The Last 24 Hours.

DeletedUser4460

LOL. "hey, sorry we treat you as sheep, and do not care about you as a customer, but hey, buy this package!"
yeah, total inappropriate offer until the real compensation of falsely banned players is not handled... i bet many still have pending appeals

DeletedUser15190

Ha! Inno has been looking into it. They rolled out a new bonus package offer trying to make up for lost income. Talk about we don’t give a DAMN if we screwed you. Give us more money.

sad thing is most top golders wont even care they will just keep on buying offers.. it doesnt matter that they might eventually end up banned and in exactly the same situation most have been in past week but hey keep on investing !

if i was in their shoes i would be really careful with real money investments US market wise if not InnoGames globally..

Selectron

Citizen
Inno (along with other game developers) rely on how much we are addicted to their games. Some players have their entire egos wrapped up in this game -- and Inno knows that.

With this new attractive (and expensive) bonus package being offered, Inno will probably make money on their (latest) mistake. (smh)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4460

https://devblog.grepolis.com/?p=2451

DevBlog said:
Steffi says:
April 24, 2018 at 12:07 PM
Unfortunately the player council is not currently active as we’re waiting for the elections of the second term, which will likely also allow us representation from the United States if all candidates meet the requirements (currently being confirmed). However, it will be necessary that any new player council members confirm their willingness to take part in the project with the Community Managers, which unfortunately did not happen for the last term, although we did have some election results.

That said, we have released an explanation about the tool issues yesterday, as soon as the issues were resolved, and we started compensating players for the amount of days they have been banned unjustly as a first step. We are still in the process of compensating the more extreme cases that could not be covered by a generic compensation. However, fortunately only a relatively low amount of players was directly affected by this malfunction of our tools (37 cases across 9 game worlds – all other bans we found to be correct and justified), so we can look into their cases individually and find a compensation that should hopefully make up for most of their losses and help them lower the impact on their whole alliance.

We would also like to point out that this problem occured due to combination of a misconfiguration and several other problems that were exclusive to the US market. The tools are neither being tested on this market, nor were they implemented without prior testing on the beta environment. This was merely a case of several individual smaller problems leading to a bigger error in the system that targeted the aforementioned ~30+ innocent players, which is something we still deeply regret and understand the frustration about.

The configuration issue, as well as the tool, have been fixed immediately after we could confirm the issues and we are confident that no such error should occur again. Furthermore we will train our supporting teams to handle such situations with even more care.

We hope that the affected players and their alliances will accept our apology as it was not our intention to cause any harm by attempting to keep the game a fair place for everyone playing without the help of bots.

DeletedUser15919

Never underestimate the power of Stupid. & Most of us agree, certain people/companies are stupid...

Rodrk

Peltast
LOL. "hey, sorry we treat you as sheep, and do not care about you as a customer, but hey, buy this package!"

If you buy that $150 package now or prior to this issue you suck at life. I'm not afraid to spend some $, that is just silly. I'm not currently in a world for the first time in 5 years (mainly because there is not one worth joining). I got an offer, valid for 3 days - 1 x construction buff, 1 x increased RSS production and 100 x gold.

wow, generous! 5 years of game play and that's the offer to come back lol

DeletedUser15919

If you buy that $150 package now or prior to this issue you suck at life. I'm not afraid to spend some $, that is just silly. I'm not currently in a world for the first time in 5 years (mainly because there is not one worth joining). I got an offer, valid for 3 days - 1 x construction buff, 1 x increased RSS production and 100 x gold.

wow, generous! 5 years of game play and that's the offer to come back lol

It's not about providing a competitive, live environment game for a community, its only about how much they can squeeze the piggy bank before they are forced closed by any government for fraudulent activity. It's the primary reason there is no office outside of Germany. It limits jurisdiction.

DeletedUser4460

any UK players here? when you got the pop-up about the new war packages on any US servers, you sure noticed the price was in USD... but did you notice you pay in £?
159.99USD on the pop-up
159.99£ in the shop
tricky...

gR3_XE1CSc_25FPLNsY-0A.png
7c2db3d95cf825d0aee93a60c3fafbaf.png

1e5b49b03a0da62375739d034fa54103.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9133

yes, that's the ticket, Trick your players into paying more for something.

If you do decide to buy, DON'T pay with your credit card.
1) I don't want them having my card info.
2) Paypal handles disputes better.

DeletedUser15919

Just an FYI - that 159.99 package previously in some form was just 99.99. Seems the way to make up for a PR disaster is to jack ...up?

DeletedUser11585

So not only have they scewed everyone they also increased prices on packages by 50%

DeletedUser5524

I've kept quite on this issue but I would still love to see a response from the us CoMa even if they en mods/lurks carried most of the burden already....

DeletedUser3750

I am tired of these gold offers and event after event. You use to be able to get an edge on opponents by using some gold but it wouldn't guarantee success and now it does. I'm just not willing to shell out this much cash on this game and that limits the amount of success I can have depending on the world. I just want a some what even playing field but that is never going to happen with this game anymore.

DeletedUser15357

Would also like to draw attention to the starter packages. The $20 pack used to get you advisers for 10 weeks, as well multiple resources production boosts, build time reduction, and 40 or so COWar and COWisdom. Now, you get them for 35 day, one resource production boost, and like 10 reduce build times with about 200ish gold and less than 20 COWar/Wisdom. This change was completely unannounced as well which is ridiculous. But the fact that the SP's got greatly reduced and virtually made insignificant/useless is absurd. That was a good way for people to get a good boost at the beginning for a cheap price and then they'd be able to compete with the mass-golders. Now, people can't.

One last point: We've all heard "how much people spend on the game isn't in data we can see or affect how we handle situations". this is the biggest lie since well, the game has been around. I've known mass-golders who cheat, use bots, and other illegal scripts. They're reported multiple times, nothing happens to them. If this also wasn't the case, this game would be a hell of a lot better to play and people could actually play it without being under constant attacks from nukes that were killed an hour ago yet somehow are fully reloaded the next hour and already inbound again.. The game is now tailored to them. And it's why people are leaving and complaining all the time. There's virtually nothing positive on these forums because of it. All it takes is a simple fix.

DeletedUser15190

DeletedUser15357

sorry but i gotta correct you.. out of all games, regardless of the market, grepolis makes least money for Inno.. elvenar and forge of empires are what they are mostly talking about in that press issue..

With how things have changed and how it's being directed, I'm sure Grepo is quickly catching up...

DeletedUser14254

Hello Inno,

Not even sure why I am writing this because I am done playing this game but I just wanted to send a message to Inno that I hope they realize that this 1980s browser game with horrible graphics is a dinosaur and will be soon extinct. The only reason this game exist is because of the teams of friends that enjoy playing alongside each other. With flight stimulator‘s, virtual reality , And 3-D games on the horizon this game will not be able to compete. It is just a shame that an honest mistake that could’ve been fixed if Inno would of just stepped up in the beginning and owned it and fixed it . You speak of only 35 players being banned over nine worlds but you forget to consider that of the 35 players you banned leaders that destroyed alliances also you don’t count the number of cities lost. Some of these players had hundreds of cities. Core cities, frontline cities, myth nuke cities. The compensation per lost city should have been at least 25,000 gold or the amount it takes to gold a city from ground up. That should’ve been the least amount of compensation given to each player per lost city due to the ban. It wouldn’t of cost you anything because it is imaginary gold if you guys didn’t realize that but what you lost is real players, spending real money, for years to come. Let’s do the math shall we, 35 players @ $500 a year= $17500 yearly x 3 years = $52500 loss over the next 3 years and this is a low estimate Because I know players that drop $500 in one event. I don’t know who is running the show in your company but your a idiot!!!

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: