The Eubea Times

Discussion in 'Eubea US 68' started by stevehazelnuttehepic, Jan 24, 2018.

1. stevehazelnuttehepic

stevehazelnuttehepic Taxiarch

Does calling me a weasel count?

Nomi Mori likes this.
  2. Megalopsuchia

Megalopsuchia Philosopher

Kind of. But I don’t think I expressed that in the external forums, did I? In my last post I was only referring to externals. Obviously I suggested in-game that certain SPQR teammates shouldn’t be trusted as leaders or otherwise.

This seems like the right time so i’ll go for it and swallow my pride; I think it’s fair to say that time has proved you are not an actual weasel. I admit you are a person. Sorry for that, Steve.

3. cgag114

cgag114 Citizen

Bottom whooping... huh.. well I mean idk if there's much we can do about 4 50-75+ city players randomly going MIA with no explanations, posts, responses, ect. having to defend 25-50+ cities blind for 4 days straight was more than a little bit taxing.. You jumped on an opportunity. I will not say it wasn't well done. But it's not an bottom whooping. More like a well executed opportunity jump.

Lots of fun and BP to be had.

4. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Hey everyone! Glad to see some venom (pun intended) thown my way lol. Finally it's back to the norm. As you found out about 1:30 am this morning when you harbor checked me, my wall was low (14) and I had a few cities of DLU support and <2600 biremes. In hindsight, I should have left it lower so you guys might sack up and try. I didn't use ANY gold to get the wall up to 25. It took 1 epic builder that was a timely quest that day.

Since you are calling out our players that left / quit as you stated, let me remind you of your own fantastic group:
    David B - 5 days idle - lost 2 cities
    Titanium - Simply quit
    hcoates - Simply quit
    Persephone - yeah the other one (will be quitter when VM ends soon)
    Game Error - Looks to have quit
    1BigJumbo - Quit
    and there are more quitting soon as well.

You see CGAG, you need the best group of 40 players with the most cities in the closest proximate with the highest activity level to win World Wonders.
    We have the top 7 players in the world. Our proximity is is super dense. Our activity is excellent.

This is not a slam dunk yet but if it continues as it has, you stand little chance. I admit you fight your balls off (CGAG). Also I'll say Orion is a terrible, lazy player. Oh I forgot the multiple time quitting Kprince. Nice job with that.

When you come to your senses and want to stop the charade just ping me for the invite we discussed. The others are ready when you flip. As discussed though if possible let's continue the fun until WW is just a month away so mass ghosting doesn't lengthen this world when they see the writing on the wall.

Good talk.

5. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Hawk Shadow - Quit
    wmlomc - Quit
    Gettokin1 - Quit
    Klyde Thunder - Quit
    KUnal paTil - Quit
    to be continued....

6. bulldog13tv

bulldog13tv Messenger

As Orulla73/Mega and others have pointed out... We only pick on the "weak and lame" from the security of the rim. This allows us to pile up impressive stats. That being said I would like to point out that our stats are also misleading.

[​IMG]

This shows we have a ridiculous win/loss ratio of 88/1. The truth is more complicated.

If the scores from the now deleted S.P.Q.R Legion and Lions Pride alliances are added you can see that our actual warscore is 113-2. This gives us a much more reasonable win/loss ratio of 56.5/1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scotropolis likes this.
  7. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

From what I can tell, CGAG, Tigerdawg, Brutus are really the only hard working players in the pile of alliances they still have. Orion is quite literally living on other peoples defense. PersephoneIV (Missy) is seemingly disinterested. Kprince has show multiple times he's a poor player. Header is pretty good but really bored. Duck is good and good people but he's stuck as well.

The only stat that will matter in the end is who wins the wonders. I'm betting on our group. We have over 2100 cities in ocean 44 in a dense pile with all other alliances having less than 80. You guys will be send resources to your wonders from hours and oceans away while we easily defend and flood our wonders in less than 30 minutes max time to wonder.

The amazing part is just how bored your back line guys are. You guys leave dead players and ghosts for months as no one wants another boring city in ocean 55 southeast.

I fully expect us to be close to 2500 cities in 44 avg size of 16k crushing the wonders with floods of resources and favor.

In short, when CGAG and the others move over to us as planned, the game is a done deal. For now, we have to keep it on the down low though. Spilling the beans too soon would make even more (if that is even possible) players give up over there. Let's enjoy letting CGAG and a few others gain some cities in 44 to help us win this world post flip. CGAG is the hardest working player in Eubea for sure. Orion is the laziest.

