (we get it, we all want a crown, but we actually want a fun, competitive world more than an easy crown).

Those who want to switch it up and help make the first US Server (in a long time) fun and competitive please stay tuned for more when the next “good” speed world opens.

DeletedUser16379

I like the idea, I skimmed through the 3 pages of responses and agree with whatever player said how are we going to prevent the previous pre-mades from re-joining? I think a solution to this would be to remove the leave alliance option and remove the join alliance option....your team would be what it is and leaders would have to make it work. I also want to put the idea of having a gold spending cap per week, I have been talked to about this by a few players and if everybody really wants to see who's the best, then capping the amount of gold spent shouldn't be an issue right? ...I'd like a NB as well lol

DeletedUser11373

NOT a valid poll since there is not a choice for NONE of the above. Believe it or not, some people HATE the no morale system as it a gold players dream. Also, some people don't really like the idea of Conquest, I only play revolt worlds, I only play morale enabled worlds and I do prefer Night Bonus worlds.

I will say that if you can get about 1k players to join on to this then good for you. It will be good for the game. However these are not settings I will play on.

DeletedUser5524

If you don't support it you don't have to vote. This is mainly for those interested and to see if we can get enough community activity to get it to become a reality. This wouldn't be every world just a sandbox world to try it out and see how it goes per say
Make sure to read all the posts in the forum before you complain :) This is round one and a trial, things will change in the future if it goes well. If you don't support it then don't support it. If you do, vote. Easy as that.

DeletedUser14893

Definitely think anything above a 3/3 organized well would work great and be a lot of fun. Slow worlds may trail off towards the end I feel like causing them to be less successful. That 6/3 one is what I voted for. Cities build quick, but unit speed is slow enough that you won't get a CS in your city if you can't be on for 5min
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser14888

Not interested in a conquest world except to gold trade.

DeletedUser16387

Not settings choices I would make (I prefer revolt, morale enabled, WW... indifferent to NB, but as I get older, I DO like sleep...), but I respect the sandbox idea, and voted for the CQ settings I could live with best.

DeletedUser2654

Just to let everyone know, if this goes well we plan on doing a revolt world next and we will have more flexibility.

DeletedUser1094

Over 100 votes. Now the waiting game to see if they actually do something.