The Gambler Times

DeletedUser7205

Hey everybody! Since Steve really dropped the ball on encouraging and stoking sarcasm and silliness. Now you have a place to post.

There is only one rule here. Only Gamblers can post in this thread. I absolutely forbid any sort of discussion or posts from non-gambler players!!!

Just kidding of course, we welcome CGAG, Blackdem, JHeader, Dwoosh and anyone to come on here and explain how well you guys are doing and just how much of our buts you are kicking!

Only comments that are goofy and mean spirited are allowed. For instance, it is critical that every post from CGAG start by insulting me with the usual "dirty, rotten, cheating, scoundrel, etc..." .... you get the point.

Let's keep it feisty my friends. It's a game. Now who thinks SPQR will win? Oh I bet Trish does lol.

DeletedUser15165

@Scotropolis as it appears that you think you are in charge, however you forgot to mention to keep your posts within the rules of the forum.

Lurks.

DeletedUser7205

Sorry for the omission but I assumed we must keep all posts within forum rules. Do you have to state this for every thread even though the rules are the same for all threads I thought.

Lurks, I am not in charge of any forum on this site. The statements at the top are pure silliness and should be taken in that vein. I sited a single rule then said it was a joke and not a rule so... ??? Are jokes not allowed?

DeletedUser15165

Sorry for the omission but I assumed we must keep all posts within forum rules. Do you have to state this for every thread even though the rules are the same for all threads I thought.

Lurks, I am not in charge of any forum on this site. The statements at the top are pure silliness and should be taken in that vein. I sited a single rule then said it was a joke and not a rule so... ??? Are jokes not allowed?

Jokes are most definitely allowed and the more the better.

Your posts are normally so serious though Scot, my apologises that you failed to see that I was pulling your leg with my post. Next time I'll try pulling your other leg it may go ding dong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7205

Ok well. I'm not sure I intend the posts to be serious. Perhaps that's how they are taken. Certainly they are meant to discourage our enemy while being quite silly. Let's face it there is a lot of down time in a slow world in Grep. Have to make some silly commentary to keep it interesting while your waiting for 6 months to start wonders lol.

Let me be clear.

#1 - you must follow the general rules on the Grepolis forums
#2 - you must not be serious at all. all stupidity welcome

DeletedUser7240

@Scotropolis as it appears that you think you are in charge, however you forgot to mention to keep your posts within the rules of the forum.

Lurks.
Hey lurks.alot1..... seems like your a little late to the party... you should take a look at the thread above this one and look at all the **** Scott has said in the past... Or did you just need to make yourself a little more active pretending that you are actually in charge and not Scott?

Last time I spoke up about Scott was 30 days ago and I got banned....

.... as soon as Scott sees this he is gonna call your personal # and tell on me....

see you all after this ban

unknown.png

DeletedUser12179

@sirlurks.alot1, would be nice if you looked into why Lorax34 was banned.. completely unnecessary ban that does nothing but benefit the high gold spenders in this world ( not us )

Banned for buying gold and your system charged 2 credit cards.. proof of bank statements , credit card info was given, ban not lifted. Mistake on your part and wrongfully banned and even when appealed was muted and silenced by the mod handling the situation, and a large player who has committed a ton of time into this world was robbed of the last 4-6 months of this world, plus taking away a very important team member and one of the top 20 players in this world. More and more keep telling me that I should quit grepolis and stop wasting my time and money here.. many others feel the same because of this situation and many others in the past.

Hope I don't get banned for this comment, no idea how else to voice my opinion, have been silenced and hushed away the other avenues I took. I have tried to reach out to multiple mods, so have 10+ other players, and lorax himself has opened 4 support tickets to be denied.

DeletedUser15165

I apologise for not being able to respond sooner, I have been away on a business trip.

I'll just remind you that the following - Ban or infraction discussion is not allowed on the forums.

@JagermeisterCB4 Yes you commented about Scott in the forum, but how shall I put it. You post was very colourful indeed and broke many of the forum rules. It was also reported by many forum users.

If you do the crime and get caught, then be prepared to do the time as the saying goes.

And never once have I said that I'm in charge of these forums. I think I have been pretty fair whilst modding this forum, but I know I'll never be able to please everyone but it goes with the territory. But feel free to apply to join the US Support Team at any time.

@cgag114 With regards to Lorax34 again, I'm not at liberty to discuss this ban.

As a member of the US Support Team there are strict rules that we have to follow, one of them being that we are not permitted to discuss a players ban with any other players.

Lurks.

DeletedUser5524

Honestly, what is the moderation supposed to be accountable for. They do their job and it pisses people off. Plenty of times they let things slide. You are of course going to make enemies by removing things that are against the rules and there are times they are more lenient which I am sure angers people as well. Its a lose lose job and more often then they let things slide. I think the US forum mod/s do a great job and you are complaining for the sake of complaining since it seems like a popular US trend to complain about literally everything. Past mistakes are from the past and people grow and learn.

A forum mod has little to no in-game power and therefore game issues shouldn't be blamed on them. I am pleased about the forums, granted I wish there was more activity, but aside from this I am content. Game is a different story at times but you cannot blame that on Lurks lol.

DeletedUser7205

And there you have it folks. Steve deleted his "Eubea Times" thread. I suppose I would delete it too if you were about to be swept for all 7 wonders. Great job guys. I hope you guys keep pounding in those resources and favor so you can spoil our chances. You definitely have a chance. After all CGAG stated in Eubea times only a completely inept alliance would be kept from building at least one World Wonder first.

Good luck guys. Keep filling up resources and favor blasting you SPQRer's !!! You still have a great chance!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16108

Sure looks good for the gamblers. You guys had a plan from the start and are executing it. Impressive stuff.

That said I can't believe how dead the forums are on this world. Already at wonders and only 7 threads and around 30 replies total? So boring and uneventful.

DeletedUser16053

Bulldog you are correct about forum entries.
Lets review what's happening in the world. We entered into the World wonder phase and it has been a real race until The gamblers were able to take advantage of an S.P.Q.R. mistake and take two cities on two of thier wonder islands. not only take them but continue to hold them as we speak. We completed the Pyramids and soon we will complete Another as all are at level 9 and building to 10. These are the facts and no disrespect is meant to anyone.
Teamwork is the key to winning. and The Gamblers have demonstrated it well.
smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif