The History of Rho... as it happens

DeletedUser

I'm going to have to bake more cookies, well, maybe not since you're patting yourself on the back already.

Call Mattleinen and brag.. but only when you defend against 20 alliances and get 4 DotD in one week.

I'd like to know how getting 4 DotD in one week is even possible...I mean to get it you have to kill stuff, right?...not just snipe or that wouldn't add up....but when you kill stuff you lose stuff as well and then you have to rebuild...how on earth could you rebuild fast enough to get another DotD 2 days later? I finally got my attacker of the day, but I wiped out 19 cities FULL of offense to pull it off...and that takes 3 to 5 days to rebuild even using spell buffs.

DeletedUser

So you "pre-fire" at an insult that hasn't even come yet? LMAOl
Wishful thinking I guess... Easy 1k for me if you would... You sure about not extending it?

As far as poking VL, I already explained our situation, but you guys' paranoia kept you from hearing reason. Ask Auldrek...he and I have discussed it at length. NONE of us in Empire ever wanted a war nor were we playing dirty and under handed and "extorting" you guys with your own cities. Hell, you, yourself even participated in our WK,Empire,VL forum in discussions about enemy cities in 33 that needed taking...on more than one occassion you guys flat out stated you didn't want to waste slots on cities no where near the enemy...but again, why let the truth get in the way when you can simply allow paranoia to become the truth. NOT ONE of our members NOR Harb ever received any PM that said we were in violation of some agreement drawn up right after the server started. Hell 90% of Empire wasn't even IN Empire when that agreement was forged. Fact is, if you really didn't want a war, you could have spoken up just as easily as you come on here and discuss lawn mower shopping. Inaction is just as telling as action. Not ONE of you tried to stop the coming war...and we had no clue you guys were even ****** at us. But again, allow your paranoia to claim I'm lying...frankly, I don't care. You guys can take all our cities in 33 for all I care as we never really wanted to be there in the first place, we were simply being a good neighbor and cleaning up the mess that you couldn't be bothered to tend to. And when you gripe about us "invading" 34...look back and talk to someone who was there...when you guys had NO presence in 44, AO and PiD were making an end run around the bottom and started splitting you guys and us along the 34/44 border. Did you do anything about it? NO. We did, that's why we ended up with cities on both sides of the border. We tried to sow up that rip they were making. Ask Greb, dsbalk, Dottie, Arcalas, and any other enemy at the time that had cities along that border. They were effectively splitting two allies. Had they known you never saw us as an ally to begin with, they probably would have left that area alone. lol
I figured my lawn mower shopping seem to fit in to the reply. I am still stuck on whether or not to get another cub cadet, so if you have any input on that, it would be nice. As far as the rest of crap in your series of novels here, those enemy cities weren't in 34 and as I said to you in pm, this conversation is over. I will not debate with you anymore and that includes externals, only toss jabs in your direction. Since actions speak louder than words, there isn't anything to talk about anyway. So you go ahead, spew all the bs from your face hole and call it truth all you want, maybe z1joshmon will believe you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd like to know how getting 4 DotD in one week is even possible...I mean to get it you have to kill stuff, right?...not just snipe or that wouldn't add up....but when you kill stuff you lose stuff as well and then you have to rebuild...how on earth could you rebuild fast enough to get another DotD 2 days later? I finally got my attacker of the day, but I wiped out 19 cities FULL of offense to pull it off...and that takes 3 to 5 days to rebuild even using spell buffs.

Myself and some other were in all of those cities with Matt so that he never lost ALL of his stuff.

maybe z1joshmon will believe you.

I serve AoK interests but on the side I have a few thoughts on what went down. I don't know the whole story but Empire has been good to me, RoS lol hasn't., For the record bro, you have absolutely no psychic ability/authority to know what I believe or don't believe. You're a good player and dude dez, I wouldn't expect you to jump in a discussion and then drag my name into it when I have only replied to insinuations about myself and sharing knowledge about Matt's 4 DotD (wasnt a jab at you Mike, I know you were talking to RaZoR.. I'm just sayin 1 DotD is nothing special)

DeletedUser1685

See, Mike, this is why people grow to hate you. You have no idea how to win graciously. You have no "class" as you like to bring up.

