DeletedUser13468

Saxon Chief I see you have said I am a gold user. I don't use much gold. I user gold to keep advisors active, use gold during some of the special events and at strategic times during the game. I have played in several worlds both on the US and various EU servers. But with out a doubt this world has or had (they left early in the game) some of the nastiest players I have ever seen.

In regards to MFLIP, he has been the best and most honest leader it has been my pleasure to play with. He plans things out way in advance (days, weeks even months ahead of time). As for your alliance, you guys built up so much DLU that we figured it would cost you in the long run that the plan was not to attack your alliance. Simple reason DENY YOU BP. We then went after alliances that were around us that were poorly run or in the way of our advance to the win of the server. We secured our wonder islands so early in the game (by about month 4) and then secured the area around them. If the players in the area belonged to small alliances that was just too bad. It was MFLIP plan from the beginning.

At wonder time we just about knew when that was going to start and all of us were on and sending resources from the start. I think we must have gotten the jump on you by at least 4 or 5 hours. You were never able to regain time. Once we saw what wonders you were building we dedicated our build accordingly. We did not out gold you during this period of the game. We simple out smarted you.

As for me I started on day one. Once BT got me into the alliance I think there was only 1 or 2 other players in the area in our alliance. We worked hard and had great detailed OPS early on in the game. We would take all or most of the cities on and around an island within one day. Players who got nasty with our alliance were sent to the RIM of the world and never heard of again. It was a plan and it worked. Gold did not win this world plans won this world. We saved out tokens (I had tokens to lessen trade times and also generate 450 favor) I used mine during the wonder builds not early in the game when we did not need them. I also had about 15 "accelerate favor production" to use during wonder time. It is amazing how much favor you can generate in a day if you have your gods sorted out. I was able to do 3 and sometimes 4 favor speeds on the wonder per day. It cuts that wonder build time down!!

I also got gold by trading RSS for gold from players both in and out of our alliance. You would be amazed how quickly you can amass gold that way. Also, I used every item from quests. I used them to speed up building, generate units, generating favor. If you use those correctly it is amazing how much of a result you see. Early in the game I used the forced loyalty to generate resources to build my cities by farming every 5 mins. Tedious but very necessary early in the game.

Your MRA should have been able to beat us with proper planning at wonder times. You should have been able to slide players in and out of your alliance to generate FAVOR times. I am really not sure what you were doing over there.

So we beat you fair and square. I would play with any of the members from Mortis on any server.

Have a nice day thisisgrepolis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here is what I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. Saxon Chief is in here saying we won because of gold. We used so much so early in the game and it propelled us to an insurmountable lead by the time wonders came along.

Here is the other side of the coin, though Chief. Your alliance's desire for gold is one reason why you guys got so far behind. Early in the game before inno fixed the gold for rss ratio, guess who we "bought" a lot of our resources from? The Saxons. You're alliance was more than happy to pass over their resources to help us grow and stunt their own. So I guess it comes back to a chicken or egg question. Who's more at fault you lost.....Mortis for buying your resources, or your alliance for selling them to us? Pot meet kettle.

DeletedUser7749

Funny

I agree, it has become part of the game, much more so in the last year and half.

I would just like to see ppl own it.

They can't say they are great players if have to use gold to win.

That's all i'm saying :)

Saxon chief were you nominated to be the MRA mouthpiece? Where are your teammates? I suppose they are humbled by the beatdown they were handed. Are you the only player with unresolved issues? Do you need to start a "gofundme" account? Honestly your team was ill prepared for a 1 speed world.

DeletedUser

Here is what I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. Saxon Chief is in here saying we won because of gold. We used so much so early in the game and it propelled us to an insurmountable lead by the time wonders came along.

Here is the other side of the coin, though Chief. Your alliance's desire for gold is one reason why you guys got so far behind. Early in the game before inno fixed the gold for rss ratio, guess who we "bought" a lot of our resources from? The Saxons. You're alliance was more than happy to pass over their resources to help us grow and stunt their own. So I guess it comes back to a chicken or egg question. Who's more at fault you lost.....Mortis for buying your resources, or your alliance for selling them to us? Pot meet kettle.

Jim Nish springs to mind. It turns out he was buying gold for another world.
I should have put someone on watching that as he didn't use it here.

Skippy,

I buy the advisers not much more like you. kind of have to if you wanna farm.
We didn't PACT anyone. We NAP'ed and gave notice before we dropped them.
So you sold out and joined the guys that beat you. The power of the dark side is strong, lol
I know you all will take my cities. I don't care as they didn't cost me anything and this is just a game.
The only reason I am still here is to have this debate about gold use and see how much more I can get the big gold spenders to use :p (Inno likes me) :)

Still my question goes unanswered.
yes gold is legal but why do you all need to use it if you are as good as you all think you are?

DeletedUser9350

As you say, it is difficult to farm without advisors. That's my gold use. Seems to me, though, you're picking nits here: Gold is okay for advisors, but not for any other use?

DeletedUser7749

Maybe they will make a world we can all join... So that way we can beat you all again?

DeletedUser12063

Maybe they will make a world we can all join... So that way we can beat you all again?

Really? You want to do this again vs. those crews? We proved all those alliances put together are just a bunch of ham and eggers. Playing another world with them would be .... well .... a can of corn (as they say in baseball).

DeletedUser

The comparisons to steroid cheat in sports are, I realize, only designed to stimulate an angry response.

But it's a fallacious argument. Steroid cheats violated the rules of their sports - they went outside the bounds of the game to gain an unfair advantage.

If you want to say that those who purchase in-game gold are "buying" victory the way the Yankees, Dodgers, Cowboys, Red Sox, etc., are - have at it. That's a fair comparison - because the owners of those professional franchises are willing to spend far more on salaries than are their competitors. Yet it's very definitely within the rules.

However, it should be pointed out that the low-spending KC Royals won this year, the Cowboys can't remember what it's like to hoist a Super Bowl trophy, and the Lakers aren't even the second-best team in California any longer.
Hi DrFr

Thanks for your comments, well though out and nicely written.
I think the comparison to steroids is accurate. It's not really a question of legality.
My comparison was about ppl doing things others are unwilling to do to gain an advantage.

It was not written to gain an angry response at all.

I like the Yankees example. I guess this is why sports uses a salary cap now to level the playing field.

Here is an example of unfair gold use.
[report]2a6563df35ebdf1c8b31c6d06096df45[/report]
[report]3a9491d78d5c783dc2831abca567797f[/report]

2 full nukes from the same city 3:20 apart.

Do you condone that kind of gold use?

DeletedUser

Hi DrFr

Thanks for your comments, well though out and nicely written.
I think the comparison to steroids is accurate. It's not really a question of legality.
My comparison was about ppl doing things others are unwilling to do to gain an advantage.

It was not written to gain an angry response at all.

I like the Yankees example. I guess this is why sports uses a salary cap now to level the playing field.

Here is an example of unfair gold use.
[report]2a6563df35ebdf1c8b31c6d06096df45[/report]
[report]3a9491d78d5c783dc2831abca567797f[/report]

2 full nukes from the same city 3:20 apart.

Do you condone that kind of gold use?

Its his money to spend, who are you to say how he should spend it? If he enjoys the game and wants to blow things up good for him... Steroids are things frowned upon in baseball. Baseball didnt ask people to use them or try to change the game so more people used them. In Grepolis, Inno wants people to spend money. Its not a free game. A lot of the things they are doing is to get people to spend more money.

Saxons and their allies (yes they pacted with the whole world, and no they didnt always break their naps or other agreements with a warning, yes more saxon chief lies.) used a lot of gold as well. What about Tharris golding out a city from 1k colony to 12 k in 6 hours. Chew did the same thing with two cities in 55 as well... Thats gold use. Minicooper was golding out cats to hit ghost before they nerfed the stone hail. Thats 3 gold users. Lstone used gold as well. Jdeoro used a lot of gold as his bp didnt support his city count. There is 5.. So that is now more then 4 gold users on the saxon side.

Shall we continue... Bmo used gold to gold out walls several times. Uptownie did so as well... So now we are up to 7.

Saxon chief, we beat you with good strategy. Get over it. You lost, you are a sore loser and thats it... Oh and I spent a total of 150 dollars on the whole server. I got most of my gold trading on other servers, or on zakros with people in your alliance like Jim Nish. I know stho, rs, doc and many others followed me to other worlds to do the same thing. Did you ever think about that? If you didnt have money for gold, you could have done the same thing. Guess you werent smart enough to think about that. So is that our fault that we out thought you as well... Should grep dumb it down for bad poor leadership so maybe you have a chance to win another server again? Who led during the wonders on your side? Did they have the whole alliance on line for the start time of wonders? I doubt it...