8. Orulla73

Orulla73 Newcomer

Scot, can you send some of those good players our way? We are bored and so far we are hunting for activity in 4 oceans and the biggest activity that we are getting is SparklesforYou attacking after night time starts or the Squirrels feeding resources to Mcfend to build cs's and cities in our area for us to take. We are really trying to be nice and not attack the weak and lame but the squirrels are making it really, really hard.

Scotropolis likes this.
  9. musgrove2000

musgrove2000 Newcomer

I dont know Scot I work pretty hard.

10. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Hey Mus! I'm not sure I could add you because of how I measure "working hard". Stats are stats.

Musgrove2000 = #52 in Eubea with 668,915 total BP
    Musgrove2000 = #58 in Eubea with 844,970 points and 63 cities

Heck our 19th rank hardest working Gambler has been on VM for 3+ weeks and still has similar stats.
    Drake232 = #42 in Eubea with 837,818 total BP
    Drake232 = #55 in Eubea in points with 850,220 points and 61 cities

He'll be back beginning of the year.

It would very hard to argue that you work harder than CGAG, TigerDawg, JHeader, Kaner00.

There is little doubt however that you work a bizillion times harder than Orion. At least you use your own defense to defend. That guy is a defense hog and clearly builds no defense himself. We don't have a single leader here in Gamblers but I assure you all our top players are also our top defenders. IE, we build tons of defense so our group can attack more and have more fun, not vice versa.

My suggestion is to simply eat Orion. He's a true liability to your chances to win and defend as he has no idea what a "reasonable" amount of defense is. I'm guessing he's still sending out mass mails when he has 10k biremes in his harbor .... then we take 2 other cities that got only 3000 biremes lol. What a liability.

11. cgag114

cgag114 Citizen

Scot litteraly your talking out your butt, I don't know who your trying to convince, yourself maybe?

I am never coming over to gamblers, that's a fact, and everyone here knows that. No one is interested in joining you. Your trying to tell people your letting us take cities in 44? Were plowing through your quitters. Smashing your bir walls while you attempt to stop us. You mention our quitters, from what, months ago? Hawk 6 months ago, gettokin 5, klyde, who was klyde lmao? wmloc, ok recent but was he doing anything? Kunan is here too, LOL.

You are quite literally imploding from the inside. Your losing top players left and right. Bye muddawg, virtual zach, and i'm not even gonna mention the others, you and your alliance are scrambling to eat before we do as we speak. Maybe your trying to downplay the severity of your situation to your team, and trying to convince someone with your flattery from SPQR to join you because your running out of players? Idk man, but your a special nut for sure.

I can't even believe your trying to convince people I'm jumping to you. Your team is quitting, and rightfully so. Who would want to have all there cities in one ocean, tucked in the back, to do nothing but eat internals who quit because of boredom. You cater to the top 8 fighters on your team because you don't let anyone else near the fight in fear of losing cities. Not even exaggerating you and your top guys hog the BP and the frontlines, I honestly feel bad for half your players. Who wants to attack with 7-12 hour TT's? I don't blame your guys for quitting. We own 75% of the world Scott. You top gamblers are out of slots, and don't have enough to eat nearly what you have in internals to eat. You dropped muddawg before he even hit 2 days inactive because you didn't want to see the lost cities flooding your feed. Poor guy you didn't even give him a chance even during the holidays, now were eating him alive worse, sad because he is a pretty good player. Were pushing deep, and your grasping for straws here. You have chiguanas, that is the only thing going for you. They are the only reason you even can attempt to talk trash. Props to Chi. They are an impressive group and there is no downplaying that.

Stats don't lie, if chi's weren't here you'd be losing by over 100+ takes.

The only way you win is if we are completely incompetent during wonders. You barely have a team left standing, more internals by the day. We will eat eat eat, and not talk talk talk like you. Keep making excuses, and trying to convince everyone that your the most brilliant player that's hit the US servers. I don't quit on my team, win or lose, leaving a group of players I've played with for almost a year for a pointless crown makes absolutely no sense. Were having fun over here.

PS: Wheres drake? it's the New Year!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    stevehazelnuttehepic likes this.
  12. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Nice comeback! Awesome CGAG. We needed to tamp down the rumors that you are coming a bit. Too early so nice job (shhhh). As for players quitting, you are correct that we have lost some players due to simply quitting. Many are from far north.

Apparently what you and all 13 of your alliances are not aware of is you can only have 40 players in the winning alliance. Uh oh. You didn't explain the 72 hour rule??? That will be a real downer for the 482 other players that don't get to compete for a crown.

It's gonna come down to your Uuber 40 vs our Uuber 40.

Also, Persephone-, Game Error? David B03? Titanium Concrete? Do they ring a bell?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  13. stevehazelnuttehepic

Deck the halls with lots of corpses! [​IMG]

Darkrystal Falkahn likes this.
  14. Megalopsuchia

If you want to know why smart players leave SPQR for Gamblers despite SPQR's enormous numbers advantage, this weekend was a great example.

What we saw should reminds us of the Allegory of the Long Spoons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_long_spoons

SPQR is hell.

Cgag certainly earned his beatdown this weekend, but we almost had to feel bad for him when we saw the blackdem, zred, bleu duck, pale rider, and orion cities all with 500, 600, 700, 800 fast transports in their harbors, just sitting there doing nothing on mixed islands.

Cgag is revolted in 20 different places, getting crushed over and over and over, building walls up only to get them knocked down due to lack of DLU... and other SPQR leaders sit back with overstacked cities on mixed islands. I mean, not even cities in deep red territory.... minutes from 100 other friendly cities... yet they selfishly horde thousands of DLU while their teammate gets smacked around for 48 hours and loses three cities. SHAMEFUL. Really shameful. And Exhibit A of the dysfunction and sad state of affairs at SPQR.

Really seems like you're tempting fate, cgag.

15. stevehazelnuttehepic

Who wants 1-13 BP ratios?

16. PolishPrince14

PolishPrince14 Newcomer

Hi all!! Long time reader, first time poster.

Really, Steve? I'd imagine and hope that if/when cgag is in this forum, he'd have a different opinion. Pretty selfish of you and other SPQR/Venom members to think that way while he's having the type of weekend that he had. I guess that's the difference between us. We'd rather rebuild a defensive city to make sure that you must rebuild your offense. I'd definitely not allow my teammate to get continuously creamed because it would be a bad BP ratio. Nevermind the countless resources and time your TEAMMATE will need to rebuild those walls and units. That's just me though. Please, by all means, keep doing what you are doing!!

Mega, excellent anecdote and synopsis there. However, you forgot something and I'd like to elaborate. We would be remiss if we didn't mention the absurd number of DLU and biremes that Jheader, tigerdawg, heyho, and co. keep in their cities with no purpose. 10K biremes??? 20K DLU??? Seems to me that some of that could have helped out cgag. It's bewildering that someone like cgag would allow someone like Jheader to do this while he is being slaughtered. Venom and its leadership are not above reproach here. It's unbelievable how obdurate they are. It sure would be great if this continued during WWs.

If my fellow Gamblers and leadership treated me in the manner cgag was, there would be some major problems. Thankfully, that isn't and never has been the case. I'd venture to say that's the reason why you don't take cities off of active players. Conversely, your active players can lose cities. Might be time for a player of cgag's caliber to re-evaluate his associations rather than be a martyr.

I'm imploring all of SPQR and Venom to keep not supporting your most important players when they are desperate, aimlessly horde defense in cities of morons who can't really play the game, and continue to troll the inactives and less actives for aspirations of acquiring a city in 44. That is the winning strategy to adhere to. . .I promise!!

17. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

l did actually feel for CGAG. PP has a solid point. At Gamblers we don't allow our players to get slaughtered over and over like that. I'm not kidding when I say there were 40k in biremes and 60k in DLU in cities in 44 that were less than 20k total points. Also Steve, really are you going to show your great BP?
    upload_2019-1-13_23-21-3.png

upload_2019-1-13_23-21-54.png

7926426 / 235941 = 33.5 to 1 BP advantage over you friend. Shall we compare our walls?

As for winning wonders, it will be interesting to see which 40 make the cut for SPQR. When you have so many players, it will be quite discouraging for #41 thru # 359. Not to mention the Venom group that will be hung out to dry.

World Wonders is approaching fast. This world will end fast as well. When CGAG flips to us, how many will quit there? Plenty. Especially after you let him ruin a wonder island at level 9 building level 10. Crash! Instant loss for SPQR/Venom. Instant win for Gamblers/ CGAG. Let's just say he's not as pleased as you suggest about his "great support" this weekend.