Lol Actually I had some good conversations with some of your players after...You I don't like. So Yes..I will always update the History Of Rho with your failed attempts to make a move on ROS.

First, no excuses, but we got squat for participation. And while you renamed the city Defender of the Day, I highly doubt you got it as we were only able to give you 60K dbp or so and it wasn't because you were sniping and missing possible BP.

Might have wanted to double check this before posting 142 times in a row. (Speaking of Which..how am I getting warning from the mods about staying on topic..while this guy is making a post for each chapter of his novel?? ) lmao..really though.

had one second recruiting ready and was on the same island and could have guaranteed to wipe out the majority of any troops brought in.

You are only next to the one city. And trust me..no one could have produced enough OLU with two consecutive 1 second recruitment periods to break the DLU that was in that city. It was crazy.

will say this, IF I come at you again, I'll take a city. Doubtful it will be 2, but I know I can get one based on what I learned in that op. Further, it was to be a coalition wide op, but other alliances were tied up with other efforts.

I doubt it..but I welcome your next Op. And just for the record..Underverse went for two cities in o45. Not very impressed with their offense at all..

, just as an FYI...the first op I ran was on BB2...we barely missed taking his city (he was with AO at the time) but we gave him over 100K in dbp and the battle was epic. In the 2 previous ops ran on Elandras, the LEAST we gave him was 80K in dbp. So consider those numbers while you brag about your prowess and rip on our abilities.

My point was you acted as if just because you run the op yourself..the outcome will be different. Well this was your chance to prove that and you couldn't.
Props were given to those that did well..but scoreboard for the day was 0.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Defense has the advantage in Grepo. Lasts longer.
So if you have a lot to begin with...and your friends have a lot. Then you get attacked constantly...you're bound to string a few DOTDs together.
Not taking anything away from Mattleinen...just adding that it was most likely a group effort that he benefitted by having his cities be the target.

DeletedUser

I serve AoK interests but on the side I have a few thoughts on what went down. I don't know the whole story but Empire has been good to me, RoS lol hasn't., For the record bro, you have absolutely no psychic ability/authority to know what I believe or don't believe. You're a good player and dude dez, I wouldn't expect you to jump in a discussion and then drag my name into it when I have only replied to insinuations about myself and sharing knowledge about Matt's 4 DotD (wasnt a jab at you Mike, I know you were talking to RaZoR.. I'm just sayin 1 DotD is nothing special)

Not really sure how you managed to twist and find my comment offensive, I wasn't calling you stupid or anything. It wasn't stated like I was attempting to be a psychic either, that is why I threw in the keyword "maybe". Since you took it this way I will go ahead and spell it out though, it was aimed to you being more of an outsider (not part of empire or VL) with possible bias because VL and RoS is involved. Since you frequently post in this thread, you were a good example of someone who may would consider what he was saying.

I will however admit you strike me as being really arrogant and sententious. Also, I disagree with you about 1 dotd not being special either. It is special, for that one day that person was the top defender, they got more dbp than everyone else on the server including the hardcore players like you. Attempting to belittle someone because they only have one when you or someone else has two or more is just being a ******. Not everyone can spend every waking moment in grepolis to get those awards, so when they do it's something they should be proud of, whether they only get one or not.

DeletedUser

Dez, I didn't take your comment as offensive at all. I just said my name should have never been brought up. You brought it up, so I said "why?". You speculated on me even caring about mike and razor's ego contest and even insinuated that I would take RaZoR's side.. which you find to be faulty, then provided me as an example of someone who would believe it and pulled me into the conversation. I've personally stayed out of their wordfest. I just said you have no idea what I'm thinking. It wasn't personal bro.

