The Ronin ~ Looking for more.

DeletedUser

images

We are currently recruiting active players in ocean 44 who can meet and exceed specific criteria.
Below is an application for enrollment. If you are interested please fill out the template and mail it to me in game.

Profile/Ingame Name?

Do you play from a PC, Phone app or both?

Are you over the age of 18?

What type of grepolis experience do you have?

Are you able to install and use our VOIP? Do you have a mic?

If you had to rate yourself as one of the following types of players what would it be?
Hardcore gamer - daily gamer.
Casual gamer - 3x or more a week.
Weekend warrior - 3x or less a week.

Anything you would like to add about yourself or in general to support your application?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9662

This looks kind of cool, good luck with your alliance.

DeletedUser

not to argue or make you look bad, but if you format your Threads a little more like an Add or a resume it attracts more people.

DeletedUser

If you are looking for an alliance of experience then this is the place for you. We bring experience from several worlds and several different styles of play. We are forward and straight to the point, but enjoy having a good time. If you have experience and are active then we welcome you to apply for our team.

Basic qualifications:
-Able to check in daily
-Willing to communicate on the free voice communications
-High School diploma is not required but preffered
-Willing to fill out the application

Disqualifications:
-Not willing to play
-Not being able to follow a plan
-Not thinking

If you are interested in joining the team then please send a message and we will send you the questionnaire.

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with you in the future.

DeletedUser

Strong, Elite, Compact, Strong, what do all these words have in Common? They all are adjectives that can and have been used to describe the Ronin Alliance.

Why am I telling you this?
Well, this may surprise you but for a limited time we are extending offers to join this top tier group of players. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join up with the Ronin and take control of Marathon. We are a very active and powerful guild, even though we have never been featured in the marathon top 12 sink or swim.

We are dedicated to making this game fun, this is something no other alliance can claim!

Joining the Ronin has numerous benefits

But Don't just take my word on why the Ronin is the alliance for you. Just read these many member testimonials!

I was looking for an alliance and I was going to join this group...what was their name...ugh...I believe they were called the Infection or any other top tier alliance.
So, I found an add for the Ronin on an information board at my school. It read, "Ronin: Chow, Lei capische l'inglese? Non capisko l'inglese. Lei capische l'italiano? Si, multo bene! Ego magnus vir, et tu?" Naturally, I responded, "Ja, ick bin ein groBer Mann!" So, I pulled off one of those little tabs with the contact information and noticed that their phone number was simply #1. Perplexed, I dialed the single digit telephone number and a woman, nay, a siren's voice answered, whispering seductively, "You can save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to ." Naturally, I ride a unicycle, so I informed her that I had no use for auto insurance. She responded with words like an angel's voice, "We have unicycle insurance as well."

Rejoicing, I signed up and the benefits of joining the Ronin have never ceased flowing. My unicycle now sports twin V12 8,235 horsepower engines fueled by the tears of the Ronin's enemies. Women, men, squirrels, lemons flock to me begging for just one touch, one whisper. My sword is longer and harder than ever (their armories have high quality steel, that is to say). Now I wander the world (of Grepolis) with a confidence that I never imagined, wearing my complimentary 3 wolves - 1 moon t-shirt. Thank you Ronin!

DeletedUser10653

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A RONIN ALLIANCE MEMBERS TRUE TESTIMONIAL - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a very dark time in my life when I came across the alliance ronin, an alliance on grepolis. I had just lost my job due to my being fired from it. The economy was in turmoil, due to no particular fault of my own. My wife Pink had left me and she took the kids with her. I was behind on my rent and was down to my last $6.99 to $14.99 to get just a little gold for the game. The electricity was about to be turned off and the kids (oops, I guess she didn't take them after all) were hungry. All we had to eat was baked potatos, which are pretty good and the kids like those well enough. I was at the end of my rope.

A friend sent me a link to the server marathon on grepolis, and I was immediately drawn to it. I said to myself, White, if you're going to get yourself out of this mess, you're going to need the Lord's help. You can't do this alone!" I also decided that I liked this server pretty well, and I think Jesus would have liked it too, on account of this new alliance and its oriental connotations. I swear it was God's hand that guided mine to click acept to join the alliance. It was like angels!

I was acepted and i could see immediately that my luck was about to change just from the quality of the alliance profile picture. It was obvious that it had been chosen with care to ensure that no person could disrespect the alliance and its oriental artwork. It was as though a divine force had watched over my joining personally.

I trolled thru the forums immediately, and as the kids gathered around, the first thing I noticed was that the allaince forums had the proper amount of tabs, including the one i was looking for, which is the general info tab. Also, everyone agreed that the alliance name was pretty cool. He looked kind of like he was riding into a fight, although my youngest (White Jr.) pointed out that the Ronin pictured in the alliance profile picutre didnt seem all that concerned with the fight, and it's more like he is riding home or something. But still, it was a fine depiction of both the Ronin and the oriental stuff. I thought about posting a thread, and was eager to. I posted a hello message with great responce, which was probably the result of me having chosen a great thread title. As for activity, I know this tab said general info, but you could swear it said todays birthdays. That's how warm and fuzzy this alliance is. I felt like royalty around my house! POWERFULL!!

