Time For a Vote (For the next world)

• Thread starter DeletedUser15947
  • Start date

What World Do You Want Next?

• Speed 3 Unit speed 3, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Speed 4 Unit speed 4, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Speed 6 Unit speed 6, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • Speed 6 Unit speed 3, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Speed 2 Unit speed 2, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Speed 1 Unit speed 1, Conquest, No Night Time Bonus, No Morale and Domination

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser15138

I see a lot of facts being tailored to reach a pre-arranged conclusion.

Consider the following ...

I am listed as a newcomer. But if you click the profile you will see that I joined the forum on Sept. 16, 2016, and have made five posts. I try to avoid a lot of the nonsense and trash talk that goes on here. I have played since 2014.

Grepo Mauler has been a member since Jan. 6, 2018 and has posted 185 message.

Do not conflate volume with quality.

If they hand out crowns for number of posts, you win, Grepo Mauler.

If this plan is indeed good, it will withstand scrutiny. This, however, seems to be a forum open only to wholesale endorsements of this idea.

DeletedUser15947

I see a lot of facts being tailored to reach a pre-arranged conclusion.

Consider the following ...

I am listed as a newcomer. But if you click the profile you will see that I joined the forum on Sept. 16, 2016, and have made five posts. I try to avoid a lot of the nonsense and trash talk that goes on here. I have played since 2014.

Grepo Mauler has been a member since Jan. 6, 2018 and has posted 185 message.

Do not conflate volume with quality.

If they hand out crowns for number of posts, you win, Grepo Mauler.

If this plan is indeed good, it will withstand scrutiny. This, however, seems to be a forum open only to wholesale endorsements of this idea.
WOW you are like crazy good! you have 5 posts!!!! And Crowns.... i have many along with the first US Dom win... Do me a fav... Join... So i can treat you like the rest i Rim in every world
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

Edit... We have 150 people in our Discord.. FOR THIS WORLD/VOTE.... The fact that you are NOT in it.... Implies you are not good enough to be known.... Settle down simmer.... Settle Down...

If you think you are good... Join... And see why Maul the BEST!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15138

No reply to Maul, but I will share my concern with others to try to facilitate an intelligent conversation.

It has to do with a flaw I see in this plan.

Say "Player A" has a whole band of buddies he plays with in many worlds.

"Player A" is chosen as a leader. The draft is held.
I
Then "Player A" starts booting players he really didn't want. His buddies leave the alliances to which they were drafted and join the alliance of "Player A". And they get the group they wanted right from the start, and it defeats the purpose of the proposal.

Don't tell me "oh, that won't happen." Tell me what measures will be in place to prevent that from happening. Okay?

DeletedUser15919

You still talking?

Don't pay any attention to Mauler - If he was worthy competition, he would not have needed to outspend the entire US server population to play how he wants...However, he does deserve Inno's thanks for keeping the game in the US active...he DOES cover their paychecks...

DeletedUser15138

If you can't have a civil discussion about a plan that BoB desperately wants, then maybe the US server should be closed.

DeletedUser1048

No reply to Maul, but I will share my concern with others to try to facilitate an intelligent conversation.

It has to do with a flaw I see in this plan.

Say "Player A" has a whole band of buddies he plays with in many worlds.

"Player A" is chosen as a leader. The draft is held.
I
Then "Player A" starts booting players he really didn't want. His buddies leave the alliances to which they were drafted and join the alliance of "Player A". And they get the group they wanted right from the start, and it defeats the purpose of the proposal.

Don't tell me "oh, that won't happen." Tell me what measures will be in place to prevent that from happening. Okay?

Right now the plan is to have 4 alliances, split up one per ocean. Now that doesn't really mean friends will be far geographically, islands basically fill starting from the 4 corners. It's also true that there are some people who are all talk and no action who will probably not be willing to fight their friends and/or trust a leader they haven't played with before.

What I would say is that founders are allowed to trade up to 5 players. So if they really do want their buddy who is somewhere else they can possibly trade for them. I would also say the amount of people not willing to fight their friends is hopefully close to 0, considering how clearly stated the rules are in the discord chat. Most of us have plenty of friends in there and it's clear not all of them will be on the same side for this world.

In terms of players leaving well you can't force anyone to stay. It would just be self defeating. The goal is to bring more competition into US worlds, if players immediately just run back into their cliques then we're back to dead boring worlds where one alliance is basically guaranteed to win from the moment they join. Can't speak for everyone but that is such a waste of time, money, energy, and effort.

DeletedUser1094

If you can't have a civil discussion about a plan that BoB desperately wants, then maybe the US server should be closed.

First off....BoB does not desperately want this plan. We are more than capable of dominating anyone we want. We don’t need to backstab anyone to do so like you are implying will happen in this draft. Hence us saying we will go a long with this draft (because it’s a good idea). As an alliance we have discussed having a “BoB draft” before this was brought up. Competition has dried up so why not? Wel get a new word, new competition, and get to fight against some people we’ve played with for years.

Here is your civil discussion. What are your concerns?

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
Like BOB, we haven't had a competitive revolt world in a very long time. Let's see for the group I play with, we dominated Kos, Thebes, Ialysos, Mochlos, and now Pandosia. I originally posted the idea as a possible way to shake up the US market since everybody was complaining about it's gradual death.

The idea has had a lot of positive energy. Not everybody likes it and that's fine. Not everybody has to play.

I don't want to move to a European server which I would have to do if the US market was closed.

DeletedUser14129

I've had a 4 page long PM chain with Nasty Canasta over the past week. It has gotten to the point where we have changed the subject from him complaining about gold and BoB to complaining about how my alliance (slip and slide) and Hades' Hounds (BoB) have worked with each other on a single siege break. he is complaining about how it's not fair that BoB wins every world an that we are feeding into the toxicity. As much as I like the discussion it's just him whining about BoB and gold and me giving him a counter argument and we go back and forth like that every message. I am using Nasty as an example of someone you don't want to be in grepolis. This has nothing to do with his gameplay, but if you want to pout and moan about stuff going on, please go download Farmville it's a much friendlier game.

DeletedUser1094

If that is true then people should be for this. It breaks BoB apart and redistributes players across several alliances. Fighting won’t be so one sided.