The Last 24 Hours.

DeletedUser10353

Ok so we all know the problems are the SOME mods favortisim to certain players they know and people using bots or illegal addons

Let's give inno some solutions
My suggestions is this
1.Make mods real employees not just players dealing with all this for some free gold and can't play the world they are mod in. This will make them more accountable for their actions
2. Make vacation mode possible in each world you play getting rid of people having to have multiple names to be able to vm different worlds and focus on others. This will help eliminate double account cheats
3. Make gold transferable between servers so people from en and us can play another server with same name and not make additional deposits
4. Pay the developers of legal add-ons and make it part of the game for everyone or as a premium inside the game like an advisor. If it's not available in the game then it can't be added. Thus getting rid of any illegal add-ons that are out there.
5. For the people who like a "little" sleep which I personally need sometimes lol
When you activate account you get a 4 hour a day non attackable period that you can't change and you can't attack either.
I think this would get a lot of players back in the game most people have real lives and the reason most people quit is attacks at night not server night time theirs
Anyways those are just a few of my suggestions I'm sure there are plenty others
But no game can replace grepolis and the fun it can be and has been. With a little thought hopefully we can make it better
1map

DeletedUser11719

Meanwhile Inno has professional programmers, they're not using "Coding for newbs" and having simple buttons that change everyone's ban to non-attackable.
Any half competent database admin could unban everybody affected in less than 5 minutes. I mean, changing the ban state of everybody banned in the last week is a single database command on the command line. You don't need a button, you just need competence.

DeletedUser4951

Proposal: Fire everyone except Fig and put him in charge of the US community. He's the only one I've ever seen with any kind of consistency or make an actual attempt to connect with players on either server since 2013.

DeletedUser11502

Hello Everyone,

I would like to bring you up to date as to what is going on from our end.

Please be advised I will not be answering questions or comments on this posting.

With the last update, we had new tools added to our arsenal. As with most new tools, there are potential glitches. We have identified some potential glitches and have informed InnoGames of them. InnoGames has final say on what we, as Support, will do in regards to them.

What does this mean for the you, the players:

Until InnoGames decides on these matters, we are required to maintain the processes that we have been issued,.I want to stress this: we are not permitted to override the procedures set by InnoGames, this includes mass changing of bans to non-attackable, shortening them or removing them, as some of you have suggested, if our information presently indicates that bans are warranted. Unlike what some are insisting, we DO NOT make it a habit of banning players without a valid justification nor do we take bans lightly.

We understand you are frustrated, and can sympathize.

Please have patience, we are working to end this issue.

DeletedUser8870

Hello Everyone,

I would like to bring you up to date as to what is going on from our end.

Please be advised I will not be answering questions or comments on this posting.

With the last update, we had new tools added to our arsenal. As with most new tools, there are potential glitches. We have identified some potential glitches and have informed InnoGames of them. InnoGames has final say on what we, as Support, will do in regards to them.

What does this mean for the you, the players:

Until InnoGames decides on these matters, we are required to maintain the processes that we have been issued,.I want to stress this: we are not permitted to override the procedures set by InnoGames, this includes mass changing of bans to non-attackable, shortening them or removing them, as some of you have suggested, if our information presently indicates that bans are warranted. Unlike what some are insisting, we DO NOT make it a habit of banning players without a valid justification nor do we take bans lightly.

We understand you are frustrated, and can sympathize.

Please have patience, we are working to end this issue.

and this is why this game is doomed....

DeletedUser9037

Were these new tools tested before they were put into use? In the real world, you normally do a 30 day test/trial before something is marked as in working order and ready to use, I do not see why it should be different in a game that generates cash.

DeletedUser15111

Inno games is closed on the weekends so this will all fall on def ears. The bans will be over by the time the attempt to fix anything. In the past and based on conversations ive had with other mods they do have the power to adjust them. The mods here clearly know something is wrong. How do you even attempt to compensate people for what has happened here? thats the real question.

DeletedUser15567

Another reason why the current US mods suck at their job. There have been multiple complaints about a select few and somehow they still have their jobs. They play favorites and use their mod position to get their way. And if you confront them in the forum they will report you for mod bashing for speaking the truth. *Cough MEDIC*

The us servers are a complete dump and you can definitely point a lot of the blame to the mods. I will not be coming back to the us servers, so feel free to report me medic. Also feel free to allow my browser speed to go back to normal. Kinda funny that my browser speed goes very slow when I login to my US grepolis forum account after you reported me. Worst mods ever

DeletedUser14648

You have acknowledged a potential problem and refuse to put in an easily applied temporary fix it while a permanent one is being looked at.

"Sorry boss, I let the store burn down because you said not to mess with the fire extinguisher."