Basically my point is this. You lost cause we didnt chase you guys on gardens. You lost cause you pacted yourselves into a hole down in 56/66. You lost cause you couldnt keep your good players engaged enough in the game when we ignored you. You just make excuses instead of accepting the fact that we beat you guys flat out. We stuck to our gameplan, we didnt pact with the world. We didnt beg everyone else on the server to help us. From the first week of the server we worked hard to put ourselves in a position to win it, where as you guys didnt stick to your gameplan. You sold out thinking you would beat us. You tried some foolhardy attempt to break our wonders and never even got a revolt. You thought if you pacted with the whole world (again players who talked a better game then they actually played) you would beat us.

Did anyone on your side pay for voice chat software so you could work together easier? I know I did. Is that wrong that I enjoy playing a game with friends and was willing to spend 15 dollars a month on it. I can tell you it did wonders for our alliance...

Enjoy the loss... If you cant handle the game and the fact that Inno is in the business of making money (and yes they are a company) then maybe you need to find a new game. I personally think gold use has become a bit too rampant so this is my last server. I also think people whine and cry far too much when they lose, which doesnt help make me want to continue playing. I wish you the best of luck in the future Saxon CHief... But Maybe you should chose a new name, like crybaby, or phoenician trader because Saxon chief you arent... The real saxons didnt cry when they lost but went out and handled their business. Your actions arent in line with them...

Mflip.

DeletedUser

Its his money to spend, who are you to say how he should spend it? If he enjoys the game and wants to blow things up good for him... Steroids are things frowned upon in baseball. Baseball didnt ask people to use them or try to change the game so more people used them. In Grepolis, Inno wants people to spend money. Its not a free game. A lot of the things they are doing is to get people to spend more money.

Yes they are adding more things to spend money on all the time and your alliance is more than willing to spend it.
My point is not is he allowed to spend it. It's how does that make you better than anyone?
You can't say you are the best if when you spent so much money to win

Saxons and their allies (yes they pacted with the whole world, and no they didnt always break their naps or other agreements with a warning, yes more saxon chief lies.) used a lot of gold as well. What about Tharris golding out a city from 1k colony to 12 k in 6 hours. Chew did the same thing with two cities in 55 as well... Thats gold use. Minicooper was golding out cats to hit ghost before they nerfed the stone hail. Thats 3 gold users. Lstone used gold as well. Jdeoro used a lot of gold as his bp didnt support his city count. There is 5.. So that is now more then 4 gold users on the saxon side.

Never broke a NAP with out warning. You broke our NAP by taking in Musketeers and moving below the 6's. We didn't have to give warning then. No lies!
Tharris, Mini, BMO and uptownie only used gold in retaliation.
Chew, Lstone were UR and Jdeoro was OR.
So let's drop that back to 4.

Shall we continue... Bmo used gold to gold out walls several times. Uptownie did so as well... So now we are up to 7.

Saxon chief, we beat you with good strategy. Get over it. You lost, you are a sore loser and thats it... Oh and I spent a total of 150 dollars on the whole server. I got most of my gold trading on other servers, or on zakros with people in your alliance like Jim Nish. I know stho, rs, doc and many others followed me to other worlds to do the same thing. Did you ever think about that? If you didnt have money for gold, you could have done the same thing. Guess you werent smart enough to think about that. So is that our fault that we out thought you as well... Should grep dumb it down for bad poor leadership so maybe you have a chance to win another server again? Who led during the wonders on your side? Did they have the whole alliance on line for the start time of wonders? I doubt it...

I traded in other worlds which why I could afford all the advisers, lol A luxury for me. I never said you strategy was poor or you were not smart. All I've ever said is that winning a world with gold does not make you better.
I'm not a sore loser and to prove it I will publicly congratulate you.
Congratulations on buying a world :)

Basically my point is this. You lost cause we didnt chase you guys on gardens. You lost cause you pacted yourselves into a hole down in 56/66. You lost cause you couldnt keep your good players engaged enough in the game when we ignored you. You just make excuses instead of accepting the fact that we beat you guys flat out. We stuck to our gameplan, we didnt pact with the world. We didnt beg everyone else on the server to help us. From the first week of the server we worked hard to put ourselves in a position to win it, where as you guys didnt stick to your gameplan. You sold out thinking you would beat us. You tried some foolhardy attempt to break our wonders and never even got a revolt. You thought if you pacted with the whole world (again players who talked a better game then they actually played) you would beat us.

