The Weekly Timber (Issue 1)

DeletedUser

Def. of MRA

Im going to put this up for discussion as everyone is jumping on the bandwaggon and using the term so loosely that every alliance over 100 people is being branded as an MRA and this is not so.

In my experience in these type of games i tend to put this description to an alliance that invites Hundreds of people without the thought of late game support and locality.
They will spread everywhere and in every ocean/world they can recruit in. What seems to have happened in this game is even alliances that are in One ocean are being branded as such just because they have plenty of members.
MRA,s (and i have to accept this term) are badly run with at least 50% of inactive members that run as an individual ingame and never help each other. Im not naming names but i can think of several alliances across Grep that has been branded as such just because of size and nothing else.
All you newer players dont run away from an alliance just because of what is written ask questions, check locality and check out member activity, that way you can make your own decisions

as quoted by slobo.c and Mike62

A little late with this finding, but relevant none the less.

DeletedUser

Def. of MRA

Im going to put this up for discussion as everyone is jumping on the bandwaggon and using the term so loosely that every alliance over 100 people is being branded as an MRA and this is not so.

In my experience in these type of games i tend to put this description to an alliance that invites Hundreds of people without the thought of late game support and locality.
They will spread everywhere and in every ocean/world they can recruit in. What seems to have happened in this game is even alliances that are in One ocean are being branded as such just because they have plenty of members.
MRA,s (and i have to accept this term) are badly run with at least 50% of inactive members that run as an individual ingame and never help each other. Im not naming names but i can think of several alliances across Grep that has been branded as such just because of size and nothing else.
All you newer players dont run away from an alliance just because of what is written ask questions, check locality and check out member activity, that way you can make your own decisions

as quoted by slobo.c and Mike62

A little late with this finding, but relevant none the less.

I Would never call you an MRA for the most part you are not but you have some members as far as 3 oceans away from your core in Ocean 35.. you sister alliance was has a core in O34.. but you have recruited more members in my ocean of 46 after you stated you were not recruiting any more.. It wouldn't be bad but you recruited in my ocean near the O55 border all because he was 25 ranked in the world.. I think your fixed on making your Points strong not your team strong and that is Classic MRA material..

`Apple

DeletedUser

I Would never call you an MRA for the most part you are not but you have some members as far as 3 oceans away from your core in Ocean 35.. you sister alliance was has a core in O34.. but you have recruited more members in my ocean of 46 after you stated you were not recruiting any more.. It wouldn't be bad but you recruited in my ocean near the O55 border all because he was 25 ranked in the world.. I think your fixed on making your Points strong not your team strong and that is Classic MRA material..

`Apple

I just want to state, for the record...I have long since stopped recruiting. Since we gained in popularity in Lambda in Ocean 34 and 35, their were those who sought us out and asked to join, I just didn't say no, and let them in. I am truly not interested in recruiting from your Ocean...we feel we have 34 and 35, and that's enough to keep us busy, I think.

DeletedUser

`Apple

When he approached us I noticed we had members in that area before(within 2 Islands away), so it wasn't really a stretch.
His rank played a part (we know he's active :D ), but wasn't the only factor.

DeletedUser

Well I should state the member as he was one of our before he turned to your side.. But you say 2 islands away it almost a whole ocean way your membership mostly ends on the 46/36 border you have one member on the corner 46/47/56/57 after that you a have a couple people scattered in oceans as far as 77.. so tell me how they are strategic.. or if someone attacks them how could you help without being a "DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT"..

Love Apple

DeletedUser

Well I should state the member as he was one of our before he turned to your side.. But you say 2 islands away it almost a whole ocean way your membership mostly ends on the 46/36 border you have one member on the corner 46/47/56/57 after that you a have a couple people scattered in oceans as far as 77.. so tell me how they are strategic.. or if someone attacks them how could you help without being a "DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT"..

Love Apple

You would never make a good poker player, you see...you don't point out your opponents mistakes...you let him feel confident and then exploit him for his shortcomings...thank you though, I have corrected the oversight.

DeletedUser4223

You would never make a good poker player, you see...you don't point out your opponents mistakes...you let him feel confident and then exploit him for his shortcomings...thank you though, I have corrected the oversight.

Has there been a mass exodus in Tactics today?

DeletedUser

Has there been a mass exodus in Tactics today?

We removed quite a few players who just weren't pulling their weight, and we reorganized the ones we had but were in Oceans outside of our core. I wouldn't call it an exodus, but rather a genesis.

