The Last 24 Hours.

DeletedUser15784

Hello Inno,

Not even sure why I am writing this because I am done playing this game but I just wanted to send a message to Inno that I hope they realize that this 1980s browser game with horrible graphics is a dinosaur and will be soon extinct. The only reason this game exist is because of the teams of friends that enjoy playing alongside each other. With flight stimulator‘s, virtual reality , And 3-D games on the horizon this game will not be able to compete. It is just a shame that an honest mistake that could’ve been fixed if Inno would of just stepped up in the beginning and owned it and fixed it . You speak of only 35 players being banned over nine worlds but you forget to consider that of the 35 players you banned leaders that destroyed alliances also you don’t count the number of cities lost. Some of these players had hundreds of cities. Core cities, frontline cities, myth nuke cities. The compensation per lost city should have been at least 25,000 gold or the amount it takes to gold a city from ground up. That should’ve been the least amount of compensation given to each player per lost city due to the ban. It wouldn’t of cost you anything because it is imaginary gold if you guys didn’t realize that but what you lost is real players, spending real money, for years to come. Let’s do the math shall we, 35 players @ $500 a year= $17500 yearly x 3 years = $52500 loss over the next 3 years and this is a low estimate Because I know players that drop $500 in one event. I don’t know who is running the show in your company but your a idiot!!!

Dave
If some one spends 500 for an event they need help.
Don't get why people who play the game complain about it. Just quit and go away

Corwin36

Artisan

This game is here because Innogames wants to make money, driving away the folks paying for your "free" games is kinda silly on their part. Enjoy it though, if the golders leave, you will have to watch ads to farm or attack people.

DeletedUser15190

This game is here because Innogames wants to make money, driving away the folks paying for your "free" games is kinda silly on their part. Enjoy it though, if the golders leave, you will have to watch ads to farm or attack people.

how things are going that just wont cut it because they will have to kill off the market..

DeletedUser14254

Who asked for your opinion, how about mind your business

DeletedUser5524

Who asked for your opinion, how about mind your business
Its an open thread and people are all allowed to share their opinion. There are some people who aren't as opposed or just don't even care about what happens and they have just as much right to share their thoughts as those who were opposed to what happened.

DeletedUser15111

Sooooo to recap. Inno has done. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Offered a gold package to some players that amounts to 10 dollars? The started offering packages immediately. Got some
Other mods to listen to pissed off people?

What a joke

DeletedUser13931

smiley_emoticons_frown.gif

DeletedUser4460

Offered a gold package to some players that amounts to 10 dollars? The started offering packages immediately. Got some

What a joke

I keep in touch with a few affected players.
First all of them got a ‘gold gift’ - 1.5K gold for 3 days, 2K gold for 7 days ban regardless their losses, if someone was banned on multiple worlds, they got more. This was only the beginning, everyone could appeal for more.
Since then they reviewed the bans one by one and more players got extra compensation depending on their losses: more gold and spells (great arming, efficient architects, side by side colony ship).
Unfortunately I don’t have enough info, but my impression is the amount of compensation was set to cover minimum rebuilding costs and didn’t take into consideration that some players felt they lost too much (over 70% of their cities) and rather quit those worlds than rebuild.
After all players can still appeal... I would like to read feedback of players who were actually banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15190

What a joke

tho their 40% bonus gold on next purchase offer was pretty solid.. thinking anyone here will want to invest money on this market lol..
hmm it also might be good to mention that EN market offered 60-100% gold on next purchase when new conquest opened up.. so yeah..

Selectron

Citizen
tho their 40% bonus gold on next purchase offer was pretty solid.. thinking anyone here will want to invest money on this market lol..
hmm it also might be good to mention that EN market offered 60-100% gold on next purchase when new conquest opened up.. so yeah..
yeah, the game probably has to generate some minimum income each month. If they lost income during that ban, they probably made up for it by offering those extra packages. They are a 'for profit' company after all -- can't blame them for that.

I don't mind paying to play -- if I am having fun. But if I got ripped off - like being falsely banned and lost cities because of it -- it would not be fun anymore. Thanks to what happened to those banned players, I didn't buy that last 'awesome' package. I went out shopping instead.
smiley_emoticons_hera.gif

Last edited:

Selectron

Citizen
I keep in touch with a few affected players.
First all of them got a ‘gold gift’ - 1.5K gold for 3 days, 2K gold for 7 days ban regardless their losses, if someone was banned on multiple worlds, they got more. This was only the beginning, everyone could appeal for more.
Since then they reviewed the bans one by one and more players got extra compensation depending on their losses: more gold and spells (great arming, efficient architects, side by side colony ship).
Unfortunately I don’t have enough info, but my impression is the amount of compensation was set to cover minimum rebuilding costs and didn’t take into consideration that some players felt they lost too much (over 70% of their cities) and rather quit those worlds than rebuild.
After all players can still appeal... I would like to read feedback of players who were actually banned.
Thanks for keeping track of that. Sounds like the players will never recover. I'd be curious about what caused the false bans. Was it just bad coding for the update in the US world?

Thanks for keeping track of that. Sounds like the players will never recover. I'd be curious about what caused the false bans. Was it just bad coding for the update in the US world?
Inno more than likely won't state what caused it. However, it's likely that someone forgot to test if it'd pick up scripts as bots. Or it could just be programming in general, which typically doesn't work much.

DeletedUser9133

So a token offer of gold for calling people lies and cheats. Then trying as fast as they can to sweep it under the rug. These guys should form an Olympic curling team.

DeletedUser4460

Inno more than likely won't state what caused it. However, it's likely that someone forgot to test if it'd pick up scripts as bots. Or it could just be programming in general, which typically doesn't work much.

from DevBlog:
https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=2451
We would also like to point out that this problem occured due to combination of a misconfiguration and several other problems that were exclusive to the US market. The tools are neither being tested on this market, nor were they implemented without prior testing on the beta environment. This was merely a case of several individual smaller problems leading to a bigger error in the system that targeted the aforementioned ~30+ innocent players, which is something we still deeply regret and understand the frustration about.