The Empires of Eta

DeletedUser

Using the definition of all powerful as an alliance that cannot be defeated in a war and can conquer any alliance with ease, I would say the Union comes pretty close. Obviously I don't believe my alliance could win a war against the Union hence why I would at least agree with Jimo that my alliance isn't all powerful lol

DeletedUser2039

I look at things in terms of individual alliances, than after I've done that, I look at things in terms of alliances and their allies.

The Union: I think we are the closest and most elite group in Eta thus far. We have bonds none of you know about, but we get creative with how we do things and it's worked so far. Our alliance profile, first thing says "United under The Union, protected under The Union. We will crush those who choose not to respect us and our authority. Union word is law." Now of coarse what we say isn't law, but we present ourselves this was because we want it known that we have the mindset to make things happen.

Night Warriors: They seem to be tight enough. They are looking good, but gaps are crazy between cities. Controlling that many oceans at once must be one hell of a task. Now their academy looks horrible. I'm going to be honest, they need to go through some cleaning with about 10 vacuums, 5 dusters, 2 maids, and a flame thrower to burn the trash.

Apocalypse Warlords: My friend Ruthar once told me an alliance profile speaks a ton about the alliance. Well I LOVE this profile. It seems to do a good job and do the group justice. I like them, in many ways. One alliance that The Union has zero ties to, but I still respect very much. They have something going, but are just too out of the way to mean much in my view right now.

ALL IN: This group is going through crazy changes. If they were ever weak, it would be now. They are with peace on TU's boarder and seem to be expanding in every other direction. With a non-solid player base, this group worries me, but they have the man leading that can pull it off.

Wolfknives: Another group I like. They have been solid throughout time and are showing they can take on some wear and tear. They seem to be another very steady group and don't seem to be budging anytime soon, without be targeted further. At that point, they seem breakable.

Ne Oublie: Yup.

Oceanus: Solid group and solid leader, but too spread again. Same as Night Warriors, but with their main alliance needing cleaning as well. I question the use of brother alliances/academies heavily, but hey, who am I to question.

Skipped a couple, but it seems the others aren't so relevant to me, and this is my view. ;)

The Union, ALL IN, Ne Oublie?:
Ok so here's the first batch. Now first things first, The Union has been allied with ALL IN since really the beginning. Ne Oublie and The Union are working closely, but I'm not sure I could count us as the strongest allies ever. Now, the whole support alliance down south might have been appropriate to add to this group, but I'll keep them separate simply because I think it is better that way.
Oceanus, Maelstrom Warriors, Night Warriors, Night Fall:
Well, by far the biggest and most integrated super group of Eta. They are just huge. Now, my opinions? I like working with them. They are effective in controlling oceans, all that. BUT, do they know they should be cleaning? I don't know. Do they know they should at least shuffle up to be a little less integrated? Maybe they just don't want to. Management by ocean would be much easier than just scattered everywhere. I like them, we are nice with them, but the fact remains, they are huge.
Spartacus and friends: As much as I hate to say it, it seems Spartacus has some lovely friends with lots of lovely support. Independents are all around this ocean, so they are considered allies in my prospective to some extent. They don't want another alliance in their ocean, so stacking seems to be the answer in many cases. Fatal Nemesis and them also seem to playing nice, with some support here and there. A group to be bargained, because you don't want to be trying to hit a stacked city with 3000 BR's or more. It sucks let me tell ya.

After all that, it seems pretty interesting. I see the pattern of certain alliances relying heavily on others. I don't see any one alliance, minus a few cases, that are really self-sufficient. I also don't have all the information to really make this 100% accurate, but this is how I see things. I hope you see things a little differently too and can differentiate perspectives when looking at alliance. Good luck. :-D

DeletedUser

Great stuff Tyler. I read not only the Eta forums, but spend a good amount of time reading other worldly chatter as well. As you and Cerulius know, I have a lot to learn. Perspectives I read not only give me ideas, but validate the ones I'm already having. This is my first world and online gaming experience and I expect to make some mistakes. I'll learn and hopefully be around for the next adventure.

The Southern Empire's influence reaches many oceans, but I think the timeline of the game lends itself to expansion and then development. It's easier to strengthen cities you already have and be a presence in oceans you're already in if you have the time. My goal is to make sure cities aren't just CS'd to say "I got another city". Point average per player is something I need to evaluate better. Each city needs to be self-sufficient in my view. I believe with info I pick up here and some incredible mentoring by other leaders our alliance is heading in the right direction. Time will tell.

-Billpolis

DeletedUser2039

I agree Bill. And I luckily had the time spent in Hyperboria to whip my ass into shape. I started The Union there as a natural instinct. We were out in ocean 74 learning a lot, and it just came time to move on. We did, and I think The Union has 3-4 "original" players left. I am one, and there are a few others like Neil Frings. That being said, I knew what I wanted right out of the gate and so far, we have gotten there. Now I admit to far too many mistakes than I can count.

