The Last 24 Hours.

Putter

Citizen
tMGNYQ6.png

DeletedUser15567

They can go ahead and ban me from the us servers. US servers stink anyways. Big bad mods reported me for the same mod bashing twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selectron

Citizen
Another thing, check out the bottom-feeders who are taking advantage of the Inno Grepo ban script bug. You can check Grepolife to see who they are. Those players should do the right thing and return the cities they have pilfered while other players were unjustly not allowed to play the game to defend them. The Grepo community should also be working together to help make it right.

Selectron

Citizen
We basically have a ban script bug. I think players can get a ban for taking advantage of game bugs. So unless Inno can approve setting the game back to the time of the update, other players should not be taking advantage of this bug. Those are the players who might get banned next. lol

Selectron

Citizen
Since it is not the players' fault, what is the best way to make it fair for everyone?

I think setting the game clock back to the time of the update might work (but I don't know if that is possible.)

DeletedUser15919

Another thing, check out the bottom-feeders who are taking advantage of the Inno Grepo ban script bug. You can check Grepolife to see who they are. Those players should do the right thing and return the cities they have pilfered while other players were unjustly not allowed to play the game to defend them. The Grepo community should also be working together to help make it right.

So, in a game of 24/7 environment design, based upon real life conditions, everyone stops what they are doing, goes into their safe spaces, receives good job trophies & Hillary wins the Election? In an alternate reality, YES these things can happen.

In THIS reality, those in a live time environment either continue, having to accept the situation & adjust on the fly in live time. THAT is the danger of a live time environment - we are all resources to each other & those resources are limited. Each & every player can make up their own minds & decisions on how to resolve things in each circumstance. Welcome to a community.

Selectron

Citizen
Well, I wasn't affected by this mass ban, but I am standing up for others who were unjustly affected. I logged into my only current US world and instead of a ban, I was offered an expansion package. This is an a world that will close in 2 days. Go figure. /sarcasm

This is a just a game. Online gaming communities adjust to real-life situations. If there was a player death, or in this case, a game script bug, the community adjusts and sets its own rules. After hearing about all the losses, I just don't think it's fair to take advantage of this ban script bug, especially while Inno decision-makers are off for the weekend.

DeletedUser14648

Can you let me know if you find a good one? Looking for something with team play and non 24-7 requirements but that doesn't "reset" every "round" like MOBA's or most multiplayer non mmo games

DeletedUser4460

For those who don't want to read all posts / prefer to skip the non-constructive stuff:

this is not the first mass-ban in InnoGames/Grepolis history (e.g. 2014 Thanksgiving bans), but a topic for community feedback was provided by support team which is unprecedented as ban discussions on forum are not allowed in general

support has new bot-detection tool with admittedly potential glitches which they reported and are waiting for InnoGames decision

according to posts community request is temporary unban / change all bans to unattackable - support is not authorized to do so

speculations arise that usage of approved 3rd party scripts may have lead to false bans

Questions:

@Antz2013 or any staff member...
when players appeal do you double check with your old tools whether they used unathorized scripts / bot or 'not permitted to override the procedures set by InnoGames' means you accept the foundings of the new tool as exclusive proof?

Personal conclusion:

in the light of all the posts I hope mass bans got enough attention and this topic will be kept for future reference, because until certain level it is the support team's ethical responsibility to provide fair appeal opportunity for everyone, limit the number of daily bans what they can investigate and confirm without doubt. There is always another day, you can mark those players, save your records, we were waiting for months, years for some botters to be a banned...

It would be nice to know what was the margin of errors - I can imagine a much more positive community response if you announced for example that you caught 60 real botters on the price of 10 false bans. Those damages, lost units, lost cities are nothing what a community couldn't process - friends or foes help each other in these critical situations, just like many players pointed out above. So many nice tokens, war packages are available what would be perfect compensation and only cost an apology of InnoGames to get the goodwill of the players back. Pretty sure that most don't want to quit the game if their reputation can be cleared after false bans and these issues wouldn't be buried as usual... 4-5 extra quad or 2-3 great arming tokens and they will wish to be banned again & feel like the heroes who made a big sacrifice to make the game great again...

We all know the last ~48 hours was tough for some players but don't forget the last months, year(s) were too because cheaters slowly ruin the game, InnoGames is working on new bot-detection methods to change that... our constructive feedback can bring this into a positive direction, don't ruin it with trolling please...

