The Heraklion Herald - 1

DeletedUser9614

The Heraklion Herald​

Issue #1

World Update

As the world started, a few pre-mades have trickled in and many MRAs seemed to be forming. This world has seen a lot of action in its short lifespan. The alliances Triumvirate and Mass Extinction have both fallen victim to greed and frustration.

While the true powerhouses of the world have yet to establish themselves, it is gearing up to be a bloodbath. We will be posting a ranking each week of the best alliances to date. Many people are still constructing their cities into form as they create their master plan of attack. Will dethmatica prove everyone wrong and continue his rein at #1? Only time will tell.

** If anyone has any information on the collapse of DOOM Elites / Rebellion / S-U-Y-M.. please reach out to me.

Top Articles

No Triumph for Triumvirate!

[spr]
The top story of this issue is the drastic downfall of the mighty Triumvirate. Triumvirate was a pre-made alliance that was expecting to take the world by storm. Serekh and Tengri were ready to come in and make a name for themselves. A few poor decisions and an in-capable team proved the downfall of Triumvirate.
It all started in the South West in ocean 45. Serekh was great at early recruitment and communication. He did not send blind invites, but invited many. He had a great core created and a capable team ready to find their place in this world.

The pitiful choices soon began to develop. The alliances of Domination Elite, The Devils Rejects, Usual Suspects, Mass Extinction soon began to raise in the ranks. Serekh reached out to many to find a couple pacts to grow with. He chose to pact with ME and TDR early, but these decisions would lead to the downfall of Triumvirate. ME and Tri had gone back and forth and decided to merge into one mega alliance. They shot up the leaderboard; many of their players grew quickly, and the average was outstanding. There seemed to be no stopping the mighty merger; however, some promises were not kept and the frustration began.

Serekh had promised SirCongo (ex-leader) of ME a leadership role in Triumvirate. When the merger was completed and SirCongo was ready for his role, Serekh had backtracked and did not want to give it to him. This led to SirCongo being kicked from the alliance and those faithful to him became distant and were less willing to fight under the Triumvirate flag.
Triumvirate chose to open up a war with Usual Suspects early to own the core, but they were too spread out and un-responsive to conjure the troops to compete with the great coordination of US. Many members became frustrated with failed conquest attempts. Serekh had decided enough was enough and disappeared from Grepolis (for reasons that will not be discussed here). Triumvirate was then leaderless. Tengri was not committed to this alliance nor this world. Users were then kicked out in hopes of latching onto an alliance that they could call home. Many had found homes, but several were lost in the confusion.

Triumvirate was no more. It grew to number 1 in Heraklion quickly, but fell even quicker. The stragglers have latched onto alliances across the oceans. Many worlds have alliances such as this, and they will continue to grow too quickly for their own good. Greed and lies will cloud judgement and treachery will always follow.
-Fri
[/spr]

Exodus of the Elites

*This article is meant to be humerous and not mean to offend anyone. Take it with a grain of salt.

[spr]
With only two weeks gone bye since the end of beginners protection. The Domination Elites have gone from ranked third to fortieth. This once great alliance sank very fast from the top ranks. This is a story and a dramatic recreation of its fall.

As soon as BP ended they allied themselves with Triumvirate. At the time they were ranked number three and one respectively. Out of the gate it seemed to be a very capable PACT. Triumvirate shot up the leader boards in ABP. DE seemed to be able to build up and expand. Everything seemed to going according to plans. Then like hitting a brick wall at 70 miles an hour. It all came crashing down in an instant.

And without further ado I give the recreation of its final hours. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Erekhsay(T): We are under attack could you send some help.
whereangel(DE): Yeah no problem support sent.
q flya(DE): Hey, we just lost a town and that guy didn't even post that he was under attack.
whereangel(DE): I am under attack now. Please send some support!
Erekhsay(T): "crickets chirping"
q flya(DE): You guys are baddies. I'm out of here.
whereangel(DE): What the hell man... Your a leader here. We need help!
q flya(DE): "door slam... car driving off in a hurry"
Mexican 21(DE): Everyone send support to the attacked cities!
10 People leave the alliance.
Mexican 21(DE): I knew we should of had higher recruitment standards.
whereangel(DE): We have 80 members and Triumvirate has 60... why can't we even save a city?
10 More people leave.
Mexican 21(DE): Actually we have under 60 now. People are leaving like crazy.
whereangel(DE): Trium just disbanded...
Mexican 21(DE): I have a cs landing in 3 minutes. I don't have any troops to stop it.
whereangel(DE): Mark my words we shall have our revenge! WE WILL BE BACK!

Created by: Terenius
[/spr]

Interviews

*These interviews were conducted by russki4ever

First up we have the controversial dethmatica of dethmatica.. let's see what he has to say:

[spr]

1. What do you think about your alliance now after couple weeks of Heraklion? Is your ABP as planned?

“I feel my alliance has proven that we are not a MRA as we continue to grow and grow stronger every day. I feel that we have met my expectations and will continue to grow in the future.”

2. Are you fighting any wars? If so, how is it going?

“Yes two wars currently being fought and both we are dominating.”

3. Which Alliance has disappointed you the Most?

“Triumvirate did not think they would have folded so quickly and easily.”

