The History of Rho... as it happens

DeletedUser

As many know, there is now a major war between "The Coalition" and "CCCP".

This war has changed the map of Rho in its first 24 hours. We have seen established alliances "disappear". We have seen new alliances "appear", and we have seen established alliances "expand". This might not be uncommon in Grepolis, but to see such a strong Coalition form in such a young world, and this many major changes in alliances both established and new, is.

I expect to see many more changes as the war escalates. Hopefully, we may be able to establish a "History of Rho" as these changes take place.

If you know WHY an alliance "disappeared" or WHY a new alliance has appeared, or WHY an alliance has "suddenly" expanded or had major losses, then let us know here. We will have mergers. We will have splits. We will see a LOT of major changes each day as the war progresses between "The Coalition" and "CCCP". Let's all keep each other "in the loop" as to what is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the idea of this thread. I for one was waiting for this to happen. After Torg disappeared, there was little most of us in the Astartes could do but join their silly coalition and rebuild. I had no desire to stay in an alliance who has leaders who I could barely communicate with.

DeletedUser1685

This is not uncommon.. These type of "Coalitions" happen all the time when someone grows too large, too fast.

But I do see some fun in hearing the back stories of all the disbanding, merging, and mergers gone wrong especially !!!

DeletedUser

Well I played meny servers and worlds ..it is the true ...And this is normal xDDD When in some server or world playing many players from other servers and diferend cothries ..Is normal....The world is very intresting :D

The Russian guys are not stuped...They in in many alliancas and they will see hoy they work I think..So .Every thing may change in tow days ...xDDD It is too early to say nothing.. ;D

We have one word to say ..who lives fast die first xDD I hope that everybody understend this ...

DeletedUser

No Quarter was contacted by Yurbasik who has formed the alliance, Empire of Tor. He has stated that he and his people have split from CCCP and want nothing further to do with CCCP. He wants to be friends with NQ and he wants a NAP.

The NQ Council discussed this proposal in depth. Their Leader, DeadlyDon, has made it VERY clear that the CCCP hitlist includes FOUR members of CCCP responsible for all the deception and treachery leading to this war. Yurbasik was given the name of these four members and told that regardless of what "banner" these people moved to, they would be hunted out of existence. No Quarter! No Mercy!

Yurbasik agreed, yet this morning we awaken to Hell - cat under the banner of the Empire of Tor. This is unacceptable to No Quarter. NQ had just taken a city from Hell - cat this morning. Yurbasik was told this was unacceptable. So now all eyes are turned towards Yurbasik. Will he do the right thing and REMOVE Hell - cat? Other targets from CCCP have moved to other banners as well. Do they really think that will save them?

What will be the response of the leaders of The Coalition? Eyes turn towards the list of CCCP cities taken thus far. The number has now grown to five.

A dark cloud is spreading. What decisioins will be made today? And will they be the right ones?

DeletedUser

As I understand this thread is meant to be used to discuss the history of Rho.

I made a thread so you can discuss the CCCP vs NQ war in detail while staying on topic.

I think it would be great if we could make a timeline of the major events on Rho in this thread.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser2498

i love how we have such a dramatic look as to how things are going in a world that just started. + rep to MsKasondra for the enthusiasm. i would also like to take this opportunity to mention that EoS is now hovering near the top 12 with only 24 members after ALOT of trash i heard talked about them in another thread. certainly a group worth keeping an eye on, although if you play in theta you already know that.

DeletedUser

Shhh....no we suck, and don't want others to think differently.

DeletedUser1685

LoL..go home Nself, you're drunk. And those kids are booty. :p

DeletedUser4982

Astartes has consolidated itself as MURICA(America) .

Under our general , Garrett Washington(Gierto) we shall conquer . thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

Draqone, this thread was not started for the CCCP v NQ war. It was made to discuss dramatic events that affect EVERY alliance on Rho. It is about new alliances appearing and old alliances disappearing and WHY this has happened and what has led up to it. It is about the friendships and camaraderie that hold alliances together and the deceptions and disappointments that cause alliances to fall apart. I thought my opening statement made that clear.

Specifically, we want to know why alliances merge, why do alliances split, why do new alliances appear, why do established alliances suddenly "disappear". And we want to know what events led up to these changes or happenings.