Finally if you want to help the Support Team, you can always apply here ;)

dan10000

Senior Citizen
For those who don't want to read all posts / prefer to skip the non-constructive stuff:

this is not the first mass-ban in InnoGames/Grepolis history (e.g. 2014 Thanksgiving bans), but a topic for community feedback was provided by support team which is unprecedented as ban discussions on forum are not allowed in general

support has new bot-detection tool with admittedly potential glitches which they reported and are waiting for InnoGames decision

according to posts community request is temporary unban / change all bans to unattackable - support is not authorized to do so

speculations arise that usage of approved 3rd party scripts may have lead to false bans

Questions:

@Antz2013 or any staff member...
when players appeal do you double check with your old tools whether they used unathorized scripts / bot or 'not permitted to override the procedures set by InnoGames' means you accept the foundings of the new tool as exclusive proof?

Personal conclusion:

in the light of all the posts I hope mass bans got enough attention and this topic will be kept for future reference, because until certain level it is the support team's ethical responsibility to provide fair appeal opportunity for everyone, limit the number of daily bans what they can investigate and confirm without doubt. There is always another day, you can mark those players, save your records, we were waiting for months, years for some botters to be a banned...

It would be nice to know what was the margin of errors - I can imagine a much more positive community response if you announced for example that you caught 60 real botters on the price of 10 false bans. Those damages, lost units, lost cities are nothing what a community couldn't process - friends or foes help each other in these critical situations, just like many players pointed out above. So many nice tokens, war packages are available what would be perfect compensation and only cost an apology of InnoGames to get the goodwill of the players back. Pretty sure that most don't want to quit the game if their reputation can be cleared after false bans and these issues wouldn't be buried as usual... 4-5 extra quad or 2-3 great arming tokens and they will wish to be banned again & feel like the heroes who made a big sacrifice to make the game great again...

We all know the last ~48 hours was tough for some players but don't forget the last months, year(s) were too because cheaters slowly ruin the game, InnoGames is working on new bot-detection methods to change that... our constructive feedback can bring this into a positive direction, don't ruin it with trolling please...

Finally if you want to help the Support Team, you can always apply here ;)
I doubt this can be undone that easily. Some players lost World Wonders and effectively years of hard work because of this one bad decision. Others will feel rightly hurt that their reputation has been permanently tarnished in the minds of other players.
Best bet is to leave and find a better non- inno game elsewhere. I hear Fortnite is good!

DeletedUser4460

I doubt this can be undone that easily. Some players lost World Wonders and effectively years of hard work because of this one bad decision. Others will feel rightly hurt that their reputation has been permanently tarnished in the minds of other players.
Best bet is to leave and find a better non- inno game elsewhere. I hear Fortnite is good!

It's nothing what couldn't be done with the support's arsenal, if the ban was really unjust and lead to wonder loss, i heard they can turn back the time

Alliances should learn from this and consider in their WW strategies that some WW sitters may 'disappear' whatever the reason is (ban, accident, unannounced VM...) wonders are always attackable. It is unfortunate if a player owns a whole island and can't respond, but a ban of a ww sitter doesn't necessarily result in losing wonders and teammates have advantage to respond first (ban is visible on member list). Please don't take this the wrong way... preparing for the worst pays back sometimes, just an advice.

My main concern is that we will never know / trust the final verdict about these bans, many years built up this distrust. It is bad when players get bans and bad when they won't.

DeletedUser15190

I agree with @The Smilodon Fatalis , fire everyone on US support team, they are playing favorites, they are bending the rules, creating new ones as they go to ban enemies of their friends and give them an edge against enemies they cant fight, mod abuse of power in US market is huge, not to mention their skill in covering it up, yeah im talking about community manager not knowing what his monkeys do all the time, not caring to see it or actively covering for them, to hell with that, US market wont recover after this as too many active skilled old timers will be leaving after this screw up, its time to start playing on EN server, at least you wont have to deal with this.

Also, that Post antz made, makes me more angry because.. guess what.. if you read just slow enough to understand it.. if they implemented new software to detect stuff why arent other servers having the same issues.. thats right.. they just had a session of some fun random bans to make their days more fun :)

As long as this support staff still in employ i wont be playing any US world.

Rodrk

Peltast
Shortly some of you will be banned for insulting Inno. May want to rethink your posts unless you truly are fans of the "let's burn this bridge to the ground!!!!"

I mean come on, it is a game and if you are not being treated in the manner you wish, quit. Insulting Inno and the mods really makes that much of a difference you come into their internet house and bandy insults around? Yea looking at you Andrew. Something toddlers eh? Seems you are reacting like one.

