DeletedUser

gold.jpg
I have more gold than all of you

DeletedUser12063

Fixed this one for you, Chief....
-------------------------------------
Well well well.......
Someone is trying very hard to feed my insecure ego. I have a need to post here and send a message to all enemy alliances in this world.

Allow me to set the record straight, seen as my name was used 

One word says it all really - GOLD - Hardly an honorable way to be a runner up. No matter what Steve Harvey says, we will have to settle being Miss Colombia.

I certainly consider buying second place as "DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY"

Before someone says "everyone uses gold" or "The Saxons had gold spenders" allow me to explain.

Most alliances seem to have 2% to 5% gold spenders at most (150 alliance cap). The Saxons had maybe 140 players willing to spend gold.
Mortis had some. Grepointel doesn’t give that info.
A lot of us spent GOLD early to grow quickly and dominate. This added up exponentially as the world went on kind of like putting money in a retirement account.
Saxons GOLD spending allowed us to become bigger than anyone in the South and turtle up.
The bigger turtle cities allowed us to ship biremes around and GOLD up DLU fleets or DLU nukes in 1/4 of time or less than non gold users could.
And so it went on..... provoking alliances into attacking or joining b/c of our GOLD fed size.
Not a new plan but with gold it was much easier than it used to be. With the new instant build and RES purchasing Grepo has introduced in the new hero worlds anyone could buy a loss. They don't even have to be good.

Am I bitter....... YES
Disappointed........ALWAYS
With Grepo for allowing this and with my complete denial that we tried to purchase a world.

I see GOLD use like steroid use (except GOLD is legal in Grepo. Well, sometimes steroids are, too. Like if you have asthma. Prednisone is kind of good for that. Or maybe a Medrol dosepak, but that’s neither here nor there. I’m not a doctor, but I play one on Grepo) Unless everyone is using our players with deep pockets to have a fair advantage over regular player. (95% of us)
If an athlete uses steroids they always deny it or pretend they get little advantage from it.
It would not surprise me to find out I actually admit one day that Lance Armstrong was robbed of 7 TdF titles.

Oh, a quick note, I have spoken to many players who have played with me before in other worlds, no one had a respectful word to say and most were NOT surprised by the tactics I used in this world.

As for the MRA, we were overwhelmed by the amount of players that were disgusted at the GOLD we had to use against MN and wanted to try and stop them. And we aligned and gave it a go and came pretty close to pulling it off. Well, a lot closer than we thought we would. So much so, we felt the need to get as many coalition players banned as much as we could and pretend MN started it. Then there were the invitations to people on wonder islands to join *War*... Pretty low and pretty much proves how far in the gutter we were willing to go to buy a world......

95% (according to a recent Gallup poll) of players play for fun. Saxons grouping 140 gold spenders together to buy second place has NO honor or glory in anyone else's book except mine and will not gain me the respect I seem to crave from the grepo world.

Not winning a world with so much gold proves a lot more!

Chief

DeletedUser

I'm not bitter my friend. I am disappointed that grepo has allowed players to buy a world, the one point you didn't address i might add.

I had no knowledge of the spy and new nothing about player being banned until MFlop informed me after I called him low for doing it to us. I have never gone in for dirty tricks. I don't even like spell wars.

I lost respect for MN when GoM joined late and spent untold gold getting 5 cities while he was still in beginners protection. Then golded up 240 cats a day to send to their death just to annoy one of our players. Then grepo changed the stone hail rules. Then the spell war started on all of his cities.

All the alliances know we couldn't compete with the size of MN and all decided to come together to try and stop an alliance buying a world. We all believed spending gold to win a world is not how the majority play the game and Mortis was just abusing the system. Admittedly Grepo has made it easy for you guys.

We knew it would be a long shot, there were a lot of inactive players in the other alliances.
But ask yourself, why would so many come together an try this (never seen before mass MRA) to beat you all.
Most of us have no respect for the gold you all spent.
No one denies you all played well and had a plan. The only thing most ppl objected to is your gold use and what bought everyone together.

When MFlop (What I have always called him) felt the need to gloat and MM everyone. I fell a need a set the record straight about the gold.
MN would have been half it's size with out the gold IMO.

Chief

Hey woman, you lost respect for me.....apparently you're aware our alliance refers to me as "the pretty one" because of my looks. If you are trying to make a pass at me, I don't date British women ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hahaha,
Maybe you don't even date women. Maybe you date boys and maybe you don't so much date them but rather pay for them with all the money you have
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

WOW.... Can u get any lower? Its amazing to see the classless behavior you have... So just because people have money and work for a living unlike you, that means they are child molestors or pay boys for things? Seriously... You are really really not a good person.

DeletedUser

WOW.... Can u get any lower? Its amazing to see the classless behavior you have... So just because people have money and work for a living unlike you, that means they are child molestors or pay boys for things? Seriously... You are really really not a good person.
Wow, lighten up guys, lol
He threw an insult out and i threw one back.
I though it was pretty funny.
Learn to take a joke, jees

DeletedUser

Are you just trying to draw the focus away from the GOLD use here and how you all bought a server?

You all spent your way to such a size the rest of the world came together to try and stop you.
And still we were no match for the amount you were all willing to spend.

We are only hanging around to see you spend some more money to get the other 2 wonders.

I looked it up on google - MN translates to "Spend all the Gold it takes", lol

DeletedUser723

Seriously, this Saxon Child is looking more and more pathetic every time he/she posts...

It's actually kind of scary when you consider the fact that it's kids like SC that never learn how to lose then when they finally do they end up going on a rampage at school or in a movie theater. If anyone lives around this kid, be careful please.

And Saxon...
Get some therapy. Seriously. Before you do something terrible. It's not healthy to cry this much about losing a game. I'm worried about you and those around you...

Edit:
PS, nobody on Baris cares about why you feel you lost on Zakros. You really shouldn't post about it in that forum anymore. Its.. sad..

DeletedUser

Flip, do you ever stop?

I mean, every time I look it seems like you're making a new little brat cry like the ..... he is :)

Congrats on the win MN. Won of the best alliances I've ever been a part of... just wish you guys knew what good settings were so I wasn't bored out of my mind ;)

I knew the second I joined up you guys had the crown locked down. Not just because of "GOLD" or because you dominated the world the entire time I was with you (although that was fun) and afterwards, but because of the fantastic leadership. Half the alliance could've left and Flip still would've found a way to keep things going, and the other leaders were great as well, each and every one of them could lead a successful alliance.

Flip, you joining another world then? I seem to remember you persisting this was the last one... but come on, you made these nubs look so silly you can't go now :p

DeletedUser

Hey guys!

Behave please. It's allowed to discuss the way gold affects gameplay but no real life insults will be tolerated on this forum. If anyone has any issues with posts you can use the report feature.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser

I highlighted, italicized and underlined the most telling part about your posts. You do twist stuff. You admit it's not true. Just like you denied that your alliance spent a lot of gold on this game and, at best, finish second. I will never understand why someone would believe anything you say again.

And if that's what your Google search revealed, it's a great reason to switch to the Bing search engine. Either that or you're being dishonest ... again. But I think I believe you on this one. Your inability to comprehend the most simple things reflects poorly on you and your alliance.

It wasn't gold that decided this world. It was the leadership of the alliances that decided this world.
No, it really was the gold :)
4 or 5 of my guys used some gold in reaction to the 40 or so MN gold spenders, yourself included.
I'm not surprised you deny it. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and A Rod all denied steroids helped them.
The users refuse to see it and find a way to justify it to their selves, winning is all that matters for them.
And this is how MN have become. You flat out win - AT ANY COST.

The real question is.
If you play so well together. Why did you need to spend so much gold?

DeletedUser

So apparently we are wrong for using a feature in the game? I am sorry Mortis has more people that are professional and can spend money on a hobby than you guys did... Maybe its time to go get a job?

DeletedUser7749

No, it really was the gold :)
4 or 5 of my guys used some gold in reaction to the 40 or so MN gold spenders, yourself included.
I'm not surprised you deny it. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds and A Rod all denied steroids helped them.
The users refuse to see it and find a way to justify it to their selves, winning is all that matters for them.
And this is how MN have become. You flat out win - AT ANY COST.

The real question is.
If you play so well together. Why did you need to spend so much gold?

Wow I am honoredto be on your list. I've played since alpha (my gf can attest to this as its right after we started dating) and I have never ran across such a person. Saxon chief what do you spend a month? Do you not have advisers? Do you not ever push a Cs for a quick take? If you say no you are lying. I watched your alliance members gold walls and push colonies too 6k in a speed one world in a matter of hours. You sir were beat. Hands down. I spend like 20 a month on average, so I'm a huge gold spender?

