The Eubea Times

Discussion in 'Eubea US 68' started by stevehazelnuttehepic, Jan 24, 2018.

1. stevehazelnuttehepic

stevehazelnuttehepic Philosopher

Well, no one ever sends me terrible SPQR attacks, so I can't ever make fun of SPQR for those terrible attacks. Also if you really hate my newspaper that much, just go ahead and rim me or something. I could use more time waging war in Apollonia since the only reason I stayed was Nomi, and now the only reason I'm still here is that Cgag needs help babysitting.

2. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Also here you can see there is terrible technique with attacking in SPQR as there is in every large group. Put this one on your board as a genius move for your team Steve.
    upload_2018-7-30_22-22-29.png

3. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

Only two points I got:

1) LOL at "crushing on a weekly basis!" (Referring to Gamblers crushing anyone). That's a funny joke for sure. Props. Maybe crushing themselves with two alliances getting shut down..

2) "Venom and SPQR have lots of quitters" - Venom doesn't at all really.. But then again, didn't you guys just shut down TWO alliances because you've lost so many players? Also as opposed to the grand total of 5 players in Gamblers who do anything of note since, well, Gamblers have been alive? I highly doubt SPQR is even close to the amount of players lost by internalization compared to Gamblers. Venom FOR SURE is not. So, good try..

4. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

No question we have some quitters too. Also yes we are top heavy with active players and simmers as well. Technically we shut down one alliance as it was seemingly cursed. Was originally Spartan Empire II (it stunk then). We changed to gamblers so it became Gamblers Anonymous (kept stinking). So we simply took it down as it was just not producing. We are still 4 strong. You guys are (2 Venom, 5 or 6 SPQR) about 8 strong. In time, you will have to fight each other even though your hugging it out now. Or mission will be the same.... smash up stuff in 44 and grow thicker and thicker. You guys can fight about the other oceans and who owns them you or SPQR. We don't have that issue.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  5. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

The fighting has already happened and a winner was already decided war wise. But, I'm sure there will come a time where a few bad apples get even more rotten. And everything's already ready for that day

6. Athenakins

Athenakins Peltast Player's Council

Congrats on taking an internal Steve! I'm glad you as a "babysitter" is making that a priority.

You keep forgetting war scores.
    Everyone who matters
    [​IMG]

My personal favorite
    [​IMG]

Side note: I can't wait for bad apple day. Now that we know for sure Steve has conquest researched, it looks like he's ready.

7. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

Heard Chiguanas were going to be the first "bad apples" and become Venomites fairly soon because why not? ;)

Athenakins likes this.
  8. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Woah! 48 to 1!!! yeeeeeouch! As for Chigs becoming Venomites, anything can happen for sure. World is quite complex and they are a world class fighting machine. They seem to be having fun crunching up SPQR groups though. At Gamblers, we don't mandate that you stay or leave. As leadership it's our responsibility to provide a reason to stay. If we don't do that players can leave the group at their own will and not be called "traitors", "world killers", "backstabbers", etc... Its a game of long term strategy and territory. Nothing more and nothing less. Making it personal because players feel they have a better chance to win on another team is only sour grapes and also a failure to recognize that the reason they left was leadership didn't do a good enough job developing a clear winning strategy.

9. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

I will mostly agree to this reasoning

10. Athenakins

Makes sense. Reptiles. And Chiguanas can spit venom pretty easily. Lol

Sunvaar Se Toor likes this.
  11. Orulla73

Orulla73 Newcomer

Well we have a reputation to maintain as the Dirty Chigs with no remorse that attack on the Weak and Lame.........but we are domesticated Chiguanas, we don't bite the hand that feeds us and right now Gamblers are letting us eat as many squirrels as we can. Besides Squirrels are easier weaker prey and they taste better, although I keep finding a bitter taste in some of them almost like if they have some venom in them that doesn't agree with them. It is making them jumpy, irritable and paranoid. But who knows maybe the betrayal doesn't come from us........never mind we are the dirty Chigs, if there is betrayals it is us!!!!

Sunvaar Se Toor likes this.
  12. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Sounds like we need to prepare for war on yet another front soon. If that is the case so be it. I live in 44 so what happens in 53 and very north 54 is pretty irrelevant to me. If Chigs go Venom it would be super interesting though. Its hard to find premium players in Eubea so that would be a huge win for Venom and Jinzo. Wow would Mrs Mega hate you guys for that too. That is one mean lady!

13. Dusty1505

Dusty1505 Senior Citizen

I ate my own family once, they were slimy yet satisfying. Hakuna Matata!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  14. Athenakins

From what I understand, it would be an I-told-you-so moment for Mega. Dirty Chigs, untrustworthy Jinzo. It would probably make him happy.

15. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

I like Steve's "Jinzo the Invincible" better..

16. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Have to admit that you guys kicked our arse in 45 last weekend. Well done SPQR-Venom team. Also did Prince get banned or is he just disinterested lol. He's yellow for like 4 days or more now but not in VM? Amazing effort by SPQR to just hold his city Sat night. Had 8 minutes to get biremes there defending blind after we cleared it and you did! Now it has about 30k in DLU and 6k in biremes lol. I so wish he had closer cities to us but the only two in 44 are buried in defense so kudos.

Edit: Oops I see he has quit and is being eaten right now. Oh man are we going to miss his mass mails.

17. Sunvaar Se Toor

Sunvaar Se Toor Hoplite

I know him very well from former worlds. His "MIA" is not him checking out. Unfortunately, something bad has happened. WHAT, nobody knows. But Kprince does not checkout like how his current situation is. So if anything, please pray for him that he's okay

18. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

This is true. I battled him in ETA in 2014 / 15 in my only other competitive world. He didn't win there but he never gave up and certainly played hard. We had a really great guy and fantastic player here with us in Sticky Griffin who had to quit due to a medical emergency. We held his last city until he ghosted hoping he'd come back. The good news is he is alive and playing in on an EU server again but still cannot play hard as his health will not allow it. Here's to Kprince. I hope your well in life brother.

19. Scotropolis

Scotropolis Philosopher

Yikes now we have a player awol also. I guess Brad quit? You guys are revolting every city in 45 so I'm sure you'll get some of them soon. What a week for everyone. Kprince and now Brad.