DeletedUser

WE STARTED THIS SERVER DAY ONE... WE MADE 1 pact....

AND WE SMOKED SAXON CHIEF WHO SOLD OUT AND WENT TO THE WAY OF THE MRA....

OUR ENEMIES THREW EVERY DIRTY TRICK IN THE BOOK AT US.... BANNING OUR WHOLE LEADERSHIP, GOING FULL TILT MRA... HELL THEY EVEN BROUGHT IN TRINITY GLOBAL!!!

WE JUST SMOKED YOU GUYS ON THIS SERVER.......

I HOPE YOU JUST ENJOYED LOSING, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY ENJOYED BEATING THE MRA AND SHOWING WHAT REAL GREPOLIS WAS...

WE FOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD AND WON... WE DIDNT PACT WITH IT, WE DIDNT TRY TO HIDE, WE DIDNT BACKSTAB ANYONE... WE STUCK TO WHAT WAS RIGHT AND WON THE SERVER THE RIGHT WAY...

CONGRATS TO MORTIS!!!! WE DID IT... AND WE DID IT THE RIGHT WAY!!! (AND NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!!!)

DeletedUser13452

OUR ENEMIES THREW EVERY DIRTY TRICK IN THE BOOK AT US.... BANNING OUR WHOLE LEADERSHIP, GOING FULL TILT MRA... HELL THEY EVEN BROUGHT IN TRINITY GLOBAL!!!

I HOPE YOU JUST ENJOYED LOSING, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY ENJOYED BEATING THE MRA AND SHOWING WHAT REAL GREPOLIS WAS...

WE FOUGHT THE WHOLE WORLD AND WON... WE DIDNT PACT WITH IT, WE DIDNT TRY TO HIDE, WE DIDNT BACKSTAB ANYONE... WE STUCK TO WHAT WAS RIGHT AND WON THE SERVER THE RIGHT WAY...

CONGRATS TO MORTIS!!!! WE DID IT... AND WE DID IT THE RIGHT WAY!!! (AND NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM US!!!)

You're joking right? You did win the world I will give you that. However completing only 5 of the 7 wonders is like kissing your sister.

DeletedUser10179

congrats mflip! and my old alliance ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13217

You're joking right? You did win the world I will give you that. However completing only 5 of the 7 wonders is like kissing your sister.

A tie is kissing your sister. Winning only two wonders means you got waxed; especially when a super MRA was formed a week before wonders started.

DeletedUser13705

Dude how on earth would you know what kissing your sister is like???

DeletedUser

Well well well.......
Someone is trying very hard to feed his insecure ego. Having a need to post here and send mass messages to all enemy alliances in this world to gloat....... in caps I might add, lol

Allow me to set the record straight, seen as my name was used :)

One word says it all really - GOLD - Hardly an Honorable victory.

I certainly don't consider buying a world "DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY"

Before someone says "everyone uses gold" or "The Saxons had gold spenders" allow me to explain.

Most alliances seem to have 2% to 5% gold spenders at most (150 alliance cap). The Saxons had maybe 5 players willing to spend gold.
Mortis had at least 40 gold spenders. Almost 30%.
A lot of them spent GOLD early to grow quickly and dominate. This added up exponentially as the world went on kind of like putting money in a retirement account.
Mortis GOLD spending allowed them to become bigger than anyone in the area and dominate.
The bigger city count allowed them to ship RES around and GOLD up LS fleets or OLU nukes in 1/4 of time or less than none gold users could.
And so it went on..... bully alliances into quitting or joining b/c of their GOLD fed size and feeding on the rest.
Not a new plan but with gold it was much easier than it used to be. With the new instant build and RES purchasing Grepo has introduced in the new hero worlds anyone could buy a world. They don't even have to be good.

Am I bitter....... NO
Disappointed........YES
With Grepo for allowing this and with MFlop's complete denial that they purchased a world.

I see GOLD use like steroid use (except GOLD is legal in Grepo) Unless everyone is using then the players with deep pockets have an unfair advantage over regular player. (95% of us)
If an athlete uses steroids they always deny it or pretend they get little advantage from it.
It would not surprise me to find out MFlop believes Lance Armstrong was robbed of 7 TdF titles.

