The Last 24 Hours.

Corwin36

Artisan
This is hilarious. it is like musical chairs. A greek god is just banning people (attackable) randomly. What a game. It really would be nice to know why and why it continues after we ALL know its screwed up. Meanwhile the Co-ma must have thousands of people to respond to because we all get "I will forward this to Community Manager" . I am seriously thinking about going back farther on my paypal and getting refunds for as many as possible just because I CAN. Much like the bans, you can ban people so you do. No good reason for me to take back more cash other than I can. a world without any trust is a vicious place

Last edited:

DeletedUser9037

Well.. this issue is far from solved, while they know there is a glitch and issues, they are still banning people, i see a wave number 2 of bans starting today and tomorrow..

If they are continuing to use this tool even after knowing something is wrong with it, they certainly must be smoking crack!

I want the ban stricken from my record so it cannot be used against me again. Others probably do also.

I want Inno to step up and admit fault and apologize, and not try to sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

And I would like to hear that next time they come up with a new 'tool' to use, they actually trial run it before popping it out there in all the worlds so this hopefully would not happen again.

DeletedUser15190

If they are continuing to use this tool even after knowing something is wrong with it, they certainly must be smoking crack!

I want the ban stricken from my record so it cannot be used against me again. Others probably do also.

I want Inno to step up and admit fault and apologize, and not try to sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

And I would like to hear that next time they come up with a new 'tool' to use, they actually trial run it before popping it out there in all the worlds so this hopefully would not happen again.

i guess we will see what future days bring, considering that their offices open in 6-8 hrs as first week day..
tho my guess would be they sweep it under the rug and do nothing and say nothing about these events that transpired but hey.. thats what they used to do so far..

DeletedUser14254

Hello Everyone,

I would like to bring you up to date as to what is going on from our end.

Please be advised I will not be answering questions or comments on this posting.

With the last update, we had new tools added to our arsenal. As with most new tools, there are potential glitches. We have identified some potential glitches and have informed InnoGames of them. InnoGames has final say on what we, as Support, will do in regards to them.

What does this mean for the you, the players:

Until InnoGames decides on these matters, we are required to maintain the processes that we have been issued,.I want to stress this: we are not permitted to override the procedures set by InnoGames, this includes mass changing of bans to non-attackable, shortening them or removing them, as some of you have suggested, if our information presently indicates that bans are warranted. Unlike what some are insisting, we DO NOT make it a habit of banning players without a valid justification nor do we take bans lightly.

We understand you are frustrated, and can sympathize.

Please have patience, we are working to end this issue.
can you create a thumbs down reply please after of course you delete the update that screwed everyone (priorities)

DeletedUser4460

InnoGames @Hamburg opens in 40min

This is the day when ...

(please continue)

DeletedUser27

Just a quick heads up in case anyone notices me being around with an attached title. I'm here helping out for the next little bit as is Richard since the US server is a bit understaffed at the moment. Your CM, Medic, would be here but they are experiencing a personal emergency and they can't get online currently. There will be more information coming shortly about the situation that arose over the weekend with the bans.

InnoGames

Your friendly forum bot
Hey everyone,

We have been informed today about a potential glitch in one of our internal tools which is used to detect bots. This glitch was introduced with a recent update to the tool and unfortunately was not discovered in a timely enough manner to avoid the current situation. Updates to existing moderation tools happen regularly in order to keep the systems as up to date as possible and usually they come with no notable errors.

Unfortunately we discovered that there have been some very specific technical complications on the US market, causing the tool to malfunction in some reported cases. We are very sorry about the obvious inconveniences caused by this situation and are currently reviewing all bot bans that have been issued since the tool’s update. We will unban any players who have been wrongfully banned, and not yet been unbanned, as quickly as possible. These players, as well as all others whose unjustified bans have already been rectified, will be compensated accordingly.

Thus far, we luckily only discovered a few cases that were influenced by this glitch. Most of the cases we found to be fully conclusive. Therefore, we could confirm that a lot of bans were valid and completely in accordance with our policies and regulations, so none of the blame should be directed to the moderation teams who handled the cases strictly as advised and indicated by the faulty tool.

We can of course understand your frustration especially in regards to the consequences of this seemingly minor glitch, and have therefore already taken all necessary steps to restore the tools to their full, bug-free functionality to avoid any further wrong bans to be issued.

Please understand that we may not discuss individual cases on the forums or any other communication channels. We will only talk directly via the support system with the affected players. If you were affected by any of the recent bans and verifiably did not use any such tools, you will find a report in-game about a compensation which was added to your account.

We would like to deeply apologize to all fair players who were targeted by our systems based on a faulty detection method and hope that our compensation will help you to get back on your feet. It's the fair players that make Grepolis the great game it is and it was clearly not our intention to harm you in any way.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

PS: Please understand that this account will not answer to private messages. Your moderator teams will be of assistance in case any further questions arise.