So let's see you again on the battlefield say Thursday again? I'll be ready.

18. cgag114

cgag114 Citizen

while I do appreciate the praise, the claim that I'm flipping to gamblers is absolutely absurd. I've sunk far too much time into this world with THIS team to leave for a crappy crown that has no reflection of past play.

Tough weekend. great OP by you guys, I will admit. Best OP i've seen from you guys. Was almost impossible to get walls up. Praise given where its due.

SPQR + Venom did well defending what we needed to defend. 2 44 cities, 1 north 54 city, all cities that I took from you gamblers.

At this point in the world, the player count is basically the same. Any rotations by both teams will be the same during wonders. I am not flipping, and while I understand and many others understand that you post here that big players are flipping from SPQR to hurt SPQR + Venom morale or trying to get other players to flip to you, its a sad attempt and the same old story of this world. I am not weak skinned or care about a crown that much to leave people that i've grown fond of and have helped me with my personal success and fun in this one. Unlike some people. You are a hypocrite if you think that you treated people with respect while you were in SPQR. You may be kissing bottoms in gamblers, but if they knew how you acted while you were here I am sure they would have ate you and never thought twice. Like we should have and not let you stay and continue to be a cancerous tumor driving away top SPQR players with your self conceited rants that you failed to see any other point of view other than your own and eventually flipping anyways.

Anybody in this alliance knows my stance. I would not leave them for a petty win and crown, this game is for fun, win or lose building relationships with strangers and learning to work together has been fun. I have not had any contact with you scott or anyone else regarding flipping. I receive pm's all the time with scot trying to recruit SPQR members. It has been the story of this world. Poaching is the only way you have gotten an upper hand in this world. in my opinion, why cheese a win? let it play out. let the teams be set. Let wonders do the talking.

Thursday sounds good. Come again! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 6:56 PM
  19. Megalopsuchia

Don’t really see anywhere you were praised, cgag, and you certainly don’t deserve any.

You mismanaged your cities, let 30 get revolted easily, and put your alliance in a terrible situation.

You got roflstomped for 3 straight days wasting huge amounts of resources, failing to coordinate with your teammates, and losing three cities at a critical time in the world.

And to top it all off, you still blame Gamblers for losing players. The best players in the world have left SPQR, but I guess that has nothing to do with you, right? What remains in SPQR are the lazy, selfish players who think they can cruise to a win because they’re in the biggest alliance. It’s pathetic, and the patheticness will be on full display during WW when max effort is required from the full team.

Finally, you can call the crown silly all you want on these forums, but you and me both know that’s not true, don’t we? We both know that you’re as desperate to win as anyone. We both know you believe you’ve made too great and bitter a personal sacrifice playing Eubea to accept anything less than victory. So let’s knock off the aw shucks routine and get real.

Edit: my Gamblers teammates are competent, generous, respectful adults. I get along with them because we have similar values and goals. Amazing how that could happen! SPQR leadership acted differently (to put it kindly) so we clashed. You keep blaming everyone else for your problems and never look to yourself. Huge character flaw. Work on that, kid.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 7:35 PM
  20. cgag114

cgag114 Citizen

Don't call me a kid you bitter self-absorbed loser, you don't know me or anything about me lol, you have shown your true colors in this world to almost everyone, and I'm sure your attitude in this game reflects you in real life. Bitter, self absorbed, conceited, and rude individual. Sad way to live life. Bet your a joy.

Mismanaged and roflstomped? You guys had players from 43 attacking me LOL. I am spread along 3 oceans. I haven't sat in one ocean and depended on massive amounts of gold use and short TT's. I lost 3 cities out of 20+ revolted, all 3 had absolutely no affect on me or the alliance due to the areas.

I loved the OP. You took 3 cities I took from gamblers. Congrats! I also brought in over 200k DBP and sunk a bunch of cs's. Feeding me BP is great and a good strategy by you guys. Top notch!

Haven't blamed anyone, the truth is the truth. Top gambler members are constantly probing SPQR and venom players to jump over. it's pathetic.

You have the biggest ego I have ever encountered on a game, and I cannot imagine you in real life. I feel bad for anyone that has even limited contact with you on a daily or weekly basis. All that smack talk to scott all this world to end up bending down and sucking scotts toes at the end for a virtual crown. Cop out!

Come back thursday!

[​IMG]

blackdem likes this.