Change can be caused by war, by political turmoil, by internal deceptions, by strong spirits regrouping after a catastrophe. We want to know "WHY" and "WHAT" is affecting changes "in" and "to" the alliances of Rho.

We do not want to just look at the same old dry statistics day in and day out.

Ahhh...so Astartes did NOT just dry up and blow away. It's heart and soul survives and comes back together as the new alliance, MURICA. Will its new Leader be able to successfully rally and hold together these determined souls? I have not heard of this new General before, but I look forward to seeing how he handles the challenges yet to come.

DeletedUser

Sorry I opted out of this world folks. Just couldn't stand being so far from the core and kept getting distracted. Plus Revolt really threw me :p

DeletedUser2063

Well as you may know, EoS is merging into PiD/BE. This merge just goes to show that leadership is just as important as anything. Halfrican has not had as much time as he could do to RL, and combine that with heavy defensive losses on EoS's side, Halfrican decided it would be better for his guys in the long run to be with a good group of active fighters who they can help out until the end

DeletedUser

BE? who is that?

EDIT: Nevermind,i thought that was another academy of your alliance.

DeletedUser

Wow So this thread got left in the dust. The best I can do is give you a history from my Alpha Omega standpoint. So here Evolution of Sin just merged into PID/BE (very important part of this story now)

What I didn't see in this thread was anything about Rhoman Empire. The world started with PID, AO, and Rhoman Empire. Being low on members at this time AO was still somewhere around #4 or #6. Rhoman Empire quickly became #1 with a full alliance roster then 1 academy then two then I think 3 maybe even 4 academies. It was an MRA madhouse. A coalition was born and made real quick work of shutting this down and in the process moving PID and AO up to the #1 and #2 alliances. PID found themselves the academy Byzantine Empire (BE) at around this time, and various other alliances started popping up in RE's place in O55.

Well here we see mentions of CCCP. First to revolt, first to conguer, and these guys were building cities from nothing to 10k points overnight. They ended up with something to the tune of 6 academies and for this reason another coalition was born. CCCP split and Empire of Thor was born. This seemed to me to be when the coalition stopped working together. Well AO worked with NQ at this time on EoT (to the West of AO in O45), and if memory serves me right this is when PID went to war with their norther Neighbors Evolution of Sin. Soon enough the rest of the Russians were rimmed and Evolution of Sin was disbanded (as mentioned in FF's post above). Shortly after that No Quarter split up and found homes with PID, AO, and America. I believe at this time were the three major power houses in the world, with an alliance called Organized Chaos developing in O55 with PID mostly to the North and AO mostly to the West.

Well there was only one person with founder rights in Organized Chaos and the dude went ghost. So from the shambles of OC came Re-Organized Chaos (RoC). It all seemed like a joke so PID and AO again worked together and rolled them over in less then a week giving PID/BE most of O55, and us in AO looking to find a good fight. The world got very boring at this time and We in AO just wanted to have a good war between our alliance and another alliance (and not a beat down by the top two alliances)

We first looked South (O56 ish) to what had now become the #3 or 4 alliance called HaVoC. We greased the war machine and started prepping for a good fight when two days before of our launch It seemed all the good players had joined PID overnight. Within a matter of two days HaVoC had completely disbanded with upper players going to PID and the rest (I believe) created the alliance Helenic Navy (HN). I won't even try to remember when it happened so I'll say it here, those same top players from HaVoC eventually got bored without a good war and left PID and now are in HNII.

So AO was upset that we lost any hope of having a good war close by, but decided to look West once again, and set our eyes on a very distant but growing Viking Lords (VL) to the far North West. This is when the power houses started reaching out a bit further trying to spread through our perspective oceans. AO found alliances named Hegemony and some kind of joke called Drakon Trojiana (or somn like that) in Western 45/ Eastern 35 and decided to take their cities as a launching pad to get to VL. VL quickly pacted with Empire and this turned out to be a fantastic war in which AO finally started getting some DBP.

