Thebes Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15357

There were some after. I plan on only gold trading and doing the milestones so I'll finish the world and keep it fully updated. Problem others had was they actually played while doing the milestones. So when their enemies took their cities, well, milestones went away. Can't have enemies if you're not truly playing.

DeletedUser15585

Interesting.

Are the settings 3x3 or 3x2. Not that it matters but here it says 3x3 and in announcements 3x2. So I'm just wondering.
anyone like to answer this question that has a correct answer :)

DeletedUser667

There were some after. I plan on only gold trading and doing the milestones so I'll finish the world and keep it fully updated. Problem others had was they actually played while doing the milestones. So when their enemies took their cities, well, milestones went away. Can't have enemies if you're not truly playing.
Your logic is slightly flawed (like most gold traders) when your city or cities, end up in an area one ally or another want..they will take them..are you saying you'll restart and update awards.. my favorite pm's are "I'm just here to trade gold leave me alone"

DeletedUser15602

Gold trading also only lasts a month or so IF THAT, after that you will never get even a drizzle of gold out of the server unless someone joins the server and is golding up to standard, which requires you to be close to them and get really, really lucky, and that only gets you a small amount.

Gold farming isn't something you play out a world with.

DeletedUser8795

Been inactive for almost a year, maybe it's time to hop back on the train.

DeletedUser4951

I might drop in and look around just for fun. Want to refamiliarize myself with revolt.

Also is there a WC yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15357

Jeff: Did you play on beta? Your name seems familiar..

Also, to answer the gold trading parts:
1) Not like I can't restart or work a deal to build the city to colonization enabled at least and move out and then let the other alliance take the city. However, anyone who wants my city will find it to be the WORST set up possible with things researched that many wouldn't want ever researched and low point count. So if you REALLY want my city, then have fun spending a good amount of time "fixing" it to fighting standards and wasting your CPs...

2) Depends on the world. I've seen gold trading go on for well past 5 months before. Regardless, I'm not here to primarily gold trade. That's just a secondary and added bonus. I'm here to do the Milestones. As the world progresses the 2K for 50 will be "Worthless".. So, if you're nice to me, I may be nice to you back ;)

Side Note: YES! Please bring back the newspapers! We both can make it a commentary thing similar to Oracle only add our own spins to it and trash talk everyone and just goof around (well, at least I could since I could care less about doing any fighting or whatever, just milestones).

Edit: Just added two more Milestones to be awarded to a player and an alliance at the end of the world. I'm SUPER excited to bring these back and to reveal the new ones to everyone. It's time to make Grepolis a War game again!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15357

Hoping some of the alliance milestones helps eliminate the pact happy leaders who want to play sim city and patty cake

DeletedUser667

Jeff: Did you play on beta? Your name seems familiar..

Also, to answer the gold trading parts:
1) Not like I can't restart or work a deal to build the city to colonization enabled at least and move out and then let the other alliance take the city. However, anyone who wants my city will find it to be the WORST set up possible with things researched that many wouldn't want ever researched and low point count. So if you REALLY want my city, then have fun spending a good amount of time "fixing" it to fighting standards and wasting your CPs...

2) Depends on the world. I've seen gold trading go on for well past 5 months before. Regardless, I'm not here to primarily gold trade. That's just a secondary and added bonus. I'm here to do the Milestones. As the world progresses the 2K for 50 will be "Worthless".. So, if you're nice to me, I may be nice to you back ;)

Side Note: YES! Please bring back the newspapers! We both can make it a commentary thing similar to Oracle only add our own spins to it and trash talk everyone and just goof around (well, at least I could since I could care less about doing any fighting or whatever, just milestones).

Edit: Just added two more Milestones to be awarded to a player and an alliance at the end of the world. I'm SUPER excited to bring these back and to reveal the new ones to everyone. It's time to make Grepolis a War game again!!

DeletedUser667

yes i did play on beta..was a fun world..perhaps one of the last few that was'nt alliances of one time zone against alliances of other time zones, was very diverse we had players from all over the globe in every alliance..lately it has become who can stay awake the longest as factions form and join as a team and run ops on their time..and conquest worlds you only need be off 2 hours and you likely have an unbreakable seige..it is become more about finding who is sleeping than alot of strategy..that being said i still like to play but will stick to revolt i guess from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.