That being said, I'm still happy where we are. I can only hope that we continue to grow and we'll make it in the long run.

DeletedUser

Great work, love reading it and just wanted to add that I HATE CLEANING! lol This was my first time playing this game and I've enjoyed every min of it. Knowing what I know now I probably would have done things differently but at this point the way we have been built is how its going to remain, at least in the basic format structure that we have set ourselves up now. Is there dead weight that could be trimmed in Fall, sure but those tend to be family members,friends and etc of NW members who we protect but obviously they aren't NW caliber. Now does NW have dead weight or poor players, like all alliances we sure do but practice and experience makes perfect and I'm proud of what my people have accomplished and are doing right now.

DeletedUser3317

After reading this by tyler, I think we know who the union is going to war with... Looks like a big one.

DeletedUser

Well to make a revision of the Empires since some moves have occurred.
1) Union/ALL IN Empire has returned to the top with the addition of NO, a very experienced great group, so this Empire has ensured their grasp as the most powerful group of Eta.
2) AW's Empire has gone merge crazy, yet merges tend to filter out all the part-time crap players out, so if this Empire has good leadership which is required in any alliance that stretches more than one Ocean than they might be here to stay. I definitely know they have been aggressive and involved in some serious fighting so far since their BP has really grown since their inception.
3) Sadly my Empire has now fallen to the number 3 spot, oh well better luck next time...

DeletedUser2039

I'm always a fan of a good ally...so I think we're good. ;)

DeletedUser

And than there were two..lol This will be quick, their is only two Empires left in Eta.
1) The Union- Is the superpower of Eta, no other alliance can fight or defend as well as they could. While I know a few people strongly believe they are overrated they forget greatness is measured in comparison and in comparison no other alliance even comes close to what The Union can achieve. They control with an iron fist several oceans and any Ocean that gets the Union's interest will soon be under their control. This alliance has the best shot in winning WW phase.
2) Night Empire- Is the only other superpower of Eta, not to say there aren't other good alliances but no other alliances really have influence in the multiple oceans that The Union and the Night possess.

Special Recognition: While these alliances are not what I would consider "Empires" by my earlier stated definition these alliances are still very powerful and at times could be closely associated with the other Empires. ALL IN, Oceanus and The North are great powers in their own Oceans and all have good shots in winning WW phase.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the special recognition there. I agree with your statement entirely. What I was doing in AW was to try to accomplish what you have in the south but the rest of AW wouldn't listen to me. A select few of us left to try it on our own, but it's probably too late in the game to amass an empire in the north like you have in the south. Your domination in the south is incredible. If as you said,
The North are great powers in their own Oceans and all have good shots in winning WW phase
it is only because of trying to mimic you and mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery I've been told.

DeletedUser

Well I secretly hated you guys lol because of it! Since you also built a larger Empire than mines. I think the reason I was not a happy camper about it was because while we did do merges and gobbled alliances, I felt we built it slower and the more appropriate way through force than mass merging with every other alliance in the North but I was proven wrong about the effectiveness of AW, you guys were actually a lot better than I expected, I really thought you guys would fold instantly in a major war. I thought if you guys could pull it off it was going to be impossible to defeat you guys since it seemed you guys had a good hold on so many different oceans in the North, on the map it looked very impressive. Thank you by the way for your kind words, I can only take so much credit, the real credit belongs to my members they have worked extremely well together and continue to impress me, we have achieved so much more than I ever thought we would be able to do. I am only grateful for all the time we have been able to play at such a fun level and may we both continue to enjoy the game for many many more years.

DeletedUser

I am only grateful for all the time we have been able to play at such a fun level and may we both continue to enjoy the game for many many more years.
I'll drink to that - cheers!

As I said the main reason that I left is because the players that I didn't take with me, lacked the vision to see what needed to happen. They were just worried about attacking TU, which I told them they should not do. That only made my position worse. They wanted to fight for the number one spot instead of build for it.

DeletedUser

Yea going after the Union is never a smart idea lol. You can say I'm afraid or chicken for not taking on the Union but I know the limitations and abilities of my alliance and my goal is to keep the Night alive as long as possible in the hopes we can achieve end-game victory, going after the Union any one of the times my dear critics would of liked for us to do so would of just ended badly for us and our gaming life. You definitely seem to have your head on right, so I now more than ever strongly believe The North will be a long lasting alliance, keep up the good work.

DeletedUser2385

Oh come now, a Night/TU war would be fun....

All joking aside, Ceru has clearly done right by his group

DeletedUser

lol It would probably be more fun for one side than the other 8). Thank you though Keltset, I hope to continue to serve well.