How do I strike you as being arrogant? You don't even know me. I won't even respond, man, cuz I don't know you enough to psychoanalyze you.

and I have ZERO DotD's by the way and I still don't care about em. I may be on this game a lot but awards mean nothing to me, especially on an online game. Not belittling anyone. I'm just saying that my friends and I have a running joke that goes like, "Only 20 incomings? Man, shut up, that's nothing" so hearing any smack talk about a 1-2 day battle after we've been taking hits from 20 alliances for 3 months, yea after that I do find 1 DotD (for someone being the recipient of 1 offensive) to be small fries.

Oh and for the record.. it's most units killed, not most DBP.

I actually like you dude ( I even said that) what's up with speaking on my character? You brought my name up into something that isn't my business. I asked you why would you do that? I'm not going to have a Mike/RaZoR jabfest with you, I respect you as a player and have no idea who you are as a person.

I dunno why the mods hit mike up either, but we do need to get this back on topic. Here I'll start:

Rho's crazy yall

DeletedUser1685

Further, your last feeble attempt to point our leadership being weak is again, LAUGHABLE. Any idiot with eyes can see that you only allow in completely active, organized players...the FACT that your average player is tens of thousands of points higher than the next closest alliance. If you allowed in fresh noobs and moderately active to less active players, you'd have the same problem. You know as well as I do that has NOTHING to do with the quality of leadership.

What a guy....Can somebody tell Razor that recruitment is part of leadership?

"Your leadership isn't better...you guys just recruit and organize better!" :s HAHAHAH

DeletedUser

"Your leadership isn't better...you guys just recruit and organize better!" :s HAHAHAH

You have done a great job of assembling some of the best fighters in Rho..all the former best AO/PiD fighters lols. Beating a dead horse dude, I know but your lineup is pretty much all ex coalition enemies you just "did it right"

haha I couldn't resist. This is and is going to be a fun war. I see your boy wootywoo is trying to lose fireships. Methinks he built too many lol!

DeletedUser1685

Lol I didn't bring it up...Razor just doesn't know when to quit.

And Fireships....ugh. Smh.

DeletedUser

Wishful thinking I guess... Easy 1k for me if you would... You sure about not extending it?

I figured my lawn mower shopping seem to fit in to the reply. I am still stuck on whether or not to get another cub cadet, so if you have any input on that, it would be nice. As far as the rest of crap in your series of novels here, those enemy cities weren't in 34 and as I said to you in pm, this conversation is over. I will not debate with you anymore and that includes externals, only toss jabs in your direction. Since actions speak louder than words, there isn't anything to talk about anyway. So you go ahead, spew all the bs from your face hole and call it truth all you want, maybe z1joshmon will believe you.

I wouldn't extend the "bet" to you as you've not spoken in a way to reveal your youth. Plus, it is a very minute percentage of the population that would be under 30 and giving a damn about buying a multi thousand dollar mower.
As for the rest, I can't help myself. Every time one of you guys tries to make me out to be a liar, I'll keep putting the truth out there. I honestly could care less if ANYBODY believes me, I just won't abide being called a liar with no response as qui tacet consentire videtur.

As for the Cub, I've heard good things...but I'm loyal to Dixon. I mowed lawns for a living starting in 7th grade. My Sophomore year in high school, I took out a $4K loan and bought a Dixon from a local franchise dealer...back then (87), I don't think there was another brand of zero turn...or at least not available within 200 miles of my house. I made a TON of money my last 3 years with that thing and I had no idea how to maintain machinery so I treated it like crap...NEVER changed the oil once. Briggs & Strat 14hp, 42 inch cut. Only thing I didn't like is it was ass heavy and it was WAY easy to slide down hills whether you wanted to or not. And, I mowed lawns whose back yards ended in river. Yes, I involuntarily went swimming more than once....and the Dixon cranked right back up once it was no longer submerged.

DeletedUser

Lol Actually I had some good conversations with some of your players after...You I don't like. So Yes..I will always update the History Of Rho with your failed attempts to make a move on ROS.

I wouldn't expect you to like me. People who lie consistently tend to hate those who expose their lies. Having both sides of a story aired tends to thwart their effort to control the narrative.

