The Eubea Times

Discussion in 'Eubea US 68' started by stevehazelnuttehepic, Jan 24, 2018.

1. HarolDean

HarolDean Newcomer

and gambler's a like.

2. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

@HarolDean - You, my friend, are irrelevant here. Go back to your EN server and just sim here or sell for gold. In this world, your like the last player drafted in the NFL draft known as "Mr Irrelevant" because they are worthless. You made me look into your awesome numbers so let's just share them for all to see how massive a fighter you are. Hmmm - What do you guys think ? CGAG? BD? Yattle? What's your morale on ole Harold.

upload_2018-4-14_8-47-10.png

3. Nomi Mori

Nomi Mori Newcomer

OMG. Do this do tht. Say this say tht. I just dont understand all the duck measurements going on. Step up ur game!! And unbore me pls.

4. JagermeisterCB4

JagermeisterCB4 Messenger

haha wasn't Tom Brady drafted 199? How well did that work out for him? O yeah, he is the G.O.A.T... now I'm in no way saying that Harold will become anything great but please don't reference anything about the NFL if you don't know what your talking about... just hilarious

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. stevehazelnuttehepic

stevehazelnuttehepic Senior Citizen

With everything that's going on right now happening, I'm going to put off writing the next article until the drama (in-world, not here) dies down a bit so I can post actual stat stats.

I told you not to look.

This weekend drama is so amazing, and here I am writing a newspaper article that will hopefully have lots more sarcasm than the last.

6. blackdem

blackdem Messenger

@Scott
    Are you still boasting.
    Thanks for the city slots. I will make good use of them.[​IMG]

7. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

@ blackdem - yeah was very crafty on your part getting biremes fast. Kudos to you. Very well played indeed. As for Tom Brady, #1 he wasn't Mr. Irrelevant. #2 for every Tom Brady there are 100 horrible players picked last in the draft. No worries Steve. We entertain ourselves here lol.

No question you guys are big spenders on the events. Not saying you specifically BD but may of SPQR are just building ludicrous Manti, Griffin, Hydra nukes overnight. Once the hen disappears we'll be back to some conventional fighting and not 80 Griffins on Mon from a city then 80 more Griffins again 28 hours later from same city. Cannot fault anyone from spending money though. Pure capitalist here.

This has been some awesome fighting and a great war so far. Both sides are benefiting from tons of BP and growth. Any update on that epic ultimatum from Venom? I see Jinz has gone silent and has no growth or fighting for a few days.

Good to see ya Nomi Mori. I hear very good stuff from your teammates about how good you are at Grep. Should be fun to spar.

8. Megalopsuchia

Megalopsuchia Artisan

You can't be serious, Scot... You're above blaming gold.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

@Megalopsuchia - See quote " Cannot fault anyone from spending money though" . It's totally fair. I use gold primarily for advisers but the events are giving away things that take weeks to build in standard play for almost nothing. Good on them as it forces players to buy gold or simply get slaughtered by crapply players with money. Again this is a capitalist nation and money rules the day. I do appreciate you assuming I'm above something lol. 99.9% of the comments are super derogatory about me here. So for that, thank you sir.

10. stevehazelnuttehepic

Well Scot, since you mentioned it I may as well go and post that part now.

So last week (April 8th), Mr Jinzo* the Unstoppable over there laid out his demands to SPQR. They were the following but ignore the styling because that was just me making it look purdier for this
    1.) Africa
    1a.) NAP dropped
    1b.) Africa becomes red​
    2.) Expansion
    2a.) SPQR forbidden from expanding into 35, 36, 45, 46, and 56.
    2b.) Venom forbidden from expanding into 44, 54, 55, 64, and 65
    2c.) Venom has free range in 45
    2d.) All existing cities outside these confines are allowed, city trades not required but possible​
    3.) Ants
    3a.) SPQR forbidden from taking ANY cities from Ants
    3b.) Ants and SPQR will ceasefire
    3c.) Venom will become exterminators​
    SPQR had the following response
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BEHOLD, THE MIGHT OF VENOM. But wait, it gets even better! On April 9th, the next day, Jinzo* the Unstoppable told a guy in SPQR that quote "Not that we're the greatest thing ever. But I've led a few of them and taught some others." (Note, this is an excerpt of his message)

In a later message, he stated the following: "We're not afraid of SPQR or Gamblers. And both know they need us to survive which is why there's a huge fight to see who's side we'll take." L. O. L. So I guess this war that has been going on for longer than Jinzo* has been relevant has been over whos side Venom should take. Well if the above spoiler is anything to go by, you're welcome to them! Let 'em at me, I'll drown all of 'em!

On another note, Jinzo* sent me the following message about the ultimatum when I posted about it here the first time.
    OH lol. I wouldn't call that an ultimatum, just that those were my terms. Which were declined. Currently waiting on the counter offer from you guys. We may want to punch each other in the face (metaphorically), but we know that working together is best for both of us for the long term until WW Age hits.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Scot, you mentioned that Jinzo* is IA a day. It's entirely possible that Jinzo* honestly thought that SPQR would accept the terms, and when we refused to send a counter offer he quit because his entire plan fell apart at his feet.

In case you either don't follow the stats of SPQR or Gamblers, SPQR and Gamblers op'ed each other at the same time. It went about as well as you'd expect. The final results of day 2 are SPQR-5 to Gamblers-6, making Gamblers the current victor. Whether they'll still hold that spot tomorrow remains to be seen.

Scot, please give my apologies to Zhao, 1/4th of the birs he hit were mine. Also, I must congratulate you and the rest of Gamblers on an op well done, even if it will trigger my alliance 'leaders'. Not sure how bad it was for you guys, but we had pages and pages of revolts for 12+ hours.