From the first week you spent gold to dominate. Everything is easier when you have deep pockets. You don't have to work so hard to keep players active cause you are winning with the help of gold. The rest of the world came together in an attempt to stop a bunch of rich kids buying a world. I know you would have liked all 7 and you will get then, i'm sure but we will stay and make you work/spend for them :)
As for the pathetic attempt on your WW's. Chew led that on his own with out asking anyone else. We knew better and told him so. He was never a Saxon

Did anyone on your side pay for voice chat software so you could work together easier? I know I did. Is that wrong that I enjoy playing a game with friends and was willing to spend 15 dollars a month on it. I can tell you it did wonders for our alliance...

We speak and communicate quite well on skype, we have fun too and enjoy each other company.
I'm sure you guys do too.

Enjoy the loss... If you cant handle the game and the fact that Inno is in the business of making money (and yes they are a company) then maybe you need to find a new game. I personally think gold use has become a bit too rampant so this is my last server. I also think people whine and cry far too much when they lose, which doesnt help make me want to continue playing. I wish you the best of luck in the future Saxon CHief... But Maybe you should chose a new name, like crybaby, or phoenician trader because Saxon chief you arent... The real saxons didnt cry when they lost but went out and handled their business. Your actions arent in line with them...

I will find a new game, thanks. I hadn't thought of that, lol
I don't like the gold use and that is all I have ever really complained about.

I'm still waiting for a reasonable answer to why you all feel you need to do it?
How can you say you were better than anyone when the gold gave you such an advantage.

If you won the world without it I you would gain the respect you seen to crave from ppl outside your circle

Mflip.

Chief

DeletedUser

Still my question goes unanswered.
yes gold is legal but why do you all need to use it if you are as good as you all think you are?

The answer is: It wasn't needed to beat you and the MRA you formed. No gold was used to help us build the wonders we did before your alliance could. You had roughly 3 times the number of people rotating in constantly and you still couldn't beat us. That's not a gold issue, that's a leadership issue tbh. If you are looking for the reason we won, it's not gold use; it's our activity level.

DeletedUser13705

The reason Saxon Chief lost is apparent in his own post. "Chew did that by himself, I thought it was dumb", "jdeoro wasn't really in our alliance", "they didn't play the Saxon way". You don't even have the common decency to stand by the team YOU decided to merge in and put together. With a leader who blatantly insults them on the externals, no wonder you had your rear ends handed to you despite having an MRA 3x bigger than us in number of players and some 10-15 million bigger than us in CP. Frankly, $100,000 worth of gold wasn't going to win you or your team a server because, guess what, you were a rancid leader.

On a side note, I was amazed you made a fool out of yourself not just on Zakros, but also on the 8 other worlds you posted your rant in. I checked out the threads before they got deleted and not even ONE player on ANY of those servers agreed with you. In fact, most of them replied either that you sounded like a crybaby/sore loser or that they've played with some of the guys on your list and not only were your gold usage stats wrong for many of them, but also that they were genuinely good players.

By the way, I love how none of your teammates are standing by you and complaining. Your fellow leader Chew showed some class even after defeat. No wonder you insist "he isn't a Saxon".

Oh, and PS, I love how you not only admit being too scared to even try to attack our wonders but criticize Chew for having some stones. "We hit stuff!" LOL. More like "We hide on the rim and NAP, then pact, then merge the world cuz we'd be slaughtered if we ever stepped foot north of the southern 5s."

DeletedUser13705

Good news though ... the Demeter event is coming soon. Maybe there'll be a recipe to generate some tissues. I'm sure GoM would gladly pass you some gold along if they help dry your tears of outrage. :)

DeletedUser12275

OMG this is a better love story than Twilight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....When is the wedding guys?:p
Anyways Congrats Mortis and Mflippy :p

DeletedUser11494

I see GOLD use like steroid use (except GOLD is legal in Grepo) Unless everyone is using then the players with deep pockets have an unfair advantage over regular player. (95% of us)

I don't know what you expect tho.. Inno isn't an NGO. It's for profit business, so obviously it has to sustain itself somehow. So be thankful to the gold spenders. Because if they didn't spend the amount of gold they spent, Inno would not exist.

DeletedUser

LOL And the saxon chief is golding up his walls... Funny how when it comes down to it, Saxon Chief starts dropping gold like crazy... Interesting huh? Guess all his arguments are null and void...

DeletedUser

Yeah Saxon Queen you should be thanking me. Even the mods have called you out, lol, this some funny stuff. Oh hows your harbor since we visited? Just think, Flip hasn't unleashed me yet.

DeletedUser7749

I find it funny that KJC didnt even attack at all... way to go guys!