Oh, a quick note on MRW8980 - aka MFlip aka MFlop, lol
I have spoken to many players who have played with him before in other worlds, no one had a respectful word to say and most were NOT surprised by the tac tics he has used in this world.

As for the MRA slur, we were overwhelmed by the amount of players that were disgusted at the GOLD use by MN and wanted to try and stop them. So we aligned and gave it a go and came pretty close to pulling it off. Well a lot closer than MFlop though we would. So much so he felt the need to get as many coalition players banned as he could and pretend we started it. Then there was the GoM MM offering gold for RES... Pretty low and pretty much proves how much GOLD they were willing to spend to buy a world......

95% of players play for fun. MN grouping 40 gold spenders together to buy a world has NO honor or glory in anyone else's book except MFlops and will not gain him the respect he seems to crave from the grepo world.

Winning a world with out gold like a lot of us have already done proves a lot more!

Chief

DeletedUser

Its funny how many players have asked to play alongside me again... Many of my enemies have also joined me on this world from other worlds... No one got together to buy a world. We played hard. We made sure we did worked as a team...

Btw, I enjoy how you have to resort to petty name calling (Mflop) instead of actually acting like a gentleman... Not surprised by this, but again its the dirty saxon way...

Now to the gold use...

Saxon chief said they only had 2-5 percent gold users... So lets walk through the gold use...

1. Minicooper was golding out cats for 2 weeks straight and launching them at ghost. So 1 gold user there..
2. Bmo says so golded out a ton of walls and what not... So there is 2 gold users there.
3. Rabbit was using a lot of gold trying to buy city slots from a few events. Sadly Kjc beat him every time because he employed a great strategy on it, where as the saxons didnt...
4. Tharris golded out a city to 12 k in 6 hours from a colony...
5. Chew - golded out two colonies in 6 hours to 8k
6. Jim nish - he was spending a lot of gold on several worlds... This is where I got the majority of my gold for the server. Its funny that mortis was more dedicated, so we went to other servers and traded gold early on, like many of our enemies did. Just seemed to have more people do it then they did...

Now.. Its funny to hear saxon chief resort to petty name calling... Its even funnier to see all the messages from their side asking if they can play with me on future worlds. Instead of being respectful all we have heard is the same old arguments about how we won with gold or we won buy blah blah blah... They also talked about being honest and all this, while they used mods to get our whole leadership team banned for nothing 1 minute before a wonder opened.. (funny how that worked, and how the ban was quickly rescinded)

At the end of the day, several of the players on that side were in Lot who we also beat on US 1 Alpha. They are still very bitter about that defeat. So with that being said, if they are so upset, why didnt they beat us? We came to zakros, brought in a lot of players we had played with before and won the world. No one can say anything otherwise.

Nothing like a sore Loser :) Enjoy losing Saxon chief. You know the gold use is much heavier on other worlds, so you might want to find a new game :)

DeletedUser13217

Well well well.......
Someone is trying very hard to feed his insecure ego. Having a need to post here and send mass messages to all enemy alliances in this world to gloat....... in caps I might add, lol

Before someone says "everyone uses gold" or "The Saxons had gold spenders" allow me to explain.

Most alliances seem to have 2% to 5% gold spenders at most (150 alliance cap). The Saxons had maybe 5 players willing to spend gold.
A lot of them spent GOLD early to grow quickly and dominate. This added up exponentially as the world went on kind of like putting money in a retirement account.
Mortis GOLD spending allowed them to become bigger than anyone in the area and dominate.
The bigger city count allowed them to ship RES around and GOLD up LS fleets or OLU nukes in 1/4 of time or less than none gold users could.
And so it went on..... bully alliances into quitting or joining b/c of their GOLD fed size and feeding on the rest.
Not a new plan but with gold it was much easier than it used to be. With the new instant build and RES purchasing Grepo has introduced in the new hero worlds anyone could buy a world. They don't even have to be good.

Am I bitter....... NO
Disappointed........YES
With Grepo for allowing this and with MFlop's complete denial that they purchased a world.

I see GOLD use like steroid use (except GOLD is legal in Grepo) Unless everyone is using then the players with deep pockets have an unfair advantage over regular player. (95% of us)
If an athlete uses steroids they always deny it or pretend they get little advantage from it.
It would not surprise me to find out MFlop believes Lance Armstrong was robbed of 7 TdF titles.

