The founding addiction of phi

DeletedUser7626

This has to be the strangest world i have played in what with the strangely close relations between certain alliances.
The st range pacts namechanging alliance jumping and such.

But the strangest thing. The thing i have never witnessed before is the founding.....

Everywhere i look someone is founding. Now founding for ww i understand but founding as some so-called aggressive move i just dont get it.
Isnt the whole point of this to fight over cities if you want to advance you try and take a city from someone you may succeed you may fail but a bit of fun is had by all.

Where is the fun in founding you found you build you found you build for me this is the worst part of the game one that you try and leave behind asap.
Every alliance ive come across in this world is at it evil badgers raiders.

So my question is....is it really fun to found?o.o

DeletedUser

Well depends, founding can be fun just to watch people freak out lol, and if you dont attend to it then it could be a problem for the enemy so really its a interesting part of the game. I to am for taking cities but I dont mind founding a city here and there if I can see some kind of value in what it can do for me now or in the future.

DeletedUser

yeah its fun to get free cities in your core. lol

is it really fun to stall wonders because your alliance isnt ready to go? hahahahaha what a joke of a post.

DeletedUser

I dont really understand the point of founding; it is much more efficient to just take a city from someone. Though, lucky for me, I have had plenty of enemies throughout the world ;)

DeletedUser

yeah its fun to get free cities in your core. lol

is it really fun to stall wonders because your alliance isnt ready to go? hahahahaha what a joke of a post.

Agree 100%. Its a joke to start something on your own terms. I much prefer to just jump right in. Its how I got my first child, and my first jail sentence.

DeletedUser7490

This has to be the strangest world i have played in what with the strangely close relations between certain alliances.
The st range pacts namechanging alliance jumping and such.

But the strangest thing. The thing i have never witnessed before is the founding.....

Everywhere i look someone is founding. Now founding for ww i understand but founding as some so-called aggressive move i just dont get it.
Isnt the whole point of this to fight over cities if you want to advance you try and take a city from someone you may succeed you may fail but a bit of fun is had by all.

Where is the fun in founding you found you build you found you build for me this is the worst part of the game one that you try and leave behind asap.
Every alliance ive come across in this world is at it evil badgers raiders.

So my question is....is it really fun to found?o.o

Well Your in one of those simmer alliances thats been doing nothing but founding, from the start and attacking late starters that landed on the edge of the world with your alliance, and nothing but constantly internalizing to grow, so why make any posts about other alliances colonizing to get into your main oceans to fight you ? what chance have i got with a CS journey of over 47 hrs into a turtled up all defense majority alliances ocean. thats the reason I chose to colonize, by the time my 10hr ls and nukes reached your ocean i was hitting 5k of stacked bires and about 800 Trans

I blame World Wonders, they add nothing to Grepolis as a game, but turn the entire concept of warmongering into nothing more than simville.....it forces those alliances who WANT to waste time building them, to mass colonize to secure clustered territorys in preperation for the simville'esque World Wonder building,

whats more disgusting than the mass colonizing, is players who will do NOTHING for the entire length of the server some who are now your team mates Sky (at least I recognize you like to attack and put troops to good use like their meant for) unlike too many in the WW building alliances, and so it is even more a joke to see players with crowns thinking that makes them good players when there is guys and ladys with over 130+ citys who have gained no BP except through internalizing inactives for the duration of their time in the game. yet these same players can "boast" of being the best? because they have a crown on their profile ? lol

Innogames devs have to change this WW scenario, it has definitively ruined what the original Grepolis .1 servers had, fun and non stop action, WW's equates to boring and dead servers where majority of players play the defense turtle and sim to WW stage,

ima huge advocate for going back to the original formats where warrior worlds were actually ment for fighting, the simming and never ending alliance jumping is ruining whatever small integrity this game once had.

I also hold my hands up as I have colonized more citys in this server than in the 20+ other servers ive played in combined! thats how boring the WW's make this game where everybodys a turtle because its easier to grow 3x as fast as a defender than if your like us who actually prefer to attack others. the res we need to rebuild lost nukes, the defenders simply run more festivals and keep eating internals from the never ending supply of Brother/sister academy allainces they set up to get around the alliance caps.

the games becoming a sad shadow of what Grepolis once was.

PS, your point about founding and repeating, if you ask enemys thats shared an island ive actually colonized on, I build pure offense in them and pester the neighbours until i conquer their citys, too many colonize and just build more defense landlocked, i can name about 30 players off the top of my head that spring to mind, and as i mention above some have over 100+ citys but less than 180k ABP and DBP. anybody with over 100 citys who has so little BP counts is a selfish player that doesnt help their alliance, the stats prove that, or they do very little when in the game.

so I certyainly agree i dont see what enjoyment they get from a war game if they never actually use their troops.

the addition of island quests, is just one more dreadful step towards making Grepolis a war game where you never actually have to attack another live opponant to actually test your skill against theirs, and thats where the real fun and enjoyment is found, not simming.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Disagree with KOD being simmers. ABP paints a different picture. I believe your train of thought is skewed. Its hard to look your enemy in the eyes and tell them they can scuffle. Its much easier to say negative things true or not. The reality is KOD fought every alliance in the top five. Most of them at once. To say they simmed away is a plain lie. The truth is the top 5 alliances are the top five for a reason, and its not because they are bad. They all did it different ways.

I do agree the WW is terrible. I understand the game developers wanting to have an end game. Keep things fresh keep players spending gold. It also allows for new players to join in more readily. However this WW system is bogus. It eventually takes an interesting strategy game and turns it in to farmville.

I was thinking of a better end game. If instead of the current system. What if they just popped up 7 wonders randomly on Rocks overnight with 5 ghosted 5K cities on the rock. Forcing everyone to have to fight to control the rock. The alliance with the majority of the cities are become the current owners. Who ever had the most control over the 7 rocks with the wonders at the end of 2-3 months is crowned the champ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7626

Hmmm it seems the players who like to found have thrown up some strange arguments in its defence.

Is it really so hard to conquer in the direction you want to go yes it takes more time as you cant just leapfrog into an area. Also more skill as players will fight against you.....but it is much more fun and rewarding and what this game should be really about.

Wasting slots on founds is just that a waste.

DeletedUser

HB, EE, and the Wolves have been founding non-stop in our oceans since WW began. In fact, they're everywhere, and almost all of them are stacked. (Sooo easy to spy, I mean come on. Your like begging for it.)

Please, oh pretty please show us some pictures of our 'founds' in any of your Oceans. And its pretty easy to see if a so-called found has been conquered or not.

DeletedUser10832

whats more disgusting than the mass colonizing, is players who will do NOTHING for the entire length of the server some who are now your team mates Sky (at least I recognize you like to attack and put troops to good use like their meant for) unlike too many in the WW building alliances, and so it is even more a joke to see players with crowns thinking that makes them good players when there is guys and ladys with over 130+ citys who have gained no BP except through internalizing inactives for the duration of their time in the game. yet these same players can "boast" of being the best? because they have a crown on their profile ? lol

Man, what a load of hot air. You have some of the sorriest bp in not only your own alliance but on the server as a whole. One wonders why you bother playing a game you hate so much. We listen to your nonstop babbling about how great you are while you bash the game as a joke, the players as a joke and yet you do nothing meaningful.. you control no oceans, don't bother with wonders and frankly..all your talk about what you did to this player and that alliance.. had nothing to do with you obviously as even your simmers have more bp than you. Find a new game to let your your feelings of inadequacy free Wolfie :)
smiley_emoticons_sleep.gif

DeletedUser

Now Zimm - having shown Honey Badgers will attack without even bothering to cancel non aggression agreements I am sure their personal BP will rise - until the next world where they profess to be the only pure alliance in the game 8)

DeletedUser

Now Zimm - having shown Honey Badgers will attack without even bothering to cancel non aggression agreements I am sure their personal BP will rise - until the next world where they profess to be the only pure alliance in the game 8)
Honey Badgers were backstabbing fools. THough I had some friends in that alliance

Honey Badgers were backstabbing fools. THough I had some friends in that alliance

Now all the good Badgers (my friends from "Stairs?NOOOO!") started a new alliance called "The Faction"

DeletedUser

Oh, I believe we all have noticed how the "Great, Powerful Honey Badgers" couldn't keep it together after WW.

Did EE finally turn their backs on you, told you couldn't piggy back on their 4 WW win? Whose lovesick puppy are you guys going to be now?

DeletedUser

Oh, I believe we all have noticed how the "Great, Powerful Honey Badgers" couldn't keep it together after WW.