I imagine you can find Jcoo on the rim of any given server, logging in 5 x a week.

DeletedUser16071

Still ZERO accountability from Inno. Clearly they are going to let these bans expire after 3 days and hope it all just disappears. I also find it to be quite a coincidence that this new "tool for the arsenal" was put in just after the event and not during it. I don't think it's a stretch to think that Inno did not want actual cheaters banned until after the event since after all cheaters' money spends the same as everyone else's. I also don't think it's a stretch to think that Inno is operating under the false assumption that all those wrongly banned will just spend more money to rebuild their now dead units that they just purchased from the event. I truly hope everyone keeps their wallets in their pockets upon their return.

It also took 48 hours for a mod to admit that there was a problem and not just a "situation" as it was carefully worded by Lurks. Mods can definitely undo a ban they are just choosing not to. One was undone yesterday to allow a player to enter VM as soon as their team launched flyers to break a siege that could no longer receive support due to VM. As soon as siege was broken, the player was no longer in VM . And mods say they don't take bans lightly, don't play favorites, and have hands tied with regards to this problem. How can we expect transparency and fairness when these crooked cops police themselves with no external review?

DeletedUser14770

This is riddiculus , i might be a ..... bag , but i never cheated , i got banned lost a few cities , plead and plead to all the modds i could find , said it might be something wrong with their algorythms and maybe that quack was responsible , i have not recieved a pm about my ban beeing liftet so i had to runn innto VM instead , i lost only 3 cities becouse the server i am playing on is mostly dead , i lost 23 ls nukes and all of my alu :D jeey cant wait to spend weeks rebuilding that ...

My suggestion INNO give me a ton of gold so i can gold every ls back.
Then write me an appology.
Then write the whole Team that i am the founder for Appologies.
Then write up a list of all the banned players that now have their reputations tarnished and appologise to them in the forum.

This has effected people i cant stand personally , but i still respect them as players , and seeing tons of players that i am dying to fight leave the game becouse Mods cant take the time to just be humble and say they messed up is so dumb.

Like RODRK said above me , people innvest time, <energy and money in this ,they all deserve better than what you are currently giving them.

when Mods dont realise that a ban on the 4 biggest players on a server for even 1 hr can cause massive issues , they should not be Mods.

For chucks sake hire some help before the game just dies out.

Sorry for my spelling i am stupid.
smiley_emoticons_hydra.gif

DeletedUser4951

I agree with @The Smilodon Fatalis , fire everyone on US support team, they are playing favorites, they are bending the rules, creating new ones as they go to ban enemies of their friends and give them an edge against enemies they cant fight, mod abuse of power in US market is huge, not to mention their skill in covering it up, yeah im talking about community manager not knowing what his monkeys do all the time, not caring to see it or actively covering for them, to hell with that, US market wont recover after this as too many active skilled old timers will be leaving after this screw up, its time to start playing on EN server, at least you wont have to deal with this.

Without going into specifics due to infractability. I will only say that based on my personal experience the community manager is likely aware of it and is definitely shady herself. On top of horribly incompetent.

DeletedUser15947

Ok. Quick recap. I spend more money in this game than most.... But I'm not happy.

Got a 20 day ban for first infraction on forums for saying the "P word". Understand why I got banned. However 20 days? With this ban got a message from the mods on why I was banned... A message I could not open till my ban was lifted. Makes so much sense right?

Then in game i received a ban for a city name that was not harsh. When I replied to mods it took only a short 36 hours for mods to reply. With this reply I called them Sims as a city name should take no more than 6 hours to be handled. The next reply from mods said blah blah blah apologize for calling us Sims and us not doing our jobs or ill ban you forever. Great leadership!!! Finally 4 days later I got off ban, all for something that should have been handled in 6 hours. If you don't have the time... Don't be a mod.

Next up...

I received a 3 day Attackable ban for unapproved scripts. Yet the scripts I use COME OFF YOUR FORUMS! Once the mods promptly answered my appeal (19 hours later) It was said I use a script that helps me at night. Hhhmmm I can't even figure out Discord. Much less a bot. Further more if the script your talking about is MY GREPO APP or approved scripts then you all should take it off of Google Play Store and out your forums.

Also it seems I'm not "cheating" in my other 2 worlds...? Come on! Also if you make our accounts un-attackable now... How are you going to compensate for the lost cities, $1,000's, our lost time and alliance morale?

Summery.... Fire EVERYONE. Get with the program. #MaulForPresident