4. What alliance will fall soon in your opinion, and why?

“Immortals will be the next alliance to fall we have taken most of their higher cities while their other members continue to jump ship to my alliance due to the constant butt kicking we are giving to them.”

5. Who are the two alliances you are at war with?

“Immortals and Angel Blades-“

6. What alliance you think is the top dog at the moment, define why.

“The Devils Rejects - as top dog - they continue to grow strong every day and with only 45 people they are close to my alliance points/attacking very experienced group of core players that I have fought with and against on prior worlds the next to are Usual Suspects and Unusual Suspects for the same reasons i rank my alliance 4th right now as we are large but have a group of inexperienced players that we working with and developing while our top members are primarily the ones doing all of our fighting for the time being”

[/spr]

There you have it. dethmatica is still trying to shred the MRA tag that he has been given.

Next up is top dog favorite BRETTOLIS of The Devils Rejects

[spr]
1. What do you think about your alliance now after couple weeks of Heraklion? Is your ABP as planned?

“I would like to see it improve, but the majority of players are doing a great job picking fights. We have 11 in the top 50 fighters. We may need to trim the fat a little.”

“No ...we have started fights but the MRA's seem to fall before anything gets started.”

3. Which Alliance has disappointed you the Most?

“Those alliance that are no longer around but a couple of their poor players have restarted. :)

4. What alliance will fall soon in your opinion, and why?

“Crusaders...they are scattered all over the place in 4 oceans....clearly inexperienced or desperate”

5. What alliance you think is the top dog at the moment, define why.

“I will have to go with my own because we are the top attackers, fighters and have tons of experience and time playing together. i would give Usual Suspects a close second. They have many of the same qualities and better city positioning.”
[/spr]

Very precise and too the point, I like it!

Finally we have bananachip of Crusaders

[spr]
1. What do you think about your alliance now after few weeks of Heraklion? Is your ABP as planed?

“I think i have a pretty good alliance” – “i dont really have abp planned because of the way the devils rejects are surrounding me which is making it tough.”

“one war kind of against the devils rejects who are attacking everyone but if we were really warring they would be winning.”

3. Which alliance has disappointed you the most?

“probabaly mass extinction i thought they were gonna do great they knew what they were doing and had a plan and was ruling ocean 54 and then they disbanded i would probabaly say another alliance but it is so early game no one has really failed yet”

4. What Alliance will fall soon in your opinion and why?

“I think the Devils Rejects will fall because the are basically conquering 1 leader from every alliance so when people get conquest they are their first target”

5. Who do you think is the top alliance?

“the alliance to beat is the devils rejects but the top alliance is dethmatica”
[/spr]

And we have our first fighting words exchanged. BRETTOLIS considers the Crusaders an MRA and not worthy of being considered a war, and bananachip thinks The Devils Rejects will create too many enemies and fall. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out... stay tuned folks!

Rankings

*These rankings have been derived by a team of random voters. Voters take into account the attacking, defending, and growth of all alliances as well as the location and recruitment.

[spr]
1. The Devils Rejects (2)
2. Usual Suspects / Unusual Suspects (1)
3. dethmatica
4. GEFG
5. Scholastic Book Fair
6. The Fellowship
7. United
8. Chaos Reborn / Chaos Reborn2
9. Care Bears
10. The Crusaders

Others receiving votes: WICKED
[/spr]

Notes

[spr]
This newspaper will be a joint effort created by the members of US / un-US together. We are looking for more people to create articles or bring ideas to the table. Please message me for details!

Maps, humor, and many more features are yet to come. This will be an evolving piece created for the enjoyment of all.

Any specific questions, comments can be addressed to Fridel in game. If you wish to ask an anonymous question to an alliance leader, feel free to reach out. It will remain anonymous.
[/spr]

DeletedUser

Looks like the rankings were outdated before this got published. The Devils Rejects have had the honor of the top 12 "The Following" players join us in becoming rejects.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8870

good work well done and well balanced assessment, but me controversial... I'm like the happiest go lucky dude on the server :)

DeletedUser5973

And we have our first fighting words exchanged. BRETTOLIS considers the Crusaders an MRA and not worthy of being considered a war, and bananachip thinks The Devils Rejects will create too many enemies and fall. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out... stay tuned folks!

Meph from the alliance The Devils Rejects has conquered the city 54-10 Mantic Ritual belonging to bananachip. today at 11:30

Guess we already have an answer lol

We also have the experience to endure many enemies, in fact that is the goal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8870

Meph from the alliance The Devils Rejects has conquered the city 54-10 Mantic Ritual belonging to bananachip. today at 11:30

Guess we already have an answer lol

yup guess that answers that one ;)

DeletedUser

This is one of the best news papers ive seen. If not the best

DeletedUser8262

This is nothing compared to the ones in en servers, although the best one on the us servers, nice work. I like how you brought over the interviews from en servers.

DeletedUser8870

played on delphi for a lil bit but real life was more important at the time : good server from what i noticed in my time spent there and chi is the best active forum server i have seen

DeletedUser

for the next issue canthere be a stogus section where everyone can go laugh at me...? it brings lots of attention to this thread

DeletedUser

We'll have to add that to the interviews... "What is your opinion on Stogus?" or maybe "If stogus joined this world how long till he got rimmed?"

DeletedUser

It's in the works. Been kinda busy conking towns and smashing walls and what not.