Did EE finally turn their backs on you, told you couldn't piggy back on their 4 WW win? Whose lovesick puppy are you guys going to be now?
Ha! I never wanted to join Resistance. THey were a bunch of weak cowards! but then all of a sudden KOTR leadership decides we're gonna merge for wonders, and I had no choice but to follow. I tried to talk them out of it, but they would not listen! I will join the Faction, because I will not go out in the weak alliance that I once called the enemy.

DeletedUser7431

I think its necessary to found/colonize a city only some certain times when needed. For example mid way through Phi server my alliance was attempting to break into a Northward ocean from where we were in our core and so front lines were heavily stacked far too much for any over the line breach for a foothold on a nearby island. So we decided to as a whole alliance to colonize on an island farther North more than halfway up the ocean map scale. Once we all founded our cities as a team plan that was well organized, we began slowly building and stacking these new cities up with defense naval units and high walls ASAP. One month it took and then we were war ready on this island. Occupying all of its slots we fough from this advantage point Southward and in 2 weeks we tore through the enemy like a shredding paper. Not only was this in my opinion a good strategy to use against enemies your warring against, but it was a smart idea to organize and plan and carry out. It worked very well for my crew and we took over the entire ocean soon after that,eventually getting our enemy to surrender itself and asking to merger with us. They did and we were all good friends afterward. The reason why we accepted them was because we knew they could and would fight in a warfare situation and not just turtle. We kept the war on very clean and friendly gamers terms which is a great way to play the game and get to experience like minded people with great attitudes for respecting general purpose rules of proper engagement. So I will say that when you plan to war and your well into it and need a backup plan, colonizing can win the war for your alliance. It did for mine. While we did not win the server Wonders or the crown our constant rank of one of the top 5 groups made it worth all the time I spent with this good team. Wolverines of Phi server are some of the toughest guys I have come to know. Evil Eyes took the Wonders and won with 4 completed first. We got one done and the rest were level 8 or 9 so inactives and some newer players not realizing market level values or temple favour need when building WWs was a necessity and teaching people ingame while trying to organize a veteran crew I think this hurt us in the endgame stretch, still I had great fun and will now seek to join a new server, hopefully one will open up and be speed 3/3 revolt server which I like the best. I hope this strategy about founding cities only as a plan to win a war opens some minds to different plans and ideals to try in your next or current server you play on. The whole point is to have fun playing the game we love, so long as we all can achieve that then we are golden. Cheers all
Chrysirofax

@ Poseidon2882 ,I consider you a friend and I take no offense at your opinion of Resistance/Wolverines and I was with it since its foundation so I know most of the strongest players there and they are good people. Some are new players so again I will stress newer players need training and developmental skills in order to learn how to fight/defend. Its as simple as that, its got nothing to do with being branded a coward. I have fought all server long myself and never once backed out of a scrap. And also never lost a city until just this week as I have left the server for new horizons. EE took the win so game was over in my eyes. Call us what you will, it matters not. We thought well of the KOTR alliance and we appreciated the good war I will also remind you that we won.
Raviger is a good person and my server long friend. I will be glad to know we met him the rest of my playing days here. So try to lighten up for the sake of having good friends and try to be enlightened on what I have stated as only my opinion. But the fact remains we still won our war. Facts dont lie as the results were crystal clear, yet we did not label you all losers. So chill brother, its all good.

I still feel Wolves have much to learn as a crew playing together. But for what its worth we did pretty good. Maybe not fantastic but better than I expected, and certainly we were the underdog of this server and at many turns we were underestimated. We simply were not organized enough so we do have a few things more to learn for future servers. I learn from each server I play in and this is now my seventh total. I havent gotten a crwon yet but Ive got mixed feelings about WWs. I wont dare to judge anyone here as all of the players I have met mostly are very experienced and great players with much to offer in wisdom so I am thankful for all of the good friends I met along the way. And all of you know me as Captain Bligh. Chrysirofax was my registered forum name so I just kept it that way and changed player names when I joined Phi for a fresh start. I did not know anyone from Adams cat in Phi when it opened.
And I can never really seem to get a good group of buddies to carry on an alliance tradition which would be very cool thing to do for me. i think loyalty is a good thing so I stayed with Wolves the duration. I hope no one held any bad will or grudges against me, but if they did I totally understand that. Its been a weird server from my point of view, while all have many twists and turns here and there the alliance jumping makes me sick. I cannot beleive there is no honour or valour to sink or swim with your team. If you fail just respawn and give it another go, that way you can actually say you gave it a shot all the way win or lose.
Its too easy to be on the side thats winning, but I guess theres no harm in trying to be part of a better team, so again no judgment on anyone here.
Cheers