Ya know, I didn't initially plan to add anything besides the Venom part. Guess I love writing this so much I just had to write for like two hours.

And last but not least, do let me know what you think of this new format that I tried out. I started wondering if I should shorten the posts by using spoilers, and decided I'd give it a try. Depending on the coming days, I may have a lot more to say. So as always, stay tuned for more from
    THE EUBEA TIMES
    The Eubea Times is brought to you by Uoflgirl's Miracle Grow, just apply it to walls, water it, and watch those walls SOAR!

11. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

Well no worries on Admiral Zhao. You and Blackdem got a lot of biremes there faster than expected so kudos for that effort. Our op was pretty horrible to be honest. We got a few cities maybe grab another one here or there. As a group we are finding out who is a participant and who is just here for the ride. There were only about 6 or 7 of us actually working the op which was poor turn out to be sure. The counter op on us has been hen-tastic. Today we lost ground. I believe we lost 2 or 3 cities and took one. The numbers you posted are not actually accurate. We lost both days in city take overs. Not by much but we are down a net 2 or 3 cities.

Very nice takes by Pale-Rider this evening and one earlier going through insane amounts of DLU with myth monster nukes to get through Pazuzu. Might lose a couple more tomorrow as well as take a couple more. Calling it like it is. They are currently the better team (SPQR). They are using the Attack Planner and showing skilled timing while many of our players are just learning the mechanics of the game. We have skill as well but nothing like the top ten in SPQR. Does this mean we are done? No no no. It will continue to be a grind and cities will be lost and gained on both sides for months.

And about Jinzo, oh man he gave me an earful. In one sentence wanted to work with us on front and back attacks on SPQR then in next sentence states he's going to then run through us from 12 hours LS TT and two oceans away? I feel badly for those that bought into the bravado he mustered up only to be failed again just like THE 100, The Great Revolution, Ants, Wax etc... All the leaders were super amped up about going to war with SPQR then poof buh bye quitters.

We'll see if anyone other than us even poses a threat at all to the SPQR machine. Looks like clear sailing for you guys except for us. If you beat us, hats off.

Some great fighting today. More to come tomorrow.

I like your wacky writing style. Not sure about others but its important that people remember this is a browser game, not Democrats vs Republicans which is enough to destroy a family lol.

Good luck in coming days. Back to some normal fighting as hen disappears and normal play resumes.

12. stevehazelnuttehepic

At the time of posting, those results were actually right on target. I looked through the conquest/pacts tab in the alliance and checked every gain and loss to figure out who gained/lost what. However, as you seem to think it's off I suppose I can take another look to double check.

Pretty sure something is wrong. This is what I got today.
    Gamblers - 6
    SPQR - 4

Edit #2: Checked Grepo life, it confirms 6-4 with Gamblers in the lead.
    http://grepolife.com/us/68/conquers

Edit #3: Was checking things over again and found the mistake. It is 6-4 with Gamblers in the lead, I was just adding an extra city belonging to someone outside Gamblers. My mistake.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  13. JagermeisterCB4

JagermeisterCB4 Messenger

OceanJ today at 02:12
    =i play on conquest i came here for gold.

14. MarkASp

MarkASp Philosopher

And that's the problem. Too many gold simmers, and too few people actually playing.

15. blackdem

blackdem Messenger

@scott
    Guess we are not just taking inactive players now.
    I guest your turtle strategy is not working as well as you thought in ocean 44.[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

Well put DM ... "Guest your turtle strategy..." Grammar man. Turtle strategy works fine if players know what their doing. The unlimited slingers from the event is not helping much though. About OceanJ. Yep he came to sell gold here initially. Perhaps he quits this world. Not sure. Stopped posting anything at all and would not allow us to hand off cities then lost them. He's a great defender but he's in WW stage in another world and simply not paying attention here.

He lost two to you now. Paz just lost a second. AZ lost one on a rock. I'll be very clear. You guys are better than us. You should be running us over. Are you wanting us to give up? Then who would you fight? Venom .... please. Ants .... really,

Its a long world and slots are forever so some will be gone on both sides in time. Those that stick it out will benefit from those that don't.

For the last time, you guys are better than us in nearly every way. We are doing our best to make it a challenge for you. Time will tell who is left.

17. blackdem

blackdem Messenger

@Scott
    Sorry about the grammar mistake, I was typing too fast. The only reason I am posting at all is because you were talking major trash about our MRA as if you have just one alliance and no sister alliances. Please continue to build and fight, it makes the game fun. As you said we have a long time til WW and it would be boring to just sim until then. I suggest you spend more time focusing on your alliance members and less time on how our alliance will break apart. You have no doubt realized that you will lose many members before and during WW before this world is settled.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

Absolutely. No question you have spies here. We have spies in your group. It's all part of the game. As for concentrating on my alliance members, I'm doing the best I can. At this point, we're letting someone else manage the defense effort and I'm going to just pile certain cities sky high with defense rather than me trying to defend 8 different cities blindly alone. I think you would agree that there comes a time certain players have to learn to defend the hard way or just quit. Maybe they will switch to you guys like PKK and Flashero only to be eaten by both sides. Doesn't matter though as the results are similar. Cities are split between our teams about 50/50 then and we move on.

I can hope we will give you a solid fight for a good long while. As you pointed out, the WW stage is over a year away. This world is just a baby at this point.

19. musgrove2000

musgrove2000 Newcomer

wow great read guys keep up the good work.

20. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Citizen

Musgrove is in the House!!! Wow am I out numbered. Just me and Yattle then all the rest SPQR in here. Good job defending as always this weekend Musgrove. Your proving to be a tough take for my guys out west. Their tenacity is there but you have just enough defense to keep them attacking and not taking. Brilliant and BP for both sides.