The issue of spying and alliance jumping

DeletedUser

I've never know anything like the level its at here in the US servers compared to the EN. Is it just a reflection of the US as a whole or is everyone just in love with being a double agent?

Weirdly we've planted no spies in any other alliances but on a daily basis theres a steady stream of OPS, forum posts, claims etc being sent to us. What is the game with this? It starts as being quite interesting for an insight into others alliances targets and attitudes but its all leaving a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

I've actually never experienced anything like this. Its just not right.

Also am i the only one who would choose to go down with his ship / rebuild the alliance?

This is my last world and compared to Helorus on the EN server its just leaving a really sour taste. Perhaps calling it a day there would have been the better option.

Theres just no honour here. Perhaps due to it not being an international server?

DeletedUser7490

I Know what you mean Stirlo, I was funnily enough warned from the very first day, to be careful of this same thing, spys and players that have no loyalty whatsoever to anybody except themselves,

I think that imo since the introduction of the hated and detestable World Wonders end game scenario for .2 it has changed the whole dynamic of what was once an all time great and thee best War game on line,

but since the WW's introduction, all anybody wants to do is get a crown by any means possible, sadly it is starting to even creap more and more into the EN servers too, but as you state above, its nowhere as rampant as it seems to be in this server Phi.

I think the two biggest candidates that play in this dishonest and loyalty lacking way, IMO, are kids that need to grow up more and learn what self respect and integrity are, and Cowards, those who just want to survive even at the cost of their own self respect.

I know that once apon a time in a Grepo land far far away (long gone) that MRA's cheating alliances, and disloyal members aswell as legitimate refugees, were once apon a time in Grepo detested by ALL, and would be hounded out and attacked until wiped out of a world if ever caught or Identified........sadly this is no longer how Grepo is played, and it has become poorer for it,

now any noob or average player with deep pockets can look like a good player

Play Fair, Stay loyal Don't cheat! thisisgrepolis

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7626

I think your wrong the spies are in everyworld/server en or us. For me they ruin the game for others they weild them like a weapon and see it as a bit of a laugh to betray an alliance.

DeletedUser5088

The thing I don't about there being a lot of spies is it brings paranoia to alliance leaders making them falsely accuse people. for example I have been kicked out for "being a spy" when I wasn't a spy

DeletedUser7626

Maybe the next time a spy contacts you/your alliance you should expose the spy

DeletedUser5088

Maybe the next time a spy contacts you/your alliance you should expose the spy

I tried this once and I got this:
The Leader of the Spy's Alliance said:
Nice work but so fake try better and harder next time we are not that stupid and this has you written all over it i could give you the same fake stuffbut your not worth my time.

stuff is substituted out for a bad word

DeletedUser

I would share but the weekly lets all hit HARPOON OP is starting again!

So much love. I take it as a compliment x

DeletedUser

It was me they took all my cities, kicked my dog and told me I was ugly really really hurt my feelings..:(

DeletedUser

NO SURRENDER

I do love the endless list of failings players point out when going to join what they think will be the winning team when not actually doing anything to put those failings right themselves.

Good luck to the alliances you join as lets face it, soon as you start losing they will just jump ship to the alliance they think will win next

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NO SURRENDER

I do love the endless list of failings players point out when going to join what they think will be the winning team when not actually doing anything to put those failings right themselves.

Good luck to the alliances you join as lets face it, soon as you start losing they will just jump ship to the alliance they think will win next

You know what I find so funny, is that a leader would get so mad when all his/her top members leave to join another alliance. Has anyone stopped to think about the fact that maybe you have terrible leadership? You refuse to pact with anyone and constantly get attacked by everyone. You are a good player stirlo but you lack the qualities needed to lead an alliance. And further more you call it cowardly to leave a failing alliance and join a winning one (in your eyes, as everyone knows this world is so young no one is winning yet) so how do you explain that a 3rd of your alliance is now in vacation mode, yourself included because you guys couldn't handle the attacks coming your way.

So next time before you go bad mouthing smart players maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why they are leaving and stop blaming it on them being weak.

Also I hate spies to I can agree on that!!

DeletedUser

Yea and what's with the "vacation mode" thing...that's soo cheap

DeletedUser

You know what I find so funny, is that a leader would get so mad when all his/her top members leave to join another alliance. Has anyone stopped to think about the fact that maybe you have terrible leadership? You refuse to pact with anyone and constantly get attacked by everyone. You are a good player stirlo but you lack the qualities needed to lead an alliance. And further more you call it cowardly to leave a failing alliance and join a winning one (in your eyes, as everyone knows this world is so young no one is winning yet) so how do you explain that a 3rd of your alliance is now in vacation mode, yourself included because you guys couldn't handle the attacks coming your way.

So next time before you go bad mouthing smart players maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why they are leaving and stop blaming it on them being weak.

Also I hate spies to I can agree on that!!

I vm'd. To the rim I go.

DeletedUser

Harpoon did fall pretty quick after OR and Gollum started going after them.

And agreed, spies suck.

DeletedUser

Harpoon did fall pretty quick after OR and Gollum started going after them.

And agreed, spies suck.

In fairness OR/Gollum would be a challenge, being positioned where they were and hit by OR/Gollum, HB, EE and OOC was going to take its toll on any alliance. I know a few of their members and they fight hard and well.

Having their higher point players leave for whatever the reasons was going to be a kick in the teeth , particularly as how I have seen Harpoon work, players fight and support each other and no doubt they would have received defence from others who could ill afford it.

Yep spies suck - we don't use them, but I have never received as much information on the finer details of a world - the information was openly sent via pm's