DeletedUser

@ Poseidon2882 ,I consider you a friend and I take no offense at your opinion of Resistance/Wolverines and I was with it since its foundation so I know most of the strongest players there and they are good people. Some are new players so again I will stress newer players need training and developmental skills in order to learn how to fight/defend. Its as simple as that, its got nothing to do with being branded a coward. I have fought all server long myself and never once backed out of a scrap. And also never lost a city until just this week as I have left the server for new horizons. EE took the win so game was over in my eyes. Call us what you will, it matters not. We thought well of the KOTR alliance and we appreciated the good war I will also remind you that we won.
Raviger is a good person and my server long friend. I will be glad to know we met him the rest of my playing days here. So try to lighten up for the sake of having good friends and try to be enlightened on what I have stated as only my opinion. But the fact remains we still won our war. Facts dont lie as the results were crystal clear, yet we did not label you all losers. So chill brother, its all good.

I think i did overreact because I felt insulted. Res was never a bad alliance. I thought That you were good people. I do not doubt that I have made friends within the alliance. Though I always felt that things in your strategical planning were wrong. I am sorry to disrespect you and your alliance, but I felt insulted and overreacted. Forgive me for that. I harbor no ill will for the alliance.

DeletedUser10354

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - the 174th ranked fighter calling out others for simming!!!!!

Now I really HAVE seen it all! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well Your in one of those simmer alliances thats been doing nothing but founding, from the start and attacking late starters that landed on the edge of the world with your alliance, and nothing but constantly internalizing to grow, so why make any posts about other alliances colonizing to get into your main oceans to fight you ? what chance have i got with a CS journey of over 47 hrs into a turtled up all defense majority alliances ocean. thats the reason I chose to colonize, by the time my 10hr ls and nukes reached your ocean i was hitting 5k of stacked bires and about 800 Trans

I blame World Wonders, they add nothing to Grepolis as a game, but turn the entire concept of warmongering into nothing more than simville.....it forces those alliances who WANT to waste time building them, to mass colonize to secure clustered territorys in preperation for the simville'esque World Wonder building,

Innogames devs have to change this WW scenario, it has definitively ruined what the original Grepolis .1 servers had, fun and non stop action, WW's equates to boring and dead servers where majority of players play the defense turtle and sim to WW stage,

ima huge advocate for going back to the original formats where warrior worlds were actually ment for fighting, the simming and never ending alliance jumping is ruining whatever small integrity this game once had.

I also hold my hands up as I have colonized more citys in this server than in the 20+ other servers ive played in combined! thats how boring the WW's make this game where everybodys a turtle because its easier to grow 3x as fast as a defender than if your like us who actually prefer to attack others. the res we need to rebuild lost nukes, the defenders simply run more festivals and keep eating internals from the never ending supply of Brother/sister academy allainces they set up to get around the alliance caps.

the games becoming a sad shadow of what Grepolis once was.

PS, your point about founding and repeating, if you ask enemys thats shared an island ive actually colonized on, I build pure offense in them and pester the neighbours until i conquer their citys, too many colonize and just build more defense landlocked, i can name about 30 players off the top of my head that spring to mind, and as i mention above some have over 100+ citys but less than 180k ABP and DBP. anybody with over 100 citys who has so little BP counts is a selfish player that doesnt help their alliance, the stats prove that, or they do very little when in the game.

so I certyainly agree i dont see what enjoyment they get from a war game if they never actually use their troops.

the addition of island quests, is just one more dreadful step towards making Grepolis a war game where you never actually have to attack another live opponant to actually test your skill against theirs, and thats where the real fun and enjoyment is found, not simming.

DeletedUser3627

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - the 174th ranked fighter calling out others for simming!!!!!

Now I really HAVE seen it all! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Highland Wolf, go play your other world, your not needed here anymore. Not that you did anything here anyway except for moan about others who were obviously better than you.

DeletedUser9295

Highland Wolf ,I don't know if you remember me but as soon as I sent attacks at a few of your cities you ghosted .. now there are the makings of a feared fighter lol