Might have wanted to double check this before posting 142 times in a row. (Speaking of Which..how am I getting warning from the mods about staying on topic..while this guy is making a post for each chapter of his novel?? ) lmao..really though.

Easy, my "novel" as you like to call it is simply a series of responses to yours and others BS in an effort to set the record straight. WHen you titled this thread the history of Rho, you should have added "according to Mike" if you didn't want others' views on the truth. Tell the truth and be straight and you'll leave me with nothing to say on the topic.

Further, for those of you who complain about my "novel", stop touching the stove. You've heard of Pavlov, I assume. You touch the stove, you get burnt. A smart person doesn't do it again. You say you hate my "novel" and yet when you see my name, you read what I write and respond. Stop touching the stove.

You are only next to the one city. And trust me..no one could have produced enough OLU with two consecutive 1 second recruitment periods to break the DLU that was in that city. It was crazy.

Highly probable. Last report I saw showed only 20K in DLU (which is what I based my statement on combined with the fact that I was under the impression that at least 15K OLU would be thrown at that city....if that number went up, I'd agree with your statement.

I doubt it..but I welcome your next Op. And just for the record..Underverse went for two cities in o45. Not very impressed with their offense at all..

As I previously stated...I find none of your cities to have strategic value to my alliance or our goals so I doubt I'll be making a move anytime soon unless it's just to get under your skin and hear Mr. Gibbon cry out. I would, however, like to thank RoS for all the DBP I got at "where's the map" before you guys finally took it (wish I could have gotten more if I'd been online during its takeover). As far as I'm concerned, I got 3 wins for the price of 1. Annoyed you by settling on your stronghold island...check. Gained a ton of BP I otherwise wouldn't have gotten...check. Eventually lost a city at a time when I needed a slot....check.
Underverse seemed to be really busy with other ventures, but Plat will have to speak to that....and I have no way of knowing the quality of gameplay of the attackers. Although, I wouldn't think you'd be mistaken enough to take such a small example of offense and assume the rest of the alliance plays the same way. RoS seems to be the only alliance who's players are extremely close in skill and experience. All other alliances seem extremely diverse.

My point was you acted as if just because you run the op yourself..the outcome will be different. Well this was your chance to prove that and you couldn't.
Props were given to those that did well..but scoreboard for the day was 0.

I did not "act" the way you claim...you stated that our attacks on you were weak. I stated that it was because I hadn't ran an op on you and that proved to be true. My statement stands. While you point at the scoreboard, you can not deny that we did way more damage than any attack any member of Empire had ever leveled at you prior to my op, regardless of whether or not cities were exchanged.

Mr. Gibbon, your arrogance and thinly veiled insults know no limit. Claiming that "props" were given to those that did well makes the direct implication that because no "props" were sent my way that I did not do well. Since you are so ready to point at the scoreboard, I'll simply refer you to my attacker of the day award, and not to brag, but simply to refute your pathetic implication that I did not "do well" in your limited vision.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Defense has the advantage in Grepo. Lasts longer.
So if you have a lot to begin with...and your friends have a lot. Then you get attacked constantly...you're bound to string a few DOTDs together.
Not taking anything away from Mattleinen...just adding that it was most likely a group effort that he benefitted by having his cities be the target.

I guess the math isn't adding up for me...I'd assume that you'd have to have a ton more defense than any other players getting attacked over that time span to be able to "achieve" that. Personally, I take no stock in that award or even the "attacker of the day" that I just got as they do not take into account time spent playing the game or relative size of the player. To be fair, a "pound for pound" stat should be used for awards similar to the "top killers" list in grepointel....to do otherwise is to award a heavy weight for beating a light weight and that is no award but a simple common sense observation...As it stands only the top 10% in the world even have a shot at the award and not everybody has the time to reach that level even though they likely could if given that time.