DeletedUser15190

5K of gold for one person for destroying entire worlds and alliances. The impact goes way beyond a bit of gold to the banned player.

people lost cities on World Wonder islands, people lost a lot of fliers and front line cities affected by this..

DeletedUser14648

The lost potential culture level growth and the troops lost weigh in at over 100k gold value for affected players on advanced worlds. Not to mention the world wonder losses, morale losses, total devastation of frontline and cores, and the ridiculous net sum of time and effort the teams of affected players had to put in to mitigate the losses.

I wouldn't even accept 300k gold per person as acceptable full compensation. 5k is an insult.

DeletedUser14254

Hey everyone,

We have been informed today about a potential glitch in one of our internal tools which is used to detect bots. This glitch was introduced with a recent update to the tool and unfortunately was not discovered in a timely enough manner to avoid the current situation. Updates to existing moderation tools happen regularly in order to keep the systems as up to date as possible and usually they come with no notable errors.

Unfortunately we discovered that there have been some very specific technical complications on the US market, causing the tool to malfunction in some reported cases. We are very sorry about the obvious inconveniences caused by this situation and are currently reviewing all bot bans that have been issued since the tool’s update. We will unban any players who have been wrongfully banned, and not yet been unbanned, as quickly as possible. These players, as well as all others whose unjustified bans have already been rectified, will be compensated accordingly.

Thus far, we luckily only discovered a few cases that were influenced by this glitch. Most of the cases we found to be fully conclusive. Therefore, we could confirm that a lot of bans were valid and completely in accordance with our policies and regulations, so none of the blame should be directed to the moderation teams who handled the cases strictly as advised and indicated by the faulty tool.

We can of course understand your frustration especially in regards to the consequences of this seemingly minor glitch, and have therefore already taken all necessary steps to restore the tools to their full, bug-free functionality to avoid any further wrong bans to be issued.

Please understand that we may not discuss individual cases on the forums or any other communication channels. We will only talk directly via the support system with the affected players. If you were affected by any of the recent bans and verifiably did not use any such tools, you will find a report in-game about a compensation which was added to your account.

We would like to deeply apologize to all fair players who were targeted by our systems based on a faulty detection method and hope that our compensation will help you to get back on your feet. It's the fair players that make Grepolis the great game it is and it was clearly not our intention to harm you in any way.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

PS: Please understand that this account will not answer to private messages. Your moderator teams will be of assistance in case any further questions arise.

You had me until you had to try and save face by calling it a “seemingly minor glitch” Inno or whoever you are I believe your company is done in the US and a little advice moving forward when you make a mistake that cost hard working ppl money, you solve it, own it, fix it, and shut up!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4951

Kinda weird how Medic seems to have a serious emergency anytime something goes wrong. I remember revolting her in a world and she sent me a passive aggressive message about having one...then handed off to her team...that I told her had a reputation for viewing the rules to be "flexible".

Edit: maybe you guys should put on a peace time and halt any wonders while you sort this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13666

The lost potential culture level growth and the troops lost weigh in at over 100k gold value for affected players on advanced worlds. Not to mention the world wonder losses, morale losses, total devastation of frontline and cores, and the ridiculous net sum of time and effort the teams of affected players had to put in to mitigate the losses.

I wouldn't even accept 300k gold per person as acceptable full compensation. 5k is an insult.

LOL, I got 3.5k :( Two worlds it happened, granted one closed. But all of the loss and devastation to the team.....its a slap in the face.

DeletedUser10419

So their position is that most of the bans were valid, except for a few minor cases. Not surprised by the underwhelming response at this point. In the past I've tried to give Inno the benefit of the doubt, everyone needs to make their money, but this is beyond ridiculous

DeletedUser5

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that Baudin & I are still here, and still reading your responses. I'll also be taking over tickets starting this evening, and try to get on top of the list I have to go through of escalations. I'll do my best to get people at least responded to tonight. As has been covered by Baudin, we're just here to help out whilst the CM is out of commission.

I appreciate immensely everyone's continued patience.

Thanks

Richard
CM - Grepolis International

DeletedUser15111

Inno- you let this go for 4 days. You can’t even begin to justify the damage you have done here. 5k gold. Some players spent 50k in the event that just ended and lost all their units and cities. Unless you guys can magically roll back servers to the previous update you probably just killed what little following you had on US servers.

Worlds completely ruined, alliances destroyed, friendships that lasted years in game- over Because of a “minor glitch”

Flooding everybody with crap auto responses claiming your tools are accurate and you don’t have to prove it. Just added fuel to the fire. Mods doing nothing for days made it worse.