The Union 2

DeletedUser2039

Yes...yes...yes...you think it is early for an academy? As do I. But with the circumstances (if you do not know you may not be paying attention...) have called for it and here it is. We will be selective of coarse, but recruitment is open to those near us, with ABP, with points, with experience, ect. Letting everyone know. Numbers are growing fast. Once it is full, there is no more. Message myself in game if interested.

DeletedUser2630

Yes...yes...yes...you think it is early for an academy? As do I. But with the circumstances (if you do not know you may not be paying attention...) have called for it and here it is. We will be selective of coarse, but recruitment is open to those near us, with ABP, with points, with experience, ect. Letting everyone know. Numbers are growing fast. Once it is full, there is no more. Message myself in game if interested.

so is this a way to circumvent the 50 member alliance cap?

DeletedUser2039

Yes, with Eclipse crumbling and their players (who are extraordinary may I comment) were looking for leadership. This academy is not a brother alliance though. Movement between the two will eventually be based on a set of criteria (I would rather not say). Still, it is slightly circumventing the alliance cap, so all in all, yes.

DeletedUser2630

Yes, with Eclipse crumbling and their players (who are extraordinary may I comment) were looking for leadership. This academy is not a brother alliance though. Movement between the two will eventually be based on a set of criteria (I would rather not say). Still, it is slightly circumventing the alliance cap, so all in all, yes.

so is that against the spirit of the rules in this game? you all have a 100 member alliance while everyone else has a limit of 50? something doesn't seem right there. Just as the game will not allow duplicate log on for members to have multile accounts it shouldn't allow for duplicate alliances to circumvent the intention of a 50 member limit.

I realize there is no ill intent on your part Tyler but this is a breach of the rules I think.

DeletedUser2687

so is that against the spirit of the rules in this game? you all have a 100 member alliance while everyone else has a limit of 50? something doesn't seem right there. Just as the game will not allow duplicate log on for members to have multile accounts it shouldn't allow for duplicate alliances to circumvent the intention of a 50 member limit.

I realize there is no ill intent on your part Tyler but this is a breach of the rules I think.

This is not a rule breach. It is very common, especially later in the game. It is really just a way of circumnavigating the cap, even though it would be more convenient to have them in one alliance, but that would be impossible. It is known of and encouraged by the Grepolis staff.
All the world settings are doing are saying the settings, breaching them (without hacking) is impossible. You can do anything within the world settings that is not banned by the rules in the list. EG blackmailing a player for resources is allowed, selling resources on eBay is not.

DeletedUser

Discussion of bans and/or cheating is NOT allowed in the forums. If anyone wants to question a rule, they can submit a ticket to the support team (settings - support). Academies are not against the rules. Rule 1 specifically states that no player may have more than one account per game world or access to more than one account. Only 1 alliance can win the world. An academy is simply another alliance who is "allied" and working more closely together with the express intent that players in the academy would have a shot at the main alliance when spaces become open.

As for if we encourage alliances? Meh, there are pros and cons to having them. We don't really have any energy one way or the other around it. Anyone in an academy who does not make the main alliance has no chance at winning. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be part of one, however there are newbies in the game who do not really care about winning the world but would like to work with better players than themselves so they can learn. With an alliance cap being so small, the newb players do not really have much of a shot at being brought into a top flight alliance. Academies serve the purpose of training and teaching. For that, I think they are a good thing.

DeletedUser2630

Discussion of bans and/or cheating is NOT allowed in the forums. If anyone wants to question a rule, they can submit a ticket to the support team (settings - support). Academies are not against the rules. Rule 1 specifically states that no player may have more than one account per game world or access to more than one account. Only 1 alliance can win the world. An academy is simply another alliance who is "allied" and working more closely together with the express intent that players in the academy would have a shot at the main alliance when spaces become open.

As for if we encourage alliances? Meh, there are pros and cons to having them. We don't really have any energy one way or the other around it. Anyone in an academy who does not make the main alliance has no chance at winning. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be part of one, however there are newbies in the game who do not really care about winning the world but would like to work with better players than themselves so they can learn. With an alliance cap being so small, the newb players do not really have much of a shot at being brought into a top flight alliance. Academies serve the purpose of training and teaching. For that, I think they are a good thing.

Thanks. I'm a noob which is why I didn't understand this. Apologies. And, as I said in my post, I'm sure there is no ill intent on Tyler's part. So it's all within the rules, that's great. BTW, I've played a lot of games before that have come and gone and I really enjoy this one more than most. You all (developers AND players) have done a great job especially with the forums, newspapers, and ribbing but fun way you all communicate with each other.

DeletedUser

Seeing as you've done it early in the game, you'll have no problem.

People from the first branch will quit and you can slowly add peeps from the second. Don't aim to keep the second branch, that aint cool.

You can tell from my seriousness that I'm against academies/branches. :D

DeletedUser2630

Seeing as you've done it early in the game, you'll have no problem.

People from the first branch will quit and you can slowly add peeps from the second. Don't aim to keep the second branch, that aint cool.

You can tell from my seriousness that I'm against academies/branches. :D

I might be too but if it's within the rules then it's fair game and kudos to Tyler for doing it.

DeletedUser2039

Once again, if it were not for Eclipse falling, I would have not created it. I am against it myself, but I am doing what is best for my alliance. If it will make TU stronger by having replacements coming from TU2, then so be it. I will do what I have to do.

DeletedUser1048

An academy is not really a bad thing, some of the best alliances in some other servers have them. With the small alliance cap a lot of top alliances will have academies soon.

DeletedUser2039

An academy is not really a bad thing, some of the best alliances in some other servers have them. With the small alliance cap a lot of top alliances will have academies soon.

I just think it takes away the point of the alliance cap I like so much. I will continue to use it though in order to stay most competitive nevertheless.

DeletedUser1048

lol I have seen academy alliances in 250 cap worlds, although only MRA's do it there. I think there is nothing wrong with it, allows an alliance to remaining competitive in the long run while allowing newer players a chance to learn and possibly end up with a top alliance. By the way your academy has better average points than most top alliances lol

DeletedUser2039

Ik...4th in average, 22nd in the world with only 20 players, and the list goes on:D I attribute this to Neil's good recruiting and the amount of Eclipse that is in it. Many former Eclipse will move to TU this weekend when we reorganize, but for now it is only temporarily holding many players. I can only reorganize so fast though haha

DeletedUser

Once again, if it were not for Eclipse falling, I would have not created it. I am against it myself, but I am doing what is best for my alliance. If it will make TU stronger by having replacements coming from TU2, then so be it. I will do what I have to do.

Again, Eclipse didn't "Fall", I chose to disband it of my own will. We were still easily in the top 3 best alliances in Eta.

DeletedUser2687

How long does Neil Frings generally take to reply? I sent him a message about 9 hours ago and he hasn't opened it yet.

DeletedUser2039

How long does Neil Frings generally take to reply? I sent him a message about 9 hours ago and he hasn't opened it yet.
Sleep>School>Sports after school>HW>Grepo....is that order somewhat. You have to understand not all have the ideal schedule. He will always reply in less than 24 hours.

DeletedUser

There's a lot of it going on in Eta anyway. Rising Shadows has Shadow Priora as an academy alliance. The Syndicate has The Syndicate Academy. I'm sure there are others. Those are the two big ones though.