DeletedUser

Do you have A.D.D? YOU insinuated that we have a leadership problem because of the lack of participation...I explained why...you then make a weak assumption that I don't understand recruiting. You obfuscate too much. I'm starting to wonder if you know what you're saying or if your arrogance blocks your common sense. I never said your leadership isn't better and didn't even come close to intimating that as anybody with eyes can see. I simply said that if you allowed in small and/or weaker players you'd have the same problems that YOU claim are a result of our bad leadership.
Let me make this easy for your feeble mind:
1. I complained of a lack of participation.
2. You claimed that was evidence of poor leadership.
3. I stated that you'd have the same problem if you allowed those types of players in.
4. You randomly make the insane connection that I called your leadership poor for choosing not to recruit small players. A statement that would be absurd....had I actually made it.

Honestly, I don't think one version of leadership is of higher quality than the other....just different. Recruiting players like you have is definitely a recipe for a win. But as I said, that's not all I or Empire is in it for or we'd trim a ton of fat off our roster right now instead of waiting for them to go inactive like they invariably will. While it is annoying, it does not show bad leadership to allow in players who want to have some fun but will likely not contribute to the "win". Contrary to your "win at all costs, morals be damned" attitude, choosing to be an accepting alliance is not a sign of weakness but rather a sign of strength. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, though, as you've exhibited your willingness to do anything to win and your avoidance of doing anything that might possibly slow your path to that win down even the slightest bit.

DeletedUser

@Deznuts...Thanks for teaching me a new word.... I like "sententious"...now I can go to bed...I learned my one thing for the day. :)

Josh, "You speculated on me even caring about mike and razor's ego contest and even insinuated that I would take RaZoR's side"

Come on, man. For me, ego has nothing to do with it and that should be clear. ALL I've done in this entire back and forth is call out Mike's BS when I see it as none of the others who read this and PM me their agreement have the guts or desire to do it themselves. In our conversations, I think you know me to be humble in regards to grep.....and totally not willing to have people lie on me or make false insinuations as Mike has and continues to do.

DeletedUser

Wow, a quadruple post

What are you a mod now Master Chief? haha what is up dude! I miss ya!

RaZoR.. I said ego because I figured "pissing contest" might be too racy for the forum.. guess I'll find out.

You both need to get back on topic. This could go on for forever. Mike is a traitorous wretch who will do anything to win, but is actually a funny guy and good player. Razor is overly opinionated and clearly dislikes Mike at a personal level, but also a good guy in my opinion and got himself an AotD, earned it cuz he is also a good player.

Mike 1 DotD, Razor 1 AotD. Even? Who cares. Back on topic before King David here gets ya! (lol j/k MC, you know I love ya bro!)

lol

DeletedUser

Dez, I didn't take your comment as offensive at all. I just said my name should have never been brought up. You brought it up, so I said "why?". You speculated on me even caring about mike and razor's ego contest and even insinuated that I would take RaZoR's side.. which you find to be faulty, then provided me as an example of someone who would believe it and pulled me into the conversation. I've personally stayed out of their wordfest. I just said you have no idea what I'm thinking. It wasn't personal bro.

How do I strike you as being arrogant? You don't even know me. I won't even respond, man, cuz I don't know you enough to psychoanalyze you.

and I have ZERO DotD's by the way and I still don't care about em. I may be on this game a lot but awards mean nothing to me, especially on an online game. Not belittling anyone. I'm just saying that my friends and I have a running joke that goes like, "Only 20 incomings? Man, shut up, that's nothing" so hearing any smack talk about a 1-2 day battle after we've been taking hits from 20 alliances for 3 months, yea after that I do find 1 DotD (for someone being the recipient of 1 offensive) to be small fries.

Oh and for the record.. it's most units killed, not most DBP.

I actually like you dude ( I even said that) what's up with speaking on my character? You brought my name up into something that isn't my business. I asked you why would you do that? I'm not going to have a Mike/RaZoR jabfest with you, I respect you as a player and have no idea who you are as a person.