I have spoken to many players who have played with him before in other worlds, no one had a respectful word to say and most were NOT surprised by the tac tics he has used in this world.

As for the MRA slur, we were overwhelmed by the amount of players that were disgusted at the GOLD use by MN and wanted to try and stop them. So we aligned and gave it a go and came pretty close to pulling it off. Well a lot closer than MFlop though we would. So much so he felt the need to get as many coalition players banned as he could and pretend we started it. Then there was the GoM MM offering gold for RES... Pretty low and pretty much proves how much GOLD they were willing to spend to buy a world......

95% of players play for fun. MN grouping 40 gold spenders together to buy a world has NO honor or glory in anyone else's book except MFlops and will not gain him the respect he seems to crave from the grepo world.

Winning a world with out gold like a lot of us have already done proves a lot more!

Chief

So by that rationale, you're saying that in a 150 player cap alliance only a max of 8 people will be gold users? Please tell me that you have something that's more rock solid than this. Please tell me that you have a better excuse for losing than making it seem like times are changing and the old ways of doing things are antiquated.

Where are you getting your statistics? I scoured the Wiki and was unable to find anything related to gold usage. Google wasn't much of a help. I even asked Siri and Alexa; nothing. Does being a alliance founder provide reporting on everyone's spending habits? Help me out here, bruh. To be honest you came off a little on the bitter side and a lot on the misinformed side and any respect I had for you just went out the door. I was completely unaware that gold produced favor that could reduce the build time on a wonder; which, let me remind you, is what lost you the world.

As for the negative comments about Flip, you think what you want. Clearly your research into gold usage with players on a server also led you to come to the conclusion that nobody has anything good to say about him. If he ever contacts me again and asks me to come to another server, I'll be logged on within the hour setting up shop. How about this...shoot me a personal email and I'll keep an eye out for a retro world with the perfect speed/settings and no gold usage (because clearly that's the only world where you have a chance of winning), we'll all meet up and beat you the old fashioned way. Okay Pumpkin?

I don't like to close my posts out with a "lasting statement" however since you felt the need, I'll do the same.

"Winning a world with out gold like a lot of us have already done proves a lot more!"
- The Saxon Chief

"Winning is way better when the other team makes excuses as to why they lost!" - jlaranda

DeletedUser723

1. The gold use here is nothing compared to that of Baris, Actium, and countless other servers.
2. There is no bigger gold spender than JimNish, period, and he wasn't in Mortis now, was he?
3. Gold doesn't win servers, teamwork, dedication and leadership do.

Quit crying and accept your defeat.
To all the other competitors on the server, respect for the effort. Many players cry, make excuses, or even quit when they are not handed an easy win. You all stuck it out and adapted to the situation as best you could. The Mortis train just had too much momentum to be stopped but that doesn't take anything away from you as players. Some of you are very skilled, loyal and dedicated. Again, respect to those of you who put up an honorable fight despite the adversity. Don't follow Saxon Chiefs example of being a sore loser. He still has lots of maturing to do.

DeletedUser10179

I have a respectful word to say, he is a great player and good guy, your just a bit salty you lost.

DeletedUser

The reason Mortis won Zakros is because we actively looked to minimize threats and we communicated better than every other alliance since day 1. Whether we made the decision to have a sunrise op on the enemy, or slowly starve them of bp/growth, we always analyzed the possibilities of what could happen and what is the best way to minimize a threat with minimal losses. We also made sure our alliance had the ability to continue growing. We deliberately didn't put ourselves in a corner of the world and set everyone red except for Ghost Squad (who became Umbra). We fought on 4 fronts for most of the server and it was difficult. However, it kept feeding us an endless supply of bp and city slots, which are necessary to win. This is the Mortis way. Do not pact with everyone, and aggressively try to hinder your enemy. Now I know the next argument that will come up is that Mortis didn't attack Saxons that much. You would be correct in that statement. We didn't need to. With them turtled up in 56/57/66/67 and refusing to expand, we opted to focus on the other 3 fronts and let them starve in the south. They took some cities from our inactives and maybe a couple from active players, but the bp generation was so small that by the time they realized they didn't have the cities to compete in wonders, they had to scramble to merge Olympia and then with Unity to form the massive MRA, *WAR*, that they tried to win wonders with. In my opinion, the strategy was a long play and it worked exactly as we had hoped. I am sure people from Saxons will try to refute this, but anyone who was in the conversations and looks at what transpired the couple weeks before wonders started will be able to see what happened.

As for mflip, he knows if he plays another world and calls me up, I would be one of the first to join. I've been playing Zakros since the world started and have been in Mortis since last March and I have never seen anyone manage an alliance the way he has. He is one of the best leaders I have ever seen in any game I've played. He is the best ally or the worst enemy you can have on a server and I think that makes him a great player. If you have only been on the enemy side, then I can understand people having a misguided opinion of who he is and how he plays, but if you ever get a chance to be an ally of his, you will understand why the vast majority of players he has played with would join him in other worlds in a heartbeat. Like him or not, you have to respect the job he did in Zakros as the leader of Mortis.

DeletedUser13705

Well well well.......

Am I bitter....... NO
Disappointed........YES

Chief

1) Trying to weasel a spy into our alliance during wonders with deceit and trickery was an honorable and glorious play? If you want to deny it I'll happily forward the messages to your entire alliance (as tedious as an MM to multiple alliances may be). Sounds very Voldemort-esq ... I guess chris0 is a real life Peter Pettigrew.

2) Trying to win by getting halfdork to jump alliances accidentally was an honorable and glorious play? Sounds like something Grima Wormtongue would come up with.

3) Trying (and temporarily succeeding) at banning all Mortis leadership was an honorable and glorious play? Sounds like the dives for sympathy penalty kicks that drive every soccer fan in the world insane.

4) Getting as large a group as humanly possible to gang up on a smaller team was an honorable and glorious play? Sounds like classic schoolyard bully tactics everywhere.

5) After all your dirty tricks failed, turning around and blaming "the gold system" is honorable and glorious play? I can't even come up with a parallel ... I've never seen a movie where the bad guy turns around after losing and starts whining about why he/she lost. Wait, I take that back. Eric Cartman. This is a perfect example of a living and breathing Eric Cartman. But even he had the grace to say "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" rather than sticking around and whining.

If that's what you think defines honorable play then your sense of honor is as warped as the excuses you're now making after losing. Well ... then again ... Brutus and Cassius also thought they were "honorable men". Your tactics have placed you in excellent company I must say. I'm reminded of a quote from The Patriot.

Lord General Cornwallis: You know this is not the conduct of a gentleman.
Benjamin Martin: If the conduct of your officers is the measure of a gentleman, I'll take that as a compliment.

I had (and still have) respect for the way some of your alliance played. Kalexclese was a fighter and a great sport. So was Rabbit221. Even have respect for chewtobaccospit ... he fought hard, he lost, he accepted that he put his best effort forth. For you though, I have absolutely zero.

And although I'm taking a break from the game for some time after this server ends, I'd happily rejoin if mflip texted me in a few months. And so would anyone in Mortis. And so would some of your teammates.

Have fun drinking from the cup of bitterness you served yourself with; there is no one but yourself to blame your loss on.

DeletedUser

1) Have fun drinking from the cup of bitterness you served yourself with; there is no one but yourself to blame your loss on.

I'm not bitter my friend. I am disappointed that grepo has allowed players to buy a world, the one point you didn't address i might add.

I had no knowledge of the spy and new nothing about player being banned until MFlop informed me after I called him low for doing it to us. I have never gone in for dirty tricks. I don't even like spell wars.

I lost respect for MN when GoM joined late and spent untold gold getting 5 cities while he was still in beginners protection. Then golded up 240 cats a day to send to their death just to annoy one of our players. Then grepo changed the stone hail rules. Then the spell war started on all of his cities.

All the alliances know we couldn't compete with the size of MN and all decided to come together to try and stop an alliance buying a world. We all believed spending gold to win a world is not how the majority play the game and Mortis was just abusing the system. Admittedly Grepo has made it easy for you guys.

We knew it would be a long shot, there were a lot of inactive players in the other alliances.
But ask yourself, why would so many come together an try this (never seen before mass MRA) to beat you all.
Most of us have no respect for the gold you all spent.
No one denies you all played well and had a plan. The only thing most ppl objected to is your gold use and what bought everyone together.

