the most effective units for defense / attack

DeletedUser

i am a former player of tribal wars ..... my beginners protection ends in two days and still i don't know the coming

- what are the offensive and defensive units .... ?

- what is the best formation to use as defensive formation ?? i mean how many numbers of each defensive unit will give me a defensive power .......... ?

DeletedUser271

The attack units are slingers, horsemen for land and Light ships for naval. The defense units are swordsmen, archers for land and biremes for naval. There are also mixt units: hoplits and chariots for land and triremes for naval.

The best formation for defense depends on your game style. Some have come up with a ration for the best defense possible but I can't remember just now. The best you can do in a defense city is stack it with defense units (either land or naval, don't do both in the same city), raise the wall at 25, build a tower and research phalanx and battering ram.

DeletedUser1048

The ratio used to be 6:5:4, think it was swords, archers, hops in that order. But with rebalancing and a ridiculous number of myths from events that ratio wouldn't work anymore.

DeletedUser

that's soooo well.

i have another question ..... in TW we used to have a defensive / offensive units .... but we did have one type of troops.

here in grepolis ...do i have to have 4 types of villages .....
offensive/defensive land village
offensive / defensive naval village

how can i distribute my current population ........... ?

DeletedUser271

Having 4 types of cities is the best course of action. They're called nukes and have much better offensive/defensive values than mix cities.

However, you must always have some naval offense in your land attack cities (Rule #1 of Grepolis is you NEVER EVER send an overseas attack without Light Ships).

If you only have one city, make it equal parts offense/defense for both naval and land. Although if you have a good alliance, you might focus more on offense and let your alliance defend you when the time comes.