The end of BridgeBurners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2498

it does never seem to cease to amaze how often that happens. glad you came across a good group, there are a lot of names i remember from my time in SFB on iota and i think a few from TR on theta, and i enjoyed being in an alliance with all of them. if this world goes as i expect it to, your biggest enemy is going to be boredom. there are a ton of good players in BB and censored, and if that war goes until a winner is actually decided, that alliance is going to have a tough time staying active until another legitimate challenger emerges. it might take quite a while, there's a pretty steep drop from 2 to 3, and i don't see that changing for at least a few months.

DeletedUser

it does never seem to cease to amaze how often that happens. glad you came across a good group, there are a lot of names i remember from my time in SFB on iota and i think a few from TR on theta, and i enjoyed being in an alliance with all of them. if this world goes as i expect it to, your biggest enemy is going to be boredom. there are a ton of good players in BB and censored, and if that war goes until a winner is actually decided, that alliance is going to have a tough time staying active until another legitimate challenger emerges. it might take quite a while, there's a pretty steep drop from 2 to 3, and i don't see that changing for at least a few months.
funny you should mention that, it's been a growing concern of mine. the more I see people claiming app is just gonna pull the plug and run the more worried I am. PLEASE BB DON'T DIE. the worst blow our alliance can suffer at this point is boredom.

DeletedUser2498

it's always the biggest enemy of a really dominate group. that's EXACTLY what happened in iota, and their really isn't a way to counter it. we ended up fighting a war with the #2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 alliances or some such similar nonsense at the same time, but it still wasn't really that interesting most of the time. the only 2 wars worth fighting was SFB and aweshock (where i started, we ended up merging... twice actually) vs a couple of other good groups at the beginning, and then the inevitable aweshock vs SFB which was pretty anticlimatic because of the internal problems going on at AS at the time. that led to merger #2, and after that things got boring.

you guys should look into helping a smaller alliance grow into something special once the war is over so you will have a real opponent later on in the game. good players hate peacetime, because sim city is only fun for so long.

DeletedUser

it's always the biggest enemy of a really dominate group. that's EXACTLY what happened in iota, and their really isn't a way to counter it. we ended up fighting a war with the #2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 alliances or some such similar nonsense at the same time, but it still wasn't really that interesting most of the time. the only 2 wars worth fighting was SFB and aweshock (where i started, we ended up merging... twice actually) vs a couple of other good groups at the beginning, and then the inevitable aweshock vs SFB which was pretty anticlimatic because of the internal problems going on at AS at the time. that led to merger #2, and after that things got boring.

you guys should look into helping a smaller alliance grow into something special once the war is over so you will have a real opponent later on in the game. good players hate peacetime, because sim city is only fun for so long.
again, apt timing on this comment, we're seriously looking at the resident alliances of our server to decide who we think will be around long enough to be worth our time and effort to assist..... slow goings, as it should be.

DeletedUser2498

well my work here is done lol. maybe i should be leading a group :D

DeletedUser

funny you should mention that, it's been a growing concern of mine. the more I see people claiming app is just gonna pull the plug and run the more worried I am. PLEASE BB DON'T DIE. the worst blow our alliance can suffer at this point is boredom.

hahaha im not going anywhere, your stuck with me bashing you guys into the ground until you guys give up. Soon enough, you will know my identity on Byz.

DeletedUser

lol i read your lil 3 hour statement but i think you forgot to read my previous posts where i clearly said we may have others helping other CS attempts and troops may be wet , no we dont have enough to help everyone at the same time we constantly have units swimming so next time dont sit around and say "gee i hope i get help from everyone i really need it" learn how to make a CS prep thread / msg people to get 100% guaranteed support if you need it that bad it makes you it look like this is your first world...

Yea but its not allways wise to post a support tab and leave it there for an extended amount of time especially when your alliance has had a problem with spies lurking around in it and taking a chance of that spy passing on that info to the enemy...AD even admitted to playing the spy game himself....

6jIhf.png

DeletedUser

you know what i tend to find in grepolis over and over? the most casual player base in the world. honestly, you would think they cared a little more about accomplishing alliance goals (which in turn makes individual goals that much easier) and actually being a part of something bigger then yourself. the whole "gee i hope i get help from everyone i really need it" is the prevalent mindset I have had the displeasure of encountering over and over again. finally got a good group of motivated team players though, gotta say kudos to exit for finding such an awesome group of people who (for the most part) are in agreement that an alliance actually means something, not just "groups of people not working together".

a lot of BB actually does work very well together. most of us came from a different world and had to pick up some new players to fill in some of the ranks. unfortunately at the beginning of the world this is basically a trial time to see if they will fit in or not. obviously some of those didn't fit in at all and left the alliance. they went and decided to not take any blame or fault in their own and just put it all on others. they must have been real all stars. since then there have been no problems in the alliance, interesting how that works. the first week of the world does not mean anything with how it is going to turn out.

DeletedUser8389

same here as the Dutch servers. :p

a lot of words but no balls for action.

DeletedUser

Hey Sniper...does this really look like an alliance that doesn't support it's members? Censored gave us a run for our money today, but better luck next time fella's ;)

2 sieges broken:

UOSLSuf.jpg

5AJ0qXZ.jpg

and a weak attempted take over:

PatdlGI.jpg

Can't say they aint trying..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey Sniper...does this really look like an alliance that doesn't support it's members? Censored gave us a run for our money today, but better luck next time fella's ;)

2 sieges broken:

UOSLSuf.jpg

5AJ0qXZ.jpg

PatdlGI.jpg

And the alliance with the most external forum spammers in this server award goes to Bridge Burners....Wear that crown proudly :)

DeletedUser

And the alliance with the most external forum smammers in this server award goes to Bridge Burners....Wear that crown proudly :)

Before you use words intending to insult anyone with Sniper, first, please know how to spell it, and also know what the word means. This is the relevant thread for this posting, since it was started to portray BB as failing some how, while these snapshots clearly display our victory...just saying. "Smamming" Pfft...:p

DeletedUser

Not by much, and not for long....! 8)

Ask Frowny how that tower and wall tasted...lol

QV9OXYV.jpg

DeletedUser

Well BB needs to cut down on the # of people that they have...to me, they look like a " good MRA" lots of people but decent enough.

DeletedUser7992

2 sieges broken:

UOSLSuf.jpg

5AJ0qXZ.jpg

PatdlGI.jpg

Hey silver .... brewmaster is not in your alliance... hes in wargasm.. And add 2 more snipes to my wall today.. I am #2 defender now..

DeletedUser7319

Well BB needs to cut down on the # of people that they have...to me, they look like a " good MRA" lots of people but decent enough.

BB does not mass recruit, MRA is thrown around to much on these forums.

DeletedUser

We'll see if we can make you #1 defender before we finally rim you :D
And brewmaster isn't the only one defended there, just the only one I posted...the city Protocol is ours that you tried to take, and he's on our side is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.