Almost immediately, my life began to turn around. My wife came home drunk that night begging for me to take her back since she had run out of money. Some guy on the television said that the economy was probably going to start recovering soon, or maybe not. Something about unemployment figures. I didn't quite follow that, but it sounded encouraging. I also began a lucrative new career writing reviews on the generic grepo forums (unpaid so far, but I figure it's a stepping stone).

Truly, this alliance is a miracle. Thank you, Ronin alliance! God bless you, Grepolis!

DeletedUser723

Real Grepolis players would never give away some of the info you require upon joining. Even to their own alliance. The spying game is just as deadly as any other tactic we use here.

Edit: Not trying to harp on any of you or your alliances, just spreading the knowledge to better the skill level on this server. The better the players, the better the wars.

DeletedUser10653

Thnx athanasios, i always like to hear an objective side of topics, could you please elaborate on which info in the application you believe a grepo player would not give away to an alliance they are interested in joining, i scrolled up and looked thru the app again and didn't see any question that was to out of the ordinary or unusual, but i would like to hear exactly what and why , thnx again and hope we all have fun playin...

DeletedUser723

Sure.

Timezones: If you know a players timezone, you know when they are most likely to be asleep and are most vulnerable to attacks.

Offensive/Defensive: If you know how a player stacks his/her cities, then you know where to find easy offensive targets for big BP.

Phone App: If you know a player doesn't use the phone app, then you know they will be unaware of incoming attacks that the app would have alerted them to.

Experience: If you know a player has a lot of experience, you know not to take risks that you would with less experienced players.

The reason having this information is devastating, even inside your own alliance is because this game always has had, and always will have spies and alliance jumpers. Protect yourselves.

DeletedUser

I'n not sure if you're trolling or joking....but....
Timezones....eh, but negligible for more active players.
Offensive/Defensive- Usually you don't leave your OLU hanging around waiting to get attacked anyway....thats pure stupidity
Phone App- I didn't know that back when we didn't have a phone app we weren't able to check and see if there are any incoming attacks :p
Experience- www.grepostats.com
Overall, the idea that you are paranoid enough to beleive that
1. that there are always spies in your alliance
2. beleive that the reason you lose is because some spy found out whether you use a phone app
is laughable at best and is wholly ludricous.
To the OP, I think your efforts with a standarized application for your recruitment is commendable, you've got the right idea :)

DeletedUser723

1. It's not about being paranoid. It's just experience.
2. I have not lost. Yes, there are spies/jumpers in every alliance.

You don't have to believe or agree with me. Like I said, I'm attempting to make this server more competitive. I'm not sure if you posted the link to grepostats to prove that you have lots of experience or something, but your name didn't come up when I looked you up so... If you didn't play before the phone app existed, then you don't have as much experience as me. Maybe that's why you don't understand it's advantages in game. I have seen others, and I have also personally wiped players out when they made the mistakes I spoke of. You don't have to agree. You could just find out for yourself I guess...

DeletedUser

Athanasios, I can certainly see how having our enemies fill this info out and return it would be extremely beneficial however, there is not much being asked here that can not be looked up and verified by external 3rd party sites. Not to mention this application is for potential members and not probable enemies. Moreover, any good application needs to be asking questions that can be checked for accuracy and honesty. While some people do not care who they play with others do. I doubt you want your minor on voice comms with me even less than I care to be on comms with them. Here we are attempting to take measures and be socially responsible to ensure this can not happen. To be completely honest we learn far more about players from how they react to being asked to fill out the application than the info on the app itself. I for one would much rather find out how unwilling a player is to fill out a template now than mid siege.

DeletedUser

LOL ya I linked grepostats to show you how someone can look up somebody's experience....and yes, I've played before the phone app came out, I've played in the old days of 1.26....en.Delta was my main world, what was that, like a couple of months after Grepolis started, so let's not compare experience :p
Oh ya, PM me and I'll give you all the info you supposedly need to wipe someone out, and we can have at it :)

DeletedUser10179

What are your guys past worlds? I was told a few things about your alliance.

Also if you guys need some sigs, CoA's or Avatars just ask

DeletedUser

What are your guys past worlds? I was told a few things about your alliance.

Also if you guys need some sigs, CoA's or Avatars just ask

We are all a pre-made from a server with very similar settings, where we have played together for some 6-8 months in an MRA. This group consists of what the best of 11 oceans had to offer during that time. We rolled here so we could be in one ocean together and grow from there.

I am certain all you heard was completely fair and biased.

And..Thank you for the offer on graphic art. If the ones we are using are not adequate I might have to take you up on that. We definitely want to be up to snuff. I find it difficult to get them below 9.8 kb w/o a bit of pixelation.