In what universe do you think this is acceptable business conduct?

Do you even realize the consequences of doing something like this in an rts?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8870

You have acknowledged a potential problem and refuse to put in an easily applied temporary fix it while a permanent one is being looked at.

"Sorry boss, I let the store burn down because you said not to mess with the fire extinguisher."

In what universe do you think this is acceptable business conduct?

Do you even realize the consequences of doing something like this in an rts? Fucking Christ it's like listening to a bunch of retarded toddlers.

my thoughts exactly

DeletedUser13931

Shortly some of you will be banned for insulting Inno. May want to rethink your posts unless you truly are fans of the "let's burn this bridge to the ground!!!!"

I mean come on, it is a game and if you are not being treated in the manner you wish, quit. Insulting Inno and the mods really makes that much of a difference you come into their internet house and bandy insults around? Yea looking at you Andrew. Something toddlers eh? Seems you are reacting like one.

DeletedUser11719

It is worse, not better, to say that the mods are not trusted to take corrective actions in situations like this.

DeletedUser15357

If they unbanned everyone while they were still looking into it, what's to stop everyone from getting banned again? Meanwhile Inno has professional programmers, they're not using "Coding for newbs" and having simple buttons that change everyone's ban to non-attackable. They could probably make one, but it'd take time and would increase the amount of time it'd take to fix the current mess.

Actually, they do have "simple buttons" (many conversations over years with Mods). What they don't have is intelligence, good ethics, and a sense of morality. I believe it's time that we all leave this game permanently, at least, once our worlds finish. But after that, never look back.

DeletedUser15111

I believe Inno may have burned the bridge to the ground all on their own. People are getting banned for absolutely nothing so why not tell them how you really feel?

People spend alot of time and money on grepolis. They need to ensure their product isn't flawed. They made a change and in 48 hours haven't done anything to attempt to fix it. This thread exists because they are aware of it.

DeletedUser14648

I'm sorry. Do my opinions offend you? I feel more than justified in saying so.

Grepolis is not just a game. You don't give up sleep and money over things that are "just a game". Calling it "just a game" belittles the interpersonal relationships people form over the years, and seeing you dismiss any justified grievances with "it's just a game" is insulting and deeply, deeply wrong.

I'd much rather voice my frustration than let things go unchecked. Apathy leads to nowhere good.

DeletedUser13882

Inno games is closed on the weekends so this will all fall on def ears. The bans will be over by the time the attempt to fix anything. In the past and based on conversations ive had with other mods they do have the power to adjust them. The mods here clearly know something is wrong. How do you even attempt to compensate people for what has happened here? thats the real question.

They’re also headed to gamesweekberlin 2018 for a couple panels next week. If it’s anything like sxsw Interactive, they decided this giant mess could hold a few days while they prep for a business convention. I say no. This isn’t the first incidence of utterly false bot bans (I’m not banned now but was banned for illegal scripts while not using any but grcr, DIO, and quack in early Nicaea - my ban was lifted a few hrs before its scheduled end, in a 3/3 I’m sure you know the damage was long since done), doesn’t appear to be happening in non-US servers, and the damage to accounts owned by players who have spent real time and real money is irreparable within a few hours. These things are unacceptable. I find it hard to imagine they’re acceptable at any legitimate, viable business. I also wonder how much Inno’s majority shareholder company, that supposedly prides itself on customer service and transparency, would care about massive player complaints and the innability or unwillingness to respond on Inno’s part?

DeletedUser11719

The more I think about it, the more Antz response is even more insulting. Let me paraphrase:
  1. We know our tools may have wrongly identified players as cheating.
  2. We must enforce bans on players as identified by players in #1.
  3. It's not our fault, because we are not allowed to think or act independently.
And we never get a response to the damage done to a world by these bans. The lost time and money. The lost strategic positioning. Etc. We work for months to get into a position which we lose in hours while Inno "considers how to respond to glitches in its tools."

DeletedUser13931

Grepolis is not just a game. You don't give up sleep and money over things that are "just a game". Calling it "just a game" belittles the interpersonal relationships people form over the years, and seeing you dismiss any justified grievances with "it's just a game" is insulting and deeply, deeply wrong.

I'd much rather voice my frustration than let things go unchecked. Apathy leads to nowhere good.

Why yes, you do offend me. Hurting my feelings is your goal? Goal achieved Andrew...goal achieved.

Just for giggles I googled "Grepolis" and it came back as a GAME. So yea, it is JUST A GAME. You need a hobby, anything really. Coin collecting, bottle cap polishing, plastic bottle sculptures, etc......

DeletedUser14648

It is a game, but it is not JUST a game. You are wrong on this, and look stupid saying otherwise.

DeletedUser15819

It's JUST sleep and ONLY money!