We never entered a cheap pact to only later stab them. We went head off on against everyone, and when you saw the handwriting on the wall you all merged to get it done. Three alliances full you rotated and still you couldn't beat us. You cannot gold favor last I checked. You as a leader chose poorly on your casting. This was your undoing.

I would like to say I have played against a number of players that are in my alliance, kjc,rs,Mrw.. To name a few. I assure you Saxon chief they are loyal active and smart players. They beat my alliance in alpha and angered me more than I care to admit. I am glad to have played along side them.

With that being said. We will break you. You are crying now? Just wait.

DeletedUser9350

Whining about using premium services in a FTP game is ridiculous. We see it all the time in World of Tanks, too - they call premium players "Wallet Warriors."

Well.

It costs money to run a company with programmers, designers, IT staff, marketing, administration, etc. "Free to play" is DESIGNED to appeal to casual gamers, but then entice some to fork over money. That's how' its designed.

Now, I've been gaming since the original Magnavox Odyssey came out in '72. Had a Fairchild Channel F, an Atari 400, and so on up to the present, in both personal computers and gaming consoles.

And I SPENT MONEY on every single one of them.

Gaming is my hobby (okay, one of my hobbies).

I don't watch much TV, don't go to movies or go out drinking.

So let me offer a counter argument to the "wallet warriors" / "buying a server" whining:

I'm tired of paying into a game so that welfare warriors can cry that those spending money have an unfair advantage.

It's a logical, entirely fair advantage.

For the record, I keep my advisors current, and that's about it.

Also for the record - Mflip and G.O.M. are two of the most organized players I've run across. G.O.M. is successful not just because he buys gold (I've played against and alongside G.O.M. on several servers; this is my first server running into Mflip), but because he (they) study the maps. Organize their alliances. Set up and run VOIP servers, and bring everyone in to play out strategy and tactics.

I'm far more concerned about the amount of time they spend on a game, than the money. We all have disposable income we apply toward our entertainment. This is how they spend theirs. To complain that we won because of gold spending is to cheapen yourself.

It was providing direction, communicating throughout the day every day, assigning roles and responsibilities to others on the team, etc., that led to the win.

DeletedUser

So apparently we are wrong for using a feature in the game? I am sorry Mortis has more people that are professional and can spend money on a hobby than you guys did... Maybe its time to go get a job?
Thank you,
Finally something resembling an admission of gold use but no explanation of why you felt the need.
You and many others have explained how good you are and well you all play together. How well you all coordinate and communicate. All necessary to be a successful alliance.
But no one has ever given me a straight answer to why you felt you all needed to use gold to win if you are as good as you think you are.
Any takers?

DeletedUser

Thank you,
Finally something resembling an admission of gold use but no explanation of why you felt the need.
You and many others have explained how good you are and well you all play together. How well you all coordinate and communicate. All necessary to be a successful alliance.
But no one has ever given me a straight answer to why you felt you all needed to use gold to win if you are as good as you think you are.
Any takers?

I am guessing they used gold just so that they could see you whine here in the forums

DeletedUser

I agree, it has become part of the game, much more so in the last year and half.

I would just like to see ppl own it.

They can't say they are great players if have to use gold to win.

That's all i'm saying :)

DeletedUser9350

The comparisons to steroid cheat in sports are, I realize, only designed to stimulate an angry response.

But it's a fallacious argument. Steroid cheats violated the rules of their sports - they went outside the bounds of the game to gain an unfair advantage.

If you want to say that those who purchase in-game gold are "buying" victory the way the Yankees, Dodgers, Cowboys, Red Sox, etc., are - have at it. That's a fair comparison - because the owners of those professional franchises are willing to spend far more on salaries than are their competitors. Yet it's very definitely within the rules.

However, it should be pointed out that the low-spending KC Royals won this year, the Cowboys can't remember what it's like to hoist a Super Bowl trophy, and the Lakers aren't even the second-best team in California any longer.

DeletedUser9350

And I didn't realize by "GoM" you meant "Ghost of Mortis." I was referring to another player from Chi and Actium. But the comparison between him and Mflip stands: Great organizational and leadership skills that would apply in any business setting.