DeletedUser

The things that make me go, "Hmmm..."

famous.jpg

DeletedUser

Twister, again I say very well done newspaper! We're all hoping you make another one. I know it takes a lot of effort but it's nice to see some things we did highlighted eh? As for you Persian. Action speaks louder than words. So far your average abp for both alliances are nothing to brag about considering your member count. And the average points are even less......But I suppose good luck as always.

DeletedUser

Twister, again I say very well done newspaper! We're all hoping you make another one. I know it takes a lot of effort but it's nice to see some things we did highlighted eh? As for you Persian. Action speaks louder than words. So far your average abp for both alliances are nothing to brag about considering your member count. And the average points are even less......But I suppose good luck as always.

And so what would you propose we do since we own the greater majority of Ocean 34 & 35, attack our own members so that we can impress the rest of the Grepolis community with our outstanding average of ABP?

DeletedUser

And so what would you propose we do since we own the greater majority of Ocean 34 & 35, attack our own members so that we can impress the rest of the Grepolis community with our outstanding average of ABP?

Or not recruit just everyone you see that is even semi-active in O34 and O35 :p

DeletedUser

Or not recruit just everyone you see that is even semi-active in O34 and O35 :p

I suppose you believe you've made a funny, and that it makes me look bad to have as many recruits as I do...well, everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, I suppose. Just so you know, my method of recruitment was well received by my members, and I have had more than a few players tell me that if I hadn't messaged them and inspired their interest in the game they would have quit after the first couple of days and just never played again, and just so you know, a very small percentage of our alliances play less than 20 hours a week, and all our players but 1 are active...I challenge you to look at GrepoIntel as I just did and tell me otherwise. How many of your own alliance show up on the inactive list? I counted at least 6. My last word to you sir, is that their compliments and knowing that I am somehow responsible for the pleasure that they take in their game outweighs your intended insults by far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I suppose you believe you've made a funny, and that it makes me look bad to have as many recruits as I do...well, everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, I suppose. Just so you know, my method of recruitment was well received by my members, and I have had more than a few players tell me that if I hadn't messaged them and inspired their interest in the game they would have quit after the first couple of days and just never played again, and just so you know, a very small percentage of our alliances play less than 20 hours a week, and all are active. My last word to you sir, is that their compliments and knowing that I am somehow responsible for the pleasure that they take in their game outweighs your intended insults by far.

Oh I'm sure they absolutely love your method of recruiting. Because you take everyone. I mean everyone. That's always pretty good for new players, no enemies! Isn't that the point of war games?

DeletedUser

Oh I'm sure they absolutely love your method of recruiting. Because you take everyone. I mean everyone. That's always pretty good for new players, no enemies! Isn't that the point of war games?
Think of an Ocean as a Country. A Country does not war with it's self, but with other Countries. Ocean 35 is my Country. Ocean 34 is my ally. We have plenty of enemies. You, for one.

DeletedUser

Think of an Ocean as a Country. A Country does not war with it's self, but with other Countries. Ocean 35 is my Country. Ocean 34 is my ally. We have plenty of enemies. You, for one.

Can't say we are too worried about being an enemy. And plenty of enemies that you have obviously not attacked yet I'm taking it? Hahaha. You're right, an ocean is like a country in it's conclusion. However, until then, it is a warring state where one alliance conquers to make it into a country. My alliance is currently doing so in 2 oceans, having only started in one. We HAVEN'T just recruited everyone in our area, we conquered most of them having the sense to keep our small member count. I wish you the best of luck and I suppose, once we are done decimating the two oceans you will find us in we can gladly turn our eyes to yours.

DeletedUser

We shall see, won't we? Most of my enjoyment from the game comes from training the noobs, who will follow me from here to join me on a future server...eventually I'll have a following to rival with yours, just not yet, as I see you've got the jump on me. There will be other servers and other wars...if you best me here, I'll come back at you down the road. Happy Hunting.

DeletedUser

We shall see, won't we? Most of my enjoyment from the game comes from training the noobs, who will follow me from here to join me on a future server...eventually I'll have a following to rival with yours, just not yet, as I see you've got the jump on me. There will be other servers and other wars...if you best me here, I'll come back at you down the road. Happy Hunting.

I'll be eager and waiting. My alliance is family, and a growing one at that. Every world we pick up a few more welcome members. At least you can admit the differences in our alliances and I can respect that. Happy hunting to you as well :)

Now back to the topic! Is Twister still active in our little world?

DeletedUser

I don't think so, he hasn't grown for ages. So that means he wont be creating another issue I take it?

Hopefully someone else will have the time to do it

Last edited by a moderator: