The Last 24 Hours.

DeletedUser15190

Ok. Quick recap. I spend more money in this game than most.... But I'm not happy.

Got a 20 day ban for first infraction on forums for saying the "P word". Understand why I got banned. However 20 days? With this ban got a message from the mods on why I was banned... A message I could not open till my ban was lifted. Makes so much sense right?

Then in game i received a ban for a city name that was not harsh. When I replied to mods it took only a short 36 hours for mods to reply. With this reply I called them Sims as a city name should take no more than 6 hours to be handled. The next reply from mods said blah blah blah apologize for calling us Sims and us not doing our jobs or ill ban you forever. Great leadership!!! Finally 4 days later I got off ban, all for something that should have been handled in 6 hours. If you don't have the time... Don't be a mod.

Next up...

I received a 3 day Attackable ban for unapproved scripts. Yet the scripts I use COME OFF YOUR FORUMS! Once the mods promptly answered my appeal (19 hours later) It was said I use a script that helps me at night. Hhhmmm I can't even figure out Discord. Much less a bot. Further more if the script your talking about is MY GREPO APP or approved scripts then you all should take it off of Google Play Store and out your forums.

Also it seems I'm not "cheating" in my other 2 worlds...? Come on! Also if you make our accounts un-attackable now... How are you going to compensate for the lost cities, $1,000's, our lost time and alliance morale?

Summery.... Fire EVERYONE. Get with the program. #MaulForPresident

bruh.. they cant compensate you for anything you lost, if you want any funds that you invested in, just open dispute on paypal and get your money back.

DeletedUser15947

bruh.. they cant compensate you for anything you lost, if you want any funds that you invested in, just open dispute on paypal and get your money back.
Then they should not be able to hand out bans. If they are able to create the problems.... I expect them to be able to fix them. That's what being a adult is.

DeletedUser8870

in all seriousness all those affected by this should do just evilking suggested and that is compensation back through pay pal accounts we did that before in another game long ago every single person got money back they were only able to refund anything within the past 6 months but paypal did it and 3 months later the game was shut done as a result of paypal suing them for the compensation they gave the players

DeletedUser15190

Paypal is the modern bully, you better give your paying customers stuff back that they invested and got treated like this or your company goes down :)
i like paypal and support everything those guys do regarding how they treat their users.

DeletedUser9037

Someone certainly needs to step up and take responsibility for this, and better sooner than later. The fact that it has been kept hush hush and is not on the Dev Blogs, or Facebook or anywhere other this external forum says a lot to me.

This is a 24/7 game, as are many other games of theirs, so therefore I would think that there would be at least one person at Inno available 24/7 for emergencies. Or at least on call, every company usually has at least one person on call. Someone that could have made the call on either cancelling the bans or making them unattackable. Even if there was nobody on call, could this not have been done what, 6-7 hours later when Inno was up and working in the office? Ball dropped, right there, a huge one, one that could have helped to put a halt to everything going on that nobody could do anything about, and certainly would have alleviated some of the hostility currently being projected right now.

And another question. So far every support ticket I have seen so far has the same moderator responding. I do not know how many worlds the responses are from, I know at least two of them, and I know mods are responsible for more than one world (they have to be, there are only a handful of them!), but if the same moderator had this massive influx of ban appeals, that should have been the very first clue that something was wrong. And this should have been figured out within 8-12 hours easy...which I would like to again say, would have been within the Inno open office hours.

Now, I feel for the players that lost wonder cities because of a company error, and I would not blame them for being furious, wanting someones' head, and/or leaving the game, that is more than a years worth of work down the drain due to something out of their hands that could have been rectified if only someone had spoken up sooner. Now it is too late, and faith and trust has been lost by the players, as you can see from this whole thread. I only wish more players affected by this had stepped up and spoken in here also so Inno could see exactly how they were affected by this. However, I am willing to bet more than half the players never check the external forum, so they do not even have a clue that this is being discussed currently in here. My guess is they are still sitting there, waiting for someone to respond to their support ticket, feeling abandoned and have probably given up all hope on in game support. Another ball dropped.

Inno needs to realize that you can't keep customers with subpar support. You do not have enough moderators, and from my experience, quite a few of the moderators do not have much knowledge of the game, which needs to be changed also. However, apparently you have to have a completely clean player account to get a position, and that must explain why you are always asking for more applicants. By being too picky, you have missed out on what would have been some very good moderators, ones with a massive amount of in game experience, that would have made all your jobs much easier. And not exactly sure what happened in the past couple years, but do not think that nobody noticed that most of your best moderators have all quit or been let go. One of them was in my alliance when they quit, and I never asked, but something must have happened that made them so upset that they actually completely walked away from the moderator position and the game and have never looked back.

Someone mentioned paying the moderators with cash instead of gold, it is not a bad idea at all...but actually give them the ability to think for themselves and make actual decisions if needed, also. Not everything is black and white, as this failure has proven to all. The inability on the players part to prove their innocence is absurd, and the mods cryptic messages without actually telling the player what they did wrong are even more absurd. But please, change your generic responses, and if your evidence is fully conclusive, I don't really care about your methods, I want to know what time you thought I was cheating, so I can go through and tell you exactly what I was actually doing and prove your evidence is incorrect. Someone that has never been busted using an illegal script before should be given the opportunity to prove themselves innocent.

Well, I imagine this thread will quiet down in the next day or so as players come off of ban, but could pick up also after they get back into the game and see what kind of damage was done while they were locked out and get upset all over again.

Corwin36

Artisan
I sent a message to support asking for one reason not to dispute all my paypal payments in this world and continue to play. of course I didn't get a reply, I do appreciate they didn't bother with a canned one. Anyway I am done. The mods seem to favor certain friends in various worlds and ban players to help them. I can't prove this but its seemed that way for a while. No matter what else happens what little trust there was that the game was honest has been permanently lost. I am gone for good this time, Later days to my friends here!!! There are better ways to spend your lives

DeletedUser15190

@HMZephyr this thread will quiet down because all the players or most at least that got banned are quitting grepolis for good or US market lol

you can't prove you are innocent because "evidence gathered is fully conclusive and 100% accurate " lol

DeletedUser4951

I'd just move to the EN market. I talk about how bad our mods there are all the time. But they've never been close to this bad. The only benefits to stay here are the constant flow of 3 speeds and crowns. But most of you guys would get crowns again within 1-2 worlds.

DeletedUser15111

The grepo commuity sits here waiting and inno has done absolutely nothing. Long time players are throwing in the towel. This game will never be the same.

The most unfortunate part of this is to see players and teams taking advantage of the situation. We all know something is wrong. Cmon guys. Let’s fix what inno can’t. This game is about the people you play with.

DeletedUser15969

Exactly, I call a peacetime among our Grepo community. No attacks until they figure this out. It's not fair.

DeletedUser3227

I have played Grepolis since Delta, and before on Hyperborea, I can honestly say that my current world will be my last, I am not banned, however know multiple players, both enemies and friend who are, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT using any unapproved scripts, all that many have asked is what script is being used so that it can be removed and prevent another ban, all the mods can say is that they cannot provide the methods that are used to detect the script. That is wholly unacceptable, if I violated a rule, in all games, if a rule is violated it is spelled out what was done to violate said rule, I care not for how it was detected, I only want to know what script was used so that it can be removed, there by allowing play without being banned again, if you can't tell me even that, then ALL bans should be rescinded and some forum of compensation offered

DeletedUser13666

I have played Grepolis since Delta, and before on Hyperborea, I can honestly say that my current world will be my last, I am not banned, however know multiple players, both enemies and friend who are, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are NOT using any unapproved scripts, all that many have asked is what script is being used so that it can be removed and prevent another ban, all the mods can say is that they cannot provide the methods that are used to detect the script. That is wholly unacceptable, if I violated a rule, in all games, if a rule is violated it is spelled out what was done to violate said rule, I care not for how it was detected, I only want to know what script was used so that it can be removed, there by allowing play without being banned again, if you can't tell me even that, then ALL bans should be rescinded and some forum of compensation offered
I agree, because they refuse to give any information, not only did i get banned in Nicaea (a 3 first offense, but they also banned me in Dyme the next morning. Second offense so not a 3 day. I didn't even understand what i had done wrong the first time, let alone to have it happen again and worse 12 hours later)

DeletedUser11093

Lets be logical, 1 or 2.....

1)Lots of people all get banned at the same time for cheating because they are a load of bot using cheaters.

2)The method inno use for detection of in-game rule breaches has been updated and is providing wrong information.

Anyone on us66 will know that 1) is not realistic, unrelated and just a nonsense. As much as my alliance is enjoying not loosing for once, we are not loosing for the wrong reasons!

As far as customer service in grepo goes i would vote yes to paid in game mods, spread em out to cover several servers, run it 24/7 like the rest of the game.

Can i suggest this: When a player is in dispute over a ban put them into vacation mode with immediate effect (without deducting the days from their balance) . Allow them time to state their case, then make a verdict and apply either a pardon or punishment. Let them know why this has happened and what evidence you have.

You cannot undo what is done, so put a pause button in place and let your customers get the service they deserve!

DeletedUser4951

Guys I'm going to give a harsh dose of reality. Some might not believe it or like it. But I'd appreciate everyone not only hearing it out. But talking about it with their friends and alliances.

None of these suggestions will happen. Nothing will change. Medic can't even be bothered to come out and face you and it's been over a day now. This server has been dying for years and this kind of thing is why. They're not going to fix it and even if they do, those who left for other servers aren't coming back. But not every server is this terrible. Not even close.

So hear me out here, everyone. On Thursday the 26th of April, EN opens a 4/3 conq world. I propose that everyone mass ghosts here and we all play that together. You can build a better community and start a new chapter. New rivalries can be started. Its the perfect world for it.

DeletedUser15947

Sorry for the delayed response.

We may have identified a possible glitch in our tools, however, until this is verified by InnoGames we are required to follow the information provided by our tools.

Unfortunately this means we will be maintaining your ban as is

Sincerely,

TAZ
Server Admin

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS FINEST!

"We made a mistake yet we are still going to punish you"
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

DeletedUser9037

Sorry for the delayed response.

We may have identified a possible glitch in our tools, however, until this is verified by InnoGames we are required to follow the information provided by our tools.

Unfortunately this means we will be maintaining your ban as is

Sincerely,

TAZ
Server Admin

CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ITS FINEST!

"We made a mistake yet we are still going to punish you"
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

Quick! Throw a gold contest on the Facebook page to distract everyone from the huge screw up that has occurred that we have still not addressed! That should take care of everything!