I dunno why the mods hit mike up either, but we do need to get this back on topic. Here I'll start:

Rho's crazy yall

Come off the good player stuff, it's crap, I am still a grepo-noob and learning as I go. I am not afraid nor ashamed of it, I started playing grepo in mid-Sept (I saw their commercial and figured why not since I was bored with CoD), I didn't join an alliance with anyone with experience until mid to late Oct and even then was still attacking with everything I could build, swords, birs, archers, whatever I had laying around got sent. First city I added I founded on a farmless island, second one on the same island as my first city... Both seemed like a great idea at the time. I still frequently click something that ends up in me wasting gold and/or resources like a tool, and I just got lucky I wasn't eaten early and had a chance to learn enough to make it this long.

You don't have to be a licensed psychologist to pick up on arrogance, this is only going back a couple pages as I am not willing to compile more than this from this thread or the other threads including the one you called out blhazin saying you were his huckleberry:
I'm going to have to bake more cookies, well, maybe not since you're patting yourself on the back already.

Call Mattleinen and brag.. but only when you defend against 20 alliances and get 4 DotD in one week.

lol Wooty I don't wanna hear about scared when you even told me you'd need your A game to mess with me. lol you know what I'll do to you.

I'm just sayin 1 DotD is nothing special

You have posted your opinion on almost any and every topic, so my apologies if you were trying to stay out of this particular one.

I do agree with your assessment on rho being crazy though. It's extremely jacked up now with sides balancing out and something to the effect of a world war on the server. Former enemies are friends, former friends are enemies, any alliance not at war right now is doing a great job of riding the fence, but I don't see how they are doing it. Pretty epic change from AO/PiD ruling rho and no one standing a chance against them to this.

DeletedUser

You had me fooled then Dez! I'll never forget my first sword nuke. I thought I'd be lighting someone up! lmao You must have good teacher/quick learning ability then because you hit my support several times in December and tore it up. I've heard nothing but good about Auldrek so, I assume it's a little of both.

Also, those comments were to wooty and Mike who are ex-allies and frenemies as ol' wooty puts it. We know each other, man. We make it a point to talk smack to each other lol! Mike and I PM on occasion. One of my favorite quotes of his is "...you're one of my favorite ex-PiD fighters, even if you are a little more verbal than I'd like" lol! We talk smack to each other. It's a part of the game. I never mean to sound condescending to smaller players or anyone like that, nor arrogant, so if I come off that way bro then you've probably taken me all wrong. I'm a little boisterous, I talk some smack, but I respect these guys. I like to think we have fun "ruffling each others feathers" and keeping in a little contentious but for the most part respectful on a personal level.. while going with some game-play smack talk.

Re: Hazin. Great guy, have PMed him a few times before (once on Citrine city, which you got the clear on against significant DLU.. and I bragged on you, ask him). He said PiD was disappointing, and noobish. I responded and quoted my favorite movie. We'd never met so I let him know I was there. It was all in fun, man.

Yea I was DEFINITELY trying to stay out of this one. lol no worries man. I saw my name brought up and overreacted cuz I didn't want to be in on this, I will however be on the battlefield.

Military Channel get you too? lol Commercials got me too, man.

Dez assessment of the war, including neutrals was exactly right. Nothing to add except thusfar lines are being drawn, the furthest outlying cities may be falling and there were some races to ghost towns, but otherwise it's a world war. Has went from boring to unbalanced to chaotic to balanced over the course of a month.

This server has SO much personality in it. I love it. It's my only server right now and that's why I stay here in Rho, besides the awesome Unit Speed 4.

DeletedUser

Because I don't think it's been mentioned....Underverse and Hellenic Navy joined sides with Empire and AoK. So far they've been a pretty terrible team and have surely forfeited their success in this world...but it will be fun, for Revolution of Sin and Viking Lords.

I know that Legion Bear Clan is attacking Empire and AoK. I'm pretty sure Hegemony and BraveHeart are neutral towards UV and HN but attacking AoK where they can.

Though still drastically one sided the world is a lot closer to balanced, and much more fun because of it. Now we get attacked which is fun (despite how horribly unsuccessful it is), and I want to finish by referencing the top 12 that I did. I told UV to watch their diplomatic movies.