When MFlop (What I have always called him) felt the need to gloat and MM everyone. I fell a need a set the record straight about the gold.
MN would have been half it's size with out the gold IMO.

Chief

DeletedUser

I doubt our gold use was the reason why all of you merged before wonders. I think you guys just wanted to win the game. I bet if I went and polled the ex-ADR, ex-Ur-Ronin, ex-Olympia guys they would all say they did what they felt was necessary to give them a chance to win.

You can keep trying to champion the gold issue, but at the end of the day, players who have put forth time and effort into a server for that long are usually willing to do whatever it takes to try and win. Chew and LStone saw the writing on the wall months ago and formed Unity. You guys in the south, who had been talking mad crap about us being a MRA, didn't realize it until it was too late. Gold usage is just a front you are using to cover the fact that you sold out. The Saxons were respected earlier in the server because they believed in avoiding the MRA-style of game play. You guys kept yourselves compact, stayed small, and defended well. That strategy would've worked beautifully on a speed 3 world. On a speed 1, you basically starved to death. When you finally realized it, you made the choice to throw away the principles that the Saxons had been preaching all server to try and get the win and you failed. There's nothing wrong with having a come to Jesus moment and realizing that you need to change tactics to succeed. Just own the fact that you did it. You chose to do what you felt was necessary to win the server. It has nothing to do with gold, or revenge, or vendettas, or anything other than trying to win the server, which is why all of us stayed in Zakros for.

DeletedUser

No, it really is the GOLD USE that the other leaders and I don't like.

The talk leading up to the world merging was planned months ago and would have had Olympia building 2 wonders if they hadn't had internal problems.
The tone of the talks was always "How do we stop the injustice of MN buying a world" not "How can we win a crowns" Lots of good players quit early or mid world, disgusted by the MN GOLD SPENDING. There is no glory in way you guys have players. It was never a level playing field and we all new that from the start.
Even now i see GoM golding up a city just below our Hanging Gardens.

DeletedUser13217

No, it really is the GOLD USE that the other leaders and I don't like.

The talk leading up to the world merging was planned months ago and would have had Olympia building 2 wonders if they hadn't had internal problems.
The tone of the talks was always "How do we stop the injustice of MN buying a world" not "How can we win a crowns" Lots of good players quit early or mid world, disgusted by the MN GOLD SPENDING. There is no glory in way you guys have players. It was never a level playing field and we all new that from the start.
Even now i see GoM golding up a city just below our Hanging Gardens.

All this crying about gold use and buying a world...you need to ask yourself why you play this game. Me personally, if I don't like a game due to the inequities it creates then I'm either going to play a different game or use a credit card with a high limit and a low interest rate. Instead of sitting here and crying about it how about you do us all a favor and ghost out with whatever remaining personal pride you have.

That's MY opinion. While you're trying to decide what to do I'll be staring at this.

world.jpg

And I'll post this just so you can cry a little more about it.

gold.jpg

DeletedUser

All this crying about gold use and buying a world...you need to ask yourself why you play this game. Me personally, if I don't like a game due to the inequities it creates then I'm either going to play a different game or use a credit card with a high limit and a low interest rate. Instead of sitting here and crying about it how about you do us all a favor and ghost out with whatever remaining personal pride you have.

That's MY opinion. While you're trying to decide what to do I'll be staring at this.

View attachment 2602

And I'll post this just so you can cry a little more about it.

View attachment 2603

Hahaha, Those to pics just prove my point.

MN played this world on steroids willing to spend as much money as it took to buy a world.

Thanks for sharing.

I rest my case.

Chief

DeletedUser10179

Gold can only take you so far, they won't with a mixture of talented players and gold. That image is also of one players gold, every alliance has its heavy golders, those images don't prove anything about it being "unfair" because of gold.

DeletedUser13217

Hahaha, Those to pics just prove my point.

MN played this world on steroids willing to spend as much money as it took to buy a world.

Thanks for sharing.

I rest my case.

Chief

That's why you shouldn't believe everything you see, Saxon Chief. You lost straight up.

saxon1.jpgSaxon2.jpg

Don't worry though, this one is real.

world.jpg

XOXO

Jaime

Attachments

• gotcha1.jpg
    gotcha1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 104

DeletedUser12822

Funny posts... although you NEVER want to use a credit card to finance a purchase you can't afford.