Well then, by my count, was the birth of the third world war. Another Coalition was formed, but this time to take out PID (#1 with 12 million points) and AO (#2 with around 7 million points). Brave Heart (BH in O36) Hegemony (Heg O35) and Viking Lords (VL in O34) and Empire (Emp in O44) started supporting each other offensively and defensively, all starting with an multi-alliance op (If I might add while Heg and BH were in a NAP with AO) in which AO lost it's first cities (12 in that one op I remember vividly). All the other smaller alliances to the outside of the map became involved as well

Now PID and AO were in the middle of a world surrounded by a completely unified server. While BH, Heg, VL, and their academies were attacking AO all the other alliances were hitting PID. Well this is where the story of Evolution of Sin comes back into play. The major members that were in Evolution of Sin (8 of the top players in PID) left PID re-founded Evolution of Sin and joined the Coalition in attacking their former alliance. PID turtled up pretty bad at this point and what offense they did have went to trying to take the cities of all the members that were quitting and ghosting out. While AO was running its offense into insane amounts of support from BH and VL in Hegemony cities.

NOW WE'RE UP TO DATE.
This Week a lot of the top players in PID went and made an alliance called Black Ops and Pacted with one of the smaller alliances to the outside of the map (the far East) called Alliance of Kings. This dropped PID to just above AO in the point rankings, until the next big wave of players leaving PID dropped them to #6 with AO in #1. Then the very next day the last of big players from PID went to AoK. AoK did some player changes (making it seem to me like Black Ops (BO) is an academy) giving all the points to the mother alliance AoK. Now Alliance of Kings is the #1 alliance (POINT WISE) in RHO.

I'm so sorry if you feel this is biased. This thread was terribly outdated and all I could do was give the history from my eyes as a senate member in Alpha Omega (being here from day one and a part of every major happening I think it's a good biased to have). Please if I got something wrong along the way or left out something you feel was important then post it and I or someone else can redo this novel. I'd really like to hear the history of the smaller alliances like Legion X8, and now the spotlight alliance AoK. I know that PID had some wars with some White Knights and other alliances. Apparently PID even broke a NAP suddenly sparking this coalition against them.

DeletedUser1685

Well done, Wooty.

The only thing you left out that I noticed...was how PiD (Leaders of Coalitions against MRAs) Eventually became an MRA themselves.
With Byzentine Empire and Hand Of Kronus (More recently replaced by Drunk Empire) I don't think they ever had enough fighters through the ranks to avoid the MRA tag.. IMO anyway..

DeletedUser2063

Well done, Wooty.

The only thing you left out that I noticed...was how PiD (Leaders of Coalitions against MRAs) Eventually became an MRA themselves.
With Byzentine Empire and Hand Of Kronus (More recently replaced by Drunk Empire) I don't think they ever had enough fighters through the ranks to avoid the MRA tag.. IMO anyway..

One thing mike. HoK was originally an academy to BE, but when we realized how ridiculous that sounded we just made them a pact. So HoK was only an academy for a short while before they became just a pact.

DeletedUser

Well I have to say that if an alliance so big that it's point total is equal to the #2 and #3 alliance combined (and the #3 alliance was their own academy) can fall in....what was it 3 or 4 weeks since you left them? That you almost have to qualify it as an MRA.

Since the topic of this thread includes the how's and why's I'll include here my response to that very same question in our forums.

(AO member says)
We should take a lession from PID, what went wrong, and why it happened. History tends to repeat itself.
quoteeditdelete
wootywoo7 2014-01-02 14:05

Indeed it does, I'd say that getting too big, too fast from Join or be conquered options coupled with two academies, was the start of the downfall.

Join or be conquered doesn't inspire enough loyalty to compensate for the entire server wanting to dethrone you.

Being that big and so closely pacted with the #2 alliance was probably another point, and I heard rumors of a NAP being suddenly broken that was the ignition of the coalition.

DeletedUser1685

One thing mike. HoK was originally an academy to BE, but when we realized how ridiculous that sounded we just made them a pact. So HoK was only an academy for a short while before they became just a pact.

Yeah you're right. HOK was only for a bit.

And Wooty the biggest lesson is simply to be more selective.
PiD started as something good, but started recruiting cities rather than conquering them.

I may be biased...But Sin. has always be very selective in recruitment. And is why we usually see success in the worlds we play in.
Only fighters in our ranks..outside of a few people who have strong ties from other worlds lol.

DeletedUser

Oh and in light of recent circumstances I suddenly feel honored